Start by marking “Didn't Stay in Vegas” as Want to Read:
Didn't Stay in Vegas

Didn't Stay in Vegas

Sometimes what happens in Vegas doesn't stay there.

Callyn Stott wakes up from a night-out at her friend Lara's Bachelorette party in Vegas with a hangover… and a wife. She's not really sure how she and her best friend Emma got hitched, only that they did and it's completely and totally legal. Callyn is used to getting in and out of scrapes, but this one takes the cake.
Published September 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Didn't Stay in Vegas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Didn't Stay in Vegas

Start your review of Didn't Stay in Vegas
Alexis
Had high hopes for this one.

Why? Because getting black out drunk and married in Vegas to a woman sounds like something I would have done a decade ago. Actually something like that did happen. I got black out drunk, had my first time with a woman and could only remember flashes of what happened the next day. Oh the joys of my mid 20's.

So, first off in order to enjoy this story you need to take it with a grain.. make that a bucket of salt because it's one convenient plot device after another. Why
hubsie
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I probably would have given a 5 star if I was 18 and just coming out and a partier and lover of Vegas and lover of dogs and 1/6th of a cornucopia of gay lady best friends who only hang out with each other. I am none of those things, so jaded me found the story rather cliched and somewhat immature, making it hard to connect with. But for a light and fun one? Sure! You want a quickie for the beach or a short plane ride that doesn't have much drama ? Go for it.

MC Callyn wakes up after a black out
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
This is a single PoV with an interesting (lesbian) twist on the unintentional wedding trope mixed with a friends to lovers. I got about a third through before I lost interest. It's possible that Callyn isn't a manic-pixie-dream girl, but so far, there's no contraindicating evidence. And it increasingly looks like her friend Emma engineered the marriage and is all-in from the start. So the book exists because both are clueless uncommunicators and the entire relationship could be wrapped up in a ...more
Natasha
Every time Chelsea drops a new f/f book my life gets 100% better
jordane
we like a cute friends to lovers romance
susana ♡
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i think there's no way i can not give chelsea's books 5 starts <3 her books make me feel so happy and warm inside uwu
Lisa R. Smith
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It made me smile so it gets 5 stars!

A feel good love story with good characters, good sex, and a puppy - all my favorite things! Best friends grow up together, go to different colleges then come back together without missing a beat. On a girlfriend’s Bachelorette weekend in Los Vegas the two friends get blind drunk and find themselves married in the morning. One can’t understand how that happened, while the other is kind of quiet on the subject. Will true love win? Read it and find out!
Claire (Book Blog Bird)
Jan 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
This was so bad. Callyn was horrible and spent the entire book either being so self-unaware I wanted to hit her, or stringing Emma along so badly I wanted to shake her. Her narrative made her sound like a spoilt, annoying twelve-year-old. Callyn and Emma were completely one-dimensional. The entire book is tell-don’t-show and is just bad, bad writing. There is no plot whatsoever. There’s no tension or interest. The dialogue is clunky.

In case it’s not obvious, I did not enjoy this book.
Rose
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am but a simple gay woman. I see an oops-we-got-married-while-we-were-drunk-and-now-we-have-to-confess-we’ve-secretly-loves-each-other-forever les bean novel and I read that wonderful les bean novel and I fall in love with the characters.

What I’m saying is I love this book and I love Chelsea M. Cameron and there’s a good chance I would die for Emma and Callyn
Keisha Ming
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Clichéd story line with potential but fell flat

First off it felt like the story line barely progressed, yes we got to a satisfactory end but even then the realization was anticlimactic. Callyn is still self depreciating it felt like she was more reliable on Emma even though it was obvious she loves her but it didn't feel like she understood even in the end it felt more dependable than head over heels love it just felt off from her part. The book needed something more for me and also needs
Helen
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, 2019, arcs
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review – thank you so much to Chelsea for sending this to me!

