Start by marking “The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission (Boots and Bouquets, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission (Boots and Bouquets, #0.5)

The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission

(Boots and Bouquets 0.5)

New York Times bestselling author Jaci Burton celebrates the gift of love and the holiday season with a snowy Christmas wedding at the Bellini family vineyard.

Stranded at the Red Moss Vineyard a week before her best friend's wedding, LA native and professional matchmaker Alice Weatherford is not pleased with her first trip to Oklahoma, or the epic snowstorm forcing her
ebook, 1st edition, 154 pages
Published October 15th 2019 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission

Start your review of The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission (Boots and Bouquets, #0.5)
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Burton writes such amazing heroes and Clay is no exception. He is a born and bred rancher that lives a simple life. Alice is a matchmaker from LA and is completely out of her element when she travels to Oklahoma for her best friend’s wedding. When they meet, their chemistry is combustible. In her profession, Alice doesn’t feel that chemistry is a basis for a strong relationship. Clay is the opposite and says that it is very important when looking for love. Convinced she can find him the perfect ...more
Mara
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-owned, arc
3.5 stars - I love me some Jaci Burton holiday romances, and while this is not my favorite of her Christmas novellas, it is definitely full of her usual charm. While I think the stage setting for what will clearly be a new series coming from her set on this vineyard was a little clunky, the chemistry between the two main leads carried the day so I bumped it up a half star on that strength. Recommended to get you in the holiday spirit
Beth
The Matchmaker’s Mistletoe Mission was a cute, fun, easy, entertaining, holiday based novella that carries all the charm of Jaci Burton’s full length novels.

Alice gets stranded by a snow storm at her best friend’s Oklahoma vineyard wedding venue. This is where Alice meets and is instantly attracted to the neighboring rancher Clay.

Clay realizes that Alice is the one for him but he is going to have a tough time convincing Alice.

The story is fun, flirty and with characters that yo
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I'm always excited when an author starts a new series. And this year we got two new ones from Burton. Exciting! The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission is a sweet, fun, Hallmark movie novella that starts the new series.

For Alice and Clay it was love at first sight, or should I say lust at first sight. These two really want each other. Not that Alice will admit it at first. In fact, she offers her services up as a matchmaker just so she doesn't act on
Living My Best Book Life
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Matchmaker's Mistletoe was a quick holiday romance about falling in love when you least expect it. Jaci Burton brought the sweet that I need and the fire I desire with these amazing characters. I enjoyed the role reversal of the story. This time the matchmaker was the one falling in love instead of being the person to set people up.

A professional matchmaker, Alice Weatherford, finds herself in Oklahoma for her best friend's wedding. She arrives a week early to make sure everythi
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
4.5 Stars
I thought this story was cute. It wasn't deep or life-changing. There was definitely no slow-burn here and if you don't buy into people falling in love in a very short period of time, this book isn't for you.
Meanwhile, if you're looking for a quick, fun, sexy read full of holiday cheer and great chemistry between the main characters, you should snatch this one up!

This was a quick, fun introduction to a new series coming from Jaci Burton and she did a great job of piquing my inte
Michelle
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley. Thank you!

The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission is a quick, fun, lets get ready for Christmas read.

Things I loved:
-Snowed-in trope (perfect for Xmas)
-Insta-chemistry between the two main characters (hey, sometimes you just know)
-Alice goes for it despite the fact that she's only in town through her best friend's wedding
-Overall set up for the series (Family wedding planning/execution business, ranch setting)

Th
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a really fun novella - it gives us both a lovely romance, and as the first in a new series, builds an enticing world for a future installments. I cannot wait for the next one, especially now I have read the blurb (don't do it until you have read this one, it will make it more fun when you do!)

I loved the setting in a rural vineyard, especially when it then snows. The family who run the place are delightful and make Al
Happily Mary After
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-october
The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission is a quick and sexy holiday romance that you don’t want to miss. Alice is a Los Angeles based professional matchmaker and Clay is a slightly cynical cowboy, who calls Oklahoma home. They’re opposites who definitely attract as their chemistry sizzles from the moment they meet. They agree to a smoking-hot but temporary fling, but as the holidays approach and their time together draws to an end, neither is ready to say good bye. Can these two find a way to meet in ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jaci Burton Fans, Romance
3.5 Forest for the Trees Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
We all know the phrase, "Can't See the Forest for the Trees". The inability to see the Big Picture because you may be caught up on all the details ... or you are too close to the situation to see another way. In The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission (Boots and Bouquets, #0.5), Jaci Burton's Alice is suffering from just that.

