Start by marking “The Chameleon with a Sword” as Want to Read:
The Chameleon with a Sword

The Chameleon with a Sword

Duro.

Protectors of the Day. Life. Loyalists.

A word that slices fear through sixteen-year-old Leena Niran the way her sword does enemies. A people who decided her destiny, but don’t even know she exists.

Nox.

Protectors of the Night. Death. Traitors.

A word once signifying respect and honor in Prince Mordecai’s homeland. A people synonymous with betrayal because of him.

The
Published October 1st 2019 by TitanFolio

To ask other readers questions about The Chameleon with a Sword, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chameleon with a Sword

Start your review of The Chameleon with a Sword
Tana △⃒⃘ ⚯͛ Cozyreadings
09/01/2020

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a review copy in exchange for an honest review

As darkness needs light, so night needs day: for Nox and Duro, two halves of coin same

I'm a bit sad about this. The beginning was superhard: the world was confusing, the "magic" of the world (I know it's not a good name for it) didn't make sense to me, and to be fair Leena was very annoying. After I got through that confusing stage of the world being built, I was actually really liking this.
Marta Cox
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Three and a half
This YA fantasy has a lot to recommend it and it was an enthralling idea that sometimes had a little too much going on. I really liked that we got not just the protagonist Leenas point of view but also that of the villain Mordecai as it allowed the reader to understand their motives.
Leena has had an awful life and has been lied to, betrayed and used as a host for a power that's celestial in origin. She's used to protecting herself but when someone tries to run her off the road
Stefanie
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Received an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am torn how I feel about this book. I really enjoyed the writing but I did not like the magic abilities and I thought there was a lot going on, to the point it was slightly confusing. I am not as much of a fan of the sci-fi/urban fantasy mix. I am sure some people will love that mixture but it just wasn't for me.

3.5 Stars
Jessica  (Ihaveseenthedragons)
I received a digital copy of this novel via Netgalley. This does not influence my opinion of this book in any way.

I have been thinking so long about how to review this book. There are a lot of things that I love but also some things that made me struggle to get through this book.

Plot
The Chameleon With a Sword follows a teenage girl named Leena, who spends her days gathering money in illegal underground fencing matches. When her mother decides she wants to move to a new place, they get
CR
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This fantasy/science fiction mix of a story was one that I am kind of torn about liking and not liking. I think this is just one of those titles that you either love it or you don't. I liked the story but a lot of it ended up being very confusing and others blew me away. The dual POV worked well and I loved having the well rounded story. I think overall that this one just needed a little more work. At least for this reader.

Go Into This One Knowing: Dual POV
Alexa Abee
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
You can check out this review and my other reviews at Writing the Universe

Title: The Chameleon with a Sword
Author: B.L. Logan
Pub. Date: October 1, 2019
Rating: IDK

This will be a spoiler free review. Quick shout out to Netgalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is either a 2-star read or a 4-star read. I’m super conflicted about this book. It was long, dense and the ending kind of pissed me off. With that being said, I couldn’t put it down, and there were a couple of
Belle
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
(Rant to begin, ending on a high note)

I'm so sad. I'll just jump right in and say, this book left me so disappointed. Don't get me wrong, there were so so many things that I loved about this book and for a long while I honestly thought it was going to be 5 stars, til the end. This is a very long book and I feel like I invested so much time and energy into these characters and this world, I truly cared about them and what was going to happen. It was such a long, emotional, bouncy, sometimes
Kateyd
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Chameleon With a Sword begins with its hero, a teenage girl, in danger of losing a match (and possibly her life) to a hulking opponent in an underground sword-fighting arena. Leena Niran fights her way to victory, and for the rest of the book we see Leena use her fighting spirit to navigate a dangerous new life. Finding herself in the custody of a stranger, Leena must decide who, if anyone, she can trust.

