Start by marking “Deosil (Whyborne & Griffin #11)” as Want to Read:
Deosil (Whyborne & Griffin #11)

Deosil

(Whyborne & Griffin #11)

Whyborne, Griffin, and their friends have faced down cultists, monsters, and sorcerers. But their greatest challenge is now upon them.

On the return voyage from Balefire Manor, Whyborne receives the worst news possible: Widdershins has fallen before the onslaught of the Fideles and their servants. There’s still time to stop the return of the Masters, but that window grows
Published October 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Deosil, please sign up.
Chantal De Wit The second half of 2019😢
So we still have to wait a while

Start your review of Deosil (Whyborne & Griffin #11)
K.J. Charles
The Whyborn and Griffin series is a hugely impressive fantasy romance epic--11 books of complex world-building--and this last instalment brings the whole thing to a satisfying conclusion with terrific skill, incorporating pretty much everything that's gone before, wrapping up the eldritch threat plot, the magical development, and the interpersonal relationships really nicely. It's a massive special-effects spectacular, but it also hangs the crucial plot elements and events on human-scale love an ...more
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!

Eleven books read over 5 years and what a journey!

I will just simply reiterate that Hawk has created something special here. It has romance and epic love and a battle against good and evil that is complex and rich with legend and lore.

What I will remember most is that this series has heart.

I’m sad to say goodbye to this wonderful group of characters and again, if you haven’t started with Widdershins, then what are you waiting for?
Meags
3.5 Stars

Seven years, eleven novels and a handful of short stories later, we finally reach the closing chapter of this much beloved M/M series.

This final instalment hits the ground running, with Whyborne and co. returning home from their dangerous crusade, having saved the surviving Endicott’s in a brutal standoff at Balefire Manor, only to discover that Widdershins has fallen to the Fideles in their absence.

A race against time to save loved ones and to stop the masters from returning to o
☙ percy ❧
i'm sad bc this is the last one but also it was the perfect finale and mY HEART IS JUST SO FUCKING FULL RIGHT NOW AND I JUST --

on one hand, i'm like yes, everything is wrapped up perfectly, good. but on the other, i'm like, if i don't get a spin-off with (view spoiler) i'm highkey rioting

-----

THE TITLE!!!

it's like it's all coming to a circle
milou  ☕️
“You’re everything to me,” he said quietly. “None of this means anything, if you’re not with me.”

Percy, Griffin, Christine and Iskander have faced many foes together all across the globe, but there is still one evil force left that hits them closer to home. At their beloved Widdershins.

─── ・ 。゚:☆. *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Italian Trulli

Honestly, it stung me when I had to shut down this book after the final chapter because I still do not want to
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Trust the sublime Jordan L. Hawk and the beloved Whyborne and Griffin to end my reading slump.

Except.

Except...it's over. The series has reached its spectacularly satisfying conclusion. And I can't help but wonder: what do I do now?

Cry just a little. Okay, more than a little. But acceptance is the final stage of grief. Amid tears, I accept that all good things must come to an end. And really, I’m grateful. Deosil is a pretty much perfect conclusion to a pretty much perfect seri
~Volha~
The last chapter of Whyborne and Griffin exceeded my expectations! Wow, what a rush! I must admit that I got really emotional at times! This was the last adventure of a wonderful quartet of friends! The close bond between Griffin, Whyborne, Christine and Iskander held them through some of the roughest times of their lives. Jordan L. Hawk went to town with magic, gore and fascinating horror creatures that boggled my mind in the best way possible! I loved it!

This book starts right where the last
Kaje Harper
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book ends the delightful series, although it's a suspenseful and twisty ride to the finish line. We see Whyborne at his best, doing things he'd never have believed himself capable of when the stories began. We see Griffin having overcome some of his worse fears, and finally having a wider community that feels like home. Christine is her delightful self, and a host of secondary characters come together to defend Widdershins in the final battle.

This could have gone darker - in fact, a few mo
Joyfully Jay
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

Deosil is the final book in Jordan L. Hawk’s phenomenal Whyborne & Griffin series and it is a perfect way to wrap things up. Let me be totally clear here: If you aren’t reading this series, you need to be. It’s just that good. And now that we have reached the end, I don’t have to tell fans of this series that you are going to want to read this book.

I’m going to be honest, I am emotional about this book and this series. I practically cried just think
Chris
3.5 stars for this epic conclusion... I really enjoyed this series. Whybourne and Griffin along with their incredible friends really made for a fabulous journey through the paranormal 19th Century. While there was plenty of action and the tying up of the story I felt I lost a little connection with W&G- the intimacy was lacking. I understand that heat / romance is not heavy in this series but there felt a slight shift in this book and I missed that. Regardless, this is a fabulous series ❤ ...more
Ariel

"To everyone whom Widdershins has collected on this journey:
You are seen.
You are important.
You are loved.
Welcome home."

