Start by marking “Fifth Soul (The Renegade Dragons #1)” as Want to Read:
Fifth Soul (The Renegade Dragons #1)

Fifth Soul

(The Renegade Dragons #1)

One to three and three to one. How it’s always been, how it’s always done.

Lola’s always known she has three fated mates, but as an outcast, her best friend doesn’t. So when yet another mating ceremony comes around, Lola would rather skip it in favour of a gaming tournament. Little does she know what she’s going to discover...

A paranormal reverse harem set in the Twin
Audiobook
Published December 13th 2018 (first published July 25th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Fifth Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fifth Soul

Start your review of Fifth Soul (The Renegade Dragons #1)
Jessica Robbins
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle

Meet Lola an avid gamer that is gearing up for an upcoming tournament of her favorite game. As a dragon she is destined to find her three mates some day but she resists due to her BFF being different and not wanting to leave her alone. Unfortunately her opinion does not matter when it comes to fate so when she meets three guys at the tournament her life will be forever changed. We get an extra mate as
Nicole Dunton
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, the cover is gorgeous! I absolutely love it! This story was so amazing. I was instantly drawn into the world and wanted to just stay there. There are dragons and online games. Where could one go wrong? I didn't want to come out of the world quite frankly. My only critique is that it was too short! I know there are a few other books in the series, but still. I also wish the whole dragon heritage was explained in more detail. But maybe it will in the next books.

The characters were
Amanda Lee
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. Lola was fantastic and I love her men and Rachel. There was a lot of humour within this book, I laughed out loud at parts. It moved along quickly and kept me hooked with the banter and sweet romance.

I listened to the audio version. I love Susan Greenway's voice and she did a good job portraying Lola and Rachel. Her male voices weren't as strong though. Overall, I enjoyed her narration.
Courtney
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed listening to this book by Laura Greenwood and Arizona Tape! I thought Lola's antics were funny and had me giggling and Susan Greenway did a good job getting into character for the majority of the time. I think she could have improved her male voices and sometimes she got a little too whiney for me, so I couldn't give her 4 or 5 stars like I would have wanted to. I think if she continues as the narrator for Book 2 that is coming out soon in the next couple months, then she would need to ...more
Hannah G
Aug 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains some LGBT themes. When I read the first chapter of this book I thought the heroine was a fool. And, I continued thinking the heroine was a fool throughout the entire book. The whole plot revolves around a gaming tournament. This book really just centered around the heroine's best friend. I'm not sure what this was honestly. The heroine had 3 male mates but was making out with her best friend. Overall, I really disliked this. 1.5 stars.
Emily Pennington
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Lola is a fire dragon who has a mate mark and is aware that she is destined to find her 3 fated mates. Her friend Rachel is an outcast, a white dragon. Lola won’t mate when Rachel cannot! Torn between loyalty to her best friend and to the pressing need to seek her mates, she chooses to ignore that search for her mates and instead, as an avid gamer, heads to a gaming tournament for distraction. She had hidden her mating mark with a tattoo, yet it did not let her ignore the three fellow gamer guys ...more
Suzanne Hare
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lola knows that she has three mates that are fated to her. Her friend does not because she is an outcast because she was a white dragon without clear heritage. There are three different types of dragon shifters, fire, water, and earth. Lola is a fire dragon shifter and has a mark that is only one quarter of a picture waiting for her mates to complete the picture. How could she be mated when her best friend , Rachel, can not. She vows to stay single and has her mark covered with a tattoo. She ...more
Sherisa Weston
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raven
Jun 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book received a 1 star because I stopped reading it around chapter 12
The plot of this was.... okay sounding. Not ground breaking or even that different but just okay. The execution not so good.
The main character Lola seems to have a good heart at the start of the story. She feels bad that her friend Rachel won't ever find love or be able to have babies. That kind of selfless, throw myself on the blade kind of attitude that makes her sound noble is quick to vanish. Lola becomes a self
Daisy Sauceda
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this was a great book to read but I was a bit confused as to whether this was book one or two. The cover shows book 2 but on other sites it is listed as one. Other than that, this book was amazing and emotional. The story is deep and you feel connected to the main character. Lola does not want to mated due to her friend Rachel being shunned. However, this relationship quickly deepens and new feelings are finally brought out. The same time Lola also stumbles upon her three mates and is ...more
Helgaleena Healingline
Lola is a gamer who has given up on her heritage because in her heart she's always known she could never give up her BFF Rachel for a bunch of males. But when she goes to the tavern Dragon Soul for a tournament, her birth tattoo won't let her deny the three fellow gamer guys that smell absolutely delicious. While they were growing up, Rachel was too 'different' from the other fire dragons to be considered mate material. But Nature will show, this mating bond isn't going to be the usual foursome ...more
Mareike
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the way the story began - Lola competing in a gaming tournament and in the process run away from her destiny. There were some lovely surprises as the story progressed. I had to laugh several times during the drunken scene and enjoyed getting to know Lola's mates. The whole book feels sweet and soothing - a perfect combination when you just want to read something fun and take your mind off reality.
Would have loved some more steamy scenes, but over-all the book feels complete and
Jutta
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The British accent that Susan Greenway used for the the characters really tickled me and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I absolutely loved this story, from the characters to the setting to the storyline itself. The world they inhabit is intriguing, and although we didn't get too deep into it I am hooked. I love that it's set around gaming, and although this is quite a big part of the story it's not off-putting if you don't like gaming. My biggest disappointment is that it was over too quickly! It flew
Mary
May 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Writing was fine, story was fairly meh

