Start by marking “A Rancher to Trust (Love Inspired)” as Want to Read:
A Rancher to Trust (Love Inspired)

A Rancher to Trust (Love Inspired)

Searching for forgiveness…and a future.

Suddenly a husband…and a father?This bachelor is ready to claim his instant family.

After learning his ex-wife isn’t so ex after all, rebel turned rancher Dan Whitlock is determined to prove he’s a changed man…but Bailey Quinn is just as set on finally ending their marriage. When tragedy makes Dan the guardian of little orphaned twins,
Published January 1st 2020 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about A Rancher to Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rancher to Trust

Start your review of A Rancher to Trust (Love Inspired)
Brittany
This story was such an emotional ride! It tugged on my heartstrings, especially toward the last section of the book, and I could feel the emotions that were flooding though the two main characters as they worked through the decisions they needed to make.

I really liked Dan and Bailey and felt so bad for the way so many people treated Dan. He was a character who had turned his life around in a big way. He demonstrated the kind of person he had become in the way he responded to hateful treatment
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love complicated stories with happy endings. Especially two people having a second chance at love.
The story was very relatable to me.
The character's were stellar even the not so pleasant one.
Dan and Bailey's life explores the undisputed fact that true love never dies and that if we could just learn to trust God and his plans we'd never go wrong
They had a part with each other which did not end well. A second time back together they had to make decisions of what was more important the past or
Alla Drake
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
Love, love, LOVE this book! It's one of those rare books that you want to never end, like a gourmet sundae for the body and soul. Total satisfaction! I don't want to spoil it for you, guys, like I didn't want to spoil it for myself and deliberately didn't read the teaser on the back cover - and man was I surprised with the turn of events! Two words: great story. You have to read this.
April Rogers
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They say you can never go home again but is that really true? Laurel Blount explores this in her newest book A Rancher To Trust. Can a whole town, especially a high school sweetheart and a brother, forgive and learn to trust a former bad boy/alcoholic when he returns home to try and make amends? This book will give you ALL the feels so keep some tissues close by and make sure you set aside a block of time because you will not want to put it down until you finish! With every book, I think Laurel ...more
Kylene
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had such a hard time with this book because I work about 9 hours a day and I did not want to put this book down. It was excellent and such wonderful characters that made you really want to know them personally. I truly believe that the more Laurel writes the better she gets. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good heart warming book that teaches a lot of good principles.
Dee Wolters
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
” Rancher to Trust” by Laurel Blount, book review

Dan has worked for the Bar M Ranch for over 10 years. He started as a lowly ranch hand and worked his way up to foreman. During those years, he really got his life together. When the owner of the Bar M dies and passes the ranch to his son, Dan saw the writing on the wall and knew that his days on the ranch were numbered. But he would stay long enough to know the son could run the place.

Dan’s world is rocked by a message from home: Call Bailey.
Kav
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An emotional second chance romance...with a mischievous calf named Lucy Ball who thinks she's a puppy. What's not to like, right?!

And, hello! Cowboy hero alert! A broken man who has worked hard to put the pieces of his life back together. A prodigal returning home to make amends, Dan has an inner core of strength that comes from his faith and he's unshakable even when he faces tough critics and backbiting gossips. Grrr...I wanted to slap some folks! But Dan's mentor has prepared him with a solid
Jenni Allen
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fourth and final book in the series about our friends in the rural town of Pine Valley, Georgia, A Rancher to Trust is sure to delight. From the moment I picked up this book, I was drawn in. The return of some favorite characters from previous books was a delight. The independent, feisty Bailey Quinn will have you identifying with her fears, questions and dreams. Her secret past is revealed over time with many twists and turns as you reach the satisfying conclusion. Her trust in God to lead ...more
Marie
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, a very special thank you to the author Laurel Blount and JustRead tours. I was provided a complimentary copy to review. A positive review was not required or requested. All words and thoughts are my own.

“A Rancher to Trust” is another great, Harlequin Love Inspired, stand-alone read in the author’s “Pine Valley, Georgia Series”. This is the fourth book in the series.

I was introduced to the author and the series thanks to JustRead publicity tours when I reviewed “Hometown Hope” –
Hallie Szott
Dec 27, 2019 marked it as reviewed
Returning home is no easy feat for Dan Whitlock, given the man he used to be—and especially with his high-school sweetheart hoping for divorce and a couple kids suddenly depending on him. Will Dan get the second chance he needs to show the people he loves that he has changed?

Laurel Blount’s A Rancher to Trust is a sweet addition to the Love Inspired line. It delivers all the feel-good moments of faith and forgiveness that I expected to find, and I couldn’t help being caught in the emotional
Connie Saunders
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I see the Love Inspired logo with the words heartwarming inspirational romance, I know that I will be both inspired and entertained. This book certainly didn't disappoint! I haven't read the previous three books that Laurel Blount has set in Pine Valley, Georgia, but A Rancher to Trust makes me want to visit there. Since I am from a small town in Kentucky I'm sure that I would feel right at home.

A Rancher to Trust has a bad boy, the girl he left behind, and the classic plot twist of that
Lori Krausen
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading Laurel Blount’s books, so I was expecting nothing less from this one. It definitely delivered! So many ‘feels’ while reading this, I had a hard time putting it down - I felt like I truly knew the characters. Proving things to other, showing others you’ve changed, family, forgiveness...it’s all in this book.
I can’t wait to see what’s next from Blount! I recommend you check it out.
I received a complimentary copy and all opinions are my own.
MaryEllen
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The characters are so well written that you quickly understand their viewpoints and their actions.
The Christian aspects are strong, but there's no proselytizing.
Faye
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dan Whitlock was a young troublemaker when he broke Bailey Quinn's heart, now years later he wants to make things right.

