Start by marking “Once Upon A Holiday” as Want to Read:
Once Upon A Holiday

Once Upon A Holiday

This holiday season, there’s more than gingerbread in the oven.

I was always a type-A kind of girl— and that’s exactly what got me into trouble with Sterling Ahren.

Having a baby before thirty didn’t work out, so I took some time off to sort out my life. Sterling’s my new landlord… and he doesn’t plan anything.

He’s a billionaire playboy who can’t stand the holida
Published November 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon A Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon A Holiday

Start your review of Once Upon A Holiday
Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Once Upon A Holiday by Claudia Y. Burgoa | GoodreadsOnce Upon A Holiday is a stand alone novella by Claudia Burgoa. This is my very first book by Claudia. I can imagine how attached an author must get when she writes more than one book about a family. I can just imagine how thrilling it must feel to bring together TWO families she has written about into one beautiful Christmas story. The Spearmans meet the Aherns in this wonderful little holiday tale of love and the magic of Christmas.

Once Upon A Holiday by Claudia Y. Burgoa | Goodreads

June Spearman is thirty three years old. She has three older brothers and one twin sister. She is the baby of the family. No matter how old she is, her over protective brothers make her feel like she is still a little girl. June has never wanted anything more than to fall in love and have a family. The falling in love part didn’t work out so she has decided to plan things out for herself, maybe check a few things off on her bucket list. So June has taken a little time off to try to start her plan in motion. June likes to plan everything, make lists. But one thing she didn’t plan on was meeting the sexiest man she has ever seen, sharing the most passionate night she has ever experienced with him, and forgetting to use protection.

man carressing woman's back gif - Google Search

Sterling Ahern is a successful, very rich artist. He has to keep body guards with him everywhere he goes. His success has brought out the worst in his fans. Sterling’s life is his art. But, due to his celebrity, he has learned to live a secluded life. It’s what he is accustomed to. For reasons of his own, Sterling doesn’t feel like he is any kind of relationship material. That he’s just not the lovable type.

“How could we fit so well when we don’t know each other?”

“She’s like a blue sky. She’s sunlight. The laughter of a baby.”

When Sterling first saw June across a room, he felt pulled to her. The way she looked, the way she sounded, her laughter. He couldn’t let her walk away. It was supposed to just be one night. But it was never going to be enough.

“Life isn’t what you plan, but what you live.”

Sterling doesn’t understand his need for June, just that he needs her in his life. But then they find themselves pulled together for another reason. Neither June nor Sterling ever thought they would find forever. But maybe it was just because they hadn’t met the right forever person yet?

“How can I stay away from him when all I want is for more?”

christmas heart snowflakes - Google Search

This was so sweet. I loved how Sterling’s heart just expanded with his feelings for June. He didn’t understand it at first, but that didn’t stop him. The two of them definitely had some communication issues. They had quite a few struggles just because they were so unsure of what the other was feeling and were keeping their own feelings to themselves.

This is a heartwarming, sexy holiday story of finding love when you least expect it, and opening your heart to the possibilities of something you never dreamed of finding. I enjoyed this so much, especially the beautiful ending. The last chapter and the epilogue left me with such a happy heart.

For more about this book and so many more, come and visit me at Carol's Crazy Bookish World.

Claudia Burgoa
Oct 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Once Upon a Holiday is funny, touching, and delightful. This smoking hot billionaire holiday rom-com will make you feel the magic of Christmas.

One-click your copy today at the special release week price.

Amazon Universal

All Retailers

✔ Hot Billionaire playboy
✔ Fun quirky heroine
✔ Opposites attract
✔ Overprotective brothers (Spearman clan)
✔ And a partridge in a pear tree (maybe not this part)

One-click your copy today at the special release week price.

