Start by marking “An Incantation of Cats (Witch Cats of Cambridge #2)” as Want to Read:
An Incantation of Cats (Witch Cats of Cambridge #2)

An Incantation of Cats

(Witch Cats of Cambridge #2)

The new novel in Clea Simon’s spellbinding Witch Cats of Cambridge series! When two new clients seek Becca’s professional services, the fledgling witch detective is overjoyed. Finally, she can use her skills to help her magical community. But as the young witch finds the new cases intertwining, things grow more complicated. Becca’s three cats – the ones with the real power ...more
Published January 14th 2020 by Polis Books

To ask other readers questions about An Incantation of Cats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Incantation of Cats

Start your review of An Incantation of Cats (Witch Cats of Cambridge #2)
Karen Hollins-Stallman
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley-arc
An Incantation of Cats” is the 2nd book in the “A Witch Cats of Cambridge Mystery” by Clea Simon. It can be read as a stand-alone but I found myself wondering what happened in the first book. I have now purchased it and hope to be all caught up.

Faith
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are three Siamese cats who are witches and actually are the Maine characters of this story. According to cat witch code they are not allowed to give this information to their caregiver. These three are litter mates with their lineage extending back some distance into the past.

Their caregiver is a witch detective who yearns for witch powers. At present she has just got two potential clients come to her on the same day asking for her services. One, a young girl, feels she is going to be
Annalisa
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was fabulous. The characters were original and real. The story was well written and very entertaining
Becca and her kitties solve crimes. I loved the clever little banter between the kitties and the love and concern they have for their human. The mystery itself was rather brilliant and I could not lift my eyes from the pages. All in all, I found this story delightful.
Lisa Morin
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a cute cozy mystery that includes two of my favorite things, cats and witches. I’ve always been drawn to anything dealing with witchcraft, i love the magic of it.
In this book, Clara the cat is busy trying to help her owner, but things don’t always work out.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a light, page turning cozy.
Csimplot Simplot
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!!!
Mary
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is no denying that this is simply a fun book. It isn’t great literature, but reading this story is a great way to relax. It certainly kept me turning the pages.

Our heroine, Becca Colwin, has lost her job and decided that she would become a detective who helps members of the local witchcraft community. Two clients show up at her door on the same day. Becca ultimately decides that she can work for only the first one as they are both connected to the same event. Unbeknownst to her, Becca’s
Jay Strafford
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
In “The Wizard of Oz,” when Glinda asks Dorothy if she’s “a good witch or a bad witch,” Dorothy responds, “I’m not a witch at all.
Neither is Becca Colwin in the second installment of Clea Simon’s “Witch Cats of Cambridge” series. But she thinks she is.
Becca’s three cats – sisters Laurel, Harriet and Clara – actually have witchy powers. And it’s Harriet who, in the series opener, “A Spell of Murder,” inadvertently committed the act that made Becca mistake an event as her own accomplishment.
In
Book
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
In this second Witch Cats of Cambridge Mystery, the three cats – Harriet, Laurel & Clara – are a little more developed as characters, but Becca, the witch detective, still seems somewhat adrift.

Advertising as a witch detective, two separate women try to hire Becca to help them. The mystery, in which both end up suspects, is the murder of Frank Cross, the husband of one of Becca’s possible clients and the boyfriend of the other prospect.

The three cats, the actual witches of the series,
Jeanne
The second in the Witch Cats of Cambridge takes the characters to the next level. Becca, the aspiring witch, takes on a case involving a young woman who thinks she is being threatened. Clara, one of her three cats, is concerned that Becca might be getting in over her head and decides to help-- you see, the cats are the ones who DO have powers. The personalities of the cats really shine in this book. While the mystery is a solid one and there are some good twists and turns, I was most enchanted ...more
Mary
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd installment of the Witch Cats of Cambridge series. The story is from the three cats (Clara, Laurel and Harriet) who are the real witches and siblings work together to keep their owner out of trouble. Becca Corwin is running a witch detective agency and she thinks she has powers when in fact it is her cats who have all the power. There are two cases that are connected and she decides she can only work on one. Clara and her sisters are fighting and Clara finds a dead body and the ...more
Dani(elle)
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
You ever read a book that, in theory, is perfect for you but find yourself not connecting to the work like you normally would? That was me with this book. Perhaps it is because I started with the second in the series, but for whatever reason I found myself not either immersed or particularly engaged. I adore the concept of a cozy mystery fromy the perspective of cats but I wasn't especially found of Clara, Laurel, or Harriet, and nothing about Becca stood out either. The writing and plot is not ...more
Janine
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun mystery with a lot of twists and turns. I enjoyed the story being told from a cat’s point of view. The three sibling cats are really witches, but they aren’t allowed to let their caregiver, who is a witch detective, know. Together they solve the mysteries in this unique and entertaining book. If you like cats, mysteries and witches, you’ll really enjoy this book.
Kaye
Oct 31, 2019 added it
The second in the series. I would give this one 3.5 stars, mainly because all the fighting among the cats got tiresome after awhile. Tended to skim a bit in the middle, and probably missed a few details because of it. Overall though, if you like cats and young and learning good witches you will enjoy this book.
Valerie
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book. I didn't like the cats and their attitudes, i thought that the main character Becca was making major assumptions in her investigation, which really didn't feel like an investigation. She just kept going back and forth to the same shop. #AnIncantationOfCats #NetGalley
Carol Macarthur
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Set in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the narration of this novel is shared by a witch detective's litter of beautiful cats--who are actually witches themselves! The plot winds delightfully around the cats' assisting their own in solving a mystery. The writing is delicious!
Doreen
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
1/4/2020 3.5 stars. Builds delightfully off the first book. Full review tk at CriminalElement.com.
RoloPoloBookBlog
Review to come late January 2020 once it's gone live on my blog, RoloPoloBookBlog
Erica G
Carolyn Injoy
Natasha
lou brown
Sep 29, 2019

• Sealed Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #8)
  • Potions Are for Pushovers
  • Statue of Limitations (A Goddess of Greene St. Mystery #1)
  • Belinda Blake and the Birds of a Feather (Exotic Pet-Sitter #3)
  • Silent Knit, Deadly Knit (A Knit & Nibble Mystery #4)
  • A Mysterious Mix Up (Allie Cobb Mystery #3)
  • Pawsitively Secretive (Witch of Edgehill, #3)
  • Much Ado about Nutmeg (Pancake House Mystery #6)
  • There's A Murder Afoot (Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery #5)
  • Come Homicide or High Water
  • Last Licks
  • Theater Nights Are Murder
  • Three Widows and a Corpse (A Food Blogger Mystery Book 3)
  • Look Alive Twenty-Five (Stephanie Plum, #25)
  • Southern Harm (A Southern B&B Mystery #2)
  • A Field Guide to Homicide (Cat Latimer Mystery #6)
  • Stamped Out (A Mail Carrier Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Murder Can Mess Up Your Masterpiece (A Haunted Craft Fair Mystery #1)
Clea Simon is the author of the upcoming "A Spell of Murder," the first in her new "Witch Cats of Cambridge" series. She is also the author of "World Enough," a rock 'n' roll noir, as well as the Blackie and Care series (most recently "Cross My Path") chronicling the adventures of the pink-haired Care and the black feral cat who loves her. In addition to these darker books, she is also the author ...more

Witch Cats of Cambridge (2 books)
  • A Spell of Murder (Witch Cats of Cambridge #1)