Start by marking “La música del corazón” as Want to Read:
La música del corazón

La música del corazón

(Music Street #1)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  5,078 ratings  ·  1,013 reviews
Jasmine Greene es la hija de un músico de jazz, Ray. Adora la música y sueña con cantar, pero su madre insiste en que tiene que cantar pop para lograr el éxito. Durante una visita a Nueva Orleans, conoce al dulce y callado Elliott, que cuando toca el saxofón se deshace de su timidez, porque igual que Jasmine, ha nacido para la música. Se hacen inseparables, pero la vida ti ...more
Published October 9th 2019 by Principal de los Libros (first published December 7th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about La música del corazón, please sign up.
Brandi L. Platt I think it leaves a good opening to what could come next, but it doesn’t leave you hanging and disappointed.

·  5,078 ratings  ·  1,013 reviews

Start your review of La música del corazón
Christy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5+ stars!!!!

description

“No woman can only fall in love with the music of jazz. She always quietly yearns for the musician behind the bars.”

Brittainy C. Cherry is a wordsmith. She is one of those people that is doing exactly what she was made for. Behind the Bars is another masterpiece. I can’t say enough good things about this book! It moved me and gave me the feels on an entirely different level! It was brilliant and a top favorite of mine this year!

Jasmine Greene is the daughter of a traveling musician and a mom-age
KAS
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
”...You don’t see music, you feel it. Music doesn’t see color. Music transcends all stereotypes.”

I don’t know what ‘category’ of romance to file this under, but it honestly doesn’t matter. What matters is ... It was amazing! It was riveting! It was totally unique! It was a page turning, slow burn romance! It gave me ALL THE FEELS, ranging from the depths of sadness, to the heights of elation and everything in between!

It was also my first read by this author, and now I need more and more.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE at 99¢! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

STOCKING UP ON TISSUE!

LIVE at 99¢! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Book Blurb:
When I first met Jasmine Greene, she came in as raindrops.
I was the awkward musician, and she was the high school queen.
The only things we had in common were our music and our loneliness.
Something in her eyes told me her smile wasn’t always the truth.
Something in her voice gave me a hope I always wished to find.
And in a flash, she was gone.
Years later, she was standing in front of me on a street in New Orleans.
She was different,|
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
STOCKING
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Who knew things could be painfully beautiful?”

Wow! This book was everything I was hoping for and more… much more. I am a huge fan of Brittainy C. Cherry and have been ever since reading Loving Mr. Daniels a few years ago, and then I fell even harder for her after each one of the Elements stories. Behind the Bars is a phenomenal story of love, hope, friendship and two lonely souls coming together through their love of music. If there is one book you need to check out this year, or ever, it is this one. Brittainy C. Cherr
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
What a beautiful story! I loved this book so much! It was perfect!

Brittainy C. Cherry is one of my favorite authors of all time. She just has a way of writing the most beautiful and heartbreaking stories. This one is not an exception.

Elliot has such a beautiful soul. He goes through so much (the bullying was so hard and sad to read about) but he’s not tainted. He loves deeply and cares so much for his family and friends. I am so in love with him.

Jasmine was perfect for Elliot. She too has gone through a lot (h
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone book in a series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Jasmine Greene was born to be a star. Coming from a family of musicians, she was poised to be a household name. But behind the talent, she was unhappy and lonely. That was until she met a kindred spirit.

Elliott Adams was shy and awkward. Music was his only way to escape real life. His friendship with Jasmine opened up his eyes to what a good life could be. But being together proved to be a lot harder than either of them could imagine.

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone book in a series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Initially I had reservation about this book since I'm not into soul music or even music in general. I'm glad to say it didn't affect my enjoyment of the story.

“You’re a reminder of the best time of my life, and I didn’t think I deserved you,”

Elliott didn't have an easy life. His closed off personality was understandable. But beyond that, deep down he cared about those in his inner circle.

“People don’t care about me, Elliott. People just take pieces of me and then throw the rest away.”

Jasmine might seemed like a well adjusted woman. But she hid pains behind the facade. I like how she was understanding and put other people first. I was angry with how she handled certain situations, but she needed to learn thing the hard way.

I love the elements of family and friendship in this book. Some parts of the book hurt, and I like seeing how the characters coped from it. I have to say though I wish the epilogue is turned down a little.

“One can’t truly heal if they pretend the cracks don’t exist.”

Behind The Bars is a story of loyalty and forgiveness. It would appeal to readers looking for a heartbreaking yet heartwarming romance.

🎙 🎼 🎙 . . . (F)BR With Loyda . . . 🎙 🎼 🎙

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

Jennifer Kyle
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

[image error]

Brittainy C. Cherry delivers yet again another heartfelt story. This couple shares a love of jazz and of one another and their connection is simply beautiful. There were so many lovely quotes as Jasmine and Elliott find their way back to one another. I enjoyed this story and will always read anything this author pens!
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"

“You were, are, and will always be my Jazz. You are every beat, every note, every bar. You are the lyrics, the harmony, and the melody. You were, are, and always will be my favorite song.”

4,5 stars

All along two thoughts were twirling in my head:
“Oh Elliott, no…” when he was pushed and pushed
“No Jasmine, please don’t do it. They won’t love you for this.”
They both tore my heart in tiny pieces, quietly, one piece at a time.

”sadstihead:</br>“Oh</b></span>
  <span id=

4,5 stars

All along two thoughts were twirling in my head:
“Oh Elliott, no…” when he was pushed and pushed
“No Jasmine, please don’t do it. They won’t love you for this.”
They both tore my heart in tiny pieces, quietly, one piece at a time.

”sadstitch”/

Poor, bullied and lonely Eli.
Elliott is the bullied boy with an unassuming appearance. He was skinny had glasses.The boy with the soft hazel eyes with a soul that shone so bright he had to bleed his feelings with his saxophone. When Eli played Jazz the world stopped spinning and the hearts would weep.

Jasmine was part of the “in crowd” and was groomed by her mother to become a star. She projected a confident aura but Jasmine was still lonely. Wanting to be loved by her mom she forgot her true calling every day. Jasmine was slowly dying inside. I loved her for really seeing Eli. Whatever her popularity she was never afraid to be seen with the bullied boy and show to everyone that he was her friend.

“He was a quiet guy and he mostly kept to himself. He was a skinny boy with beautiful caramel skin and hazel eyes. He never in the history of ever bothered anyone. He had braces, glasses, and nervous habits, like the shaky hands I always noticed. He was the easiest target for Todd: timid, kind, and lonely. I noticed the loneliness most, because I knew the distinct look. I’d been lonely my whole life, and Elliott’s stare mirrored my own.”

Brittainy C Cherry did not make it easy for me in this story. I was shocked by some choices Jasmine made. When you realize that you are judgmental this is not pretty to admit. If she would have been a boy I would only have had an amused smile. How fair is that? I liked Jasmine but did not always understand her. I loved her brave side when she fought for Eli. I understood that the choices she made came from the heart. But it was still bothering me.
Then a wonder happened: she rebelled!
Yes! At last!
From that moment on I was 120% team Jasmine.
She was gorgeous, caring, gifted, selfless and she loved Eli so much.

All is well then?

Well not exactly. I fell in love with Jasmine when Eli had changed so much that it was hard to still love him. He was really putting distances between him and others. Standoffish. All cold outside.
Everyone copes in his own way with drama but Elliott was stuck in his pain. He could not move on and I did not either. What happened was just horrible. Another shock factor of the story. Brittainy C Cherry went all in with this one sparing her characters no pain at all.
He just wanted to stay numb.
He did not deserve to feel anything good.
He’s been weak.
He is guilty.

