Start by marking “Rocket Science” as Want to Read:
Rocket Science

Rocket Science

Relationships aren’t rocket science. If they were, I might stand a chance of figuring one out.

Elijah
Saying I've had a crush on my best friend's older brother, Pax, most of my life is like saying the big bang was just an explosion. It's true, but I'm not sure that quite captures the essence of its true enormity.

I know he's only hanging out with me because I'm new i
Published September 27th 2019

Start your review of Rocket Science
☆ Todd

A slightly dissenting opinion here, but while I enjoyed the story, I never got that feeling of, "OMG, these two absolutely *must* be together or the world is going to end", which is one of the things that I most adore when reading romances.

Nerdy, 22 y.o. Elijah had been obsessed with his best friend's older brother since the first moment he felt a tingling "down there", which only intensified the moment that he met up with Pax again in LA, where Elijah was attending graduate school.

Driven, 30 y.o. Pax fondly remem"down"OMG,
Nazanin
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2019
3.5-3.75 Nerdlet Stars

Elijah was a socially awkward and a nerd. He was good at seeing a problem and find a solution. People didn’t make sense to him the way physics and numbers did.

Pax was Elijah’s best friend’s brother. He didn’t do relationships; he was a slut. But when his brother asked him to hang out with Elijah and do something to take him out of his apartment and introduce to some people something changed in him…

Told in dual POV, 1st person, it’s a standalone n
Jan
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
**** 3.75 Stars ****

A very enjoyable, hot and angst-free story.
Ele
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a nice surprise! I have read some books by this author and they 've been hit or miss (mostly miss) but this one really hit the mark.

Lots of favorite tropes were done almost to perfection here, like...
-Best friend's older brother.
-Awkward nerd (glasses and all) vs big, outgoing jock.
-Virgin who wants to experiment and explore all kinds of things.
-F@ck buddies until feelings get in the way.

There is A LOT of sex in this book (smoking hot btw) and at some p/>-Best
Cadiva
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was a surprise and in a totally great way.

I think I'd been expecting more pining or a bit more angsting but it was just a completely sweet and satisfyingly spicy romance.

Best friend's older brother is one of my fave tropes, throw in a nerdy but surprisingly needy virgin who gets quite filthy in all the best ways and an older guy who falls hard, and you get this excellent book.

The Epilogue is just brilliant.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an hones
Susan
This was such a cute read! I was in the mood for a fluffy book and this falling in love with the brother's best friend story was just adorable.

Pax is a bit of a manwhore. He travels a lot and loves to have a different man in his bed every night. When he gets a text from his brother asking him to check on his brother’s best friend who just moved there, Pax isn’t sure he wants to do it. He remembers Elijah as this awkward nerdy kid. But of course he can’t say no to his brother, so he s
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

This one really worked for me. It had lots of things that I loved.

Best friend's older brother theme
Exploratory sex (very hot)
Nerdy MC
Likable secondary characters
Low angst

I really hope this becomes a series or we at least get some books on some of the side characters. Hudson and Bishop? Theo?
Ariana
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
*4,25 stars*

Freaking adorable.
That’s what I’d call this.
One of the best books in the ‘light and fluffy’ category for me this year.

“Nerdlet” and virgin Elijah, a guy with a genius brain, a huge intellect and tons of social awkwardness has had a crush on his best friend’s brother since he’s been a teen. And now eight-year older Pax has been given the task to ‘socialise him’ in his new environment. Which turns into an experiment of showing Elijah 'the ropes’ in all departments.

They
Snjez
Oct 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

I absolutely adored this. My sophomore reading from this author went even better than the first one.

I adored Elijah and Pax's chemistry, I adored their scenes together, and their sex scenes were scorching.

I love the "best friend's brother" or "brother's best friend" trope, it's always so fun, and this didn't disappoint. Pax is Elijah's best friend's older brother, and Elijah has been crushing on him for about 10 years, although he hasn't seen him in years and years, see
Rachel Emily
I LOVED THIS!

This might be my favorite story from this author! It just ticked all of my boxes - nerdy, awkward character, first times, best friend's older brother, sweet moments, genuinely funny moments, the whole "let's do casual - oops, we caught feels!" type of story. I just LOVED this.

Elijah is super smart, but not the best at flirting or relationships - and he's never had one, although he's had a seriously crush on his best friend's older brother, Paxton. Theo, who is Elijah's
.Lili.
I really enjoyed this one.

-Best friend's brother
-Opposites attract
-Age gap-ish (8 years)
-Hot chemistry
-No strings sex
-Feels
-Low drama
-Sweet HEA

KM Neuhold is a new to me author whose backlist I'll be checking into, and I hope we'll see this turn into a series.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
My life has been insane, out of control and seriously crazy the past few weeks or more and unfortunately, reviewing this book took a hit. I finished this almost a week ago but never wrote even a note about my thoughts. Aside from remembering that I enjoyed it, it was cute and seriously hot, I don’t have much of a review in me. I think the bestie/brother kind of getting thrown at us toward the end bothered me a bit but the rest I think was a ton of fun and my kind of story. I’m pretty much always ...more
Zuzu
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
42% - A bit frustrating. Pax is hot and cold and it's making me angry. Plus am I the only one that doesn't feel the chemistry between these 2?

