Start by marking “El camino de la bruja (El mundo oculto de Sabrina, #1)” as Want to Read:
El camino de la bruja (El mundo oculto de Sabrina, #1)

El camino de la bruja

(The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1)

Una precuela exclusiva de la serie de Netflix, El mundo oculto de Sabrina, nos muestra un lado de nuestra bruja que nunca hemos visto… ¿Qué camino elegirá al final?

«Era una elección imposible, y pronto tendría que tomarla. Jamás había pensado en ello cuando era niña y soñaba con la magia, ni cuando Harvey se inclinó y me besó junto a la verja.

Suponí
Published November 2019 by Puck (first published July 9th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about El camino de la bruja, please sign up.
Uche You don't need to. The book is self-contained. Knowledge of the show might make certain events more meaningful but isn't necessary to understand the…moreYou don't need to. The book is self-contained. Knowledge of the show might make certain events more meaningful but isn't necessary to understand the book. (less)

Start your review of El camino de la bruja (El mundo oculto de Sabrina, #1)
Pie
Jan 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i would read sarah rees brennan's grocery list
Ben Howard
Jan 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
me when i heard they were making a prequel book to caos:
Amanda
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
The POV chapter from Harvey's brother, Tommy, DID ME IN. I was not expecting that. 💜
Eri
Jan 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I would literally read anything sarah rees brennan writes
☼ rachel ☼
I received a copy of this book from Scholastic in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

You can see this review and many others on my Blog

I really enjoyed this prequel novel to Netflix's show "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina", and I think it's perfect for anyone who really likes the show. Personally, I really liked the show, so I think that somewhat goes into my enjoyment of this book. It's a very cute and fun YA/Middle Grade story about a girl who is half-witch and ha
Sophie (Blame Chocolate) *on hiatus*
Season of The Witch by Sarah Rees Brennan

Read the full review and more at Blame Chocolate.

🧹 A big thank you to Scholastic for the review copy. This has not influenced my opinion in any way. 🧹

I laughed hard, got a bit teary-eyed, aaaawww’ed a lot, and wanted to rewatch The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina by the time I was done. This is a TV tie-in done amazingly well and I’m so glad I got to read it ❤

I went in with super high expectations, craving for something to bring me back all that spooky cosiness Sabrina made me experience last year, and I was not disappointed
Yvonne Olson
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're a fan of the television show, you'll enjoy this immensely. Sarah Rees Brennan managed to write a book that had the same eerie and beautiful setting of the show.

This book is a prequel to the show, leading up to Sabrina's dark baptism. There is character growth and some backstory you don't get from the television show that makes the characters even more well-rounded. The relationships between Sabrina and her family are highlighted more, and her relationship with Harvey goes on a bit of
Mari Johnston
This review and many others can also be found at Musings of a (Book) Girl.

Meh.

That one word pretty much sums up how I feel about Sarah Rees Brennan’s prequel to the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Netflix series. Book adaptations of movies and shows are always a risky thing to do. Season of the Witch isn’t the worst I’ve read, but it certainly wasn’t the best.

Everything about this story was very flat. You are definitely able to read it without having first seen the Net
Jessica | Booked J
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2019
Blog | Twitter | Instagram

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Series:
Season of the Witch : ★★★★★
Daughter of Chaos: TBD
Path of Night: TBD

Review was originally posted here at Booked J. As always, a copy of this book was provided by the publisher or author in exchange for participating in the blog tour/my honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way.

"Power shouldn't only be in the hands of those with cold, fickle hearts. If I wanted better magic, I had to make magic for myself."

We all know I am obsessed with Archie Comics and its m/>Daughter/>/>The
Therese
Jul 05, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-releases
i've never seen a single episode of sabrina, but if sarah rees brennan is writing it then i'm reading it and that's that \_(ツ)_/ ...more
Luv
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's great to get back into this world again, whilst awaiting a new season. I loved the different POV's, especially Tommy's and Ambrose's
emily
Oct 16, 2019 marked it as tbr-priority  ·  review of another edition
haven't watched the show, haven't read the summary, only adding this to my tbr because it's by the eternal legend Sarah Rees Brennan, but mark my words I WILL be reading this book
Leah
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters here matched the show perfectly, and for that, I applaud Sarah Rees Brennan. I imagine that was incredibly hard to do. I particularly loved the other characters chapters. They were the highlight of this book for me, and I think that's just because we see so much of Sabrina in the TV show. It was great to see outside of her story. I loved the formatting of this book, but the black pages (with white letters) had my eyes straining a bit.

This did take me a bit to get into, and I thin
🧞‍♂️Tiffy😈
I liked the first 100 pages of this one as well, but then from there fell flat for me which is disappointing because I love the show a lot just not the book really wanted to like it and then it has dark pages with white lettering on them makes it hard to read for me.
Amanda
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witches, fantasy, horror
“I mean, launching into deep philosophical conversations about, like, feelings… I normally just have sex with people, or curse them, you know, normal stuff…”

the harvey/nick scene was… a lot
Viral
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Scholastic for the ARC at BEA 2019!

I enjoyed this prequel to the Netflix series "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina". If you like the show, you'll like this. I like the show. So I liked it. It's written in a similar manner, telling the story of the summer leading into the first season, of how Harvey and Sabrina got together. A fun YA/middle grade novel. I'll admit, I prefer the show's storytelling to this; this felt less effective and I think the magic scenes especially are
Skyeofskynet
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good shit.
Not the plot. To be honest the plot could be absoulety about anything and it wouldn't change much about the whole thing.
But Sarah Rees Brennan recreated the voices of the characters perfectly. And what's more important, she recreated what is going on in their heads perfectly.
But reading white font on black pages was pure horror.
Chriss
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic prequel. Fitted in brilliantly with the comics. A must have for any fan of the series. I'm glad Sarah Rees Brennan was the one to write this story, she did a brilliant job and deserves more than five stars. 13 stars all the way. Can't wait for the sequel. Off now to binge watch the show.
Christy
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first started reading, I thought, “Do I really need a prequel to the TV show when I’ve read the comics? When I watched the original TV show?” I almost didn’t move ahead.

That would have been a mistake.

I really loved the chapters from other characters, especially Tommy’s chapter. Giving him that chapter made the entire book worth it.
Rachel
My overall feelings toward this book can be summed up in one word: meh.

I really love the Netflix original The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, but this book didn't really have any plot, creepy atmosphere, dark humor, or anything that I really love about the show. The setting, characters, and basic premise were all the same but I didn't feel the execution really added anything to my love of the series.
Stephanie
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still have no inclination to watch the show, but this was good SRB content.
Chelsea
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great insight into all the characters. I can really get such a good understanding of them now when I watch the show.

It tells you all the ins and outs of their personalities that you don’t always get to see on screen. I loved the chapters about Ambrose and Harvey.

Now I can go and re watch both of the seasons on Netflix 🖤
Yolanda Sfetsos
Originally published at Kendall Reviews.

It’s no secret that I love the Netflix series, the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Two awesome seasons, a holiday special, the comic books—I’ve watched/read them all.

When I found out a prequel novel was going to be released, I pre-ordered it ASAP and started reading almost as soon as the lovely book arrived. Now, thanks to Kendall Reviews, I get to share my thoughts with the world.

Summer is slowly coming to an end and Sabrina Spellman still isn’t
Eve beinguniquebooks
In this Sabrina The Teenage Witch retelling and tie in to the Netflix series, we meet Sabrina who's approaching her sixteenth birthday upon which she will come into her full witch powers and attend a magical school instead of her human one.

In the lead up to her birthday she and her cousin Ambrose get I to trouble casting a spell to make Harvey love her which goes a bit overboard and she also gets possessed by a water sprite who tries to claim her for themselves as a vesse
Madison Story
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this ARC at Yallwest and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it! The book fits well with tone of the show, though it may be a little lighter. I feel like the author did a good job capturing Sabrina's voice.

I wish the plot moved a little quicker at the beginning, and there were some oddly structured sentences and repetitive word choices (though some of this could be from having an uncorrected proof). But overall, I was impressed! The character work is where the b
Caity
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for fans of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. The overall story is fun and really sweet. The format is intriguing as it alternates between Sabrina's perspective and an omnipotent perspective that gives great insight into the character's minds. I really loved learning more about the characters this way and think it's one of the most interesting aspects of the book. There is also a perfect balance between the humor Brennan is known for and the creepy unsettling details of Sa ...more
Leseparatist
I am not much of a fan of this show (though I do enjoy it occasionally), but in her prequel, Brennan makes the characters' interactions and psyches more layered and reveals a lot of the inner darkness of the show as well as its tenderness. I enjoyed the dark pages much more than the plottier white ones - the story of the prequel is but an excuse for extended internal monologues revealing the pain and love of many of the characters we gain insight into.

Tommy's story in particular touc
Siobhán
This was a huge disappointment. If you liked the series' dark edges, quirky humour, and complex and nuanced acting of many great actresses and actors, do not pick up this book. There isn't anything new to this story, but if you haven't watched the series yet, you will be spoilered.

This book takes place in the summer before the series starts and Sabrina, being unsure of Harvey's love (wtf), bewitches him. Chaos ensues.

This is a bad copy of a great show. It's so flat and lacks nuance.
kory.
I read this for the NEWTs readathon, for the "ends on an even page number" prompt.

Content/trigger warnings for ableism, murder, mentions of death of parents, blood, abusive father, homophobia, mentions of drowning, fire, misogyny,

Rep: Ambrose is Black and pansexual (Not said on page, but he's explicitly not straight, and the author is aware that he's pan in the show, so I feel comfy labeling him pan in this). Rosalind is Black and has a genetic condition causing blindness. Sabrina's other friend is a/>Content/trigger
Paige Green
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I received this from Scholastic and Fantastic Flying Book Club! Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book Series: Prequel to the Sabrina Netflix series

Rating: 5/5

Diversity: Roz and Ambrose are African-American and Theo is a transgender man

Publication Date: July 9, 2019

Genre: YA Fantasy/TV Series Backstory…?

Recommended Age: 16+ (slight gore, some violence, love, mature romance, and witchcraft)

Publisher: Sch
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Get Out of Town (Riverdale #2)
  • The Maple Murders (Riverdale, #3)
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Occult Edition
  • The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Vol. 1: The Crucible
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • Becoming Elektra: Sie bestimmen, wer du bist
  • La Mélansire
  • The Day Before (Riverdale #1)
  • Mooncakes
  • Faye - Herz aus Licht und Lava
  • Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun
  • Le Manoir des Sorcelage (Wicca, #1)
  • Stranger Things: Runaway Max
  • Black Canary: Ignite
  • Les 7 vies de Léo Bellamy
Sarah Rees Brennan is Irish and currently lives in Dublin. For a short stint, she lived in New York and became involved with a wide circle of writers who encouraged and supported her, including Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. She has developed a wide audience through her popular blog, mistful.livejournal.com, where she writes movie parodies, book reviews and some stories.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (3 books)
  • Daughter of Chaos (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #2)
  • Path of Night (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #3)