Jump to ratings and reviews

One Wild Wish #1

He's Going Down

A one-night stand goes wrong in this steamy and hilarious enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy!

It started as a normal birthday celebration.

Was there wine? Of course.
Did I let loose with my best friends? Absolutely.
Did I have one glass too many and follow a tattooed bad boy into a bar? Cue mortification.

I don’t do reckless, or wild nights of hot sex.

Correction: I didn’t used to. I also didn’t plan to drunk-email my boss and quit my soul-sucking job, leaving me in a financial mess.

But I'm churning those lemons into lemonade! I’m chasing my dream job handling wine at San Francisco’s hottest restaurant. But guess who shows up as my competition? None other than my tattooed bad decision.

Even worse, the mother-F-er smolders at me and says, “Six.”

Jimmy claims he gave me six orgasms, but I don’t remember our wild night, and I don't climax from oral. Pretty sure I’d recall if my body did the impossible and unraveled under his tongue.

I call him a liar. He calls me a challenge. I tell him this job is mine and he better watch out because he’s going down.

Which is exactly what he offers with that dirty mouth of his…

329 pages, Kindle Edition

First published September 27, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Kelly Siskind

18 books1,315 followers
Kelly Siskind writes romantic comedies and contemporary romance novels for daydreamers and fantasists everywhere. She lives in charming northern Ontario, where she alternatively frolics in and suffers through the never-ending winters.

When she’s not out hiking or home devouring books, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at www.kellysiskind.com and never miss a giveaway, a free bonus scene, or the latest news on her books.

Golden Heart® Finalist
Amazon Best Seller
Featured on the Apple Books Best Books of the Month list.

Where to find me:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kelly-Siskind/...

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/kelly...

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorKellyS...

Join Kelly's Gang on Facebook for exclusive giveaways and laughs: https://www.facebook.com/authorKellyS...

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kellysiskind/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KellySiskind?lang=en

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/kellysiskind/

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
56 (4%)
1 star
20 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 249 reviews
Profile Image for Brandi.
418 reviews58 followers
October 21, 2017
I frickin' loved this book. It was exactly what I was hoping it'd be: funny, sexy, entertaining, well-written, and with characters I want to be friends with. The plot was solid, and the details added really built the world for me.

But most of all, it was realistic. No insta-love, but a sweet fall on both sides that took time. I appreciated that, because there's something beautiful about those first initial feelings. I'm glad they weren't rushed.

Same for resolving their issues. I may not have totally agreed with the reasonings behind their choices, but the way Jimmy and Rachel handled their problems felt organic and plausible.

Add in wine, and I was a happy camper reading Legs. I didn't want it to end, but there is a silver lining -- this author has a back catalog to tide me over until book two in this trilogy comes out! Thank you, Big Bird.

5 stars
Profile Image for Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews] .
269 reviews166 followers
August 18, 2020
R A T I N G: 4 stars to He's Going Down! ★ ★ ★ ★

‘We could share our hopes and dreams all we wanted, but the ugly truth was the iron that branded lovers.’

“What’s stopping you, Ray? Because this quote…” I gestured to the one above her head: Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star. ~ W. Clement Stone. “How do you know I’m not that star? I’m burning pretty hot for you. What’s to say I’m not the thing you’ve been missing?”

‘But Rachel and me—we were legendary.’

I can’t speak for the value of a decadent wine, but I can speak for the value of a good book and a story that serves us with a kindred indulgence as any fine wine might. A story of ripe wine and riper possibilities. Sip, swig or guzzle, you’re guaranteed to taste the flavours of this solid, superbly written contemporary romance! I don’t know why I took to long to read this!

Rachel Kates is perhaps the lady of ultimate startovers. Restive and ropey with the job-hopping mess that is her professional life, she burns through each one like a job in itself, while every potential career choice lies in waste in her wake. As the clock winds down on her 27th birthday, she makes a well-meaning wish, a resolution to finally pursue her passion - whatever that may be because this little lady certainly is adrift in the pool of professional life - and drag her life yet again into another direction, one finally and hopefully worth it, she says with fingers crossed.

Her life built on the fundamental need to tick boxes and fill the awaiting mold of acceptance, her behaviour built to please…just not herself. Rachel is a character lost in a lot of ways, explicitly visible through her fretful, fidgety search in life, her pernickety desire for structure and her indefinite pursuits that have her chasing her own feet in circles, trying to find the hand that makes her tick and the minute that everything will fall into place.

Rough and tumble Jimmy Giannopoulos presents an opportunity to challenge all of that, challenge her inhibitions, a lit match to her modesty and a means to tap into the wild parts of reckless Rachel. Rachel doesn’t remember the fine details of her, apparently, enthusiastic night with bad boy Jimmy, a wild escapade that leaves no residue in her mind, but the marks and scuffs of a night well-used, without the complete and satisfying memory of a night lost to passion, but dread soon sweeps up any good her boldness might have influenced when her outrageousness has her looking for yet again another job.

The one time she lets her inner devil loose and her intoxicated mind robs her of the will to remember. Least of her worries though. This is when the title of the book comes in to play when both Jimmy and Rachel are set to compete for the same role in a Sommelier contest, but the actual competitiveness is tongue-in-cheek, nothing too serious but more a way to spend time to taunt and tease. This couple are a fresh breath of warm air. Their romance is sweet, witty, warm, saucy, feel-good and downright riveting. Both attractive characters, both smart and engaging, and this story crafts the perfect stage for them to dally!

