Start by marking “Taurus (The Zodiac Queen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taurus (The Zodiac Queen, #2)

Taurus

(The Zodiac Queen #2)

Twelve men. A virgin queen. One arranged marriage.

Twelve diamonds.
That’s the number of precious stones in my crown.
And when I break one of Heath Bordeaux’s stringent rules, I lose one.
Earning it back entails pain and degradation.
No one can save me from his reign.
Not even Liam Castle.

Part 2 of the Zodiac Queen.
Published December 10th 2019

Start your review of Taurus (The Zodiac Queen, #2)
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
Rather disliked this one.

No real hero - the main man in it is a sadistic mostly-gay man who forces the heroine to take part in his encounters with the manservant he truly loves. It's fairly obvious at all times that they get off a lot more from each other than from her. She, for her part, isn't attracted to either of them at all. For such a short book (20k words) it was a surprising slog to read. The guy who comes closest to being a 'hero', the main man from Book 1, is barely existent.

I could
C
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Novalee is in trouble

While I am not a fan of the virgin trope, this is a short serial that has Queen Novalee spending one month each with 12 different men before they can marry her. She's slowly made her way through 2 of them.

Master Bordeaux possibly just wants her to keep his lover safe so she can give him an heir. He and his manservant live a D/s lifestyle I guess. She knows their secret and promises not to tell.

I guess I like reading this since it's really short. Took less than an hour...
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

*KU Read

How did I miss this release? I fell in love with the first book Aries- The Zodiac Queen, and then somehow missed this one. Well, I rectified that fast. Taurus gives us Heath Bordeaux from The House of Taurus. Mr. Bordeaux, we have met in the first book, and we all know he is not a nice man at all. He is a sick and twisted man that makes you scared for Novalee.

We learn a little more in Taurus about the characters that play in the Zodiac Queen; we also find out why Mr. Bordeaux is such a
Martha Lindblom
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and it almost too short but explosive. Mr. Bordeaux is a person you will hate at the beginning but he does soften up at the end. Now we wait until book 3 to come out and see what happens next month to the Queen. Enjoy this fantastic book.
Ana Oh
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MmmmmHmmmmm

These little books are so much fun. I really enjoy experiencing how the author views men of each sign, the pluses and minuses.

I am definitely looking forward to Gemini.
Misha
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Waiting on the romance

Two books in and I’m still disappointed with the alleged romance aspect of this story. I can get pass the dubious consent elements, but you have to make me believe there can be a real romance that develops from that. So far that’s a nonstarter. Also I think we’re supposed to feel sympathetic about Heath and Loren’s circumstances, but honestly while it truly was sad I had a hard time feeling anything but disdain for them. One who treats our MC so shabbily without cause and
Amelia
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The desire to discover what would take place in the life of Novalee after she must interact with twelve different men on Zodiac Island for one year kept me reading the second book in The Zodiac Queen series without stopping. After an eye-opening month spent with Liam Castle in the first story, she will now be under the control of Heath Bordeaux, another man who will be competing to win her in an upcoming auction. Though Novalee must save herself for the individual who bids the most, she has to ...more
Kayla
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I shouldn’t crave his touch after the way he’s treated me, but God help me… I do."

I am so hooked on this series!! The wait on these novellas is going to be the death of me. Each one only gets more intense then the last. The Zodiac Men are as mysterious as they are intriguing. Taurus was nothing like I expected. It was as intense, maddening and calculated as Heath Bordeaux. He truly had a way of making me hate him from the start. He was a 360 from what you expuerenced in Aries. I did enjoy how
Emilia || Dark Side of the Book
Taurus

The second book in „Zodiac Queen” series written by Gemma James is a book, that I really don't know I like it or not.

„Taurus” is... weird.

Mr. Bordeaux is like a ghost. When our virgin queen Novalee goes to his home to spend the next month with him, Bordeaux showes himself several times in this book and do nothing.

We don't have a real hero in this book. Bordeaux is a hidden gay and Novalee in this month, which she spends with him has an occasion to see his orientation. Novalee in this book is
Kathy Wideman
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this series and they must be read in order. Novalee is to be Queen but first she must spend a month with each of the zodiac houses. Then she will go to the highest bidder. Each wants her for a different reason. Heath has strict rules. She isn’t said when he is away from the house. Heath has many secrets. When she discovers one, she is punished. She is given the chance to earn it back but is it really better than the other option she was given. There are ones worse than ...more
Lindy
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Confused

I think I would like this series better if it wasn’t a serial. It’s too short for substance. I guess each book will contain Queen being held a month at a time but nothing really occurs within that month,they either stay away or on business.

Am I reading how Jeffrey Epstein got his start? The basic distaste the Zodiac Clan has for human life is sad. The lessons she goes through is to make her better but she was already kind, innocent and giving. Why aren’t they being taught something? I
Darkreads
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second installment in Gemma James' Zodiac Queen series brings Novalee into Health's domain. I have to say that this books is at once everything and nothing I expected it to be. Heath is quite a departure from Liam's gentle and loving brand of domination. He does have his reasons, which left me even more conflicted when it comes to his character. My heart broke for Novalee and I definitely had a hard time connecting with Mr. Bordeaux. I really enjoyed glimpses of Novalee with Liam and ...more
Virginia
This is the second book in The Zodiac Queen Series

This is the story of Novalee's (The Queen) time of one month with Heath Bordeaux (Taurus). He is very strict and demands obedience to the fullest. He doesn't treat Novalee well. She learns of a secret he is keeping and punishes her for it. She is not thrilled to be with someone new. This series is of a different kind from anything I have read. I think it's an awesome series and can't wait to see what happens each time she has someone new to obey.
Mary Mooney
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Too Short but Oh So Good!

