Start by marking “Demons at the Doorstep” as Want to Read:
Demons at the Doorstep

Demons at the Doorstep

Jessica has better things to do than run for her life, but that is the least of her worries. Powerful magic is being unleashed in her city, causing unnatural northern lights to coat the sky. As a Beata, a balance keeper of magic, it is Jessica’s duty to uncover the potential threat. Standing in her way is the band of witch hunters. Led by Connor Crowe and his brother ...more
Published January 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Demons at the Doorstep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demons at the Doorstep

Start your review of Demons at the Doorstep
Anne Z.
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
I just love discovering new authors. It is such a wonderful thing when a book meet all your expectations. Demons at the Doorstep was a wonderful young adult fantasy book and I am very happy that it landed on my doorstep!
The first thing I feel I should point out about this book is the writing. I was about 50 pages in when I decided that regardless of what I thought of the plot I would give the book a few stars for the writing alone. Rachel Bell-Irving is no shadow of doubt a very talented
Naomi Harrison
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read through this book so fast, I just couldn't put it down! It's a nice new twist on witches and witch hunters, with the added bit of throwing in demons. Also being set in Canada which just makes it that much more awesome to me. Would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a new fresh young adult fantasy book!
Dagmar Haug
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beeing curious of what Rachel achieved with her first book I started reading. As an old Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings fan the titel soundes interesting -and I absolutly loved it. I liked the way the setting was discribed, reminding me of the travels to Canada. Also I loved the love story slowely starting but never getting cheesy. A good read for cold autumn days!

Natürlich war ich neugiering auf das erste Buch der lieben Rachel, die ich in Kanada kennegelernt hatte. Als alter Harry Potter
Aubrie Johnson
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great, quick summer read and serves as a wonderful first (hopefully of many more) release from Bell-Irving. The book was filled with humour, flirtation, and vivid descriptions that made me feel like I was on the streets of Toronto with the heroine (which could be scary at times with some of the horrifying creatures in the story). I can't wait to read the rest of the series and hear more about Jessica Williams' whirlwind of a life!
chelsea
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
rtc
Emily
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished reading Demons at the Doorstep last week and love the world that the author created! I haven't read a book about magic and witches for so long and I really enjoyed reading this urban fantasy. I loved how strong Jessica was and it was so nice to read about an independent protagonist. There was a hint (really more of a tease!) of a romance that I hope will develop more in the following books. There is so much potential for this series and I am so excited to continue reading it! I’m ...more
Ryan Jones
Megan
Hannah
Linh
Oct 16, 2019
I'm a YA author based out of Vancouver, Canada. I love stories with crazy creatures, heist stories, underdogs, magic warriors, hate to love trope, and anything with witty one-liner humour.

When not writing or reading, you can find my exploring tide pools at the beach, enjoying a cup of tea, or daydreaming about adventure and magical lands. Connect with me on instagram: