Start by marking “Taking Care of Business (The Necromancer's Smile #3)” as Want to Read:
Taking Care of Business (The Necromancer's Smile #3)

Taking Care of Business

(The Necromancer's Smile #3)

The Necromancer’s Smile: Taking Care of Business
Book three.
(Please note, this is a trilogy covering the same main characters throughout. Reading books one and two is best before reading this one).

When Sy learned that Connor, the young familiar who’d been staying with him, had been captured, he knew immediately that he could find him. After all, what use was it, him bei
Published September 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Taking Care of Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Care of Business

Start your review of Taking Care of Business (The Necromancer's Smile #3)
~Volha~
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We get to see Dakar and Sy one more time! Their family grew, Sy and Dakar are finally on the same page concerning their relationship but unfortunately not everyone approves or wants them to be together. They have to face magic community and fight all the prejudice and old-fashioned beliefs, face evil demons and keep their loved ones safe. The book is fast-paced, suspenseful and full of magic. There is plenty of affection between lovers and friends, a bit of angst and fights to protect people of ...more
Relly
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read, 4-stars
Great end to the series

4 ⭐

Great end to the series.

Dakar really stepped up in this one and finally has his head out of his butt, he stood by Sy at all times and was a great mate. Dakar’s parents disappointed me big time. I was honestly thinking that being shifters they would be more accepting.

A lot happens in this instalment. There were twists and turns and some unexpected conflict that was resolved well. I enjoyed how everyone of the characters came into themselves and their ind
llv
Rating: 5 stars
I thought this to be a wonderful ending to the Necromancer series. I absolutely love both Dakar and Sebastian along with Brad and Brock. I loved both relationships and how they stood together to defeat their enemies and obtain their HEA. I was pleased that the abuse mentioned in the blurb was part of the story but wasn’t described in any way. There were secondary characters that I would love to read about in the future. All in all, a really wonderful ending to this series th
Stephanie Murillo
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't want to give anything away but I will say that I loved this book! Lisa Oliver did another wonderful job bringing all the characters to life. This book was full of surprises and I never knew what was coming next. It was great seeing the story and events progress as well as seeing the evil and idiots put in their place. Well done, Lisa!
Jacqueleen ♡
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's been quite a wait for Sy and Dakar to have their HEA. I myself did a re read in order to remember where we left off. It was a smart idea as book 3 picks up right there. Also it's never a hardship when I know how much I enjoyed them the first time around.

Lots of drama and even more battles going on in this one. I feel Sy and Dakar were much stronger as a couple in this one and didn't waver as much with everything tbrown at them. They finally started to trust and believe in one another. It t
FairyG
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trilogies for the win

This is the 3rd book in the trilogy and shouldn't be read without the other two.

Already a fan of Lisa's books but loved the longer, deeper, story of one couple that this trilogy affords and the final books allows all these threads to come together.

The Shifter and Magical worlds collide with the mating of this couple. The preconceptions and ignorances each of their cultures show deep, sometimes hidden prejudices that try to rationalise away what
John-Torleif  Harris
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

I loved that every major decision in this book was made as a unit. There was some danger of people going off on their own to sacrifice themselves for the love of the others, but I liked that Sy, Dakar, Brock, and Brad worked as a unit.

I do have to wonder if Dakar will need to train his ability to tap Sy's abilities now that he knows it's possible. Will Brad discover similar things with his bind to Brock? And since they're all basically immortal, are they stick with their new
Ally Lupold
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the series especially with the audible in the first two books.

Hated seeing the end of this magical and shifter dynamic we know frogs mate was the new gargoyle captain. But would love reading their story, along with Connor and his witch mate. I'm going to miss Sy, Dakar, Brad, and Brock. This trilogy is a magnificent read. When the third book came out I listened to the 1st and 2nd before reading the third. I hope it comes out with an audible book also. If you love m/m mates, magic, demon
Kaye
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has been well worth the wait.

The series is well-developed and the final instalment has built on that and the introduction of a few minor characters has added great depth to the book.

Sy and Dakar's HEA has been a long time coming given the many challenges and obstacles along the way but with a lot of support, friendships and the desire to right many wrongs and evil doing this has made it an enjoyable series and read.