Alice Weatherford is in Oklahoma for one reason only, to assist and be the maid of honor for her best friend's wedding.
She is a City Ga
Deanna (Deanna Reads Books)
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books

This is the first book I've read by Jaci Burton, although I do have some of her hockey romances on my TBR. I have to admit, I wasn't really ready to read a book set during Christmas when it's barely even fall here in PA. But if you are a fan of Christmas-themed sexy, romances, I think this one might be for you!

This book is an adult romance, so there are a lot of sexy times to be had in it. It's a very steamy book
Helen Williams
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LA native and professional matchmaker Alice Weatherford finds herself stranded at the Red Moss Vineyard in Oklahoma a week before her best friend's wedding This is her first trip to Oklahoma and this epic snow storm is not what she was expecting. She needs a distraction to survive being stuck inside. In walks gorgeous neighboring rancher Clay Henry and oh what a distraction to ride out the storm with!!

Clay grew up with the Bellini sisters and has no problem riding out the storm with
Darcy
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
This one was just ok for me. I had a hard time buying the romance and that Alice would embrace all the Oklahoma things she did when she was just there getting ready for her BFF's wedding. I liked the Bellini's and how they welcomed Alice, but it didn't seem like something like this would happen in real life, which made it hard to buy into.
Bethany
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

Caveat: I didn't realize when I requested this that it is a novella in a larger series. I think it's possible I would have liked it more if I had read the other books, but this is my first time with the author. The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission is a kind of silly, short romance novella about a professional matchmaker and a wealthy cowboy rancher falling in love very quickly during a snow-in.

Alice has flown from Los Angeles to Oklahoma the weekend before her
Julia | gameofreading
3 stars for a holiday novella by Jaci Burton. The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission is a cute, quick romance to get you in the mood for winter & Christmas! (and it still features all the steamy scenes that are a staple in Burton's full length novels.)
Joanna Bennett
So if you don’t know, I haven’t read much romance books in my life. I can count them on one hand. I have read some great ones but this one just didn’t live up to my expectations for a couple of reasons.

One of the reasons I decided to request this book was because of the cover. It is just so cute! I also was intrigued by the synopsis because anything with matchmaking I am here for. That is where one of my expectations fell short at. It seemed that Alice would try to set him up and she
Barb Lie
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Matchmaker’s Mistletoe Mission by Jaci Burton is the first book in her new Boots and Bouquets series. We meet our heroine, Alice Weatherford at the start when she arrives in Oklahoma, to help prepare for her best friend’s wedding that will happen in a week. When Alice arrives at Red Moss Vineyard, the place for the wedding, she ends up stuck there when a major snowstorm hits. Alice is a successful matchmaker by trade, and works out of Los Angeles.

The Bellini family, who own Red M
The Reading Writer- Angie Simmons
I have to admit that I’ve never read any of Jaci Burton’s books before, but man, did she hook me with her new holiday novella.

Matchmaker’s Mistletoe Mission was the perfect blend of holiday and romance. Matchmaker Alice Weatherford flies to Oklahoma from LA to be maid-of-honor at her best friend’s wedding. She wasn’t expecting a crazy snowstorm, and she definitely wasn’t expecting to meet rancher Clay Henry.

When the sparks start flying between Clay and Alice, she questions everything. This nov
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .
REVIEW PROVIDED BY: Kelly
NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4
In The Matchmaker’s Mistletoe Mission we get to meet Alice Weatherford a matchmaker from LA visiting Red Moss Vineyard in Oklahoma for her best friend's wedding. And Clay Henry a local Rancher who just happens to be at the Red Moss Vineyard during a record snow storm.

Alice believes that every good match starts with a list of questions and common interests. Clay on the other hand believes t
LJT
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book blurb is what drew me into The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission by Jaci Burton. This is a hot and steamy novella, that takes place on a vineyard in small town Oklahoma. The vineyard is also a wedding venue. The characters are fun and the food descriptions made my mouth water.