Jimmy and Rachel are very similar in some ways, the big difference being that Jimmy has already shed an imposter’s skin in favour of a Harley between his legs and tattoos to decorate his skin - he knows who he is now, comfortable in his identity, not one to conform. Rachel though is still fettered to the almighty road of familial expectation, not yet appreciating the value of her own individuality, this time being an exploratory time for her, with Jimmy more than happy to let his Harley lead the way.

For many, it takes a little longer to find a purpose, and this is Rachel in a nutshell. Any accomplishment is in the trying itself so I don’t agree with her label of ‘failure’. She’s so much more than that. She’s strong and driven, it was only her disbelief and silenced personality that held her back. Her identity is called out for her to question and assess, Jimmy being the perfect companion to help her unwind and find, shall we say. But this story isn’t all about Rachel…

Since his fall from family and trade Jimmy has played the part of indifference, his roots written off without realising just how much he’s actually puppeteered by his past. What we have here are two people making marks on each others’ lives while the gashes of the past persist into the pockets of the present day, both lodged in their respectable cycles.

It’s always the luck of the draw with romance reads. I really never know how they’ll turn out.
This one was a great pick from the draw! Another author to add to my list of fine wine romantic fiction. I’m definitely excited to have a deeper gander into Kelly Siskind’s work! I love my male heroes to encompass the nuances of naughty and nice and that’s what I got with Jimmy. He was a great lead! Paired with Rachel and they are a match made to master life as well as any questionable wine while their darker parts fade and heal with confrontation and acceptance.

There were some instances of telling and not showing which I’m not a fan of and I did think there were some overlooked choices, that the story could have fleshed itself out a bit more to really push it into an indispensable rom com sensation, but still absolutely well-worth it.

‘He’s Going Down’ comes with familial ties, broken ones and otherwise, the ups and downs of adult life, memorably tied with history, fear and misplaced identity. The emancipating call of self-acceptance and chasing dreams, paths chosen, yet to find and left behind. A story that reads convincingly and is really well researched. Every time a glass of wine was tasted and savoured with unctuous notes I wanted my own glass of liquid delight to relish. A bartender who rides his Harley to outrun history, blistered by a trail of broken relationships and a questioning good girl, ready to blossom, from a place of passion, like the ripest of grape pickings.

A flavoursome romance that hits the notes with superb writing, a distaste for rule-following, and a pursuit for happiness in life while passion floodlights the real fire. ‘A nose for wine and a drive to win’ is a quote in the book and I think it excellently illustrates this story.

Trigger Warning: A few descriptive sex scenes and minimal swearing.

----------------------------------------------
Visit my blog for more reviews: V.L. Book Reviews
T W I T T E R: @VicariousHearts
I N S T A G R A M: @Vicarious.Hearts

--------------------------------------

S O M E - F A V O U R I T E - Q U O T E S
Profile Image for Bookgasms Book Blog.
2,717 reviews1,268 followers
August 6, 2017
I was lucky enough to get my hands on an early copy of this book and I enjoyed every second I got to spend with Rachel and Jimmy in Legs. I felt like this was hands down the most sensual book Kelly Siskind has written yet - between the lush and vivid world of wine and viticulture to the simmering steady burn between Rachel and Jimmy - it was impossible not to lose my heart (and occasionally my breath) from this sexy, smart, wholly consuming story.

As always, I was so completely drawn into the storytelling here. I love how Ms. Siskind weaves humor and playfulness into emotionally heavy storylines offering a balance between heavy and light that basically hits a sweet spot in my heart every time. I loved that there was so much more than a love story going on here - this book eloquently touches on the complications of family dynamics, the struggle of feeling lost in the vastness of the world, and the way a simple human connection can feel so much like coming home. There's also a very very slight mystical touch at play here - adding a fun sort of twist to the story.

As for Rachel and Jimmy? I adored them. These are not caricatures of people - they were incredibly multi-faceted and felt so real to me. They were both strong and smart and dead sexy (their chemistry -- oof! Off the charts!). I am having a hard time deciding over who I want to gush about more because there truly is so much to love about both of them. They both captured my heart in a way that I wasn't really expecting, and the mark they've left on it won't be fading anytime soon.

This was the perfect way to lose a day - wrapped up in this seductive and satisfying love story. And can I tell you how excited I am that this is the first in a new series? I'm definitely all-in for more from these fantastic, fascinating characters! ~ Shelly, 5 Stars

Profile Image for Anna lost in stories *A*.
1,021 reviews166 followers
February 7, 2021
After reading and absolutely loving the second book in this series a while ago, I was curious if it was just a coincidence, or if this author might be someone I should keep an eye out for ;) so I went back to the first book and damn… I loved it :) Rachel and Jimmy were such an interesting duo… I remembered them from that second book already as a couple, so it was really fun to see how they got there… I’m gonna have to read more of her books to confirm my theory, but so far, Kelly Siskind seems like the perfect author for me… she writes about adults handling things like adults… as in, yes, we can argue and have conflicts… people have pasts and that baggage can influence our decisions and all that, but… I loved how they talked with each other… how each of them were dealing with their own issues… it was just a really well written contemporary romance :) I highly recommend it for you if you like your romances when they deal with a bit more serious topics but still have a lot of humor and great chemistry :)

XOXO

A
Profile Image for Heather Fleet.
Author 17 books424 followers
August 5, 2017
GUYS.

