Jump to ratings and reviews

The Pinball Machine The family Separation Industry and Parental Alienation

Based on a true story
A story of suffering
A story of hope
“I don’t care about our daughter.” Words that echoed in my head; words I could not accept as possible; that nearly drove me to the grave.

Trevor Cooper shares his deeply personal and gripping story of parental alienation. The story of the uncontrolled chaos when a family is propelled into the “pinball machine” that is the family separation industry. Where ideology and profits spin the score to dizzy levels and the family, one by one, falls down the ball-return shoot unsure on if they will reappear.

Be drawn into the absurd and aggressive tactics used by lawyers that flip their clients to keep the game going to reach the highest score. Witness the Police bumping people aimlessly into and around the game, joined by a cast of crazies recruited to intimidate and create chaos in what seems incredulous. Behold the judges, seemingly disgusted with the appalling behaviour, unable or unwilling to curb it and simply let the game continue.

A story you would expect as an international crime thriller, this is also a story of hope as the father proceeds to extend his hand to help others as they pass through their own hellish pinball machines to see the future and live for their children.

With additional real-life accounts, The Pinball Wizard exposes the incentives built into the system that allow it to rack up huge scores at the children’s expense. It sheds light on important policy considerations for governments if they truly care about their constituents and the future generation.

422 pages, Paperback

First published January 1, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Trevor Cooper

4 books2 followers
A background in the practical areas of engineering construction, and later intelligent transport, telecoms & IT and following a bitter divorce thrown into running mens groups in suicide prevention and discovered what is Parental Alienation! Also learned that the Family Law Industry needed a fresh "systems" approach that would improve the outcome for families, appeared in parliamentary and Senate presentations before writing the book "The Pinball Machine The Family Separation Industry and Parental Alienation" (my only book to date).

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
6 (100%)
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews
September 24, 2020
This book is NOT for the faint hearted, NOT for the ignorant, NOT for those who would believe this could never happen in real life. This book is NOT for those that believe the police are fundamentally good, and investigate before they prosecute, it’s NOT for those that believe lawyers will do the right thing. This book is NOT for those ignorant to the workings of the judicial system.

This book is for those that seek TRUTH, it’s for those that will start the journey, have been thru the journey or know someone who has experienced the journey.

The “Journey” being relationship breakdown, the Family Law process, false allegations of violence & child abuse, involvement of police, irrational & deluded ex-partners, children who have either lost their lives or will forever be inflicted with emotional and/or physical scars. This also covers those in extended families that are impacted by default, thru helping their loved ones, losing a relationship with a child, grand-child, niece or nephew.

This book is based on a true story, names have been changed due to legal reasons. This book will OPEN YOUR EYES and if you can manage its intensity, it will educate you from start to finish.

A fantastic read!
Read
February 12, 2020

Such a compelling read, despite being saddened constantly by the course of events. The author bravely shares his personal life story to help others feel less alone, an amazing advocate for legal changes.
The writing unravels the extremes of human nature from optimism and hopefulness, to calculatingly cruel. It highlights how one can abuse and manipulate the power of the legal system to break another human emotionally, spiritually and financially.
I can only imagine that this horror would become more visible to the community and government leaders if the genders were reversed.

2 reviews1 follower
October 29, 2019
With the start of the 2019 Joint Standing Committee into the Family Law Act the timing of this book is perfect - a must read for anyone inside 'the pinball machine', or in policy work, or at the Australian Productivity Commission....or just anyone who hates waste & inequality! In life we get what we incentivise and this book shines a questioning spotlight on such incentives in Australian family law, plus the states heavy hand in our personal family life and the unavoidable damage one party can generate, via the family law system, if they alone so choose. 5 stars = Very Educational.
September 27, 2019
I felt the book was an insight into bitter separations and a males perspective of being on the other side of false allegations.
Its a current issue that is happening all around the world.
A selfish parent who involves the children and will do anything to get ahead in the custody and property settlement.
Easy to read and I couldnt put the book down.

September 27, 2019
Amazing book! Couldn’t put it down. Incredible what people go through to have a loving relations with their child. What people do to prevent that relationship. Should be a must read for every lawyer, judge, social worker, Psychirtist or Psycholgist.
Profile Image for Ocean Reeve.
Author 3 books24 followers
November 12, 2019
A profound publication that gives a great insight into the flaws within the family law system in Australia. A must-read for all to gain an understanding of our broken system and the need to make urgent change.
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.