Start by marking “The Road to Zoe” as Want to Read:

The Road to Zoe

She ran away from the truth, but she can’t run forever.

Seven years after his sister vanished without a trace, Jude is on the road, determined not to return home until he has found her. He wants to reunite his broken family, but more than this he wants to know why Zoe left—what happened when they were kids, on that terrible day when everything fell apart.

They’d been

Expected publication: March 10th 2020 by Lake Union Publishing

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Mar 10, 2020
    She ran away from the truth, but she can’t run forever.

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 1259 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 09 - Mar 09, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Road to Zoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road to Zoe

Start your review of The Road to Zoe
    Alina
    ***Note: I received a copy curtesy of Netgalley and Amazon Publishing UK in exchange for an honest review.

A family centered story, packed with emotions, told from 2 POVs: wife/mom and son. The story is flowing very well, kept me reading without skipping any passages and also kept me interested in its evolution.
    I especially liked Jude's (the son) chapters, he's a very well built character, and also Jess features a lot in these, and I totally loved Jess, so that was a plus.
    Dislikes: felt some
    Kath
    Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Well, this author has taken me on many journeys since I discovered his work when I got my first Kindle back in 2011, but this one has to be one of the most emotional (and that's saying something!).
    Mandy comes home early one day to find her husband Ian is being a bit of a naughty boy. He ups sticks straight away to live with his mistress, leaving Mandy with children Jude and Zoe. Zoe's always been a bit highly strung and a fussy eater but this split seems to spiral her issues. Long story short
    Lorraine Woodall
    Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This book flows beautifully and is hard to put down. It’s an “I’ll just read a little more” book that I read late into the night.. The characters are well drawn but the joy of this book is in the sensitively portrayed emotional journey of the main characters. Generally I’m happy to skip paragraphs If I’m not fully engaged but with this book I read every single word. I appreciated the fact that you don’t hear Zoe’s point of view initially so you are as much in the dark as Mandy and Jude and I ...more
    Tracey Austin
    Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Brilliantly written! I couldn’t put it down and found myself itching to get back into it at every opportunity.
    An excellent and very believable story that I can honestly say I enjoyed from start to finish.
    The characters were very likeable and I found myself getting quite emotional towards the end of the book.
    I have always been a loyal reader of Nick Alexander and he certainly hasn't disappointed me with his latest masterpiece. Congratulations on a wonderful book
    Sunny Book Reviewers
    Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This story is of a family-based in the current day dealing with the after-effects of a marriage split and the effects it has on all members of the family for years to come. I was hooked from the off, Ian casually leaves Mandy, Zoe and Jude after she finds him in bed with another woman. The story is told from Mandy the wife and Jude the sons perspective, mainly about the actions of self-centered teenager Zoe. The story is full of highs and lows, hope and despair, keeping you turning those pages.

Deborah
    Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Wow, this one really got me. I don’t know if it’s because I’m a mother, or that I’ve been through similar experiences to Mandy & Zoe - actually it’s probably a combination of all three! Humans, their emotions and thought processes are so complex. I’ve read most of Nick’s book and I still love them. This one is so powerful that it actually kept me awake at night. I seriously hope you give it a shot, because it’s totally worth it!!
    Fiona Mccormick

• Watch Over Me: A psychological thriller with a jaw-dropping twist
    • Buzz Books 2020: Spring/Summer
    • The Guest List
    • After You Left
    • Hillary's Back! (DI Hillary Greene, #18)
    • Hidden on the Fens (Detective Nikki Galena #11)
    • I Made a Mistake
    • The Christmas Train
    • 07:07 - cu sufletul în est
    • Eight Perfect Murders
    • The Day the Crayons Quit
    • Corduroy
    • The Rainbow Fish
    • How to Stop Losing Your Sh*t with Your Kids: Effective strategies for stressed out parents
    • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)
    • Chimera (Parasitology, #3)
    • Symbiont (Parasitology, #2)
    My new novel, You Then, Me Now is out on 1st May (or 1st April on 1st Reads in the UK and Australia).

My previous novels are:

Things We Never Said (2017)

The Bottle of Tears (2016) (also published as Let the Light Shine).

The Other Son (2015)

The Photographer's Wife (2014)

Two novels featuring Hannah:
    - The Half-Life of Hannah.
    - Other Halves (Dec 2013)

Two novels featuring CC: