Start by marking “P.I. I Love You (Miss Demeanor, P.I. Book 1)” as Want to Read:
P.I. I Love You (Miss Demeanor, P.I. Book 1)

P.I. I Love You

(Miss Demeanor #1)

Rivers don’t let rocks hold them back. River Nightingale has decided to blow past the rocky men in her life.

She’s played by the rules for too long—especially when it came to her career as a cop. She was the top closer of cases for years, but promotions in her small town cop shop went to her less productive male counterparts. River decides it’s time to change careers. She
Published September 7th 2019 by Joanne Jaytanie (first published September 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about P.I. I Love You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about P.I. I Love You

Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery, Thriller, Sweet Romance, Novellas
3 Taking Charge Stars * * *
The glass ceiling exists in all types of businesses...and it can be frustrating to say the least. In this novella, four female detectives who met on an online site calls Lady Cops decide to finally take a long overdue vacation together in Seattle. River Nightingale had connections with her Uncle Mike and he arranged the housing for their stay.

Each of these women have been blocked unfairly over and over again in their career paths. With River being passed over for a man who has less
Ummey Sharika
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Light novel. I never really tried a light romance detective story but after finishing it I gotta say "I needed to read something like this". It's short, refreshing and you'll absolutely love it.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a great concept for a mystery series. I enjoyed this story and the characters. The mystery kept me in suspense, there are a few twists and turns that kept me guessing. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Rebecca Austin
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
River Nightingale has had it with being a police officer in her small town of Bear Creek when she is once again overlooked for a promotion. She and 3 of her friends in similar situations decide to open a business in Seattle called Miss Demeanor Private Detective Agency.

River's first job is to look into the deaths of the parents of Blake Baxter as he believes their deaths were not accidental.

Homicide Detective Gage Hamlin is not used to having his cases reopened but River
Kathy Heare Watts
MURDER FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY
This story kept me captivated as the mystery and suspense of who-done-it unfolds. A two-part case for P.I. River Nightingale of the Miss Demeanor PI Agency, hired by Blake Baxter to find first who killed his parents, Wade and Trudy Baxter, and second to locate a half-sister given up for adoption. After the death, shocking secrets surface hidden away from Trudy’s children, Blake and Garnet. This story will keep you in suspense as the plot twists and turns unfold.
Anne Kane
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a contest, and have never read any of this author's books before. I really like her style. The story was short which is nice when I'm busy and want to read but don't want to get caught up in something I won't have time to finish.

River is tired of seeing all the male cops get promoted instead of her just because... well... they're guys! It's not fair but instead of whining about it, she talks her three friends into starting a PI business with her. Suspense and romance are quic
Jennifer Daniels
Fantastic!!!!

P I. I Love You is about River Nightingale a officer turned P.I. and Gage Hamlin one of Seattle's Homicide Detectives. While working a case together proves to be a challenge these two characters have great chemistry together. Working a case together things get very heated and not how you would expect.

River and Gage are two amazing characters along with River's three best friends. The world and character building is incredible. The detail to working a case and incorporating o
Staci
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong female lead!
I enjoyed the twists of this mystery romance. Loved how the police investigator worked with the PI to solve the case. Had my heart pounding a few moments.
Denise Van plew
This is the start to a engaging series that in each one has its own brand of mystery. This one lets you know why these girls branch out on their own and they could not of made a better decision. Thanks in part to her uncle her and her friends are able to buy and take over a detective agency. River gets recommended by her uncle to a brother and sister who need her help with a cold case involving their parents. The elements are solid and prick the interest with intrigue right away, and on the back ...more
Lauren Marie
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first of the Miss Demeanor Private Detective series - P.I. I Love You. Miss Jaytanie's characters are well thought out and I really cheered for River Nightengale. I always love a strong woman character and River handles her investigation with determination and class. She shows her smarts and although she and Gage start off on the wrong foot, when they begin to work together it flows very well and makes sense. I didn't have a clue who the murderer was and love that more than anything. ...more
Grace Augustine
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This first novella in the Miss Demeanor series is incredible! I've found a new book boyfriend in Detective Gage Hamlin. Both of the characters are very good at what they do...solve murders and unravel crimes. This little book packs quite a punch...it has romance, mystery, intrigue, and did I mention romance? The chemistry and tension between Gage and River are spontaneous combustion waiting to happen. Very clean story lines and paragraph transitions and strong character development. This is proo ...more
J. Dorner
I don't read books in this genre on a regular basis.
I enjoyed the "girl-power" aspect. They weren't getting promoted as cops/ detectives so they start their own private firm.
There are some good twists. I love the puns and humor.
Becky Pancoast
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Perfect story , friendship, little mystery, excitement, and love , I just love Joanne's story's she puts everything you need into a book or series!
Barbi Davis
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are great. And the story is even better. If you enjoy a romance with Suspence? You will love this book as much as I do. I Highly recommend this book!!
Patricia
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really fun read for me . I love books with strong female characters and this book has actually 4 of them . Let me introduce you to the ladies of Misdeamor P.I detective agency. River Nightingale is one tough cookie, she became a cop in a small town Montanna . She has solved more cases then the males but isn't going anywhere . Until the trip to Seattle with her best friends who are also cops and are in the same boat . They are working hard and when a case brings River to Gage Hamlin's ...more
Cynthia
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the mystery and suspense it is a wonderful start to this series. A short, sweet and to the point. If anything I would love for it to be longer. The humor gives the story a wonderful touch that really pulled me in. I just love strong women who take the world by storm as these four do. Being a woman in a male world it was easy to relate to these women. Men get by with so much that we women cannot. The plot builds nicely the mystery is easy to work out but the twists are engaging making it ...more
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
P.I. I love you is a new and interesting take on women taking control of their futures and destiny.
River and her friends have worked hard for their respective police departments, but yet after years of service and dedication they are constantly passed over for promotions due to being the wrong gender. Not sexist at all right? Instead of making waves, the women end up purchasing a private detective company in Seattle.

