Start by marking “A Gift Like No Other (An O'Connor Christmas)” as Want to Read:
A Gift Like No Other (An O'Connor Christmas)

A Gift Like No Other

(O'Connor Daughters of Boston and Winds of Change)

Her dream is writing.
His is the perfect wife and mother.
Until God fulfills them both
with a dream like no other.

Twelve years ago, Faith O’Connor happily gave up her dream as a copywriter to become a wif
Published October 20th 2019 (first published October 2019)

To ask other readers questions about A Gift Like No Other, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gift Like No Other

Start your review of A Gift Like No Other (An O'Connor Christmas)
Beth Erin
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review and giveaway featured on FaithfullyBookish.com

This sweetly steamy and inspirational romance novella will put readers in the mood to snuggle up with their spouses by the Christmas tree! Fans of A Passion Most Pure (book 1 of The Daughters of Boston series) will especially enjoy this “where are they now?” glimpse of Faith and Collin and the entire O’Connor clan. The author’s inclusion of relatable challenges and reminders to seek God’s will and apply His precepts in all areas of
MJSH
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-tours, read-2019
Julie Lessman’s books are powerful, deeply moving, thought-provoking, inspirational and beautifully romantic. And this Christmas novella just proves her mastery with words and emotions. This book is Christmas novella #5 in the O’Connor family series with six full-length novels in addition to the novellas. I actually haven’t read any of the books in the series but now feel the overwhelming urge to read all of them after finishing this novella. This can be read and fully enjoyed as a stand-alone. ...more
Courtney Clark
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Whew! Julie Lessman manages to balance sweetly passionate romances with deep spiritual themes and lessons. A Gift Like No Other does this well, showing the power of prayer and trust in the midst of marriage and everyday life. This Christmas novella will be particularly appreciated by readers of her “Daughters of Boston” or “Winds of Change” series because of all the familiar faces and wonderful family dynamics.
As the summary points out, this story is a little spicier in the romantic depart
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
This Christmas story was everything I wanted it to be and more. It had just the right amount of passion to keep from blushing, but wanting to have some snuggle time with your hubby. I know some people may be against “passion” in their stories, but I think there’s a time and a place. Obviously I would want it to be with a married couple, and I wouldn’t want it so detailed that I felt uncomfortable reading it. Not to worry – Lessman brings the proper amount of spice to this story.

Here’
Sherida Stewart
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Snuggle up with a cup of orange-cinnamon tea and a sugary snickerdoodle, ready to be blessed by this sweet, spicy story!

Devoted fans of Julie Lessman’s writing know her books are filled with passionate emotions. Her well-developed characters settle into a special place in the reader’s heart. This is so true with this story as Collin and Faith’s seventeen-year marriage faces a few challenges, which all marriages do over time. I loved the way this husband and wife confronted
Diana
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a delight to revisit the lively O'Connors, who throughout the years have become like family to me! Julie Lessman (whom I've affectionately dubbed "la crème de la crème of sizzling romance") has penned another heartwarming, angsty story with two of my fave characters—the lovely Faith O'Connor McGuire and the super hunk of all heroes, the tall, dark, and dangerous Collin McGuire. Be sure to keep a fan handy, ladies!

Even though this is a Christmas novella there are plenty of fireworks between
(Jenna) The Artist Librarian
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Julie Lessman
To borrow an oft-used phrase in the series, "Sweet mother of Job," how I have missed the O'Connors! I can barely believe that it has been practically 12 years since A Passion Most Pure, Julie Lessman's debut novel that introduced us to protagonists Faith O'Connor, Collin McGuire, and the rest of the memorable O'Connor family was published. Set in 1936, twenty years after the events of her first novel, Faith and Collin are navigating married life with ease until a career opportunity causes confli ...more
Julia
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Gift Like No Other by Julie Lessman is a Christian historical novel that focuses on a marriage. It is set in 1930’s America where the roles of husband and wife were different to today.
Gradually women were breaking free from the role of stay-at-home mum but there were still men who held the belief that a married woman, and especially one with children should stay at home. “It’s the thirties… where married women have no business in the workplace.” The domineering spirit of a husband means
Lisa
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give A Gift Like No Other 5 stars. This novella is a standalone, but if you have the read the series, you will know more of the background of the all characters. This is about a Christian marriage during a rough patch. So here is a WARNING: Due to a subject matter that deals with marital problems, please be advised that this sweet inspirational novella contains a higher level of romantic passion.
I definitely loved the characters Faith and Collin, they were one of my favorite couples from
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Have you ever read books that you fall in love with just from the blurb? And then, when you open the book and read it, it didn’t let you down? Yea, I get that with every single Julie Lessman book I read. No matter if it’s a full length, or a novella, I get all the feels and am never disappointed. Lessman truly delivered us a gift like no other with this read!

