Start by marking “Best Laid Plans (Sanctuary #2)” as Want to Read:
Best Laid Plans (Sanctuary #2)

Best Laid Plans

(Sanctuary #2)

Former SEAL Hugh “Heff” Bradley has put aside his womanizing ways to focus on making the Sanctuary a place for veterans in need. He knows how difficult the transition back to civilian life at can be; he’s walked the razor’s edge himself a few times.

His plan: Use his special skills to make the project a reality and stop those trying to sabotage it. That means keeping his h
Published October 15th 2019 by Abbie Zanders

To ask other readers questions about Best Laid Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Laid Plans

Start your review of Best Laid Plans (Sanctuary #2)
Joanne
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read the first book in this series I knew Heff’s book would be good. The sparks flew between him and Sandy from their first meeting. Nothing is as it seems with this group of guys. Ms Zanders throws quite a few curveballs each time you think you know whats coming! This was a great read and I loved not only watching their story unfold but catching up with old favourites the Callaghan’s and Tori and Brian. This had everything, intrigue love and of course tho sexy Alphas. Great book I can’t ...more
Allena
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not only do we get a great new hero and heroine but Brain McCain and Tori are a part of the story and a couple of cameos was f the Callaghans.

Shattered dreams, small town politics, amazing secondary characters and a storyline that holds your attention.

Loved it all and look forward to the next book in the series.

Kat Wes
Fantastic Book!

This book is amazing! You think you have it all figured out, then Ms Zanders does what she does best an throws you for a loop. Heff and Sandy are a great couple and you could feel the sparks between them from the first (if you read Protecting Sam first).

This book is book two in the Sanctuary series, but the first is not necessary to follow and enjoy this book completely.
Jane A
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! I loved this book and fell in love with Heff, he is simply wonderful. I had to keep reading as I couldn’t bear not knowing how Sandy and Heff’s story ended, Abbie Zanders cleverly and beautifully wove their love story keeping the reader in suspense about the outcome until the very end.
Sandy Summers is ready for her time and is desperate for the chance to break out of Sumneyville’s small town world and grasp life in the big city but fate has a habit of not co-operating. Hugh “Heff”
Susan
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heff and Sandy are absolutely adorable and amazing together.
Abbie has a way of weaving and telling a story that sucks you in.
The author makes you feel like you're there watching their story unfold.
Your on there emotional Rollercoaster with them. Your there cheering them on yelling at them at what you want them to do.
This book will suck you and keep you glued to your seat till you finished the book.
This series has quickly sucked me in and I am having trouble being patient while I wait
Lisa Seely
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started this book and just did not want to put it down. There were so many good things about this book: The stunningly gorgeous manwhore just gets side-swiped by his feelings and commitment, Sandy’s brother Kevin, who is autistic (I have a huge soft spot for autistic children and their everyday struggles), and reconnecting with characters from other series. Great book and looking forward to the next book.
Leslie
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the stories Abbie Zanders weaves. Her characters are written with such rich details I never have any problems picturing them in my imagination. The stories are well paced and things never bog down by lack of action. I love that previous people drop in for guest visits, so it's like catching up with old friends. I am always delighted to see a new Abbie Zanders book because I know she is going to take me on a grand adventure!
Susan Jordens
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a stunning book which is crammed with content, full of emotion and drama not forgetting romance. The characters are amazing and so likeable. The storyline is perfect for the setting and written with such skill that I connected immediately and could not put the book down. It was also great to meet up again with some old friends too. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and highly recommend it to you.
Lynn Fearon
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abbie Zanders has given us another beautifully crafted story ! From the setting to the characters to the story itself , she has a way of putting you right into the center of it all. I love the new characters in this series but it’s also fun to have ‘old friends’ pop in to visit! Loved the storyline ! Can’t wait for more !
Jody
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always, Abbie Zanders knocked it out of the park with Heff and Sandy’s story!!! I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed in this book! What’s not to love about a group of alpha males/former SEALs? I also loved that there are some cameo appearances made by a few of the Callaghan brothers and their Croie’s! Can’t wait for more books on the other guys from the Sanctuary!!!
Ruiz Kim
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story. I fell in love with Hugh and Sandy. Abbie Zanders weaves a wonderful story that has everything. Great characters and supporting characters, intrigue, romance and side storylines, all together make for a read you won't want to put down. Definitely recommend reading. I received a free copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a review
Amanda Roden
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed getting to know Sandy and Heff. I loved the pace of this book and the twist and turns. I also loved getting to see a couple of old Pine Ridge favorites! I look forward to seeing where this series goes!
Nancy Kehl
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hawt, sexy, life changing, emotional, sometimes what you think you want the most is really not what you want, romance that had me laughing, crying and cheering for these 2. Loved it!!💞💞💞
Sandy
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved every minute of this fast paced book. The love story is fantastic with a little excitement along the way. Reminds you that what we wish for is not always what we need.
LORRIE
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing, hot and sexy romantic suspense. It was great to meet the new family members, but even better to see our favorites
Staci
ARC COPY FOR HONEST REVIEW

Omg this book started off hot n sexay and never stopped!! Sandy and Heff had an amazing chemistry. My heart went out to Kevin.