I got a bit over 1/2 way and then skipped to the final 3 chapters. I think I saved myself a lot of back-and-forth which would have aggravated me.
----------
I did just read the short story "Bishop and the Bartender" and found out the next book is MMMM. Very Interesting!
Elsbeth
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 stars*
Donna
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
Kathryn Manzella
Rocket Science by K.M. Neuhold is a stand-alone MM romance and is an amazing read. You have to love the adorable and virginal nerd making the sexy playboy type fall hard for him. Plus it's a best friend's older brother story!

Pax and Elijah are fantastic characters who had me laughing, awww-ing and my kindle heating up. The supporting characters are interesting and fun, too. This story was funny, sweet at times, sexy and altogether fun! Loved it!
Sanaa
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars.

Super cute read! Review to follow soon.
Addicted2M/M
4.5
Pax guiding Elijah through his sexual experiments...loaded with dirty talk? Ungh.
I need more. Alex's story??? Bishop/Hudson??? Theo???
All of the above. Please.
Natosha Wilson
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved his book. It is one of those books where you are drawnto the main characters and you are so hoping they figure their crap out and end up together. Opposite attract, that is what this book is. Not to mention it is the book where one of the main characters is in love with his best friends brother. So yes I was hoping these two men would end up together in the end!! This is one of Boss books that is such an incredible read that you just do not want it to end. I really hope that some of ...more
Joyfully Jay
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Oh, this book called to me right from that gorgeous cover, straight through geeky hero, and on into best friend’s brother. Basically, total catnip. And I am thrilled to say I absolutely adored this story. It is sexy and romantic and a lot of fun.

One of the things I love about a geeky hero trope is that mix of intelligence and social naiveté and that is Elijah completely. He is incredibly smart and capable academically, but very uncertain when it come
Leslie
⭐ ⭐⭐⭐.5/5 Stars
🔥🔥🔥🔥/5 Call the Fire Department Heat Scale

One of my favorite romance tropes, if done well, is the best friend’s older brother. This was absolutely done well.

Rocket Science brings us Elijah and Pax. Pax is the older brother of Elijah’s best friend Theo. (Who will be getting a story of his own from what I hear. Along with some other secondary characters. You’ll know when you meet them. 2020 can’t come soon enough.)

Elijah has moved across the country for Grad Scho
✔ Friends with benefits
✔Nerd Vs Jock
✔Virgin MC
✔Dual POV
This book has some delicious tropes that were just perfect. Lots of hot sex and amazing chemistry, this book is such a winner. I love Elijah so much, he's fucking adorable.

“There’s this idea in string theory that there are infinite parallel universes with infinite possibilities,” he says, settling closer to me, his
Tia
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story of Elijah, an adorable brainiac, who falls hard for his best friend’s older brother Jax (who he’s crushed on since adolescence). Both MCs had sizzling chemistry and there were some red-hot scenes where the virginal Elijah explores his sexual firsts with Jax.

There wasn’t a whole lot that was unique about this book, and it’s not a story that’ll likely stick with me for more than a day, but it was a well-written and fun read.

I will admit that part of me
Vanna
3.5 stars!! 💕Enjoyed it! 😁👍 The story was sweet, wildly-hot, romantic with no angst😍.. Nice break from all the angsty-action stories I have been reading lately. From the premise it seemed like a generic smart-nerd-falls-for-beefy-popular-older-guy type of story; but it was far from mundane and actually quite enjoyable despite the lack of angst.
Told from the POVs of the two MCs Elijah (22 yrs old, PhD scholar at CalTech.. the resident "Rocket Scientist"🤓) and Pax ("Hot" older brother of Elijah's
Loves
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, romance
I wasn't overly impressed with this take on "beauty and the geek" sub genre. While the sex scenes were numerous (too many and too similar, in fact, to the point of boredom), the romance was off from the start. Hell, it began as a teenage crush mistaken for something more meaningful. Most of the book the MCs were fuck-buddies and trying to reassure each other they were better off this way. There was no gradual increase in the level of their interpersonal intimacy (not sex); they hid their feeling ...more
Jessica
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was absolutely a fun read! Great one liners and snark. I just enjoyed this book so much. Not to say it was missing the usual emotional tug that come with a Kyleen book. Pax and Elijah just have so much chemistry that I did want to smack one or both a couple of times. But they each had to figure out what and who they wanted and yes sometimes I wanted scream at them to get it together the story really doesn't yank you around an awful lot. I am excited what else this series will bring and more ...more
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
3.5
A good and easy read, pretty fluffy with decent characters. In the beginning I was not a Pax fan he seems pretty immature and shallow, but he definitely grew on me, Elijah was just a sweetie. I will be interested in reading Hudson and Bishops book,’there seems like a lot of tension. So far Bishop seems to good for Hudson, let’s hope he pulls it out the bag!
Shannon
I think this may be one of the sweetest books I've read in a long time. Elijah and Pax were so clueless but in completely different ways. I loved their exploration (sexy times), their wonderful dates, Elijah's nerdiness and Pax's confusion. Beautiful. Just a great way to spend any extra time you may have.
bridgetann
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seriously fantastic...

I'm a huge fan of this author. I loved everything about this book. It was the perfect combination of heat and sweet. The sex between Pax and Elijah was HOT!!!! I really enjoyed the way the story unfolded between them. It's definitely one I'll read over and over!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
K.M.Neuhold has long since been a romance junkie. When she’s not writing she’s reading or spending time snuggling with her husky or her husband. She fell in love with M/M romance last year and hasn’t been able to turn back. There’s nothing she loves more than love in all its forms.
“Embrace the embarrassment,” he advises. “It’s never killed anyone.” 2 likes