Amazon Universal

All Retailers

✔ Hot Billionaire playboy
✔ Fun quirky heroine
✔ Opposites attract
✔ Overprotective brothers (Spearman clan)
✔ And a partridge in a pear tree (maybe not this part)

300x300

Copy of Untitled (2)
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
While I have previously read a couple of books from this author, I didn't read the two families whose books led to this interconnection. Once Upon a Holiday is a standalone novella. I did not have any trouble enjoying the book although I had no prior knowledge of their two families. I must add, though, that I am definitely intrigued enough to read those books.

June is an independent, successful business owner. She has a large, loving, but meddlesome family who she adores. Unfortunately, June feels lonely. There i
Nadine Bookaholic
So here's the thing, I have been patiently waiting for Sterling's story for over a year, I first met him when he appeared in his brother Wes' story (The Chaotic Love Duet) now that's a long time and I have read a LOT of books since then but there was just something about Sterling that always had me wondering if he would ever get his HEA. Well, it's a Holiday Miracle because he got more than he ever dared hope for but once he met June he knew ...more
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Sterling Ahern; the broody loner who steals your heart with a simple smirk finally met his match and boy did she turn his world upside down!

June and Sterling couldn’t be more opposite! She schedules and lives life trying to minimize any surprise that could arise! Sterling has no plans and takes life as it comes yet when they meet they throw caution to the wind and end up with more than either bargained for!

Junipers quick wit and no nonsense attitude keeps sterling on his toes! She challenges s
BookAddict
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They say life is what happens when we're busy making other plans, and boy oh boy, does planner extraordinaire, June Spearman, get smacked up side the head with a great big dose of life. In just one night her thirty-day plan is shot, as well as her carefully calculated plan to have a baby on her own. Just when she's decided to take a year and figure out her life, broody, grumpy billionaire artist, Sterling Ahern upends everything.

Mr. Live-in-the-moment never wanted a family. Not after the exampl
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claudia Burgoa where have you been hiding? How is it possible that this is my first read by you? I’m going to have to binge read through your books ASAP cause this book is a keeper. What a way to kick off the holiday season. Juniper (June) and Sterling hands down win the prize for the best meet cute ever. It’s love at first (meat) sight, when the two exchange words in the men’s washroom. And things can only get better from there.

June is a successful level headed business woman and the youngest
Becca
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW TO COME
it.sgottabethebooks
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Magic and miracles always happen during the Holidays. Claudia Burgoa delivers us a feel good holiday read that is worthy of a Hallmark Channel Holiday Movie. With the Ahren’s and Spearman’s, this book is surely gonna bring a smile to your face. Juniper brings out the best in Sterling as he opens his heart to her. If you are looking for a sweet, holiday read then this is for you.
TheSassyNerdBlog
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claudia is one of my auto one-click authors, I didn't want to pass up this book, even though I am not really into the whole Christmas themed romances. But maybe I should be? I seem to be liking them so far this year and I think it helped that I had read the other books that these characters were from.

Once Upon A Holiday was beautiful. As are all Claudia's books. This book brings two families, The Aherns, and the Spearman's together in a funny and steamy holiday novella. These two families are f
B. C. Booklover
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This soon to be released book by Claudia Burgoa is a sort of rude, cocky guy finds himself attracted to a strong, funny and different kind of woman romance. A big screw up starts them off annoyed, disgusted and on the absolutely wrong foot before they even set eyes on each other. June (Juniper Spearman) is about to change her life and all her careful planning keeps getting tossed out the window! She's the baby of the family and feels like the biggest failure...why can't she find the same happine ...more
Caroline F
Gah!! Totally adored this story!

"Sparks fly between us. Electricity flows in my bloodstream from the shock."

Juniper Spearman and Sterling Ahern meet under startling circumstances. June was embarrassed and Sterling was...cocky! LOL. Even though June tries to shake him off, Sterling is not willing to let such an intriguing woman out of his sight. When June throws caution to the wind to have one last fling before her life changes path for good, the consequencee are not part of her plan. They wer
Becky Rendon
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Better than a Hallmark movie! Once Upon A Holiday will have you falling in love this Christmas (or whenever you actually read it)! With an unforgettable meet cute and an irresistible chemistry, this one night stand may just be the best thing to ever happen.