There comes a time in every series when you have to say goodbye to the characters and places that have meant so much to you. It's always a gamble as to whether or not the end will live up to all the hype you've built up for it. I'm so happy to say that Deosil absolutely lives up to my expectations and was a fabulous ending to this series!

Whyborn
Richard Derus
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quiltbag, kindled
This book will make no sense whatsoever to you if you haven't read the previous ten. If you have, you've probably already read it; if you haven't, start with Widdershins, and if you're hooked you'll keep buying until you get to this one.

I love series reads. I am a fan of the familiar, homely comforts of visiting old friends in their digs, and that's a lot of the appeal of series reads. It's also true that some series continue long past the point they have something new to say. Author Hawk decide
Robert Winter
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From Widdershins to Deosil, that was a long and satisfying journey. I'm happy to say that Hawk completely stuck the landing. Whyborne and Griffin are some of my favorite characters in fantasy and in MM romance. Christine, Heliabel, Miss Parkhurst, even Niles ... the cast grew to feel like a set of friends. If you haven't had the pleasure of reading this series yet, I envy you! Dive in with Widdershins and enjoy the chthonic paths of Hawk's mind.
Jen
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, m-m, worth-rereading, f-f
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC through Patreon and I'm so happy I did. Though now I have to keep my mouth shut until my friends can read it next month.

You know that fear when you've been reading/watching something for so long and you know it's going to end and you worry it won't live up to your expectations? That isn't something you need to worry about with this book. I was engrossed from beginning to end and I am not sure I even took a full breath through the entire second half of the bo
ElmoVsBibo2.0
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The end is always a hard thing to write. Especially in a long series like this (not that I know any of this, but I think it is or so it always seems). I can't even tell if I cared for the ending or not. Because I don't really know. On the one hand it was a little far fetched, but on the other it seemed genius and made me happy. It's confusing.

But what made this book an amazing one and one everyone should read? A lot of the time nothing really happened. It was just a lot of feelings a
Roxana Chirilă
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though I loved the first 10 volumes of Whyborne & Griffin, I started reading "Deosil" with a certain dread which had little to do with the supernatural foes wanting to destroy the world, and much to do with tropes.

After all, we have characters we love, and characters who get redeemed; we have characters endowed with magical powers in order to fight the great evil; we have a pregnant woman going to war.

I was afraid:
- that someone would die to prove they are redeemed ...more
Kate
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the beginning of the series, and from the beginning of this final book, I have been on an emotional rollercoaster and loved every part of it.
Jordan L. Hawk just killed me with their dedication in this final installment of the Whyborne and Griffin series:
"To everyone whom Widdershins has collected on this journey:
You are seen.
You are important.
You are loved.
Welcome home."

Way back in 2012 Widdershins was on pre-order for Dec 4th, my birthday. I didn't mind s
Lauren
”If our choices are to throw up our hands and walk away, or to fight and keep fighting, even if there is no end to the struggle, then I know which I’ll choose.”

Does anyone have a tissue? 🤧

My heart swelled at Jordan L. Hawk’s dedication to the readers, to “...those whom Widdershins has collected on this journey,” and what a journey it was—one that I’ll forever cherish.
Widdershins might be a horrible murder town, but it's our horrible murder town.

A great end to an amazing series! I'm sad there won't be anymore books in this world, but I'm happy with how everything was tied up. I'll miss Whyborne, Griffin, Christine and Iskander, and the town of weirdos.

Also, just found out that Widdershins, the first book in the series, means "to go counter-clockwise", and Deosil, the last book in the series, means "to go clockwise". Everything comes full circle!
Bev
Another one of my favourite series comes to a close, so this is such a bittersweet review. Bravo!! dear Author...a wonderfully crafted series from start to finish, with some of the best characters ever to grace a story 🎉🎉🎉. 5 Widdershins stars from me.

Yes it's on my all-time fave series shelf...for good reason. All of the senior characters were perfectly rounded and very likeable, there were plenty of laughs, the storylines plausible, interesting and well thought out, and you were always ro
Steven
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eleven books in this enormously epic series and it never looses its power. That’s a testament to the author, indeed.

A story about love and acceptance, of finding home and family, of community and the strength one draws from it all wrapped in stunningly fresh and memorable, though often flawed characters, brilliantly snappy writing, and a unique magical system. Oh, and love. The purest, brightest kind of love humanly possible.

I’ve now read this twice and no impact was lost upon the second readi
Kat
It's been an absolute pleasure and a privilege spending all this time with Whyborne, Griffin, Christine (MY LOVE), Kander, Persephone (MY OTHER LOVE), Maggie, Heliabel (MY OTHER OTHER LOVE), Saul, Niles, and Widdershins itself. (I'm sure I'm forgetting some names but trying to remember shit when you're ugly crying is kind of hard.)

