Start by marking “Seasons of the Storm (Seasons of the Storm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seasons of the Storm (Seasons of the Storm, #1)

Seasons of the Storm

(Seasons of the Storm #1)

One cold, crisp night, Jack Sommers was faced with a choice—live forever according to the ancient, magical rules of Gaia, or die.

Jack chose to live, and in exchange, he became a Winter—an immortal physical embodiment of the season on Earth. Every year, he must hunt the Season who comes before him. Summer kills Spring. Autumn kills Summer. Winter kills Autumn. And Spring
Expected publication: June 23rd 2020 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Seasons of the Storm, please sign up.
Elle Cosimano There will be a sequel in 2021.…moreThere will be a sequel in 2021. (less)

Start your review of Seasons of the Storm (Seasons of the Storm, #1)
MischaS_
Jan 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cannot-wait
13/01: Serious question, what is it with me and getting declined for the arcs for all books I'm super excited for?

Me reading the blurb.

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
1) this sounds so cool (no pun intended)

2) I think this is literally one of the prettiest covers I have EVER seen. I can't stop staring at it. Wow.
Ashlee » Library In The Country
JACK FROST!? This book sounds amazing.
Mara YA Mood Reader
Jan 01, 2020 marked it as to-read
Reading the blurb like, hmmm...ok....Oh wow. Then, wait, Jack? Like Jack Frost? Like a Jack Frost retelling? No effing way man sign me the eff up!
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
Jack and Fleur, a Winter and a Spring, fall for each other against all odds.

I WANT IT, I NEED IT, TAKE MY MONEY, PLEASE.

Nadhira Satria
Oct 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
THIS SOUNDS SO DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE SIGN ME THE FUCK UP
Tani
Jan 12, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Hype me up, don't let me down.
Kilikina
Ok but this sounds fucking AMAZING. June 2020 can’t come fast enough!!!
♠ TABI ♠
Oct 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: edelweiss
Jack who becomes winter ??

help my Jack Frost feels are all coming back now

Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
How have I not heard of this book until now? And that cover? Gorgeous! I can’t wait to see how this goes.
rachel ☾
Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagramThe Book Depository
Rahma Abdelrahman
You had me at “perfect for fans of Maggie Stiefvater and Laini Taylor”
Ashley
Dec 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-june
This book description makes me want to run around (somewhere not here in the land of no snow- FL) in the snow and dance & make snow angels & dance with the snow flakes like a snow sprite and (when late jan/early feb comes) congratulate them on their new love with Spring...

I feel like maybe i took that a little too far but whatevs i am HERE for this!
THIS SOUNDS SO MAGICAL UGH I CANT. WAIT.

WINTER FALLING IN LOVE WITH SPRING? ITS LIKE ROMEO & JULIET OF THE SEASONS!
Diana Bautista
Oct 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
*whispering* please be good, please be good, please be good
L.C. Perry
Oct 19, 2019 marked it as must-have
I. Want. This. Book. Omg it sounds so cool
Sofia Samu
Dec 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
I'm in love with this cover
Benjamin (The Maniac)
Nov 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
*Reads the synopsis*

Normal people: "Jack Frost!".

Me: "Hell yeah, Tinker Bell".
manonsense & books
Nov 27, 2019 marked it as tbr-anticipated-releases
A guy called Sommers becoming a Winter

*i see what you did there author*

Winter and Spring falling in love (Spring is my fav season & Winter my least fav season I'm hyPED), being complete opposites and having to ultimately kill each other???

And through their star-crossed romance, they're basically going to provoke the apocalypse?
Count me the f in.

Needless to say; I'm very excited about this release.
High hopes I have.

*sigh*
Micaela Muldoon
Jun 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Romance between the seasons, spring and winter trying to be together... mythological swooooon!
Sara
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
(I received an ARC from Edelweiss)

This review might get into tiny spoilers so avoid if you want to go in blind! I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. I loved the world and I loved Jack. The whole idea is amazing, but the execution was just kind of meh?

Most importantly, I wished it was one point of view. The switch between Fleur and Jack would have helped if it progressed their romance a bit more but I ended up just wondering why on earth they'd risk their lives for each other. I think if
Hanna
Oct 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: upcoming
This sounds so predictable but they got me when they name dropped Maggie Stiefvater and Laini Taylor.
Emilie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this book.
While it took me a while to get into this book, once I did, I really enjoyed it. The concept of immortal teenagers living as the embodiment of the seasons and as such spending their existence hunting down the next season in the year was original and interesting. The "magic" in the book was a little tricky to wrap my mind around, especially in the beginning (Why do beings imbued with magic need satellite GPS, computers, bluetooth earpieces, tablets, and
Mary Seaman
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ya
ARC provided by Edelweiss

I found this story to be so unique. I loved the idea of how the seasons change is that each one terminates each other to then hibernate until their season comes again. Also what happens when the seasons fall of one another but is forbidden. It had such a good message of friendship, love and fighting for what you believe in.

It has some lulls for me and at times I didn’t want to pick it back up. But once I got through that I thought it had some interesting twists and
Shannon Fay
Dec 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: are-we-there-yet
The premise where there's a living embodiment of each season kind of reminds me of Amber Argyle's Fairy Queen series (where there's a fairy that IS each season). But I loved the premise then, and it sounds wonderful in this book, especially the part where the seasons fall in love. And I adore the cover. This cover trend of making the title out of beautifully ornate typeface that represents the book and having that be the focus of the cover is delightful. I'm SO happy that this is the new cover ...more
Tânia
Nov 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Star-crossed lovers forced to kill each other because of Gaia's, the Goodness of Earth, ancient rules? Okay, I'm in.

Blog // Instagram // Twitter // Redbubble
Michelle Wilson
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a digital ARC of this book and it was absolutely amazing! It’s such an impressive blend of magic, mythology, and technology. The concept of the Seasons and Gaia’s magic is very creative and unique. I loved the relationships in the book, too. It was a nice balance of romance and friendships. I highly recommend it.
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Dec 04, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
Thank you HarperCollins and HarperTeen for the ARC.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
Kira Simion
Oct 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-to-read
The cover is prettier than the blurb, but I am definitely intrigued.

• The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • Sisters of Sword and Song
  • A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #1)
  • Not Quite Narwhal
  • A Treason of Thorns
  • Coldhearted Boss
  • Give the Dark My Love (Give the Dark My Love, #1)
  • How to Be a Girl in the World
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
  • Shielded (Shielded, #1)
  • The Notorious Virtues (The Notorious Virtues, #1)
  • The Serpent's Curse
  • Forged in Fire and Stars
  • ワンパンマン 18 [Wanpanman 18] (Onepunch-Man, #18)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • Untitled (Crown of Feathers, #3)
Author of NEARLY GONE, NEARLY FOUND, HOLDING SMOKE, THE SUFFERING TREE, and SEASONS OF THE STORM (coming June 23, 2020). Represented by Sarah Davies of The Greenhouse Literary Agency.