Start by marking “Caught in the Quiet” as Want to Read:
Caught in the Quiet

Caught in the Quiet

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  144 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
81 pages

To ask other readers questions about Caught in the Quiet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught in the Quiet

Amanda
Apr 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I think you can find something that fits any situation in this collection. He is talking about everything & nothing, love & loss, he also says who cares if you are gay, straight, or bisexual just as long as you're happy.
Rachael Colling
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
poetry.
Lori
Aug 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
As with all his other collection:
Drenched in love and longing and heartbreak.
Just stunning.
atla
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it
"in love or out of love we are suspended as
in a limbo created by the presence of
or the lack of someone else."
j e s s a
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Mr. McKuen writes with a burning passion. Evident with this poetry collection is his artistry with words and how he can convert emotions into text. Also, this got all the elements needed to become an RnB album. Haha!
Britney Mann
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a "poetry person" and picked this off my bookshelf because one of the categories this month for a book challenge I'm participating in was poetry. It is my husband's book, but he said he hasn't read it. It was amazing how easy it was to connect to. Each poem was full of emotion, love, longing. It was incredible how you could tell exactly what McKuen meant or was talking about without even being able to put it in words yourself. Definitely one to savor and enjoy again and again!
Bob Conner
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Awesome! If you like Rod McKuen's like I do, this is, in my opinion, his best; work you can read, reread, and reread again and never fail to walk away calm, collected and pensive. Keep this in your pocket and wear the pocket out.
Hope
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My opinion of Rod McKuen's work may well be laced with nostalgia. I started reading him in high school, introduced my a dear friend. Our shared fondness, and the sheer intensity of being a teenager made his poems blaze across our hearts.

Nonetheless, his poetry still kindles fires in my heart :)
Taylor
Jan 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Another collection of unusual poems that are without a doubt from the heart of the author.
Adrian
Nov 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
Not a bad poetry collection, but you can't really tell what he's talking about at any given point...is he gay? straight? confused? I dunno, and frankly, am post the point of caring.
Notdorothy
Aug 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caught In the Quiet by Rod McKuen (1970)
Carol
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a favorite book of mine...!!
Justine
Nov 24, 2015
Dani
Apr 11, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Rod McKuen (born April 29, 1933) was a bestselling American poet, composer, and singer, instrumental in the revitalization of popular poetry that took place in the 1960s and early 1970s.

Born Rodney Marvin McKuen in Oakland, California, McKuen ran away from home at the age of eleven to escape an alcoholic stepfather and to send what money he could to his mother. After a series of jobs, from logger,
More about Rod McKuen...