I would definitely recommend all 3 books
Ute Reichmann
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and last book of the Necromancer's series. To get the whole picture, better to be read in order. I loved this book. Couldn't put it down. The love and the bond between Sy and Dakar strengthened over time, and they have each others back. There are unexpected twists and turns in this book. And I'm happy, that Brock and Brad have found each other. Great book, great series. Highly recommended. Thank you, Lisa, you did it again.
Diane
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Too good to end now

The Necromancer trilogy has been a great read but ended too soon. The development of the relationships has been enjoyable to read about and sex wasn't half bad either. Chuckle. I wish the trilogy would extend to 6 books to fully cover Sy's development and Dakkar's education. And frankly I love to read about magic not just shifters and how much cultures learn to blend.
Lee Hall
Wonderful!

Sye and Dakar sure do make a formidable couple! I’m so glad they finally got their HEA. This book ties up the loose ends and we get all the wonderful action that Lisa Oliver is known for. Nothing is ever easy, and she really makes them work for it! Another fantastic story by a world class author! She is ALWAYS a one-click for me!
Stella Gladden
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you....

I find this book to be very exciting and interesting to read. Dakar and Sy travelled a long journey, to keep their newly formed pack together and safe. And, I enjoyed taking the journey with them. I want to thank you so much for their story, and hope you'll bring them back in the near future. I would like to read more about Connor and Troy, and their mates.
Karen Dubois
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable book. It rounded the series out nicely, although was irked with Dakar's family not being accepting. Seemed to be the same thing different day as the other books. I would have liked to see more of Sy using his powers in his day to day job, but as always I really enjoyed the characters.
Debra Rogers
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series

I enjoyed the trilogy and would have been on board for another book. The book flowed and kept my attention. Ms. Oliver is one of my favorite author's and I will be waiting for future selections.
Anna Vermey
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

As usual Lisa has written an entertaining story with lots of twists. Great that Sy and his wolf mate got their HEA. Recommended. Looking forward to reading more about Connor and his witch.
Kyle Harrington
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazing book by Lisa

I read this book in under 24 hours of purchasing it. I could not put it down. The story will draw you in. Yes this is the final book in the trilogy, but the world that Lisa creates will make you want more.
Nicola Wasley
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read and series

This whole series was cool. Love seeing Sy fully come into himself and Dykar learning a Alpha doesn't have to be be in charge. As always Lisa has left room for other books associated to this series and I look forward to reading them.
Karen
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story. Well written with kick ass characters. I loved this trilogy.
Nicole
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
the completion of Sy and Dakar's story.
MM.
Great Read. Great set of characters and supporting characters.
Couldn't really stand Dakar's parents.
Don't hesitate to read.
Sherry
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great finish to a great series.

What a great book. I just love this series. I just hope we get to read Troy storie and i would love to see Connor coat closet seen.
Kattz
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Triology

I liked this small series. I liked the characters are the family dynamics throughout the series. I’m looking forward to reading the next books she comes out with.
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don’t mess with the Necromancer

As always Lisa brings a wonderful story to life.
Sy and Dakar prove yet again that love does conquer all.
Barbara Lampron
Oh my Lisa!!!!

That was a perfect story. I loved Sy and his mate. I loved Sy’s companion and I loved the gargoyle. Every book you write is gold. I will buy it if you write it.
Tiuri
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, gromance
A lovely and fitting end to the trilogy. I really enjoyed reading this, perhaps because the wish-fulfillment aspect was quite strong.
L A marr
Sep 26, 2019
wendi
Sep 19, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Family Ties (The Family Novak #1)
  • White Knight (Blackwood Pack #8)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Bishop: A True Lover's Story
  • Suffer the Knight (Dragon's Blood M.C. #11)
  • Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency, #1)
  • Raven's Hart (Haven Hart Universe #7)
  • Fraught (Alphabits #7)
  • The Art of Death: Pittsburgh Vampires Vol. 11
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • Tallowwood
  • Stand Out (Assassin's Claws #2)
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
Lisa Oliver had been writing non-fiction books for years when visions of half dressed, buff men started invading her dreams. Unable to resist the lure of her stories, Lisa decided to switch to fiction books, and now stories about her men clamor to get out from under her fingertips.
When Lisa is not writing, she is usually reading with a cup of tea always at hand. Her grown children and grandchildr

The Necromancer's Smile (3 books)
  • The Necromancer's Smile
  • A Family Affair (The Necromancer's Smile, #2)