The writing was fine, there were no typos but there was also no drama. All the way through the book there was all this build up to no one accepting their mating, but nothing came of it. They said that covering her mating mark would affect her and it never did. There were no antagonists, and little character development, all of which made the plot really dry
Darcy Smith
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was interesting and well written. The characters were beautifully developed and had great personalities. The one thing I wasn’t crazy about was that it seemed more female with female relationship than with the males. We didn’t get to learn as much about them as I would have liked. Otherwise, it was a great story and very interesting to read.

Brandy
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gamer dragons, and fated mates with a twist. It’s an interesting premise, but the book falls short. There’s some humor, and the characters are sweet, but the entire book is them meeting and easily coming together. That’s it. There’s no conflict, no obstacles to overcome, no other plot lines to add interest. If you just want an easy-to-read HEA, this might be a great fit.
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily reviewed it.
Nina Campbell
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fifth Soul by Laura Greenwood and Arizona Tape is a story about a dragoness named Lola who tries to avoid getting caught up in a multiple dragon. This story has a few unexpected twists that make it lots of fun to read. Its sweet without being sappy. After lots of compromise Lola ends up with an unusual but perfect for her happy ever after ending. This is a fun, light read that I really enjoyed. Fifth Soul is a sweet multiple dragon mate story.
Jenna
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audiobook version of this book.

Going into this shorter listen, I didnt really know what I was getting into as the universe is new to me. I thought this was a fun listen. It moved pretty quickly and Lola was pretty quirky. There is some humor in this sweet paranormal romance. I like the style and the characters were interesting (from the little we know about them), I would happily read more from this universe.

The narrator gave an excellent performance!
Brianna Belbin
This was a really good start to a new series! Lola is a fire dragon shifter and is destined to have three mates. She is fiercely loyal to her best friend Rachel and refuses to mate so she doesn’t leave her best friend alone and isolated. Once Lola meets her mates, Hector, Martin, and Todd, the undeniable chemistry between them changes everything. I really enjoyed Lola and Rachel’s personalities and how they were so different from each other. I haven’t read many dragon shifter books or gamer ...more
Victoria B
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a new to me author and this book was recommended to me so I took a chance and grabbed it up and I am pleased that I did. Now when I think of PNR and at the very least Reverse Harem I go to more of a erotic and hot, steamy read but this is not that at all. This is a fun, clean book about dragon shifters who are set to mate 1 female to 3 males except for Lola who find out she has a 4th. If you want a fun short light read this is perfect and yes I do recommend this book.
Ann Holden
This book is kinda cute. There is not a lot of character development and Lola is the only one we get to know. This is the first in a series but it ends on a happy for now so you don’t feel it necessary to buy the next one. The writing is as good as I have come to expect from these two authors.