Have you ever read a book that sticks with you for days, months, or years to come? LEGS is that book for me. Seriously. I read an early version of this smart, sexy romance, and haven't been able to get it out of my head since. I adored it beyond what's probably healthy. The setting was unique, the romance between Jimmy and Rachel was off the charts sexy, not to mention incredibly real, and there was so much fun to be had between these pages that I read it in a matter of hours. Kelly is a masterful story teller, and this book proves just that. HIGHLY rec it.
Profile Image for Rê .
455 reviews56 followers
October 25, 2017

4 “Talk dirty to me” Stars

ARC provided by the author

Thank you!!!

(For some reason, I forgot to post this on Goodreads back when I read it, but here it is now!)

New Kelly Siskind book? Of course I was immediately in, and I’m so glad I got the chance to read this.

If you have read this author’s previous works, you’ll know she always finds a way to insert humor in her swoony, sexy stories, and Legs is no different. There are some pretty funny situations featured in this book, and an overall “feel good”, “keep smiling while you read” vibe to it.

Something else that won’t be lacking in Kelly Siskind’s love stories is sexy times. Lots of it. Whether the characters are actually doing it or simply looking at each other, you’ll get the sexy vibe and it’ll leave you breathless.

The chemistry between Rachel and Jimmy was craaazyyy (BTW, if you haven’t already, go read Chasing Crazy, this author’s debut). From the moment they met, which was hilarious, these two were on fire.

I have to confess I had a “WTF” moment when Rachel and Jimmy’s first time (no spoilers, since the blurb calls Jimmy her one-night stand) faded to black. One part of me was sort of glad that I didn’t see it because I’m not a fan of characters getting to it in the first few chapters. I like my angst, slow burn and tension, thank you very much. But another part was seriously wondering why this author wasn’t using her great sex-scene writing powers. Then, one I realized the fade to black helped the character’s arc AND kept the tension between them, I was thankful the author chose that path.

And let me tell you about that tension. While Rachel did her best to avoid falling back into bad-boy, tattooed, Mom-will-never-approve Jimmy’s bed, he didn’t give up. The man was relentless in a dirty-talking way. Dude, that man’s dirty mouth.

description

I can’t even tell you how much my love for Jimmy grew every time he opened his mouth. LOL.

Anyway.

Another super positive aspect of Legs was its focus on wine as the connecting theme between the characters. I confess I know nothing about wine, but I love drinking it, so I was happy to learn a little bit more about it.

description

Rachel and Jimmy’s passion for wine bled through the pages, but didn’t take over the story in a way that pushed the romance or their individual subplots aside. In fact, it helped connect all those elements. Wine was a part of Jimmy’s arc with his family and Rachel’s search for a fulfilling career. It was also what brought those two together.

In the end, Legs only proved that I did right when I rushed to request Kelly Siskind’s new book. This author balances the right amount of heat, romance and humor in her stories, creating the kind of romance books I fall hard for.
Profile Image for Cheryl O'Harney.
1,077 reviews14 followers
October 8, 2017
*This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads*

Title: Legs
Author: Kelly Siskind
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 4/5

Well first thing’s first this book was like my own little vision of heaven it had wine and it had a sexy, tattooed, pierced man with a rather dirty talking mouth on him, what more could a woman want?

I’ll be honest I’d never heard of Kelly Siskind before but I’m glad I had the opportunity to read one of her books, this may have been the first by her I’ve read but it won’t be my last I loved her style of writing and she has a way with words everything was so detailed, she brought the book to life.

Legs was an intense and emotional read yet at the same time it was filled with humour, there was plenty of laugh out loud moments and it was about more than just sex there was love and romance.

The two main protagonists Rachel and Jimmy had amazing chemistry going on between them it was off the charts and it was great as well as entertaining being part of the journey seeing their relationship progress. A brilliant storyline with great banter that will have you laughing out loud, the secondary characters were highly entertaining and I look forward to seeing what’s in-store next, Legs was a brilliant start to what I’m positive is going to be a great series.
Profile Image for Shannon Moore.
370 reviews145 followers
November 14, 2017
***Keep in mind I read this 2 months ago, just totally forgot to post my review on here. It was on the blog and well, I'm a idiot sometimes.***

I’m not sure if it’s the weather, my mood, the seasons changing or what but man, I am just not in the mood to read. Usually I’d be the person reading anywhere from two to five books in a week, just because there are so many stories out there that I want to read. But these days? I’m lucky to finish one book a week and actually be exciting about it. I’m in such a funk! And I’m grumpy about it too! I can’t seem to focus on what I’m reading, I’m not becoming immersed in the stories and I can’t seem to shut my brain off enough to actually enjoy the book I pick up. Just to put this in a little bit of perspective, between ARCs and whatnot, at the end August I started a series that I’m in LOVE with. It’s 12 books long and I’m halfway done. I can’t even be bothered right now to start book 7 because I just simply don’t want to read right now. I don’t know where this mood came from but I really hope it goes away soon. It’s annoying AF to me and not really fair to the few ARCs I have left before my fall reading break (real life gets super busy in the fall). So, keep that in mind and please take this rating with a grain of salt.

So with this being said, I just couldn’t get into this story. But duh, that’s my issue. The characters didn’t grab me, the heroine seemed extremely naive at times, the plot which I figured I would be enamoured with just felt okay, and I feel like an overall crappy person for not liking this. I 100% believe that this is a case of me, not you. I see all of the good pieces of this book, I can see the merit in the relationship between these characters. The writing, in true Kelly fashion, is superb and the unique element of a wine contest is bursting with originality. But yet I’m over here rolling around on the ground like a slug because I feel like doing that instead of reading. Dear God. Can you read too much? Have I broken myself?

