Start by marking “Miscreations: Poems” as Want to Read:
Miscreations: Poems

Miscreations: Poems

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Winner of the Newfoundland and Labrador Arts & Letters Award and the Cuffer Prize for Fiction

Miscreations, the second collection by Grant Loveys, mulls over the metaphorical concept of miscreation -- how people, objects, and relationships are imperfectly designed by their various creators -- through the use of direct, visceral language, and frank, sometimes shocking,
Expected publication: April 7th 2020 by Misfit Book

To ask other readers questions about Miscreations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miscreations

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Miscreations: Poems
Mo
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reviews
ARC given by NetGalley for Honest Review

"Miscreations" was a rich and wordy whirlwind of a book. Many times throughout my reading I opted to real aloud to myself to help the sounds create better imagery for myself and I think it was my favorite part. This book came to ask me to participate, to let each vowel and consonant tell its story on my tongue and I am IMPRESSED. While a small handful of poems left something to be desired, for example, "A Little Death" the majority of others boasted
Curtis
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This book of free verse or odd verse poetry was amazingly rich.
One might read it and find themselves lost as they can sometimes sound like the poetry of an adhd child losing track of what they were saying but still rambling.
Yet then one finds that all the words connect and make sense but see the world at odd angles.
You’ll find depth and wisdom and frivolity and nuggets.

My favorite is the line: Life is what happens in the time between inconveniences.

Check this out for a fun read!
Coryl
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, poetry, read-2019, arc
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

I loved how lyrical these poems were. There were some that carried me through to the end and gave me that wonderful emotional whiplash that I enjoy so much from poetry, those final lines with a punch. Others had a slow way of holding my hand and guiding me through the scene, equally as wonderful. This was the kind of poetry collection I wanted to hear aloud, that's how lyrical and beautiful it was.
Rather.be.reading1
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book of poetry. It is touted as "...Miscreations focuses instead on how people and situations can be created from unstable, often opposing, elements and examines how these people and situations manage to survive.." I absolutely loved that idea and knew I had to read this book. I also really like the title! This is definitely not your normal book of poetry. Definitely recommend.
Ana

• Promised Land
  • Endless Night
  • Unfinished Portrait
  • Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
  • Wild Ink : Success Secrets to Writing and Publishing in the Young Adult Market
  • Nineteen
  • Moral Compass
  • The Other People
  • All About Allosaurus: A funny prehistoric tale about friendship and inclusion
  • The Golden Flea: A Story of Obsession and Collecting
  • The Joy of Missing Out: Live More by Doing Less
  • A Conspiracy of Bones (Temperance Brennan #19)
  • The Numbers Game
  • Note to Self: Inspiring Figures Write to the Young People they Once Were
  • Tomorrow's Woman
  • Capital Gaines: Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff
1 follower
Grant Loveys's Our Gleaming Bones Unrobed was The Globe and Mail Readers' Pick for the best poetry collection of 2012. He lives in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador.