Start by marking “The Treasure Map” as Want to Read:
The Treasure Map

The Treasure Map

Jack is a 10-year-old boy ready for a joyous Christmas vacation, but as punishment for a poor report card, he is tasked with cleaning out his family’s long-forgotten attic. Inside, he finds a chest with a treasure map and a letter that transports him to another time, place, and existence.

Jack finds himself living the life of a young man named Niko, an enemy of the State of
Published November 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Treasure Map, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Treasure Map

Start your review of The Treasure Map
Kelly
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I agreed to write this honest objective review and received a complimentary pre-release copy to do so. It is the first Tyler Scott Hess book I have read.

The story changes time and place every few chapters, some chapters revealing 10-year-old Jack’s life working on cleaning up the attic while missing out on some of his family’s Christmas activities and being fascinated by the treasure map and letter. Other chapters take us into the time and place of the treasure map and letter where the Faithful
Yakira Goldsberry
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
With the Christmas season right around the corner, there will be plenty of Christmas books hitting the shelves. But there has never been a Christmas story quite so unique or different as Tyler Scott Hess’s The Treasure Map.

When I saw the cover reveal for this book, I thought it was an autumn-ish story, but then I reminded myself that Hess is obsessed with Christmas. Like, a bit over-the-top obsessed. Not that I’m complaining. And it turned out, it was. But, I guess you could say that The
Susan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I agreed to write this objective review and received a complimentary pre-release copy in doing so. This is the first book I have read of Tyler Scott Hess’s.

Jack Monroe is a 10-year-old boy who is giving the task of cleaning out the attic as punishment for a poor report card. All the while his siblings are enjoying their Christmas vacation. Little does he know that all the hard work will be worth his while in the end. While going about his punishment young Jack comes across a treasure map and a
Sharel E.
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jake Monroe was like any typical 10-year-old around Christmas time; snowball fights and sledding with his friends enjoying the season in anticipation for presents and family traditions. Unfortunately for Jake, his report card showed up as well, and the punishment he received was much different than any he had before in Author Tyler Scott Hess’s, “The Treasure Map.”

Jake could not believe he was given the task of cleaning out the attic in their family home that had been passed down to them from
Joy Neal
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was it possible for an escaped convict to be a hero? That's the question asked by a boy who finds a map in an old trunk in the attic. Cleaning up the attic during Christmas break was punishment for less than stellar grades, but leads to a challenging mystery from an earlier time, connected to the boy's ancestry. Boys and girls alike will be intrigued by this well-told and suspenseful story.

The author, Tyler Scott Hess, is also fun to follow on Instagram.
Susan
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a pleasure to read and discover the world that Jack falls into! I think this author did a great job of switching between Jack and Niko and how Jack keeps it going. Loads of action and details of a different world that will keep you turning the pages. Definitely will leave you thinking deeply about the meaning and pondering the lessons we can learn from it all! It felt like an allegory to me and I enjoyed the message. A wonderful creation!
Terri
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading The Treasure Map.
The characters are wonderful and the story filled with imagination. I love how Jack discovers the pages that transport him to another time. The story moves back and forth between Jack and Niko and I found it hard to put down to find what happens next. There is a good message about family, friendship and faith. I highly recommend this book for all age groups.

This objective review was based on a complimentary pre-release copy.
Mary
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
There's something about a group of people with different personalities, many quirks, and various skill sets banding together with a common goal. There's bound to be tension, and sometimes even traitors, but there's also a bond that only comes from putting one's life on the line for each other, and this camaraderie enabled the fugitives who have a leading role in this book to take on what seemed nearly impossible to accomplish. I loved the message of teamwork, and that everyone has unique ...more
Jessica
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thumbs up. I would put this in the teen section of the library, 7 to 9 th grade. A fast paced read.

People that like the Maze Runner or Michael Vey will enjoy this book
Tyler Hess
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Sherlock
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for an action packed thriller that is perfectly clean and yet super intriguing, this is the book. Tyler Scott Hess is the author. I barely had the chance to read the title of the book before being sucked, mind and all, into the story. The characters were well fleshed out. Written full of mystery, with intrigue, good values and lessons, nail biting suspense and a dash of dystopia; this book was a page turner from the very start. This dual timeline masterpiece is sure to captures ...more
Tara Savanna
karen
Dec 10, 2019
Wade
Dec 11, 2019

• Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
  • Murder Mezzo Forte (A Preston Barclay Mystery)
  • The Heart of Aleppo: A Story of the Syrian Civil War
  • Season of Hope
  • Some Like it Plaid
  • Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy 2)
  • The Choice
  • A Silver Willow by the Shore
  • Serving Up Love: A Harvey House Brides Collection
  • Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #1)
  • Noel Street
  • The Good Governor: Robert Ray and the Indochinese Refugees of Iowa
  • A Pirate at Pembroke
  • Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie, #1)
  • Check Me Out
  • Rowan's Chronicle: Volume 1
  • Daddy-Long-Legs (Daddy-Long-Legs, #1)
  • Misleading Miss Verity (Regency Brides: Daughters of Aynsley #3)
Tyler Scott Hess is a believer, writer, and author of the new novel The Treasure Map out November 4, 2019.

Trained in the business world, uplifted in the church, and dedicated to the craft of writing, Tyler has spent years sharing his thoughts on the world through an ever-increasing collection of novels, including the holiday classic, Christmas in Pineville.

Tyler grew up in the Pacific Northwest,