The two main characters, Alice Weatherford, a matchmaker from Los Angeles, and Clay Henry, a local rancher, have undeniable chemistry. Alice is in town to attend her best friend's wedding. She arrives a we
Morgan
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was a really cute novella, perfect for winter and Christmas time, with likable characters and a cozy setting that acts as a set up for an upcoming series.

Because it is novella length, it’s easy to get through in one sitting and the plot moves at a very fast pace. The downside to that however, is the lack of character development and the insta-love factor. This didn’t really bother me, because I was able to suspend my disbelief, but others might be put off by
MMill
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Alice is a matchmaker from LA who arrives early in Oklahoma to scout out the location for her best friend's wedding and ends up snowed in at a ranch with a handsome cowboy. She's definitely not looking for love, and she takes her business very seriously so she tries to distract herself from her attraction to Clay by finding him a match. Their feelings are just too strong to ignore for long, of course. But how can they make their long-distance love work long-term?

I love Jaci Burton, b
Kimberly
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Hearts Alice is a Los Angeles matchmaker but when her best friend’s wedding is in Oklahoma. Oklahoma is nothing like LA. It snows is Oklahoma and Alice is unexpectedly stuck for days. Clay is checking on the Bellini’s when the snowstorm hits and he is also stuck for days at the vineyard. So now we watch the season work…..

Alice connects with Clay but then she decides he needs to be matched up and she doesn’t date her clients. Clay doesn’t want to be mat
Jessi
Professional matchmaker Alice Weatherford offered to go ahead to Oklahoma to help make sure her friend's wedding preparations are on track. She didn't expect to be stranded at the Bellini's ranch (with a set of three daughters who are obviously sequel bait and I am so excited to read Erin's story about falling in love with her fiance's best friend.) Nor did she expect to meet their neighbor, Clay Henry with whom she has such a chemical reaction.
I actually liked this novella, Burton actually man
Jilianne
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and the characters! Four stars mainly because it felt a bit abrupt but that's understandable because it's only a novella. The Bellini sisters/family are just so heartwarming. Meeting them made me happy because they were so welcoming and open. I also like that they're close to the hero (Clay) because they're neighbors and basically grew up together. I loved both the main characters, I just kinda wish it dove more into Clay's family. I guess I'll see glimpses of that in th ...more
Allison
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book unfortunately fell short for me. The premise was cute but because the book was so short, the storyline was rushed and the plot was mediocre at best. The insta-love made me cringe. The writing wasn't anything special. It's something I've read a hundred times before. This would be a cute, extremely quick Christmas read but don't go into it with high hopes.

*thanks to NetGalley for providing an ARC of this book*
Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission is a quick, steamy novella with a sexy cowboy and an LA matchmaker. Alice is town for a friend's wedding and gets conveniently snowed in with Clay leading to a quick romance and lots of heat.

Since it's a novella, there is definitely some instalove and a too quick HEA but this is still a sweet story with likable characters. There will be other books, full length, I hope spinning off from this which I am intrigued about.
aarya
It’s not terrible; I just wasn’t feeling it. I really like Christmas novellas but unfortunately I wasn’t able to overcome my ambivalence toward contemporary ranch/small-town settings. A little bit cliche, but it’s me and not the book. If you’re a fan of Jaci Burton, you’ll probably like this.

DNF at 21%.
Danielle
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

This was a cute story about Alice, a matchmaker, and Clay, a rancher. They had an instant chemistry that seemed natural, and Clay was honest about wanting to be with Alice. I always enjoy Jaci Burton's books. Looking forward to more in the series!

Thank you to NetGalley for the advanced copy!

• Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Sexy Dare (Sexy #1)
  • As Long As I Have You (London Sullivans 1)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe (The Wyoming Cowboy, #3)
  • One Summer Weekend (Cedar Street, #1)
  • Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Lethal Nights (Brute Force, #3)
  • Take Me Now (The Knight Brothers #3.5)
  • Dare Me Tonight (The Knight Brothers, #3)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • A Wedding in December
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #7)
  • Love on Lexington Avenue
  • Faker
  • Tangled Up In Christmas (Texas Heat #2)
  • All I Want for Christmas Is You
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more

Boots and Bouquets (2 books)
  • The Best Man Plan (Boots and Bouquets, #1)