Novalee has moved to the second house, Taurus which means a month with another man. This man is Heath and he is not even close to Liam. Heath seems mean, distant and only wants to hurt her.
Can Novalee survive A month with Heath? Will she be able to follow his rules? Can she continue to spend time with the men on Zodiac island?
This series is all novellas but each story will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end and leave you wanting more. I can not wait for the
Michelle
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Okay, now we're talking. The first book was very introductory and i rated it a 3, though i would say more 3.5 really. This I'd give a 4.5. The book starts to show the sadism of the next guy and wow is all I'm going to say. I'm definitely curious to see how the other men treat her through the year. I won't say much else because i don't want to spoil anything, other than it ends on a cliffhanger that certainly makes me wish i didn't have to wait for the next book to come out! I'm feeling more ...more
Sonya
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
No real connection

This series has me intrigued. I look forward to reading each book to see what makes each man unique. Heath connection with the Queen does not resonate with me at all. Loren had more of an connection with the Queen than Heath (Mr. Bordeaux). I'm looking forward to seeing how the series unfolds.
Cee Cee Houston
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark and intense.

Part 2 of The Zodiac series sees Queen Novalee in hands of Mr. Bordeaux, the Master of House Taurus. He's got an agenda and making Nogales feel safe and desired isn't one of them. He's all about control and obedience, something Nogales is sure to fight against. Can survive the month with this depraved man or will he be the end of her?
Allyson
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can not get enough of Novalee's journey on the Zodiac island and these men that she has to endure.

Heath Bordeaux, House of Taurus, is one sadistic-interesting man in my opinion. Definitely different than Liam, House of Ares book whom I loved, but still very addictive material to sink your teeth into. I am on the edge of the Zodiac cliffs waiting for Gemini to release in 2020!
Dixie Williams
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book for number 2 I will be reading all don't want to give much away I am pulling for liam just telling all readers you need to start with the first book because yo all have twelve I wish I Had all now

Good reading its exciting to have to wait for ten more books to come out one woman twelve men who gets her
Franjessca
Full Review posted at Book Lovin' Mamas

If you enjoy Dark Romance that involves bondage and uncomfortable situations, then this series is something to check out. Be prepared though there is not a lot of romance in the second book. It’s more hatred than anything.
Lizette Criscitiello-Diaz
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heath and Novalee- Taurus

You constantly leave us on edge and Damon you left us with so many questions at the end of Taurus. Heath has been one of the toughest for Novalee thus far. Holy good God I can't get enough Sebastian. I can't wait to see what happens next in Gemini. I adore this series and look forward to every book.
Isabel
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
Another house, another story... I must say Heath it's so different from Liam.
But nevertheless it's a good one. And another way to see the life's style of the heirs of Zodiac Island...
Waiting for the next one... Gemini!!!
Catherine Perkins
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Bull By the Horn

Book 2, of this series, leaves you with so many questions, as it answers others. Novalee's journey to the House of Taurus was unexpected, yet pivotal, in a way. Looking forward to the next installment.
Janee
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Being controlled

I thought this part was going to be particularly bad for Novalee. It turn out not as to cringe. The house of Leo is controlling as most Leo's are. I would know I'm a Leo.
Sandie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short, fast and hot can describe this book. I enjoyed the ongoing plot and the characters are either love them or hate them. The last few pages leave the tempting tidbits to make you want the next book .... a cliffhanger.
Carmen Insfran
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
The Zodiac Queen Book 2

The book is well written and I enjoyed reading it.

And as much as I did not like Heath's character, I loved Loren. He was adorable.

Although it is a standalone book, it ends in a cliffhanger.
Margaret Borgman
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can't put it down

I gave it 5 stars because it kept my interest and I didn't want to stop reading it till I finished the book. The only thing wrong with it was that it was to short.
Vivian Allen
Cannot wait

On the edge of my seat with anticipation of how this is all going to unfold! Very dark, erotic story that leaves me with a ball of anxiety in my stomach! Just the way a good story should leave you! Great job Gemma, I am as trapped as Novalee!
Adrian Warnke
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More please

Sad having to wait till the new year for next twist. Great characters hoping for happiness in end, but feeling a property transaction. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next
Natalie
Glad she’s out of House of Taurus

The anticipation is going to kill me! Super quick read, interesting contrast from one house to another. I wish I had all 12 books in hand now to see how this ends #TEAMSAS my heart goes out to my fellow Aries.

• Tied
  • Jasmine
  • Audition
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Wicked Royals (Ruthless Rulers #0.5)
  • Confess
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Play Me
  • Sweeter Than Hate (Darker Than Love, #0.5)
  • Ruthless Prince (Ruthless Rulers #1)
  • Forbidden
  • Damage
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • A Night by my Fire
  • King of the Causeway (King, #9.5)
  • Lover (Betrothed #3)
  • Cathedral (Cradle of Darkness #1)
  • Daddy's Dirty Boss
Gemma James is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of a blend of genres, from new adult suspense to dark erotic romance. She loves to explore the darker side of human nature in her fiction, and she's morbidly curious about anything dark and edgy, from deviant sex to serial killers. Readers have described her stories as being "not for the faint of heart."

She warns you to heed their words! Her

The Zodiac Queen (3 books)
  • Aries (The Zodiac Queen, #1)
  • Gemini (The Zodiac Queen, #3)
“Twelve men. A virgin queen. One arranged marriage. Twelve diamonds. That’s the number of precious stones in my crown. And when I break one of Heath Bordeaux’s stringent rules, I lose one. Earning it back entails pain and degradation. No one can save me from his reign. Not even Liam Castle.” 0 likes