I'm so very fucking thrilled I was collected along the way.
Diane Dannenfeldt
I started this story with a heavy heart knowing that this was the last book in this wonderful series. But the story picks right where Balefire left off. They do not get to take a breath & they are thrust right back into battle. Widdershins has fallen. Our MC's and crew are faced with the biggest battle yet, the return of the Masters. It was not an easy battle by any means and there were times that I was sure everyone was going to make it. But in the end, good defeats evil and our motley crew finds t ...more
Lyra
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I feel incredibly weird giving this book less than 5 stars because I adore this series to absolute pieces. Taken as a whole, I would give this series more than five stars and recommend it without reservation.

However, this book managed to be one of the few books in the series that didn't quite live up to a five-star rating (there is at least one other, I don't remember exactly how many). I'm not hugely disappointed or crushed or anything, I'm still glad I bought it (as opposed to getting it from the
Jul
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you read a book in three and a half hours after you get the Kindle notification that it's released because the series is that good. And sometimes the book makes you cry (a lot) but leaves you smiling (also a lot). And it's worth it all, because it's a wonderful ending to an equally wonderful series.

Jordan L. Hawk delievered more than I expected in this last installment of Whyborne & Griffin, and I'm so genuinely thrilled to be able to say that. Deosil reads as a direct
Susan
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, glbtq
I'm not crying, you're crying!

I received an ARC of the book from Jordan's Patreon.

I don't know how to review this book because this series has been such an emotional experience for me. Over the course of the past 6 years, since I first stumbled upon Widdershins, I have become so attached to the shy, insecure Whyborne and watched as he grew in confidence, power and above all else, connections - to his beloved Griffin, his BFF Christine, his surprising secretary Maggie, his unique sister Persephone and even
Dana
Shelves: m-m
Reviewed for Rainbow Gold Reviews. A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

I honestly don't know where to start with my review. There is so much I want to say about this book and the series as a whole. I originally thought (hoped?) with books titled Widdershins and Deosil, terms meaning counterclockwise and clockwise, that the series would go for 12 books like a clock. I was disappointed in a way learning that it would end on book 11. Of course these characters have been through a
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I’m so sad today. Last night I finished one of my all-time favorite series. Whyborne and Griffin have become important to me. They are not only sweet and strong and fearless, they are my ideal couple—two halves of a whole—and that can readily be seen in this final story. I read this sooo slowly because I didn’t want the story (or the series) to end. I’m not ready to say goodbye to Griffin Flaherty and Percival Whyborne. Hmm…perhaps I’d better start reading it all over again from book one, Widder ...more
Grammy 1

Genre: Historical Fantasy witches
Rated: Mature M/M
Pages:
Release Date: October 11, 2019

It’s been 6 years since I read Widdershins, Wybornne and Griffin book one. At its inception was quite different than those M/M Romances that were being released and it caught on with quite a following.

An imaginary town, in Victorian America, wh
Casey F
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow. This was everything I wanted from the ending and more. I have been a crazy fan of this series for years. (I even have a Widdershins bag that I use all the time, I told you, Crazy Fan.) Whyborne has been one of the greatest characters I have ever read and I love him and the whole crew so much.

I've been dreading the last book, worried it would be a let down to my favorite series (like Game of Thrones *cough cough*). But it wasn't. It was very close to perfect. The only t
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Gilded Cage (Lilywhite Boys #2)
  • The Rat-Catcher's Daughter (Lilywhite Boys, #0.5)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • The Mystery of the Bones (Snow & Winter #4)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Tallowwood
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Spellbound (Magic in Manhattan, #1)
  • Gentleman Wolf (Capital Wolves Duet, #1)
  • The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove, #1)
  • Hither, Page (Page & Sommers, #1)
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
  • Fish on a Bicycle (Fish Out of Water, #5)
  • Hellion (415 Ink, #3)
  • Trouble in Taco Town (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #2)
  • Something Stinks at the Spa (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #3)
  • Sword Dance (Sword Dance, #1)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes (The Hitman's Guide #2)
Jordan L. Hawk is a trans author from North Carolina. Childhood tales of mountain ghosts and mysterious creatures gave him a life-long love of things that go bump in the night. When he isn’t writing, he brews his own beer and tries to keep the cats from destroying the house. His best-selling Whyborne & Griffin series (beginning with Widdershins) can be found in print, ebook, and audiobook.

Whyborne & Griffin (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Widdershins (Whyborne & Griffin, #1)
  • Threshold (Whyborne & Griffin, #2)
  • Stormhaven (Whyborne & Griffin, #3)
  • Necropolis (Whyborne & Griffin, #4)
  • Bloodline (Whyborne & Griffin, #5)
  • Hoarfrost (Whyborne & Griffin, #6)
  • Maelstrom (Whyborne & Griffin, #7)
  • Fallow (Whyborne & Griffin, #8)
  • Draakenwood  (Whyborne & Griffin, #9)
  • Balefire (Whyborne & Griffin, #10)
“I never asked for a cult of book-wielding librarians!” I exclaimed.” 0 likes