Start by marking “Panic (Mass Hysteria, #1)” as Want to Read:
Panic (Mass Hysteria, #1)

Panic

(Mass Hysteria #1)

Mass Hysteria is a trilogy of young adult romantic/science-fiction serial novels that tell a continuous story. The books must be read in order, to fully understand the unfolding story.

High school can be hard, especially when your favorite horror movie becomes your reality...

High-School senior, Elizabeth calculates the likelihood of finding love to the probability of
Published October 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Panic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Panic

Start your review of Panic (Mass Hysteria, #1)
Katherine Paschal
Elizabeth is not like other girls, instead she is unemotional and disconnected from the world around her- that is until a new boy moved next door and she starts to develop strange feelings for him. To add to the confusion of her new feelings, Elizabeth is getting threatening letters and a girl who looks a lot like her was killed. Life is starting to get very complicated for this girl.

I had a very hard time connecting to Elizabeth and her lack of emotions or reactions, making her seem very cold.
Anie
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Panic is the first book in Mass Hysteria trilogy of serial novels. We follow the story of Elizabeth, who was always different from everyone. She has just one friend, she is socially awkward and seems like she has no feelings. And then comes the boy. :) Brian moves next door and they get closer. The feeling she thought she will never feel creep up. And he might just feel the same.

At the same time she keeps on getting threatening letters, girls that look just like her are murdered and get this
Rebecca Veight
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This book manages to grab your attention from the very beginning with the first threatening note, as Elizabeth knocks at your heart's door with her social awkwardness and her first real crush. The mystery of the murdered girls that look like her, just adds more spice to an already tasty meal of a story.

The confusion of a first crush is depicted so well. Actually the protagonist's POV is a jumble of emotions and you adopt their intensity. That intensity that keeps you turning the pages, as does
Dawn Brazil
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I’m just a tad bit biased but I LOVE this story. I think readers will find the characters delightful (especially if you like horror movies). There is a twist that even surprised me. You’ll have to read to the third book in the series to get the full story.

PS...this is not a horror story
Jasmine
Debbie P
Karen
Paula Riccobono
Oct 29, 2019

• Feather (Angels of Elysium, #1)
  • Breakup Boot Camp
  • Sweet Talkin' Lover (Girls Trip, #1)
  • A Layer Hidden
  • Last to Love (Moonlight Rogues, #4)
  • Haskell Himself
  • The Ethereal Squadron (The Sorcerers of Verdun, #1)
  • You Too?
  • She Ran Away From Love
  • Bottle Toss
  • Million Eyes
  • Monkey Arkwright (Wardens of the Black Heart #1)
  • Amber Hollow
  • The Bus Ride: A Zany Busnapping Adventure
  • Origins: The Road To Power: A Leeds Crime Fiction Novel (The Target Series Book 1)
  • Dirty St. Nick
  • The Scent of Lies (Paradise Valley Mystery, #1)
  • Leo and the Lightning Dragons
I read words. I write words. I love words. Words have so much power, I understood this at an early age so story-telling has always been a part of my life. After college, I tried my hand at a few different careers - paralegal, customer service, sales. Yeah, I shouldn't have. Now, I'm following my passion and doing what I love. I write Young Adult urban fantasy, science fiction, and romance novels. ...more

Mass Hysteria (3 books)
  • Frenzy (Mass Hysteria #2)
  • Lunacy (Mass Hysteria #3)