I received a free copy of this book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review.
Amber Niebaum
This story was not my cup of tea because of the FF and the heroine was more butch in personality. The first 10 chapters were about not wanting mates and all about being with her girlfriend. Plus a whole bunch of video game details I didn't need. The narrator had a weird type of accent and I didn't care for the voices. It is probably a better fit for the YA crowd.
#AudiobookObsessionReviewer
Shakera
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
I wish this was longer than three hours! I wasn't expecting to laugh as much as I did, but there was unexpected humor. There were a few times I had to play parts back because I laughed through it. The narration was awesome, and the story left me wanting more. I didn't know what to expect, but I wasn't disappointed!

AudiobookObsession
Andrea Green
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book and just couldn't put it down, fantastically written with stunning and captivating characters, Multi layers of sub plots that are easily followed and wonderful action with romance. A must read for so many reasons. I am sure you will love these books as much as I did.
TipseyBookReviews
This is the first RH story in the Twin Souls universe. I first read this story in the Realms& Rebels anthology. I like Lola. She is is willing to fight for what she wants, and doesn’t want to have to rely on fate. She wants to make her own choices and life, even to go so far as to try to cover her mating mark. She is torn between 3 gamers and her best friend. It is a great story.
Iva Krazalkovičová
hot book. Lola swore, that she will never mate becouse her friend cant mate.
What she never imagined is that she will recived more than she bargained.
In the game tournament she not only find her three hot mates, bud she discovered, that her best friend is her mate too. What a scandal??? Or not??

Agata Jędrzejewska
This story was just so beautiful that it warmed my heart. Lolo going from refusing to have any mate to have more than any other dragon. She get not only 4 magnifique mates but also unique connection to each of them. Each of them so different, but even more lovable because of that. The world, the plot and characters are really working well together. It was lovely read.
Amber  Christiansen
This was an interesting story. I enjoyed reading about Lola and her mates. Though Lola was a bit too possessive for my tastes and I felt like the romances could use more development.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review, but my opinions are my own..
Jennine McWilliams
SINGLE: TO BE? OR NOT TO BE?

Overall an enjoyable story with denial, loyalty and advoidance on this journey to matehood. Rachel was especially a beautiful soul and Todd had me laughing in one scene that l can't mention for spoilers. Enjoyed this story. I also have an audible copy. Recommended.
Christina Luberts
Aug 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sorry I could not really get into the story, maybe the next book will be better. This is about Lola who is a gamer and who does not want to see her mates.

« previous 1 3 next »
The Paranormal Co...: Spoiler Thread: Fifth Soul 5 4 Aug 28, 2019 05:52AM
The Paranormal Co...: Completed Series: Renegade Dragons 4 3 Aug 07, 2019 03:17AM

• Hell's Calling (Infernal Descent #1)
  • Six Branches (The Agora Series, Book 1)
  • Nightworld Academy: Term Two
  • Nightworld Academy: Term One
  • First Howling (The Lycan Academy #1)
  • Valkyrie 101: How to become a Valkyrie (The Afterlife Academy: Valkyrie, #1)
  • The Bloodwood Academy Shifter: Semester One (The Bloodwood Academy #1)
  • Second Growl (The Lycan Academy #2)
  • Daughter of Death (Dark Provenance)
  • Different (Shifter Academy, #1)
  • Discoveries (Chimera Project #1)
  • Magic and Mayhem: A Paranormal And Fantasy Academy Collection
  • On the Edge of Forever (Fangers, Furries, & Fruit Flies #1)
  • Dragon Royalty (Dragon Shifter Academy, #1)
  • Fire Possessed (Twin Rivers Possession, #1)
  • Feline The Heat (The Firehouse Feline, #1)
  • Surviving Year One (Grim Reaper Academy #1)
  • Savage Possessed (Twin Rivers Possession, #2)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and contemporary romance. When she's not writing, she can be found drinking ridiculous amounts of tea, trying to resist French Macaroons, and watching the Pitch Perfect trilogy for the hundredth time (at least!)

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwood.co.uk

Join her Goodreads Group:

The Renegade Dragons (3 books)
  • Fifth Round (The Renegade Dragons #2)
  • Fifth Flame (The Renegade Dragons #3)