HEA RULE!!!!
Renee Blankenship
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Heff and Sandy! First I want to say that I love the book cover. He looks like Heff’s description and he is swoon material. I admit to spending a lot of time looking at his picture.
I love Abbie’s books. They have great plots with romance, suspense, hot alpha males who are sweet and protective of their family and women.
Abbie is a wonderful writer who brings the plot and characters to life. The book flows well. There are no slow parts. It keeps you interested from beginning to e
Rachael Bromley
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book. Took me a while to get into but in the end I loved Heff and Sandy’s love story. Abbie has managed to write a wonderful love story whilst also introducing some tangled things going on with sandy and her half-brother plus Matt and The Sanctuary and vandalism. Sandy's friendship with Lenny is tested so far as he tries to embellish what happened to someone in his past but then sandy hears the truth and is torn. A job in the city, losing her half brother as his mom comes back, her fr ...more
Melanie Marnell
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Count on Abbie Zanders for love stories with intrigue, suspense and some danger. Add in gorgeous, sexy, Alpha men with big hearts and vibrant, intelligent, sassy women and you've got a fabulous book. Heff and Sandy definitely meet all the criteria and included in their story are a couple of delightful special needs boys who will steal your heart. Trying to "live the dream," Sandy realizes "there's no place like home" and Heff finally finds his home again in Sandy.

I love the whole pre
Isabella
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heff and Sandy's story is stunning - a mix of hot scenes and Sandy finding her path.

I loved the background stories of The Sanctuary and Happy Trials, and the small almost cameos of some of the callaghan brothers.

In my mind, Heff is a stunning, caring and sexy lead man, whilst Sandy is strong and is trying to live her dreams. Kevin is a lovely addition to Sandy's family.
Kasey Belle
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Hugh and Sandy were perfect for each other. Sweet, generous, loving, and hard-headed. The perfect match. I loved seeing the Callaghan clan and friends making an appearance. Action, suspense, humor, and sexy times. Best Laid Plans is a must read. I can't wait to see what happens next in this amazing series.
Michelle Lambert
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Abbie Zanders!! Love Heff and Sandy! Sandy is dreaming of the day she can leave her hometown and make her mark on New York City. She’s seen nothing of the world. Heff is a former SEAL who’s seen more than his fair share. How would they make this work! And let’s not forget all the roadblocks and shenanigans going on with the Sanctuary! Must read!!
Liz Sadowsky
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful read! Heff and Sandy are the couple you want to be, so caring and in love. The story is sweet with just the right amount of edge to keep you reading till the end. Thank you Abbie for another fantastic story!
Carmen  Torres
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. It’s full of action,danger and finding that elusive someone. Abbie Zanders never disappoints. This author is a wonderful storyteller and writes beautiful characters. An excellent read.
Vfc
Oct 21, 2019 added it
Struggling to maintain my attention. Perhaps I shall revisit in the future however this isn’t my cup of tea.
Rachel
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was such a good read, I had a hard time putting it down. Heff and Sandy are such polar opposites and yet they both needed each other. I particularly loved the friendship that developed between Danny and Kevin. I am going to enjoy watching Sanctuary develop.😁
Country Girl
Nicole
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love reading Abbie Zanders books. Her books overlap with previous characters which I love. I love catching up in past books current happenings. How she brings all her characters seamlessly together is amazing.
Heff is a new kinda character for her in my opinion. Hes a playboy, where sandy is a down to earth girl. How they each go through so many different emotions an changes is an attention holder. How Heff manages to relate to kids, an honestly I really wanted to see him dancing with kids in re
Colleen
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's always a good day to read an Abbie Zanders book, so I'm excited we get a second book in a new series! "Protecting Sam" was so much fun, and "Best Laid Plans" is a great follow up. It's interesting, because while it's a standalone, you'll really understand the story better if you've read "Protecting Sam" first. The timelines are somewhat concurrent, with events from the previous book taking place in a behind-the-scenes way during "Best Laid Plans." It's an ingenious interweaving without huge ...more
Kelly Looney
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Abbie Zanders’ books and was very excited to read ‘Best Laid Plans’. I read the first in the Sanctuary series “Protecting Sam” when it was a Kindle Worlds book (since rewritten and rereleased – and I bought it to read again). I loved the idea of a series about Sanctuary in part because of the way Abbie handled the needs of many of our veterans and I had been eagerly waiting for the next book in the series. Based on the type of drama in the first book, I kept expecting somethin ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Drew (Lighthouse Security Investigations #4)
  • Shelter for Penelope (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #15)
  • SEAL at Sunrise (Silver SEALs)
  • Sweet Rose (Baytown Boys #10)
  • Gabriel (Guardian Defenders #1)
  • Vince's Vixen (Heroes for Hire #20)
  • Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team Book 3)
  • Her Ruthless Protector (Night Storm, #1)
  • SEAL JUSTICE (Brotherhood Protectors Book 13)
  • Lycos (Guardian Security Shadow World Book 3)
  • Asher (Heroes at Heart #6)
  • Walker (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #3)
  • Adoring Delaney
  • Intentional Risk (R.I.S.C. #4)
  • SEAL Hard (Silver SEALs)
  • Securing Piper (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #3)
  • Jameson's Salvation (Gemini Group #2)
  • SEAL for Hire (Silver SEALs)
Abbie Zanders is a wife and mother of three (including a set of identical twins), born and raised in the mountains and valleys of Northeastern Pennsylvania. She has a degree in Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics. Though she has spent the last 25+ years developing financial software for healthcare-based companies, she has also held second jobs as a pub waitress, a restaurant dessert baker ...more

Sanctuary (2 books)
  • Protecting Sam (Sanctuary #1)