I fell in love with Faith and Conner in Lessman’s Daughters Of Boston series, so when I learned this novella was part of their
Erica
Have I mentioned recently how much I adore Collin and Faith? No, I don't think I have. So here we go!

From A Passion Most Pure to A Gift Like No Other, I have loved this couple! Walking with them through their sometimes difficult yet heartwarming courtship, into their beautiful marriage has felt more like a privilege than entertainment. And while I might say that Emma and Sean became my favorite couple when I first read A Heart Revealed, Collin and Faith will always hold a special pla
Emily Yager
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those warm fuzzy reads that is perfect for curling up with a cup of hot tea.

This novella, while part of a series, stands just fine on it’s own. It shows the power that prayer has within a troubled marriage. Married couple, Collin and Faith, are going through a rough patch in their marriage. This story does a great job of showing how their faith and prayer helps them through it.

I loved this book. It’s very inspiring, emotional, and hopeful read with an HEA.

Warning though – it’s
Martha
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
In this continuing story of Faith and Colin, I enjoyed so many things about it. I found myself though, having trouble connecting with the character on occasion. I think it is just the place I am in right now, where it just wasn't hitting me right.

I would recommend this book to people that have a strong marriage, but have some minor troubles here and there. The time period is set when women were still a bit looked down on for working outside the home, which was hard for me, but accurate to the t
Brittany
I loved seeing into the heart of Collin and Faith’s marriage, with both their passion and love for each other, as well as their conflicts that needed to be worked out. This novella showed their human reactions to hurts, fears, and insecurities yet it also revealed hearts that, while perhaps stubborn at first, eventually yeilded to taking things to God in prayer and petition.

I thoroughly enjoyed this peek back into the lives of some of my favorite characters to read about!

Amy
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do believe that the novel, A Passion Most Pure, is my favorite Lessman novel, and might just be my favorite novel of all time. So I was tremendously excited when she was going to focus her latest Christmas story on Faith and Conner and this story, A Gift Like No Other, does not disappoint.

It has been about 17 years of marriage and three kids later for this very loving couple and they are still refreshingly in love. And at times they are very passionate about that love. So be forewa
Julie Graves
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, christian
It is always fun to check back in with the O'Conner family. If you haven't read The Daughters of Boston series you must check them out!

This Christmas novella features Faith and Collin. They've been married for 17 years now. Faith's dream has always been to be a writer but Collin has no desire for her to work outside of the home. What happens when communication in marriage is broken down and dreams are unfulfilled?

One of the things I love about Julie Lessman's books are th
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Another sweet Romance from one of my very favorite Romance writers. As avid readers of Ms. Lessman’s books, we all know the passion she has in all of her books, and this one is very passionate. Collin and Faith were experiencing marriage problems, it is the 1930’s and Collin strongly believes in women staying at home raising their children instead of working, but Faith is just as determined that she work. And Collin is not a happy husband.

These tw
Andi
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: empty-shelf-2019
Get ready for some holiday cheer! This new book of Ms. Lessman will have wives wanting to snuggle up to their hubby's next to a warm fireplace. Since Julie Lessman first penned A Passion Most Pure her tagline has been passion with a purpose and she's lived up to that with every book she writes.

