Start by marking “Horatio” as Want to Read:
Horatio

Horatio

On October 15, 1979, two men take to the road, leaving their town behind, waiting for the peanut farmer president to come onto the radio to make an important announcement about the future of all mankind. In the hours leading up to the broadcast, Jamie and Harry will look back on their relationship, and what it means to live in defiance like there's no tomorrow.

Horatio, a
ebook
Published December 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Horatio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horatio

Start your review of Horatio
T.J.
Sep 21, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE at:

Horatio, a free short story from the mind of Tj Klune, coming December
☆ Todd
Shelves: mine

Meeting, falling in love, fear, moments of despair, and hope. All the hope left in the entire world.

This short story had all of that and more.
“I didn’t need anyone to complete me, but then I didn’t know I was missing anything to begin with. I was, though. I was missing you. It’s big. This. You and me. It’s bigger than the world. I thought I always had a philosophical understanding of the way things were supposed to be. You upended that. You changed everything for me.”
The story didn't have a
Nazanin
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m
3.5 What Operation Hope!! Stars

Told in single POV, 1st person, it’s a standalone novella. It was very short; you can read it in under an hour. It was beautifully written but it was sad! The ending wasn’t clear but you could guess how it’s gonna end. I wish the operation hope was real! Hope you enjoy it!
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Shelves: m-m, short
Beautifully written. Mysterious. Wanted more.

"You were this…light. Beautiful. Mysterious. Devastating. I was entranced by you. The way you moved. I’d never seen anyone like you before. And I remember thinking, who are you? How did you come to be here? Where have you been before now? I didn’t need anyone to complete me, but then I didn’t know I was missing anything to begin with. I was, though. I was missing you. It’s big. This. You and me. It’s bigger than the world. I thought I always had a
Mwanamali

Very beautiful and almost poignant short.

It was lovely. It was sad. It kept doing this a lot. Maybe not doing it enough. It gets tiring after a while. But reinvigorating all the same.

Available as a freebie on the author's site: http://www.tjklunebooks.com/new-blog/...
Lisazj1
”There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

There are more things in Heaven and Earth than we could possibly know, but I know the endless universe that is Jamie. And he knows me. It’s all I need. - Harry

All of TJ’s stories are a gift, and this one is the same. How he can break the heart and fill it up at the same time never stops knocking me flat.
Alisa
I don't even know what to say about some of TJ's stuff. This is one of those. It's a story you need to experience. It was lovely, melancholy, poignant and really beautiful.

it's also free on his website
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
TJ knows how to make you laugh as well as cry.

He did both here. A beautiful short story.

Javi reads and reads and reads
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, read-2020
No one writes love like TJ Klune. I can hardly believe I live and get to read his stories.
Rowan
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Maybe it was fate, maybe it was destiny, or maybe it was nothing at all and we’re just two people in the middle of cosmic nonsense clinging to each other because we can.”

Even with a short story, TJ captures my heart with his words and his characters once again. I loved Harry and Jamie and I loved their journey, as brief as it was. This little story packs a punch as much as anything else written by TJ. I love him and his obsession with Oregon and the phrase “Not yet,” and I loved the lesson to
Adzkia Ra'ida  Salma
3.5

"I’d never been anyone’s anything before, much less a muse. I was a speck of sand on an infinite beach, waiting for the tide to come in and wash me away. And here he was, the ocean, the waves, and I drowned in him.

It's sad, it's cute, it's devastating. It's just simply beautiful.
Rebecca Crunden
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
“What happened to free will?”

He snorted inelegantly. “Who knows? It’s one of the great secrets of the universe. Maybe it was fate, maybe it was destiny, or maybe it was nothing at all and we’re just two people in the middle of cosmic nonsense clinging to each other because we can.” He waved his hand dismissively, almost hitting me in the face. “It doesn’t matter. Here you are. Here I am. And there’s no other place I’d rather be. You intrigue me.”

“You don’t know me.”

“I will.”

