Start by marking “The Book Review Companion: An Author’s Guide to Getting and Using Book Reviews” as Want to Read:
The Book Review Companion: An Author’s Guide to Getting and Using Book Reviews

The Book Review Companion: An Author’s Guide to Getting and Using Book Reviews

The Book Review Companion is a handy reference guide, loaded with feedback from authors and real-world experience. It includes step-by-step instructions for getting and using book reviews.
- Proven review strategies applicable to any book, and any author
- The ten major sources for reviews, including sixty resources
- Amazon review policies demystified and clarified
- A
Published October 24th 2019 by PartnerPress

To ask other readers questions about The Book Review Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book Review Companion

Start your review of The Book Review Companion: An Author’s Guide to Getting and Using Book Reviews
Lola
I received a free copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it.

I've been enjoying reading some non-fiction books about (self)-publishing among other topics this year, so when I got the email about this book I grabbed the chance to read it. I think reviews can be very important to a book's success, so I thought it would be interesting to read a book about how authors can get reviews. And I was hoping this would be a good resource for that.

It's clear the author has been around the
Jackie Holness
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The Book Review Companion" is a wonderful resource that has informed me why book reviews are essential. Although I'm an author, I truly wasn't aware how essential they are until after I read this book. I really liked the analogy of the full parking lot and book reviews. It's true, if you go to a restaurant, for example, and the parking lot is empty, then you wonder if the food will be any good. The same is true for book reviews. This book is so very thorough that an author can use it again and ...more
R. Bruce Rowe
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
David lets us know that reviews are the key to creating credibility for you and your book. More reviews increase your chances of making the sale. But how do you get reviews? This book answers that question in detail. Use it as a handbook to make it happen, step-by-step. David's experience in the business comes through as he answers virtually every question you'll have.
Remember that people must be able to discover and see value in your book. The writing must be good, but it's your marketing that
Amber  Christiansen
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is pretty comprehensive for the subject. It details why reviews are important, ways to get them (including a wealth of resources), and how and why to write reviews. The advice on how to write reviews was a bit too formulaic for my tastes, but it'll be worth referencing when I don't know what to say. The part I found most helpful was the resources on finding reviewers and how to approach them.

I received a free ARC from the author and am leaving a voluntary review. I'm on the author's
Michaell Cavllaro
Great Book on the subject of how to get Book Reviews

Before reading this book I knew nothing of the importence of having book reviews, or how to get them. Now I know. Every author, or person who want's to become an author must read this book. Thank you for a great book Mr. Woghan.
N. Lang
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great info for newbies

Good info for newbies like me. I have the "Yellow pages of Book Review" and found some of those links in here too but don't know if there all the same. A lot of stuff I booked marked and will be going back to. I found some of the stories of marketing with book reviews interesting and worthwhile. Just got to keep getting those reviews.
Brian Keelan
Dec 04, 2019

• 101 foolproof jokes to use in case of emergency
  • A Widow for One Year
  • Trinity
  • Will It Fly?: How to Test Your Next Business Idea So You Don't Waste Your Time and Money
  • Dragon Tide: Waves of Destiny
  • Dragon Tide: Bubbles of Hope
  • Sovereign Sacrifice (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles, #4)
  • Two Deals (Blackwell Djinn, #2)
  • Work Less, Make More: The counter-intuitive approach to building a profitable business, and a life you actually love
  • Product Research 101: Find Winning Products to Sell on Amazon and Beyond
  • The Queen's Advantage (Rogue Queen, #2)
  • Mistletoe Mishap
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • Beyond Arbitrage - How to Take your Business to Another Level: The Comprehensive Guide to Sourcing Wholesale, Trade Shows, Closeouts, and More
  • Worthy of Magic (The Ancient Magic Series Book 4)
  • City of Wishes: The Complete Cinderella Story
  • The Best Trading Lessons of Jesse Livermore
  • THINK HIPS! The Five Minute Hip Flexor Stretch Solution: Simple Hip Flexor Strengthening Exercises to Reduce Joint Pain & Increase Muscle Flexibility
David Wogahn is an indie publishing strategist specializing in publishing and imprint management for indie publishers and hybrid authors. His publishing and Internet marketing experience began at Los Angeles Times parent Times Mirror where he was co-founder of Times Mirror Multimedia and later co-founded and served as COO of a VC-backed online sports network.

David is the author of Register Your