She puts her character's in compromising situations in order to highlight real issues that plague marriages today. Taking those situations she weaves nuggets of Bible precepts into what her character's ar
Erica Emelander
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Get in your comfy chair...you won’t want to put this one down! I have been waiting for quite some time for another book starring Faith and Collin, and I was in no way disappointed! They are my favorite couple in the O’Connor family, and have been one of my favorite couples in all literature since I read “A Passion Most
Kelly Bridgewater
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Julie Lessman is a wonderful writer of passion and history. I have read all of her novels and was excited when I heard she created Faith and Conner's Christmas story. Faith and Conner were the first couple by Lessman I was introduced to. A Gift Like No Other begins with hot emotions between a husband and wife in the bedroom. Don't worry. This is not Shades of Gray. Just the longing and glances before it. Definitely a novel I wouldn't allow my younger teenage niece to read, but it is a honest gla ...more
Dana Michael
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Y'all! Julie Lessman is one of my favorite writers and I really enjoy her books. This book is filled with passion and inspiration. It has a solid message for married couples. I highly recommend this to all newly married and well, let's just say any married couple really. However, I do not recommend for anyone who is not married yet. This contains some steamy scenes but never goes over the line and I appreciate that about this author. There is a good lesson for couples to heed in this story and I ...more
Sydney
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Gift Like No Other by Julie Lessman is an inspiring and romantic O’Conner Christmas story. Lessman really punches the reader in the gut with the truth and reality of what real life marriage relationships can be like. It can be hard and painful, but it can also be wonderful and glorious. This story shows the struggle and misunderstanding of a married couple with several children and how they forgive and overcome and strengthen their relationship. This is a story that readers will thoroughly enj ...more
Sheridan
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the O'Connor 'saga'.

I love Julie Lessman's writing. She weaves her tales with so much heart, hope, and passion. Her characters are alive and live in a special place in my heart.

I enjoyed reading this 'update' on Faith and Collin. It's been over a year since I read their story that I'm tempted to go all the way back to the beginning and read again! 😊
Janet Merrell
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Every time a new story about the O’Connor family is released, it makes me so happy I get to reunite with one of my favorite fictional families ever. Even though it’s been several years since I first read the series, I remember each character like it was yesterday. This novella was delightful and the author made some very good points about praying for all aspects of your marriage. Very well done!
Adedoyin Adenuga
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GOD'S LOVE FOR A ROMANTIC MARRIAGE

Absolutely amazing work! Julie Lessman, I just love your passion for God, passion for love & romance, passion for prayer. Bringing "real-life" like situations in your books. Thank you for this beautifully written story, I LOVE IT! God bless you!!
Jody Pulcheon
Kara Groat
Nov 06, 2019
Sharon Mork
Oct 24, 2019

• Wyatt (The Montana Marshalls #4)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • Ford (The Montana Marshalls #3)
  • Like a Winter Snow (Port Willis)
  • Christmas at Whitefriars
  • The Bright Unknown
  • Evermore (The Lost Princesses, #1)
  • Hereafter (The Lost Princesses, #3)
  • Dark Ambitions (Code of Honor #3)
  • Always (The Lost Princesses, #0.5)
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • The Words Between Us
  • Deadly Christmas Pretense (Roughwater Ranch Cowboys #2)
  • Foremost (The Lost Princesses, #2)
  • Strands of Truth
  • The Hope of Christmas Past
  • With You Here
Julie Lessman is an award-winning author whose tagline of “Passion With a Purpose” underscores her intense passion for both God and romance. A lover of all things Irish, she enjoys writing close-knit Irish family sagas that evolve into 3-D love stories: the hero, the heroine, and the God that brings them together.

Author of The Daughters of Boston, Winds of Change, and Heart of San Fran

O'Connor Daughters of Boston and Winds of Change (6 books)
  • A Passion Most Pure (The Daughters of Boston, #1)
  • A Passion Redeemed (The Daughters of Boston, #2)
  • A Passion Denied (The Daughters of Boston, #3)
  • A Hope Undaunted (Winds of Change, #1)
  • A Heart Revealed (Winds of Change, #2)
  • A Love Surrendered (Winds of Change, #3)