Then began the long way to loving Eli back. Step by step, punch after punch, note by note.

I adored the love story. It was cute, touching, sweet, real. They both were really meant to be together. My eyes were often brimming with tears when I read some moving parts witnessing their shy but stong love blossom.
A few tears rolled down my cheeks. “I’m a little messed up.” “I know.” He nodded. “That’s why I like you.” He went back to staring out the window, and I kept staring at him. And there it was. So small, so tiny, so real. Love. It wasn’t love, but it was the beginning of it.

A personal note here: being a good parent. Brittainy C Cherry portrayed different parents in this story. Some were really bad like Jasmine’s mom. I hated her with a passion you have no idea!
Some wonderful like Eli’s mom or Ray. Ray is Jasmine’s dad in everything that count but blood.
“I love her because she gave me you. You may not be my blood, Snow White, but don’t for a second think that you are not my family. I stay for you. I’ll always stay for you.”
And you have Todd’s parents…
Brittainy showed that you can neglect a kid in many ways. What’s most important is not to give them designer bags but to love and listen to them. Without love and understanding kids are lost. It hit close to home as I’m currently going through some hard times with my son. Eighteen is not easy. You are not a kid anymore but you are not an adult either. Brittainy reminded me that whatever the outbursts, the tongue lashing or the frustration I have to listen to him. Show him I’m supporting and loving him. That’s how it’s done and that’s how we’ll win.

I cried, I swooned, I raged at life’s unfairness. In four words: I lived the story!

Now confession time: I loved it but still felt bereft. I would have loved reading more about their lives when separated. What happened every day. And yet I suspect these years were so dark, desperate and ugly that it’s probably better if I don’t know.
I would have loved another ending. Call me greedy all that you want but what happens with their music? Nothing more than that?
I know that’s me splitting hair as Brittainy C Cherry once more delivered a moving, heartbreaking and gorgeous romance story. It’s one tale of resilience and forgiveness you won’t want to miss!

Recommend it? Hell yes!!!
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 Unique Stars

“You’re the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because you’re here.”

Such a beautiful story, it was emotional, heartwarming and sweet!I didn't expect anything less from Brittainy, for one more time she delivered a beautiful story!The writing is flawless and her characters original!

"We were polar opposites. We weren't meant to fall for one another, but when we blended together, we were some kind of beautiful."

Behind the Bars is a story that will make you think about your own life.I love when this is
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Ugh Ms.Cherry, you're always making me cry... 😢😢😢

This book was so good. ❤❤❤

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Brittainy C Cherry has always managed to bring out the emotional side with her readers. Every word that's been written into the pages feels like a warm protected blanket and you can’t help but bask in it’s safety and strength.

Never striking down for the emotional feel, Behind the Bars keeps you locked into a heartbreaking grasp about love, loss, hope and finding the perfect tune. From an early age , Jasmine has been groomed to be the next pop star thanks to her over bearing mother. Music and f
Olga therebelreader
***4.5 stars***

Loved this book, I literally couldn’t put it down, I’ve been reading all day. I found humor in the right parts, sorrow, drama, vulnerability, understanding, lust, chemistry, friendships and love and yes, violence too!

Elliott, oh my dear sweet, Elliott... I really felt sorry for this guy, he had truly be handed a shit hand of cards to make his life. Jasmine knows what is expected of her, perfection. She has quite the messed up family life. I loved her character and ho
Sabrina
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I'm starting to have suspicions that Brittainy C. Cherry might have stock in a Tissue company because she keeps writing these books that have me going through an entire box of tissues. Seriously, she pushes my tear ducts to the extreme.

Behind The Bars starts off with Jasmine and Elliott in High School where they first meet. For me, this was the most emotional part of the story and the whole first half of the story had my heart continuo
Paige
5 “Stay” Stars

A beautiful love story about hope, healing and finding your truth. Behind the Bars was a quiet love story between two people who truly needed a love story. It was raw and passionate but also sweet and emotional. It encompassed the reality of first love and the endearing quality of last love. These characters were both a bit broken but found peace and understanding in each other even when life got in the way.