God bless Chelsea M. Cameron. That’s all I can possibly say, because their books are just so pure. Every time I pick up one of Chelsea’s books, I know what I’m getting – a light, fun, trope-filled read that always leaves me feeling awesome – and Didn’t Stay In Vegas delivers on all fronts.
The book follows Emma and Callyn, two best friends who wake up the morning
sophia ☾
Dec 08, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
dnf @ 30%

after a couple of days of struggling with the writing in this, i thought i would get used to it, but actually it just got more and more difficult to read.

i'm totally here for a convenient plotline or tropes with wlw stories, we deserve tropes too! but this main character was beyond frustrating to read about. she read like a 12 year old, not an adult, and her narration read like a dry diary entry, which also resulted in me not being able to feel any of what she was telling me.

i skimmed
S
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
so ..I know I have a bunch but, Chelsea M. Cameron is another go to writer for me..and AGAIN I was soo looking forward to this book. In short it was a bit of a letdown as it was not up to her usual standard and somewhat even seemed padded ..likem the puppy was worth a shitload of pages..ya cute dog but..anyway it was still better than some I have read of late and STILL she will be a goto for me...but a soft 3 stars
Jessica Roberson
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute but short

Loved the story. I wish it was longer, but it was a nice quick escape. My only criticism is that there were many times the back and forth dialogue was confusing because one characters quote was always paired with the other characters action. Overall, I highly recommend reading this book.
Levi P Tompkins
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast and sweet.

I couldnt stop reading this. Its a super light and fluffy romance, but sometimes thats exactly what I need, and it captured that Millenial burnt out before you are thirty vibe without being pessimistic about life.

If you want sweet leads and just a happy jaunt about friends in love, this is a great read.
Michele Howell
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

What happens when best friends since childhood attend a friends bachelorette party in Vegas?
The woman can't believe this happened or could one of them have planned it?
Do they divorce or do they find they both have really always loved each other a bit more than their low between them as best friends?
Buy the book and take the journey. I bet you can't put it down .
CassTrusty
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story

It was sweet, but I wish there was more. I feel like there could have been so much more at the end. It would also be great to see their relationship years from now, going by what was said at the end and what was being considered. I WANT MORE.
Kathryn
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: the Young Adult lesfic crowd
I couldn't connect with either main character especially Callyn. She felt very immature. I would probably have loved this story when I was 16. I actually wish stories like this were around when I was 16. It was cute but not for me.
Lyle
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Wonderfully Fun Read

Chelsea M. Cameron did an outstanding job in bringing two very different people together in this accidental marriage story.

The characters were very personable and stood out in their own unique ways.
Jennifer Reaves
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute but frustrating! Ugh! I spent most of the book yelling at the characters to pull their heads out of their butts and admit their feelings! All in a all a super cute book that was a fun read. I'll be checking out other books by Chelsea Cameron in the future.
Krista
Cute, fluffy, sweet, basically no angst: as advertised.
Diana Bell
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book

Callyn you useless lesbian, why can't you just see how much in love with you Emma is, it's obvious to everyone else.
Bitterblue
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ff
"[...] there was nothing we could do to put Pandora back in her box." <- WHAT
Mia
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
"You're everything to me, always have been."

Sweet best friends to lovers.
Tara
Dec 28, 2019 added it
review to come
Alison
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is truly stream of consciousness first person narration.
Doug Elliott
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute best-friends-from-forever and got-drunk-and-married-in-Vegas romance. Minimal amount of angst and a number of cute scenes. Secondary characters were a little thin. Overall a decent read.
Sydney
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was dumb but in a fun way. It was full of cliches and poor writing but it was a silly romance that was still enjoyable.
Rainbow Nerd
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love basically anything that Chelsea M. Cameron writes and this is just another in the list.
The friends-to-lovers theme is always a favorite of mine. I feel in love with one of the main characters Emma, she is just so lovable and cute.

And there's a puppy what more could you want!
naju
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
*2.5 stars*
it's cute but a little boring?

• The Roommate Arrangement
  • One Walk in Winter
  • Temptation
  • The Wrong McElroy
  • Lost and Found
Chelsea M. Cameron is a New York Times/USA Today/Internationally Best Selling author from Maine who now lives and works in Boston. She's a red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader, and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, getting brunch with her partner, tweeting, and playing fetch with her cat, Sassenach. She has a ...more