Once Upon A Holiday is a sweet and feisty holiday season romance. This whirlwind starts just before Thanksgiving and gives us our Happily From Now On just in time for gifts being exchanged.

Now for the fangirling...

June is my sist
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is my first book by Burgoa and I will say I am now a fan of her writing. Once I started this book I did not want to put it down! I am a sucker for a good holiday book and this book did not disappoint. I loved June. She is in her thirties and have goals for her life that she is determined to accomplish. She decide that it is up to her to make things happened so she puts a plan in place to accomplish her goals. Sterling was not part of June's plans and June was not part of Sterling's plan. St ...more
Angela's Book Addiction
Once Upon a Holiday by Claudia Burgoa is a contemporary, accidental pregnancy, holiday romance told in first person, dual POV.

When Juniper and Sterling meet, they agree to have one night of passion and never see each other again - no strings attached and no names exchanged. Little do they know, as fate would have it, everything is about to change. And both will learn that sometimes what we think we want is not at all what we really need.

This is a fun story of opposites attracting. It was uplifti
Kaitlyn
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holiday books are my favorite. Like my absolute favorite! And when I saw Ms. Burgoa was writing one, well I was done for! And add on more of the Spearman family and just I was done for! June, dang this woman is fierce and I love her. She is the definition of strong and capable. And she can go toe to toe with Sterling. And I love it. I just love the banter and camaraderie between these two!
Erin Lewis
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Once Upon A Holiday by Claudia Y Burgoa

What's not to love? It's the most magical time of the year and also happens to be my most favourite holiday. I love any story that is centred around Christmas; it’s a time for family and friends to get together and celebrate life.

All June Spearman wants is to have a baby and now that she os thirty three she feels the pressure.

Sterling Ahren is your typical hot, sexy, billionaire playboy, who happens to hate the holidays and has no
Cee Cee Houston
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A holiday tale bringing families together.

This sweet and steamy novella bring two of Claudia Burgoa’s book families together. The Aherns and the Spearmans in a humorous, and life changing holiday tale of insta-love. Even when you don’t believe in it.
Juniper Spearman had a plan. One she was sure was right for her. But, then along came Sterling Ahern who knocks her world side-ways. After one glorious night together, they part ways not expecting to ever meet again. But Fate, that
Thuy Taylor
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a delightful, charming holiday story. Juniper and Sterling meet one night, and while she doesn't recognize him(because he’s sorta famous), he is so enthralled by her. These two have this amazing night together which changes their lives forever. I love that they really and truly enjoyed each other's company, while their attraction is always there, the friendship and trust they start to build means so much in their budding relationship. It was fantastic to see this broody, don't ...more
Amanda Shepard
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highly-recommend
FIVE BEAUTIFUL STARS! Oh my Claudia outdid herself and I have to say this is my favorite story. Sterling and June take you on a rollercoaster of emotions through their journey. Two families coming together with the miracles of the holiday. Fate, love, magic and soul gripping feels. This is a must read and a standalone. Prepare yourself for some spectacular curveballs!
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs

Oh my goodness I loved this adorable story! Juniper “June” and the way she plots and plans out her life down to the finest detail. Lol
Spur of the moment hooking up with the hottie, she definitely makes no plans for anything like Sterling. He’s hot, and kinda cynical, but totally free spirited! That’s bound to be a good story right?!?!

Juniper “June” Spearman is sister to the Spearman men you may have read about in some of Claudia’s other books. If you haven’t no big, she tells who belongs w
books are love
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

I liked Sterling more than I liked Juniper. Why? He was like a Scrooge and Grinch rolled into one with Christmas and you could understand his attitude towards holidays and other things as well. Sterling was a marshmallow underneath the tough exterior. An exterior created due to his mom and dad but also his fans. He may have been raised with money but he gained his wealth and fame on his own hard work. Only it came at a cost for him and that wa
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)

cropped-saucy.jpg
Once Upon A Holiday by Claudia Burgoa is the perfect holiday romance to begin the festive season. The devout fans of Claudia’s books are in for a holiday treat when two charismatic secondary characters from several books find love in Denver, CO over the holiday season. For those readers new to Claudia Burgoa, Once Upon A Holiday is the perfect introduction to her fantastic writing.