I applaud Kelly for the amount of research and knowledge she has/gained in order to make this book successful. And no, I’m not just talking about drinking a lot of wine, though I’m sure that was also quite taxing. But the amount of knowledge on grapes, regions, smells, high notes, and the different fruit/vegetable/spice etc. influences on each type of wine was quite impressive. Even one of the lessons that the characters used to help decipher flavours was amazing! I’m not even a wine drinker, but I feel the need to right now open a bottle. Maybe that’ll help my issues.

On a separate but not unrelated note, thank the lord for piercings.
That’s all.

On an additional separate note, I worry about this author watching the Discovery Channel because OMG even I was cringing! Candiru, ewwww! Not cool missy! That was terrifying. Hilarious, but cringeworthy goodness all wrapped into one. And a perfect way to scare off guys at the bar, might I add. I may be stealing this little fun fact.

Oh and that little twist at the end? Ha! That snuck up on me big time. One of my favourite pastimes is trying to guess plot devices or twists in the story (because I’m a horrible person, obviously), and I wasn’t even close on this one. That shocked me in a very good way.

So basically what I’m getting at is even though I’m currently a grumpy hag who wants nothing to do with the words, you should ultimately ignore everything I say and go read some other reviews for this book instead. I’m sure they’re much better.

*An ARC was received in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Leila.
408 reviews74 followers
November 17, 2019
3.75 Sunshine Chardonnay stars!

Rounding up to 4 stars because I really enjoyed the storyline.

For my birthday weekend, I tried to find a romance book with a birthday theme...which is harder than you'd think! Someone needs to make a list of 'birthday romance' books on here. What I found was this charming romantic comedy.

Our story starts out with Rachel and her birthday-twin friends (you just know that the other books in this series will be about their stories) having a night out on the town to celebrate their birthdays. Right before midnight, they each made a birthday wish, a resolution that they promised to try and fulfill before their next birthday. While at the bar, she attracted the attention of our tattooed bad boy, Jimmy, and there their story begins with Rachel letting go and allowing herself to have one night, no strings, with Jimmy. ;)

I really liked Rachel! She was sassy, witty, smart, honest and loyal. She's still trying to find her perfect job/place in the world, one that would make her life more fulfilling. She fought her attraction to Jimmy, not because she didn't think they worked well together, but because she feared he wouldn't be accepted by her family.

Jimmy was pretty darned close to making it onto the book boyfriend list. A broody broken hero, who feels like he has no one in the world to fight for him. He's still dealing with being cut off from his family and dropped by his fiancee.

Jimmy's focus lingered on my face. He had deep blue eyes with hints of steel. Intense eyes. I liked the attention, enjoyed our flirtatious joking and our proximity, how his body heat mingled with mine. I liked it all too much.

I loved the banter, the sexual tension and chemistry between these two! They are pitted against each other as competitors in a sommelier competition and Jimmy does everything to remind her of their one night together to throw her off her game. He is quite the dirty talker! *fans self* Their relationship that developed felt so natural, I'm thankful that there was no ott drama, and the conflict that they faced was believable.

The main focus in this story was their love of wine, Rachel because it connects her to the father that she lost a few years ago and Jimmy because he grew up on a winery and became a master sommelier. I'm not a wine drinker, so much of the descriptions and names of wines went straight over my head, but I appreciated learning them nonetheless.

My only complaint, and the reason for dropping a star, is that I'm not a huge fan of KS' writing style. It felt truncated, the sentences sometimes too short, and it felt quite jarring at times.
Profile Image for J. R..
96 reviews1 follower
August 9, 2017
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC of this book. Kelly Siskind is one of my favorite romance authors and this one solidifies her place as my all-time one-click! If you love well-developed vibrant characters with sparking sexual tension and fun snappy dialogue, then look no further than Kelly Siskind. There are so many things to love about this book. A fun heroine. Fantastic sexual tension. And the setting. I mean, there's wine. And good times. And oh my god, Jimmy: Strong and intelligent, and knows how to make a girl swoon and turn her into a puddle of Rosé. She will appeal to fans of Penny Reid and Alice Clayton's Nuts.
Profile Image for Kristin Wright.
Author 3 books218 followers
September 27, 2017
I was lucky enough to get to read an early copy of this superhot romance. I've read all of Kelly Siskind's romances and this one did not disappoint. The main characters have electric chemistry, and I loved the premise with the wine competition and that they have that separate love in common. Fair warning: I needed a fan while I read this story, especially in THAT ONE SCENE.

Loved this story. This author delivers on the romance promise, over and over. I'm looking forward to the sequels to this one: there are plenty of characters I'd like to see get their own stories!

MMMMMM.
Profile Image for aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog.
416 reviews281 followers
September 18, 2017

Wow! Legs by Kelly Siskind is a true definition of simplicity is beauty! Lawd I was so drunk with Jimmy and Rachel that I was still hungover days after. I love it. It was sooo good that I could still taste it in my lips. Kelly is one hell of a talented writer and it showed in her words and lines of this book.

