Start by marking “The Splendid Secrets of 66 Lilly Pilly Lane (A fairy fantasy for kids ages 9-12)” as Want to Read:

A magical house. A secret past. And an awful decision. Will she claim her destiny... or save her sister?

Twelve-year-old Chia is blind and toils in the mines digging up diamonds for her evil stepmother, Priscilla. Her only thought is to rescue her twin sister Viola from a life at the palace.

Everything changes when a mysterious woman transports Chia to 66 Lilly Pilly Lane, a magical house wherepalace.

Everything

Published September 19th 2019 by Angelos Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Splendid Secrets of 66 Lilly Pilly Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Splendid Secrets of 66 Lilly Pilly Lane

Start your review of The Splendid Secrets of 66 Lilly Pilly Lane (A fairy fantasy for kids ages 9-12)
Sandee
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A marvelous story! Perfect for older children, teenagers and everyone who enjoys feel-good books full of adventures and magic. I fell in love with Chia and Pip. I wish I had read this book when I was a youngster and am very happy to have read it now. The messages are all the most positive ones that we should all be applying to ourselves, regardless of age. This is my honest review after receiving a free copy of this delightful book.
Karen Field
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a story that I may have missed out on, which would have been a shame because I loved it. The characters are "different" and by that I mean you will read about people interacting with animals, trees, statues and even a house. Yet each character has a distinct personality and has a way of planting themselves in your mind so that you think nothing of a tree offering you breakfast.

The book is a magical, delightful story where the main lesson (in my opinion) is doing what makes you happ
LitPick Book Reviews
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chia is a blind twelve-year-old who is forced to look for diamonds in a mine for her horrid step-mother--Priscilla. Chia is very selfless and makes most of her mistakes because of that. Her “wonderful” twin sister, Viola, has betrayed Chia many times, but Chia does not know that because Viola and Priscilla have altered her memory.

One day, when Chia is working in the mines, a weird woman shows up and takes her to 66 Lilly Pilly Lane. This house is full of magic and has many animals living insid
Madam
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twelve-year-old Chia is blind and works in a diamond mine. Her only friend is Pip, a duck, and she’s constantly harassed by the mine master, Hitchens. However, her heart isn’t directed at escaping to a better life, but saving her twin sister, Viola, from their cruel stepmother, Priscilla.

However, when Hitchens tells her Viola hates her and sent her to the mines, Chia stands up to him and screams in fury. And that’s when a mysterious lady named Ms. Roberta shows up, ready to whisk Chi
Dani (ダニ)
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I received this book for free for an honest review and I must say, I really really enjoyed this book. This is middle grade and I'm an adult, or I should be ^^' But I do prefer to read easier books for me to read in English. Especially if they're fantasy.

I absolutely loved this little fantasy story and all its lessons it brought with it. Essentialy the main part of this story is a girl, who is like the most selfless person there is, and currently lives in a terrible living situation with a life
Eileen
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again, I've discovered a children's book by this author that I ended up really enjoying. The message is a bit heavy-handed sometimes, but it's a message that I think kids who constantly worry about others need to hear. The message here is that self-care is not being selfish and that being completely selfless is neither good for you nor for the people around you and that's something I think many kids need to hear. I'm a tutor and I can think of several of my students (ranging from middle sch ...more
Tynea Lewis
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Splendid Secrets of 66 Lilly Pilly Lane starts in a diamond mine with a blind girl named Chia. She is digging diamonds for her evil stepmother Pricilla. The story continues with a rescue for Chia, and she ends up at 66 Lilly Pilly Lane. There, some creatures help her and give her a great gift, but she remembers her sister is at the castle and asks her new friends to help rescue her. The friends have one condition: they want Pricilla’s heart. The rest of the story involves rescues, escapes, ...more
Donna
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous read! I thoroughly enjoyed this book - it captured me from the first page - it's fast paced, the characters have depth, I could not put it down. In addition to being fun I particularly loved the message of self-love that it portrays and the unexpected turns the story takes. This is a book I also recommend for adults who enjoy fantasy, fiction. I will very much look forward to the next book - thanks Elena
Molly
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chia went through a great many trials, putting herself, her family and her home in jeopardy of destruction by a vicious and jealous baddie.

She must learn moderation and self love and care.

More exciting adventures lie ahead, if she can survive.

Amazing KU read!

Pat Eroh
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book captured this 60-year-old heart and kept me reading to the end. So I shared this with my kids and they all want a copy to read! So this is a successful awesome book! Great for all ages!

D.
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

This is a wonderful book. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I just fell in love with Chia, Pip and their friends. This story has a fantastic plot and great characters. I can't wait for the next book! I highly recommend this book for everyone.
Momo
Nov 13, 2019
Mohamed
Nov 15, 2019

• The Truth Keeper
  • Prince Dustin and Clara: Secrets of the Black Forest (Volume #2)
  • The Secrets and Peculiar Adventures of Jillian Dangerous
  • Other People's Crazy
  • Cat Mandoo: The Feline Who Flew
  • Simone LaFray and the Chocolatiers' Ball (Simone LaFray, #1)
  • The Martin Luther King Mitzvah
  • Middlewest, Book One
  • Dragon Mage Academy: Prisoner of Dragons
  • Cinderella -- A Love Story
  • Space Murder (Captain Liz Laika Adventures 1)
  • Murder With a Psychic Zap (Wonder Springs #2)
  • Damaged Hearts (Boys of Venice Beach, #1)
  • Stuck in Manistique
  • Grant Us Mercy: Installment Four: Post-Apocalyptic Survival Fiction
  • The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún Vol. 7
  • Dragon Mage Academy: Protector of Dragons
  • Double Blind: a fast-paced murder mystery where nothing is what it seems
Elena Paige is a children's and teen author with a background in counselling psychology. She loves creating stories which inspire and transform young readers - either through empowering them, entertaining them, or encouraging them to be more creative and imaginative.

Her books, while being filled with magic and wonder, have real life characters with real life issues - like fitting in, t