Junie Spearman has made a life altering decision. She is a strong independent woman with a successful career, a striving business
Kate
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read several fantastic books by Ms. Burgoa that were released this year. All were fabulous. I haven't read any books about either family that was in this story. I am now intrigued to read the rest of their stories. This wasn't my most favorite book, but it was a nice quick read.
Juniper is the baby of the family. She is a twin and the youngest by only a couple of minutes. It shouldn't matter that you're the youngest by only a few minutes, but the baby of the family will always be th
Sandi Thompson
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Juniper(June) Spearman is a bit of a control freak. But that’s because she’s the youngest sister to her twin and her three over protective brothers who all think they have to take care of her because she’s the “baby” by three minutes! Sterling Ahren is a world famous artist, who has a cynical attitude about many things.His parents never thought he would amount to much, and didn’t value his art. He was close to his brother Wes, but kept his distance.Because of his fame, he had to have security ar ...more
Nora Fresse
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! This story was amazing. I loved the characters and the return of other characters we’ve read about was such a bonus. It was so entertaining to read how Sterling and June met. The scene in the bathroom was hilarious.

Juniper is going through some stuff that her family doesn’t even know about. She wants to enter a new chapter in her life without all the interference from them. While she loves her family and they are very close, she’s feeling a bit abandoned now that her sibl
Dora
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

Loved this rom-com book! It was outstanding; it was such a great read!! Claudia Burgoa delivers a sweet, sexy and fun tale for Christmas. It will have you laughing and you won’t be able to put it down. The storyline is quite unique, and the characters portray combustible chemistry, together and individually, that makes them feel genuine, natural, and heartfelt. You will swoon over Sterling Ahern who is 37 years old and has be
Jennifer Scarn
Meh

This was mostly boring, had to skim. Just dragged. Then some issues a decent beta should catch. Like her brothers know this guy (literally own a house next to his that she’s been to) and he’s super famous but she’s in PR and has no idea? She manages high profile clients and has no idea who he is? Not plausible. He’s also a famous artist who gets mobbed everywhere by crazy fans, even on ski slopes, that’s hard to believe. A following, sure, but not these mobs who stalk him. Repeated mentions
Barbara
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great holiday read. The author has given us wonderful characters that you can’t help but love, ok maybe you want to shake them a time or two, but for the most part the main and sub characters are all very endearing. As for the storyline- the author killed it, at least for me. It’s funny, sexy, romantic and had strong, independent male and female lead characters.

June is thirty three. She is a successful business owner with a wonderful loving family. However, her personal life i
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy before release for an honest review.

This story was kinda complicated and it brings together two previous series, one I have read and loved and one I had never read before.

In this story we meet June Pearson, she is the sister from another sister of Jackson Pearson and Jason Pearson and they both are in this book as well. June is single and she meets this guy and she has a one night stand with him before Thanksgiving.

The male lead in this story is
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bargain Basement: $100 Gift Card Giveaway 1 4 Nov 07, 2019 02:14PM
Goodreads Librari...: two book listings 2 12 Nov 07, 2019 04:43AM

• No Vacancy
  • Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • London Royal (London Royal, #1)
  • Overnight Service (Always Satisfied #4)
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Too Good at Goodbyes
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
  • Redemption
  • Breaker
  • Undone
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Billionaire's Secret (Billionaire Duet, #2)
Claudia is an award-winning, USA Today bestselling author.
She lives in Colorado, working for a small IT. She has three children and a wonderful husband who shares her love of all things geek.
To survive she works continually to find purpose for the voices flitting through her head, plus she consumes high quantities of chocolate to keep the last threads of sanity intact.