It's been a while since I last read a book from Kelly. The moment I saw Legs , I almost begged her for an ARC. I missed her writing style and I missed her words. The moment it hit my reader, I devoured the book and finished it in one sitting. The blurb had me stat and the cover more than piqued my interest. It was just sooo good that I was hooked immediately. It might be insta-love on my part but who cares? I enjoyed the book and I had so much fun and that's what matters. So bear with me as this review will be quick. Regardless on how much I wanted to tell you all about Jimmy and Rachel, I want you to read it and be the judge.

Legs, just like any other Kelly Siskind book is a light hearted read with angst-ish scenes and swoon-worthy moments. Sprinkled with the right amount of heat and heart, coupled with laugh out loud scenes and witty banters the book and Kelly nailed it to my list of perfect weekend read. It was refreshing and to be honest, I read it three times because I just want to relive every moment with them. I can't help it. I adored the characters because each have their own "character" that shined from within. I connected with them easily too that every conversation just flowed flawlessly. With Kelly's writing style that's easy to get into, I have loved the book more than I thought possible.

Like a great wine, I savoured Legs and never did I gulp it. It wasn't the most unique book I have ever read, but I bet you Legs is a story you can connect to immediately. Start to finish the connection never waned, just like an aged wine, it gets better and better.
Profile Image for Reads & Reviews.
647 reviews14 followers
October 2, 2017
Last year’s Over the Top series from Kelly Siskind was one of my favorites, Kolton and Shay from My Perfect Mistake a couple that stole my heart, but I believe Siskind may have out did herself with Legs. Billed as “romantic comedy” Legs is so much more with unexpected depth and characters that touch your heart.

Plus, there’s wine.

Legs starts as a fairly typical bad boy/good girl romance. Jimmy is all tattoos and messy hair with a few well-placed piercings. Rachel wears conservative clothing and makes sure her pens are lined up just right. He’s a bartender that makes sure his one-night stands have a good time. She reviews for exams while having sex and has flitted from job to job since graduating from college. He hates his family. She’ll do anything for hers. Talk about opposites attracting.

But…

Deep down, Rachel and Jimmy are searching for the same thing. At the same time, they both need someone who will challenge them, give them the thing they didn’t know they needed. I loved the dichotomy between these two characters, one who knows exactly who he is, the other pretending to be anyone but who she is deep down, yet both are lost.

Rachel is another of Kelly Siskind’s fantastic heroines. I could easily relate to her as a daughter who wants to make her parents happy and as a person who is searching for her place in the world. Even her awkwardness with dating and sex felt familiar. She’s also funny and knows her wine. Jimmy just bowled me over. First, he enters the book with maybe the best physical description ever. I was swooning in my seat. Think Jax Teller with Jon Snow’s hair. I was screaming “WHY???” along with Rachel’s friends when she sent him packing following an offer to buy her a drink. But, it’s what’s underneath that really drew me to Jimmy. Below the surface, Jimmy is heartbroken. In one fell swoop he lost his family and the woman he loved. He lost his identity, despite finding a way to express himself outwardly.

Let’s talk about wine for a second…

It’s wine that draws these two together, even more than their combustible attraction. Siskind clearly did her research on viticulture and wine tasting. There were moments that I actually could taste the wine on my tongue, images of berries and oak barrels floating through my mind. I’m more of a red wine fan and usually don’t drink Chardonnay, but seriously considered giving it one more try just based on Siskind’s descriptions.

But, back to Rachel and Jimmy…

Through flirty banter, incredible sex, and deep love for wine, they find their way into each other’s hearts. They had me laughing one minute, my heart wrenching the next. I absolutely love a book that dishes out angst by the spoonful, making me feel everything. Legs does this and more. And, while this is a romance first and foremost, there’s a wonderful story about family entrenched in Legs that I adored. This really takes Siskind to the next level in her writing and I cannot wait for book two, Stud, in this new series of hers!

4.5 Stars for Legs. Heat level: 4

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for honest feedback.
Profile Image for Vanessa.
594 reviews
September 27, 2017
I don't know anything about wine other than I don't like it. The writing in this book was so good that it made me wish that I liked wine. I want a bad boy with some souvlaki as well! Jimmy and Rachel were wonderful and made me believe in true love. This is a new to me author but I plan to dive into the follow-up book when it's available. I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book.
Profile Image for Dee Montoya.
942 reviews571 followers
October 30, 2017
3.5 Stars****

Legs is a charming story, about a woman named Rachel who is perpetually looking for who and what she really wants to be in life. She’s twenty seven now and has had more careers than she can count. Always scare to disappoint her parents, she’s lived her life to please others instead of herself. When she meets Jimmy at a club, the last thing she wants to admit to herself is that she is insanely attracted to the tattooed, sexy, rugged man that he is. Jimmy has sexy piercings everywhere and a commanding attitude to go with his bad boy looks, not really the guy you take home to meet mom.

But for both of these characters, there’s more to them that meets the eye. They have more in common than they thought and their chemistry is hot, hot, hot.

Rachel has two best friends that are hilarious. When they are out together drinking, talking about men and sex, is not only fun to read,, but easy to relate to.