I loved getting to know Leena and Prince Mordecai as individuals in their separate
Laurin
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
So, I liked this book, but I can’t say that I loved it. The main reason I am not super excited about it is that I felt it could have been condensed or even split up into a duology. It took me forever to get through this story, mainly because I found myself getting lost in obscure things that in the end were really not all that important and missing bits that could have helped me make sense of the story.
The author built an incredible world, but that world-building was also confusing at times. It
Wendy
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy from TitanFolio through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Leena Niran just wants to earn money by fencing so that she can eat. With her mother addicted to any substance that comes her way, Leena can't wait to turn seventeen so she can strike out on her own. However, when her mother disappears after a car crash, Leena isn't sure what to make of the man who shows up and offers her a stable place to stay.

Prince Mordecai is living in the moral realm after he was
Jessica | Booked J
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
(3.5 stars) Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Review can be found here at Booked J.

As always, a copy of this book was provided by the publisher or author in exchange for my honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way.

This book was proper good. I'm not sure why I had issues getting into it because at about a quarter of the way through I went from being indifferent to thoroughly captivated by The Chameleon with a Sword. Something about the beginning just didn't connect with me, but,
Leonora Desar
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Chameleon with a Sword combines everything I love in writing:

1. Fantasy, fabulism and a kick-ass heroine, one who’s also vulnerable, who we root for. Which leads me to #2….

2. Romance. Leena and her fencing teacher Aidan remind me of a modern-day—or a fantastical—Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet. They fight, they fence, they bicker in awesome outfits. Logan does a great job building tension. Every time you think they’re going to get together something external—or internal—pulls them apart. We
Ella Marckus
This novel is splendidly written in the badass heroine category, a more introverted heroine than I typically find in fantasy books. The way the main character had to reinvent herself to survive and feel safe going through life alone, where she's unable to trust anyone but herself.

This book deals with the story of Leena Niran, a heroine with an attitude as well as a sword, who has spent her youth at risk that can cost her life.

She has been hurt and abandoned. She is passionate and willing to do
C. Erani Kole
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*voluntarily and honestly reviewed the ARC I received from NetGalley*

God, I loved this book. I can't remember the last time I read anything that actually resembled a true and honest novel. I love reading the fast-paced books that have good beginning, middle and ends, but this one gave me a mini series and a dozen other reasons to come back.

The writing is as gorgeous as the cover, the characters played off well on each other, and I liked the duo POVs. Like the two opposing forces, they gave you a
Miss Jenny
Dec 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately this was a DNF for me.

I really struggled to connect with the storyline and the characters. The guest chapter starts with the MC fighting for her life but I’ve no idea why I should care.

I felt there was just so much going on but it just didn’t hold my attention at all.

It does have a great cover though.
Hira Chaudhary
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

This was a bit of an average read to me, not terrible but not amazing? I liked the dual POV and getting to see things from both Leena and Mordecai's perspectives and how things came together in the end. There were a lot of interesting side characters in both characters' lives, but at times it felt like there was too much going on and too many moving parts. Overall, this was a good story with interesting
Toughnurse
Dec 21, 2019
TitanFolio LLC
Sep 30, 2019
B.L. Logan
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lyubomira Nikolova
Oct 07, 2019
Morgaine
Oct 09, 2019

• How to Speak Boy
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • The Weaver (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • Shameless (Sinful Surrender Quartet Book 4)
  • Scandalous (Sinful Surrender Quartet Book 3)
  • Whatever It Takes (Bad Reputation Duet, #1)
  • Sinful (Sinful Surrender Quartet, #1)
  • Sensuous (Sinful Surrender Quartet Book 2)
  • Someone To Kiss My Scars
  • Miss You Love You Hate You Bye
  • Gone by Nightfall
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Jane Anonymous
  • She's With Me
  • Saving Savannah
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
B.L. Logan earned an M.S. with Honors from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, a Master en Journalisme from Sciences Po, a B.A. in Global Studies from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and studied at the University of Cambridge, King's College.

In addition to reporting for Mechanical Engineering Magazine, she served as a teaching assistant in international science writing