Start by marking “Dark Divide (Cormac and Amelia Story)” as Want to Read:
Dark Divide (Cormac and Amelia Story)

Dark Divide

(Cormac and Amelia)

In brand-new stories spun off from the New York Times Bestselling Kitty Norville series, dark mysteries push the bounds of sanity. Cormac Bennett, ex-con and former bounty hunter, is a paranormal investigator with an edge: his partner is the disembodied spirit of a Victorian wizard, Amelia Parker. Together, they solve problems no one else can.

They're asked to investigate
Published October 10th 2019 by Carrie Vaughn, LLC

Start your review of Dark Divide (Cormac and Amelia Story)
Stacey
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Loved visiting Cormac again and although there is another Cormac adventure next month it is not enough! I need this to be a regular thing :) Also really enjoyed that this adventure was tied into the Donner Party.
Darcy
The Kitty Norville books are one of my favorite series and a big part of that is due to Cormac. He definitely changed over the series, to the better for me. His unique relationship with Amelia makes me laugh. Somehow they are the same person, yet so different. So when I heard the author was writing shorts with Cormac and Amelia I knew I'd be reading these.

With this one you can see Cormac still struggling to find his place in the world, one where Amelia figures into things. Slowly but
Diane
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good, just a really dark subject. I love Cormac & Amelia, though!

Starvation, cannibalism, desperation to keep your children alive, however horrible the means ... the Donner Party tragedy, caused by human overconfidence and error, is grim, indeed. For a change, I guess I'm glad this story wasn't stretched beyond one hundred pages, because the starvation-theme details and events could only have gone darker.

When Cormac is called in to investigate an eerie — but possibly natural — death
Mary Heron
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for those who enjoyed Cormac from the Kitty Norville books.

With the end of the Kitty Norville series i worried we had seen the end of Cormac and Amelia so it's great to see them back in this short story. Cormac for this who don't know was a Hunter of supernatural brings his job to hunt them down and kill them, that is till he met Kitty and realised that being a Vampire or a Werewolf didn't necessarily make you evil. He worked with Kitty a few time on and on one of her investigations h
Michael D. Kanner
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Divide starts another great series from one of my favorite authors.

Vaughn sends the former werewolf hunter and his spiritual hitchhiker to investigate strange occurrences associated with the Donner Party. (Can a story about Colorado's own cannibal Alfred Packer be in the future?) You know evil is present with Cormac and Amelia on the hunt. As usual, Vaughn's description of the wilderness are brief, but with enough detail to envision the terrain.

Although they got their start in
annapi
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I enjoyed this spin-off from Vaughn's Kitty series, featuring the character of the ex-con ex-bounty hunter Cormac, who harbors in his mind the soul of a 19th century magic practitioner, Amelia. Cormac is now working as a paranormal detective, and is asked to investigate the mysterious death of a researcher in the Donner Pass, a man who has starved to death in a cabin well stocked with food.

While I prefer novel length stories, this novella is meaty enough to satisfy and does not feel
Thomas Stacey
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A return to Kitty-verse

I really enjoyed this and it great return to Carrie’s Kitty-verse. This story reminded me of why I love the Kitty series so much and again showed how Carrie finds interesting historical facts to spin stories out of along with writing great creepy, suspenseful horror when she chooses to.
Larisa
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook, own
Vaughn excels at place and settings being active characters in her stories. Denver, the West, London, wherever her stories are placed, they live and breathe, adding depth and nuance to the tale.

This novella is perfect for Halloween, and anytime for fans of the Kitty verse or Cormac and Amelia.
Warren
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Wonderfully well written story. It is great to read about Cormac and Amelia again. The mystery involving the Donner party and revelations was not one I saw coming. Enjoyable and engaging.
Sherri
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-owned
So good to be back in Kitty’s world. I have always loved Cormac and when he got Amelia I was totally fascinated. Great short story and I’m looking forward to the next one.
Amanda J
Kristin Sullivan
Nov 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Play Book Tag: Dark Divide by Carrie Vaughn - 4 stars 1 8 Oct 14, 2019 11:49PM

• Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)
  • Wolf's Bane (Otherworld: Kate and Logan, #1)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Wicked Wings (Lizzie Grace, #5)
  • Fallen (Alex Verus, #10)
  • The Vampire's Priceless Treasure (Nocturne Falls, #11)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Assisted Living (EarthCent Universe Book 2)
  • Witch Of The Federation III (Federal Histories, #3)
  • Shadow of Doubt (The Potentate of Atlanta, #1)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Eye Spy (Valdemar: Family Spies, #2)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • Grave Visions (Alex Craft, #4)
  • Sins of the Fathers (J.P. Beaumont #24)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Strangers in Court
Carrie Vaughn is best known for her New York Times bestselling series of novels about a werewolf named Kitty who hosts a talk radio show for the supernaturally disadvantaged. The fourteenth installment, Kitty Saves the World, was released in 2015. Her forthcoming novels include a near-Earth space opera, Martians Abroad, from Tor Books, and a post-apocalyptic murder mystery, Bannerless, from John J ...more

Cormac and Amelia (2 books)
  • Badlands Witch (Cormac and Amelia Story)