I thought this book was a light and enjoyable read.
Profile Image for Ana Rita.
1,522 reviews30 followers
October 2, 2017
Yep I think I'm almost insane, almost...
I have been thinking how I got so involved with this book wold and I just can't come up with an explanation nor do I want it... Ah ah ah. I love this world and can't get enough of it.
Another new author and I'm so glad I took the time to read her book.
Kelly Siskind's writing is sassy, hot and intense as hell.
Legs is her latest release and what a name is this?? Jesus... What a cover...
This book explores the lifes of Rachel and Jimmy.
Rachel made a wish that she would find the job of her dreams and be happy with it. But after drinking way to much not only does she ends her career but also gets involved with a bad boy. But this was just the push she needed to open her own winery and becoming a well known Sommelier.
Jimmy was set up to take charge of his family winery but he had other plans that made him change his mind. After that, he planned to win a local sommelier contest but he wasn't expecting his opponent to be his one night stand.
And know that all cats are out of the bag what will happen??
This book not only was sexy as hell but also super funny. I can assure you that I know a little bit more about wines that I knew before reading it. Lol.
The plot is amazing and hot and the interaction between the characters was so funny and intense.
I'm amazed by the way the story progressed and let's just say that I couldn't put it down. I couldn't do it but I didn't wanted it to end so soon. Why???
I loved every word, every chapter and the hot scenes are to die for.
I'm amazed by everything.
Jesus Kelly if your other books are like this one you need to sign me up to read them. Oh boy... I need a cold shower. And now I need to know when will we get the other books from this series ready??
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
10.9k reviews130 followers
October 5, 2017
Rachel is a good girl who tries to not rock the boat, so it's kind of left her floating along aimlessly in life. She's definitely not one to drink a ton of wine, go home with a bad boy to hook up, and send her boss a drunk email that may showcase her assets, yet that's exactly what happened. It's a miracle that she barely remembers that night thankfully. Jimmy had a falling out with his family, on top of a bad break up that has left him swimming in unchartered waters. His recent super hot one night stand won't leave his mind, but there were no names passed, so when he runs into his dirty princess at a wine tasting contest, he isn't going to let her get away this time. However, the contest is high stakes, and he has to win, but so does she. I'm leaving off with that, as frankly, you will just have to tune in to see how it all pans out. And trust me, you don't want to miss it, as Legs was a story that initially intrigued me, but then shocked me when I couldn't get enough of it. Kelly Siskind is entertainly original with her extremely talented writing style that kept me fully captivated, on the edge of my seat with push & pull, hot flashing sexy times, and hysterical banter that kept me laughing hard. While Jimmy and Rachel were awesome, the very entertaining cast of secondaries added even more to this awesome goodness. So let me wrap this gush fest up with just saying, don't waste time, GO and get this fantastic story asap, as I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ALL!
Profile Image for Ri.
4,964 reviews
September 13, 2017
Legs is the first book that I have read by Kelly Siskind. I am not sure how or why that is even possible. A book about two of of my three favorite things ; Wine, Coffee, and hot dirty talking men. In this case, she was only missing the coffee but I forgive her for that because holy titfire did she deliver on the rest. This book was decadent and full bodied. Her research on wine and the descriptions left me able to taste them. Do you know how hard that is to be able to close your eyes and taste/smell the wine with just words? JUST WORDS. Truly a gift.

Rachel. I loved everything about her. I could relate to her. I know what it is like to flit around from job to job searching for that spark. Her relationships with her mother and her sisters is endearing. Her friends were a hoot. I am so thankful that there is going to be stories about them too. Even her relationship with George was endearing. She truly was Sunshine like Jimmy called her.

Jimmy. Sweet sex on a stick. His dirty talking mouth. His knowledge of wine. His heartache over the decisions that had led him to this point of his life. His wild bad boy, tattoed, pierced, personna just serve to remind us not to judge a book by its cover. When he was reminding Rachel of their first six times I wanted to lick him. Or clone him. Or even bottle him up and savor him on numerous occasions. He was that delectable. /swoon.

This might have been my first read by Kelly, but I can assure you that it will not be my last. I adored everything about this book. I voluntarily reviewed a free advance copy of this book as provided by the author. The opinions expressed are my own and I have not been compensated.
Profile Image for Shannon.
2,269 reviews160 followers
January 11, 2018
4.5*

Oh how I loved Jimmy! He is just delicious! And Rachel is so relatable and real- even at my age I still sometimes feel like I'm floundering. I definitely felt her pain when it came to figuring out what she wanted to do with her life- I'm still wondering!
Jimmy was so great for Rachel, with the way he was able to make her see her true self- the one she's kind of kept buried because of who she thought she was supposed to be. She really came into her own over the course of the book. And Rachel was great for Jimmy as well, getting him to see a different side of things when it came to certain aspects of his life.
These two had such great chemistry.

I really loved Jimmy and Rachel's story. It was entertaining, swoony, frustrating, tense, all in all completely charming! The whole wine country aspect of it was really interesting and fun, and educating as well. I enjoyed getting to know Rachel's friends and can't wait for their stories!
Profile Image for Jen (That's What I'm Talking About).
1,441 reviews255 followers
October 23, 2017
Legs is the delightful and heart-felt start to Kelly SIskind’s new One Wild Wish series. Bringing wit, a strong female lead, and a whole lot of heart to this first book, Ms. Siskind has once again created a world and group of friends I would love to be part of. At times I was laughing out loud, while sniffling during others. Set in and around the wine country of Northern California, Rachel and Jimmy meet when she shouts an embarrassing statement just as the music stops at the nightclub where she is celebrating her birthday with her BFFs. Soon the two are vying for the same sommelier position in a silly contest. What starts out as playful flirtation, turns into a intoxicating love affair, one that pushes comfort zones and tests the heart.