This was so quietly
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
Actual Rating: 3.5/5

Beautifully written but there wasn't much to it really.
Melissa
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-story, 2019, free
Wow, that was different. And it doesn't have a clear ending. And I liked it! I can guess how the story continues and it's sad. They had a great romance! ...more
Julieta Belmonte
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
He shrugs, squeezing my hand again and again like the beat of a heart. “You were this…light. Beautiful. Mysterious. Devastating. I was entranced by you. The way you moved. I’d never seen anyone like you before. And I remember thinking, who are you? How did you come to be here? Where have you been before now? I didn’t need anyone to complete me, but then I didn’t know I was missing anything to begin with. I was, though. I was missing you. It’s big. This. You and me. It’s bigger than the world. I ...more
Kristie
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't know how he does this. How can TJ write a short story with this much feeling, so much hope, and so much heart? I read it on Friday, then I read it again, and again, and then again today. It's beautiful and not what I thought it would be. I really don't even know what I thought it would be, just not this. And that's dumb of me because I know better.

I had tears, and my heart was filled with the love that Henry and Jamie have. It made me think about my own relationship. And it made me feel
Lisa
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had a little cry and a goofy smile. I love love and I adore TJ.
Xx
Jenny Tran-Le
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘‘But I think it all comes down to this: in the end, we found each other. Through all the chaos, through all the bluster and noise, we found each other. In this little corner of the world, we cling together because we choose to, fate or destiny or happenstance be damned.’’

Absolutely beautiful.
Lois
Short, but BOOM!
Elizabeth
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This could be a full length novel for sure. Beautifully written and inspirational.
Bev
Thank you TJ. ...more
Mithzel
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgtbq
"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than we could possibly know, but I know the endless universe that is Jamie. And he knows me. It’s all I need.

Let the fire come, if it does.

It won’t matter.

We’re already burning."

I feel like Klune took all that homophobic bullshit that has been spewed about the queer community, every single thing and has made it into this ultra romantic, end-of-the world thing because we've been told all our lives. We were meant to burn in the fires of hell, but
Victoria Loves Books
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you TJ for this beautiful little love story. One of the things I love about TJ's writing is how quickly I fall in love with his characters and feel what they're feeling deep down in my soul. It gets me every time.
Terri Jones
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"...I didn’t know I was missing anything to begin with. I was, though. I was missing you."

This is fantastic. It's short and beautifully structured and moving and I grinned at the end.
Margot
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best and most beautiful love stories I have ever read.
Mia Sciberras
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect short story if you ask me. The way this story is told is both masterful and powerful and you'll be left wondering what happens next yet also be satisfied with where it ends.

Available for free on TJ's blog.
Anniek
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Beautifully, beautifully written. I want to keep quoting lines from this, it's so good. Unfortunately, I didn't really connect to the characters though. I especially didn't really like the love interest.

Rep: gay black main character, gay love interest

CWs: sex, alcohol, weed, racism
CrabbyPatty
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, mm-ficlet
A beautifully crafted short story about two men awaiting a momentous announcement and reflecting upon how they found each other and coming to realize

Visit my blog, Sinfully Good Gay Book Reviews
Toni
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
TJ can write. I'm always amazed when reading well written short stories just how much the author can make you feel and care about characters so quickly. This was beautiful.
Kristel
Shelves: lgbtqia, ebook
I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this. This!! This was better. This!!!! This surprised me. I loved this.

• The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Rago
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • A Villain for Christmas
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • Tallowwood
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Twice Shy (New Milton #3)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Daddy's Forbidden Room
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Off Duty (Hazard and Somerset)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
When TJ Klune was eight, he picked up a pen and paper and began to write his first story (which turned out to be his own sweeping epic version of the video game Super Metroid—he didn’t think the game ended very well and wanted to offer his own take on it. He never heard back from the video game company, much to his chagrin). Now, over two decades later, the cast of characters in his head have only ...more
“I was a speck of sand on an infinite beach, waiting for the tide to come in and wash me away. And here he was, the ocean, the waves, and I drowned in him.” 0 likes