This is probably my favorite Ms. Cherry book and I’ve loved al
Wil Loves Books!
“You’re the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because you’re here.”

Brittany Cherry writes beautiful, amazing books, that’s a fact. She’s definitely on of my all time favorites and an instant one-click. Her stories are so real and amazing, and her writing is just beautiful and moving. This one is no exception. This book is about live, love, loss and ,music.

“I noticed the loneliness most, because I knew the distinct look. I’d been lonely my whole life, and Elliott’s stare mirrored my own.”

I’m not sure,music.
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: Well...I think this was one that I sadly went into with big expectations that it didn't quite live up to. I liked the characters, I felt bad for what all they went through, I was happy with the ending (feels like I should add "for once" with the books I've been reading lately)...but I just didn't love it. I guess I never really felt their connection past a really good friendship. I'm not sure why either. I felt sad when the tragic event went down, but I didn't get as emotion/>Overall
Kandi Steiner
I have never been so emotionally moved by a book in my life. I didn't just fall in love with these characters, I walked 300 pages in their shoes, I BECAME then, and I am forever changed. Behind the Bars is true Brittainy C. Cherry magic. 5 achingly beautiful stars!
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
FOR GOODREADS

behind

Title: Behind The Bars
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Publication Date: December 7, 2017

ARC

It's good to be alive! Why you ask? Because you get to read books like this! Behind The Bars is such an amazing book. It's written beautifully.. I can't tell you how good this book was...I loved it!
ok...I've been sitting here for the past 15 minutes, trying to write this review but I know for a fact that my words just won't do it justice.This book is so beautifully poignant. It deals with so many
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!

-If you had one person who’d catch you when you were crashing through life, you were blessed beyond measure.

photo IMG_3474_zps0wjor8bv.jpg

Jasmine Greene is a beautiful, popular 16 yr. old girl living in New Orleans. Her mother wants to make her famous. She’s grooming her to be a star. She takes singing, dancing, & acting lessons, and is constantly going on auditions. Her mother wants her to be a trip
DW
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Going into a book by this author, I know there is going to be so many emotions.

Happiness

Sadness

And then happiness again.

So many emotions but always so worth it!!
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

“You are the music.”

Elliott and Jasmine meet when Jasmine's mom finally allows her to go to a public school. She's been homeschooled all her life because her mom is bound and determined to make a star out of her. Jasmine has nonstop music, dance and acting lessons and auditions. Every part of her life is controlled...and it's nothing she wants.

Meeting Elliott frees something inside her and she feels her true calling. Unfortunately, she's only sixteen and can't make any decisions for herself...yet.

And unfortun
Diana
I was up until the wee hours of the morning to finish this little gem up. It does have angst, but my advice is to push through it.

It is a beautiful story about Elliot and Jasmine, two lost and lonely souls that find each other as teenagers. Elliot is constantly harassed and bullied at school for his stuttering, while Jasmine is gorgeous and popular, but that is only on the outside. She is struggling with trying to find herself plus she has a monster of a mother, which I seriously wan
Pick a Book
English / Português

“Jasmine?”he whispered one more time.
“Yes, Elliott?”
“Does this mean we’re friends?”I laughed and nodded against his shoulder.
“This means we’re friends.”

- 4,5 stars

I've known Brittainy's books for a long time. My first read was one of the first ones she launched; THE SPACE IN BETWEEN. And from there she has grown extraordinarily in her writing. The Elements Series, for me, was the best, that kind that you think you can't overcome. And then comes the author a
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Full review posted at Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Behind the Bars is the first book of Brittainy C. Cherry’s new series, The Music Street series. The story is set in New Orleans and it’s about a soul singer Jasmine Greene and a saxophonist Elliott Adams. It started with an awkward friendship turned into lovers briefly and years later rekindled for the second time around.

