Start by marking “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Sexual Orientation” as Want to Read:
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Sexual Orientation

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Sexual Orientation (Andy Stevenson #1)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
1989: The adventure begins during the summer after his freshman year of college when Andy Stevenson accompanies his grandmother on a six-day trip to California to celebrate her brother's 50th wedding anniversary. Once there, however, life becomes a series of comical faux pas with relatives who can't remember his name, women who want to charge him $10 to put suntan lotion o ...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Zumaya Publications Us (first published March 2003)

Be the first to ask a question about A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to My Sexual Orientation

Christy
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'll be honest and admit the title of this book is the first thing that drew me in. The second was that it's written by Kage Alan, who I've come to discover has a fabulous sense of humor, and, oh yeah, he can pen a story, too. So I decided I wanted to take this trip with Kage, or, more accurately, with Andy, the main character, and see where he led me. I was looking for laughs, which I found, but I also found a poignancy I hadn't expected and that made the whole book just that much better.

"Let m
Lori
Jan 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
As soon as I saw the title of this book, I had to read it. This quirky, funny book starts out a little slow but then picks up and has tons of LOL moments. Not a 5 star read for me because there's no sex and the fade to black scene towards the end of the story was disappointing. I still really enjoyed the book and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.
A.B. Gayle
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
There were two books here. One, a 2 star over-the-top forgettable attempt at humor and another (5 star) very touching account of what's it's like dealing with the recognition you're gay.

I must admit I skipped a lot during tales of staying with his grandmother and her brother. The book took a decided turn for the better when he arrived at Jenny's house.

To be fair, perhaps that was because these relatives were more accepting of him as a person.

Perhaps the first bit was needed to show what an assho
qx
Shelves: kindle-mobi, glbt-all
(Lent to me)
Phil Strobe
Apr 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I laughed a lot as I read this. After, I thought about the parts which were more challenging than slapstick. This book lingers in my mind.
Matthew Vandrew
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
A bunch of unpleasant people are saying unpleasant words and doing unpleasant things, which makes this book a very unpleasant reading. Nothing funny. I gave up.

Lamar54
Katie
Jul 26, 2010

Andy Stevenson (2 books)
  • Andy Stevenson Vs. The Lord Of The Loins
“Small experiences, the smallest, can make a difference in a person's life. Once they've had that experience, they're changed forever.” 5 likes