Jimmy is a powerful man who owns his emotions, even when they get a bit out of control. Having been hurt by his family and the woman he was set to marry, Jimmy is slow to trust and isn’t looking for the sunshine Rachel brings into his life. Meanwhile, Rachel is so scared of disappointing her mother again, that she’s living an unfulfilling life and playing it safe. Jimmy shows her that it’s okay to be who she really is inside, but she often lets her fears keep him at arm’s length. I enjoyed watching the pair come together. I loved how Jimmy realizes what Rachel means to him and works hard to bring her around. Yet when he makes mistakes, it’s bad. However, between Rachel’s kind and forgiving heart and Jimmy’s own insight, the pair can move past hurts towards a better future.

The story takes some ups and downs as it progresses to its HEA. One of the lows is near the beginning, after the pair’s initial hookup. *potential spoiler alert* Rachel was so inebriated that doesn’t recall their marathon all-nighter. *end spoiler* This situation is used by Jimmy to taunt and tease Rachel, and I was a little uncomfortable with the entire situation. However, Ms. Siskind spins it in such a way that eventually worked for me as it progressed. Additionally, there is a twist in the later part of the book that at first had me thinking “really?” but as it moved forward, once again worked out. I like that the author could put me in uncomfortable situations and then bring me around to embrace my feelings, making the highs feel that much lighter.

In the end, I loved Rachel and Jimmy and really enjoyed reading Legs. They each feel and experience so much, shared through inner thoughts and private moments. I delighted in watching them work out demons and move forward together.

My Rating: A- Enjoyed A Lot
Review copy provided by author
Originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About
Profile Image for Kim.
2,435 reviews378 followers
October 4, 2017
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Since I first discovered Kelly, thanks to one of my author friends recommending Chasing Crazy to me, I've devoured each new book she's published. I've loved them all. I had pretty high hopes for Legs and it exceeded them all. It was hot, sweet and hit me in the feels a couple times.

I adored Rachel pretty much immediately. Right from the opening scene in the bar, to be honest. It was easy to connect with and relate to Rachel. Who hasn't felt (more than) a little lost in this world at some time? Especially with regards to their career and what they're doing with their life? And with a love life full of failure? I certainly have. I also loved her friendship with Gwen and Ainsley. (Kelly writes great friendships, yo.) Jimmy was a little tougher character. Thankfully we spend roughly half the book in his head, so I felt more of a connection to him than I might've if I didn't have his perspective. He was a great guy, he just frustrated a little me at times. Of course, he'd been through some crap in his past and I can't exactly blame him for his trust issues.

Rachel and Jimmy had one heck of a meet cute and it left me literally laughing out loud and dying of embarrassment for her simultaneously. It's just the type mortifyingly embarrassing thing that would happen to me. Their attraction and chemistry was immediate and things hit the ground running pretty quickly. Of course, it was only supposed to be a one night stand... Isn't that what they always say? :) Instead, they find themselves face-to-face again in a wine tasting contest and it's hard to ignore that intense chemistry they had from the start. What ensues is a sensual journey that would ultimately change both of them for good. (And it was super freaking sexy. *fans self*)

I loved Legs. While I have been known to drink a glass — or bottle — of wine, I'm far from an expert. I mean, my go to wine is a $6 bottle of Barefoot Riesling, sooooo... I do have just enough interest in wine, however, that it made the secondary story of the wine tasting contest really intriguing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading along as they went through the contest. Mostly, though, I loved how the relationship between Rachel and Jimmy and the personal growth that occurred for each of them along the way. Legs was a fun and sexy book that gave me a few of the feels I so desperately want when I read. I adored the secondary characters and I can't wait to see where the One Wild Wish series takes each of them. I'll be waiting with grabby hands until I get to read the next book.

I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

FAVORITE QUOTES

"I'm taking a dating sabbatical myself."
"To focus on work?"
"Because I'm an asshole magnet."

"The first step to owning your sexuality is by using words like pussy. Your mother can't hear you. Her head will not explode."

"What's your poison?"
"Apparently dangerous men I don't know, but I'll have a glass of the Lynmar Pinot."
Profile Image for Pamela Greving.
125 reviews
October 2, 2017
Rachel is a nut. She hates her job, but loves her friends...and wine....a lot of wine. The trouble is anything over 3 glasses and you don't know what kind of Rachel you will get. On her birthday, while out with friends, Rachel encounters Bad Boy (Jimmy) after more than 3 glasses of wine ;) I'm sure you can see where this is going. Let's just say, soon after this the path Rachel's life was headed, changes direction 360 degrees!

Jimmy (aka Bad Boy) decides to place a bet with Rachel. The trouble is, Rachel doesn't exactly remember the details of bet. Jimmy's mission is to help her remember.

I really liked Legs, it was funny and light. There were some conflicts here and there, but nothing that drug the book down or took away from the lightheartedness. The banter between Rachel and Jimmy was the best! The nicknames and the word games they played had me in fits. Even the relationship advice and the friendship between Gwen, Ainsley, and Rachel had it's own brand of humor. I loved that Legs was written from both main character's POVs, it made it even better when they argued or bantered back and forth.