Soul music was Jasmine’s love and passion but her mother discouraged it and wants her to sing pop music because it’ll gireview.
Behind
NiCoLeTa E.
***4,5 "Also, I still love you!!!" stars***

*****************************
“You’re the music in a mute world,
and my heart beats because you’re here.”
*****************************

Phew!!!! it's been almost a week since I've finished this "painfully beautiful" story and my feelings are still all over the place...
Honestly, I don't know what to say about this book!!!
Mrs. Cherry knows how to write beautiful, but painful stories!!! Stories that will stay with you for a long time after you finished them.... And this
Jean
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply magical! Loved this book! Love this author.....she never disappoints me. Her stories are so emotionally moving and unique.

Elliott is the skinny, nerdy, glasses-wearing kid in school who always got picked on by the popular crowd. He tries to blend into the background, but would do anything for his sister, Katie.

Jasmine is the new popular girl. She has a stage mother who pushes her to be the best....singing, dancing, acting....her mother has dreams for Jasmine and sh
Gabby
DNF at 200 pages
Damn, I really wanted to love this book. I even included this book in my 5-star predictions video and I couldn't have been more wrong. Brittainy C. Cherry is one of my favorite authors and she's written some of my favorite books of all time: Loving Mr. Daniels, The Gravity of Us, and The Air He Breathes.

POSITIVES:
-Takes place in New Orleans
-POC characters
-The plot revolves around music

NEGATIVES:
-I didn't care about the characters
-There were SO many cliches about the characters and within the plot/>
Ari
5 gorgeously heart-breaking stars

Read my entire review at Readin' Under Street-Lamps

Ah jesus, this book is so goddamn beautiful!

This book had so much life and heart and soul to it that made you not only appreciate life but your ability to fall in love as well. As some of you might be aware, I’m not a huge fan of swoony stories, but dear heavens! This book was so freaking beautiful that I couldn’t do anything but swoon. And while this book might not be one of her bests, thstars
Read
Carol
4.5 stars.
I am not gonna lie. This book is divided into two parts and Part 1 of this book was really hard for me to read. I badly wanted to put it down and quit several times as the story was so harsh and also unrelenting in the abuse and suffering that both MC's experienced.
I am a total wimp when it comes to the type of bullying that Elliot had to endure at high school but I am glad that I persevered and made it to Part 2 of the story which takes place 6 years later and reunites a change
Amy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“You don’t see music, you feel it. Music doesn’t see color. Music transcends all stereotypes.”

“Jazz is….um, jazz is the reminder that when I’m alone, I’m not really alone.” “That’s what soul is to me.” “It’s my best friend when everything else in the world is just an acquaintance.”

“Life happens. Sometimes you just have to go with the waves.”

“You’re the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because you’re here.”

There are books you read and then

• Falling Fast (Hailee & Chase, #1)
  • Flying High (Hailee & Chase, #2)
  • New Beginnings (Green Valley Love, #1)
  • Hope Again (Again, #4)
  • Show me the Stars (Leuchtturm-Trilogie, #1)
  • Up All Night (Up-All-Night-Reihe 1)
  • Burning Bridges (Fletcher University #1)
  • New Promises
  • Kiss Me Once
  • 6 ans
  • La storia che volevamo
  • Nos Âmes Tourmentées
  • Perfectly Broken
  • Finde Mich. Jetzt. (Finde-mich-Reihe, #1)
  • Someone New (Someone New, #1)
  • Sempre lei
  • ImPerfect Lady (NY Sinners Series #4)
  • Rush (Rush, #1)

Music Street (2 books)
  • Disgrace
“You’re the music in a mute world, and my heart beats because you’re here.” 10 likes
“The things we truly love stay with us always, locked in our hearts as long as life remains.” 5 likes