Start by marking “Signs of Life: Poems for Remembering” as Want to Read:
Signs of Life: Poems for Remembering

Signs of Life: Poems for Remembering

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A debut book of poetry to feed the soul

Meg Bloom's first book of poetry, Signs of Life, explores the feelings and experiences that make us alive: trauma, grief, loss, love, learning and hope. It offers moments to reflect on both the pain and joy that fill our lives, and what we can learn from them.

About the Author

Meg Bloom lives in Melbourne, Australia. She w/>About
Published October 1st 2019 by Bloom House Press

To ask other readers questions about Signs of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Signs of Life

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·

Start your review of Signs of Life: Poems for Remembering
Michael Cayley
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
A collection of poems by an Australian writer that largely concentrate on explorations of grief and loss. The language is simple, and the approach to emotion is generally direct and straightforward, sometimes too much so for effective poetry. But as a whole the book is moving.

For me the best poems are in the opening main section where there is more use of imagery. For instance,

silk red
is the river between us
a dark pool
brimming with crimson splendour
atop the a
Kristiana
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Bloom’s debut collection is immediately reminiscent of Kaur and Lovelace as she combines pithy thoughts with extended pieces which demonstrate Bloom’s talent for creating raw and honest imagery.

At times, this similarity let the collection down. My issue with the work of Kaur and Lovelace is how often the words read as discarded thoughts instead of poetry consciously crafted to evoke emotions within its readers. I often wish the four line poems in this collection, and others, were fle
Cheryl
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Beautifully written poems that tackle the feelings of Grief and Loss. Sometimes a tad abstract for me, but the point comes across as well as the feelings.
Meg Bloom
Sep 30, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)