4.5 Stars for Legs!
Profile Image for Brandy Roberts.
2,028 reviews46 followers
September 26, 2017
I really enjoyed Legs it would be my first story written by Kelly Siskind and plan on it not being my last . Rachel and Jimmy are perfect for one another the way the author connects them is perfectly done . Can't wait to read whats to come .
copy provided for honest review
****************************************
cover = 10 stars = 4 author = 8
would I recommend this book = yes
would I re read this book = yes
would I read future books by this author = yes
Profile Image for Faith89 .
2,266 reviews41 followers
September 30, 2017
received copy for review
Bold sexy story with real characters. Rachel and Jimmy both are struggling with some baggage. Rachel can't figure out what she wants to be when she grows up. She has numerous degrees and certificates and goes from job to job trying different things. She has a contentious yet loving relationship with her mother. Jimmy is on the outs with his family. He feels betrayed and abandoned by them. They enter a sommelier competition. Jimmy wants to destroy his family and Rachel kind of finds her calling. We get a lot of wine lingo and sexual innuendos the chemistry between the two is off the charts. Even with all this going on, the author manages to give a bit of humor. Good start to a new series.
Profile Image for ❤SanaReads❤.
1,069 reviews62 followers
March 26, 2018
3,5 ⭐s

“I don’t deal well with cocky men who talk to mask their incompetence.” “If you remembered our night, you’d know my cockiness is justified.”

This was my fourth book by author Kelly Siskind and I must admit that it was as funny and light-hearted as her previous books.

I so much enjoyed the banter between Rachel and Jimmy and though the story wasn't that intense and most of the events revolved around wine tasting, Legs was an enjoyable read.
Profile Image for nick (the infinite limits of love).
2,119 reviews1,325 followers
November 23, 2017

I knew I loved Kelly Siskind’s writing and books, but I didn’t realize just how much until I had the opportunity to read Legs. This is the sort of romance that I love to devour. It’s got so many great elements that make it pure fun to read from start to finish. I mean I was already a fan of Kelly’s, but after this, I’m pretty much a super fan! 🙂

Rachel, the heroine, is a blast! I loved being inside of her head. She’s going through a bit of a tough time not knowing exactly what she wants to do with her life – she waffled between multiple career paths, not quite happy with any of her options. I connected with that aspect of her personality as I too went through something similar a couple of years back. She’s very genuine as a person, and witty and simply just personable. So, it’s easy to root for Rachel and her happiness. Jimmy is the perfect companion for someone like Rachel. He is also going through a major rift in his life, namely estrangement from his family, but he channels all his disappointment into determination and hard work. Just as Rachel, Jimmy is also an easygoing character, who settles in your heart. His story is heartbreaking when you think about it, and you’ll be left wanting to give him a cuddle. Sure he also has his alpha-side to him, especially with that dirty mouth of his, but it’s his vulnerabilities that make him easy to warm up to. Kelly Siskind writes multidimensional characters who you actually wish were real, and Jimmy and Rachel attest to that.

The two of them go on a journey in Legs, discovering a lot about each other along the way. It’s entertaining to read the back and forth dialogue between these two, and the scorching chemistry only served to heighten their connection for them. The romance starts off with a one-night stand that Rachel can’t remember, but that undeniably rocked her world. It’s a lot fun watching these two dance around each other, become friends, and eventually more as the story progresses. The banter itself deserves its own paragraph, but I won’t bore you with that. You should experience that all on your own! The backdrop of the sommelier contest was a unique element to Legs. Kelly Siskind clearly knows her wine, and even though I’m not a wine connoisseur, the author had me salivating wanting to try everything she described in Legs! There’s also great female friendships depicted in Legs. Rachel’s BFFs are a hoot, and honestly, I’d read a book that’s just about them teasing each other. They have a terrific dynamic between them, and I’m so excited that the two girls will also be getting their books!

Legs is the perfect sort of read if you’re looking for a romance novel that will take your mind off things while you root for two fantastic characters. I highly recommend this one! While you’re reading it, I’ll be eagerly anticipating the next book out soon!
Profile Image for Michelle.
Author 22 books438 followers
October 3, 2017
This book was sexy and delicious in equal measure!

The first description of the hero, from tattoos to boots, had me panting nearly as hard as the heroine. He started out cocky, but over time his good heart was revealed and I liked his dedication to wooing Rachel. And my good God, were the sex scenes (and the dirty talk!) HOT. Five flaming stars for the chemistry and connection between those two.

I also really enjoyed the wine tasting part of the story. The wine descriptions were so delicious that I constantly wanted to run out and overspend on a truly outstanding batch of bottles. Siskind killed with the detail work in this section, giving the reader a cool peek at the tricks of the trade used to train your tongue to differentiate tiny differences in the wine. I liked that the contest didn't end the way I expected, and Rachel's quest to find the right job felt genuine and reminded me of the groundlessness of truly not KNOWING what you ought to be doing with your life.

This was a fun, sexy read with a lot of great atmosphere!
Profile Image for Meghan.
Author 4 books219 followers
September 11, 2017
(I received a copy of this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review!)

Even if you know nothing about wine, you'll adore this book. If you know anything about wine, you'll adore this book. Okay, okay: You're just really going to adore this book.

Kelly has a talent for writing romances where the people feel like real people. They have their fair share of issues, and they work through them. The romance is always built on mutual respect, and *ahem* chemistry. And boy howdy, this book has chemistry in spades.

Rachel makes a wish on her twenty-seventh birthday that sends her right off into the arms of bad-boy Jimmy *and* into a wine-tasting competition that could change the course of her life. The slight tingle of magic/fate was a fun twist to the book, and I cannot wait to read the next books in the series (about the wishes the other girls made!).

Ray and Jimmy make a lovely couple, but for me, they grow and change and improve as people for knowing each other. It's a romance with heart, and you won't be disappointed if you're looking for substance alongside your wave-your-fan-at-your-face scenes (it's got plenty of those too!)!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 249 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.