One of River's first cases, unfortunately, has her steeping on the detect
Vickie Chaisson
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
P.I. I Love You by Joanne Jaytanie is the first book in a new series. It was extremely fast paced and entertaining. The story is about 4 woman police officers who after years of being on the force for their local agencies and passed over for promotion start the Miss Demeanor Detective Agency. This is their first case and River Nightingale is lead investigator and the police detective is Gage Hamlin who is very antagonistic to River. I love a strong woman lead in a story and River is certainly th ...more
Andrzejewski Amy
I liked this novella and would like to read the other books in this series. P.I. I Love You is an easy read and fast paced. It had just the right amount of suspense, humor and a little bit of romance. I liked how well River and Gage worked together after getting off on the wrong foot. After things get a little crazy for River, Gage comes to her rescue and is her knight in shining armour. Between River and Gage the solve the murder and bring the family together with their half sister. This book i ...more
Tammy Hall
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story! It was amazing! A little to short but boy did it grab my attention right from the start and kept me in it's clutches to the very end. I was so invested in this book. The characters in P.I. I Love You were so realistic I felt like I was part of the women as they went through changing careers and starting their own private investigator business. Then a mystery was thrown in and I was spent I was in heaven. I will be keeping my eyes out for more Miss Demeanor books. Thank you Jo ...more
Patti
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating: 4.4 (advance copy)

Short, sweet, and remarkably entertaining! This book did a wonderful job at setting up the scenario for this series, as well as with peaking interest for more in this series. Book one focuses on the founder of the agency, but there are 3 more members that have a story to tell as well. The relationship between the PI and the detective added the romantic spice to the tale without having to enter the mature content world. A great pick me up on a rainy d
Jessica71208
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a book that showcases strong independent women. River alis a women working in a man's field in a small town. She loves her job but isn't getting the respect she deserves. On a whim her and her friends Branch out on thier own. River is involved in her first big case and she finds herself working with a frustrating and attractive man. While the mistory unravels and danger comes at them things start changing between them. I loved this fast paced story with strong independent women.
Monica
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute fast read. I'm not one for detective or mysteries all that much but this was very easy to read. Engaging characters and likable ones at that. Although Gage came off as a bit of a dick...no pun intended he grew on me. Its a clean romance with a few kisses. I think if anything I would have liked more of a relationship with Gage and River but I still liked the book. I dont know if she plans to write more but I hope so perhaps the other ladies will get a story.
Lindah
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story and really hope to see more about River NIghtingale and her PI agency! The author packs a lot of action in this short story and builds the romance believably. The main characters have deep professional integrity and knowledge that pulls them together despite being on opposing sides of a case, making the story satisfying emotionally and intellectually. More please!
Lori Hammons
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the strength of the women portrayed in this story. River is a former cop turned P.I. and finds herself faced with what appears to be a bigoted police detective that she must work with, when she is hired by an influential family. This book is full of danger and suspense, and a happy family secret revealed.
Jill
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love strong, capable women, funny scenes, and a mystery?

I enjoyed this story and will definitely be reading more to the series. It kept me on the edge of my seat and had me laughing out loud, which is always a plus!!
Ruth Bishop
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
River is tired of being bypassed for promotion because she's a woman. She meets four other police woman that she's friends with online. While they are on vacation they decide to open their own pi agency. That's how she meets Gage fast paced mystery with great characters.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A fun mystery mixed with a little romance and suspense. The overall story was good but I found it a little predictable and the dialogue felt stiff to me I don’t know it just didn’t seem natural or flow well.
Dmcl
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Maybe Seattle was home. He knew with no doubt, River was paradise. As though she’d been a part of his life forever.”
Great quick romance read. Lots of action, suspense, rated PG. looking forward to more of this series
Karole Petty
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good quick read.... had all the bones needed in a good Romance/Mystery...wrapped up nice and neat... A good base to expand on to continue as a series... Can not wait to read more from Joanne.

Miss Demeanor (3 books)
  • Bare (Miss Demeanor Suspense Series Book 2)
  • Choreographed Crime (Miss Demeanor Suspense Series #3)