An engaging story of second chance, faith, and forgiveness. Well written, with a great backstory that is revealed over the course of the story. I really liked both of the main characters, especially Dan and how his life changed through faith in God and the help of good friends. Dan isn't the young man he used to be, and when he sees Bailey again, he realizes that he wants to
Ochegba
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know this book was part of a series when I started it and I enjoyed every minute of it. I didn't feel lost at all. This story of second chances, of forgiveness and reconciliation.
Dan has made some terrible mistakes in his past and when he gets the opportunity to make things right, he jumps at it hoping to make things right. I loved how he stood his ground in letting people know he was a different person now even when they still held on to old prejudice. And Bailey her heart was in the
Rachel DeVaughn
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this clean romance ranch story set in Pine Valley, Georgia.

Shortly after their secret marriage, young adult Dan takes off to another state leaving Bailey behind in their small hometown of GA. After years of insecurities and questions left unanswered, Dan comes home to visit with Bailey and finds himself drawn to her and his family he left behind. Of course the small town does not welcome him with open arms because of the young man Dan use to be.

I loved the main characters Dan
Connie Carpenter
I love a heartwarming book that is set with a ranch. <3. This book has a beautiful cover. I mean who doesn't love a man in a cowboy hat and babies on the cover?? I have read a few other books by Laurel. I had no trouble following along. This is the 4th book in the series. As stated above, I have not read them all. I know that I can count on a great storyline, well written characters, no filth or obscene language and a heartwarming story from Love Inspired. I love how these characters seemed ...more
Ley Clifton
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book.Laurel uses vivid language making you feel a part of the story.At times you will be in tears.Other times you will laugh out loud.If you like a good hea with remarkable characters you will enjoy this story.
A. Harrison
My Review of A Rancher To Trust by Laurel Blount: I usually stay away from Love Inspired books but I saw the tour for this one and signed up, it is a cute book, has enjoyable characters that are life-like. My copy did go missing for a while when my baby brother found it and carried it around saying, "Baby, baby!" In a soft loving tone, he loved looking at the cover, which I agree is quite cute.
Rating: 3 stars.
Recommendation: 17/19 up due to past mistakes.
Verse: Psalm 68:5 A father of the
Amy Grochowski
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Rancher to Trust rounds out the Pine Valley series with the most satisfying, heart-thumping, soul-stirring love story of all four books. Bailey Quinn, who I’ve come to know and love through the other books, gets her shot at love this time—actually for the second time—with Dan Whitlock, a former prodigal turned rancher by the grace of God he’s clinging to for redemption.
Of course, it isn’t an easy road for Bailey or Dan. I found myself in a puddle over their heartbreaks and captivated by their
Phyllis
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He changed but would anyone believe it?

The problem with reforming is that very few people believe you have changed. It is so hard to overcome prejudices, especially when they were well earned.

Dan had a reputation as a teenager which was partly earned and partly inherited. So when he left Pine Valley, he planned on it being for good. Yet when Bailey called him, he couldn't help but return and do whatever he could. He never dreamed she wanted a divorce!

If you're like me, you read the synopsis and
Anon1001
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about second chances. Dan and Bailey were high school sweethearts who were secretly married at 19 and 18. They immediately had a fight after the ceremony and as a result did not have any contact for 15 years until Bailey calls Dan because she wants a divorce so she can move pm with her life
This is the fourth book set in Pine Valley, GA and visting there is an armchair vacation for me. You get to see old friends and the characters are all realistic in their attitudes and
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good read! Made me think allot more about forgiveness.

Dan Whitlock has finally turned his live around and now he’s out to make amends with all whom he’s hurt, especially his ex wife who turns out is still his wife.

Bailey Quinn wants to move on with her life and she calls Dan to sign the papers for a divorce so she can become a foster mom but he shows up at her house throwing all her plans to the wind.

Then a major tragedy happens that might rip them both apart once again as Dan is suddenly
Amanda Boyt
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Rancher to Trust is the last of a four book series by Laurel Blount, and she definitely saved the best for last! This book has it all: young love, betrayal, tragedy, babies, and second chances. In other words, it was a perfect read! Bailey, the main heroine, is an independent business woman who finds it hard to accept help. Dan, the hero, is hard working, responsible, and guilt-ridden. They have some past history that is hard to overcome, but their attraction to each other helps pave the way ...more
Kimberly
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.8. They eloped at a young age- Dan the town rebel with a drinking problem and Bailry, the joy of her family. And Dan realized he couldn't keep her from her family so he left her that night.
Dan ends up in Wyoming, where he turns his life around, yet he never returns to his hometown in Georgia. Until he gets a message that Bailey called.
Wonderfully sweet romance, a story of redemption, dreams, and forgiveness. Hea.
Dana
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a wonderful book from Laurel Blount about love and hope, faith and trust and God's perfect timing. I laughed and cried! I really enjoyed Bailey and Dan's story.
Melissa
Nov 06, 2019
Suzie Waltner
Dec 10, 2019

• The Amish Marriage Bargain
  • The Way of the Brave (Global Search and Rescue #1)
  • The Secret Christmas Child (Rescue Haven #1)
  • Seconds to Live (Homeland Heroes, #1)
  • The Dating Charade
  • An Amish Christmas Bakery
  • The Forever Sky (Montana Gold, #4)
  • Always Look Twice (Uncommon Justice, #2)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • The Wedding Dress Christmas (The Wedding Collection)
  • Love You Truly
  • All in Good Time
  • A Beautiful Mess
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • Abraham (The Petersheim Brothers #2)
  • In Love by Christmas
  • Silent Night Suspect
  • Deadly Christmas Pretense (Roughwater Ranch Cowboys #2)