Start by marking “Scorpion Blood (Supernatural Taskforce Academy: Mission One)” as Want to Read:
Scorpion Blood (Supernatural Taskforce Academy: Mission One)

Scorpion Blood

(Supernatural Taskforce Academy #1)

What does an ex-military, a vampire, a phoenix, a wolf shifter,
a fae, and a witch all have in common?
Nothing… other than being handpicked to save the world.

May the Gods save us all.

If someone had told young, ex-Delta Force Ethan James , that supernatural creatures were real, he would have laughed. See to believe was his motto, until one day he was kidnapped by a being that could only exist in dreams… or nightmares. Takenlaughed./>May/>Nothing…/>a
Published October 15th 2019 by Dark Magick Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Scorpion Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scorpion Blood

Start your review of Scorpion Blood (Supernatural Taskforce Academy: Mission One)
Jackie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF - Quit at 41%
I really wanted to like this book -as I like a lot of other books I've read by JL Weil, but the story was just a little too different for me in a bad way. I don't know if this was due to the co-authoring or what, since I've only read 2 books from the other author. I really tried to keep reading, I was ready to quit earlier on, too, but wanted to give this a chance. But by 41%, I was done.

The main character, Renna, was not likable- at all. Nothing about her spoke to me, or
Lauren
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is not your average academy novel.... thank goodness. Even better, these two authors did something I love, which is mix and match some different things like vampires, wolves, shifters, fae, and witches to further the story. I feel like this allows books to come up with better interactions with characters, and this book is no exception. Renna and Scorpion are to die for. I can't wait to read more of this series.
Debbie Eyre
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AN ex-military, a vampire, a phoenix, a wolf shifter, a fae, and a witch, sounds like that start of a bad joke but OMG this is not the case cause this story is amazing! A fantastic collaboration, this has a fantastic storyline and I love the characters . Filled with magic, drama, romance and mythology this will have you hooked from the very start, I should know because I couldn’t put it down!
Staciamedusa
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I've read many books by Jennifer Weil, but the first from Stephany Wallace. I found it refreshing that there was a normal human able to hold his own, somewhat, with the supernatural beings that he encountered. I liked Ethan James(Scorpion) from the start of the book. Other than him wanting to be called scorpion. I liked Ethan better. I'd drove me nuts he insisted on the Scorpion title. He was in the secret service, vowing to serve and protect. He seemed brave, strong, confiden ...more
Genieinachanelbottle
Scorpion Blood Will Rock U Like a Hurricane! J.L. Weli N Stephany Wallace 2 Paranormal Romance Queens have teamed up to bring us something absolutely extraordinary!

Vampires, Witches, Fae, Shifters N 1 Foxy fine Human Guy who is more than he appears to be, Can U say Supernatural Hotness exposition,
All I want to know is where do I sign up to attend STA? Hehe 😉

Renna N Scorpion are decadently delicious together, the feisty fiery chemistry between them is to die for, I
Emma
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Was super happy to hear these 2 authors were teaming up together! I've been a fan of both these lovely ladies so was super hyped.

I liked the character of Renna and Scorpian, it was great to learn about his background but felt like it was really his story and not so much about Renna. Yes we got a few things from her point of view that gave great insight into this world and helped explain things but I feel like it could have worked just fine with 1 POV, even though during some scenes I
Leona
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!!!!
Well let's see what I should say about this first book in this series!? First off, I love Stephany Wallace and J.L.Weil! They are some very talented authors! They also are in love with CLIFFHANGERS! OMG!!!! But they also love to send you on an emotional rollercoaster...lol. At some point in this story, I was like silently screaming NO at Renna and Scorpion for something they were going to do! Then I was like on the edge of my seat wondering if Renna and Scorpion was g
Denise Sherman
This book is amazing.. fast paced and full of action from the beginning to the end.
I loved the characters. Scorpion "Human", Renna " Vampire" ,Trixie "Renna's good friend and a witch" and Catina.. a witch that is new to her powers.
Scorpion (Ethan James - his real name) is a Ex Army Special Forces Commander who is now attending the Supernatural Task Force Academy.
Renna Is beautiful and strong.. but becomes vulnerable to a certain somebody when she meets him..
Trixie the best friend
Michelle Page
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping,unique, and all out awesome

This is probably the best 'Academy' book I have read. The characters are well developed and more mature than many of the other books I have read. When the book starts out and we meet up with Scorpion you quickly get into the action. As we alternate between his POV and Renna's, we see the story line developed, while getting to know them. As soon as these two characters get on the page together there is serious chemistry. Bonding and becoming a team are the ma
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One thing is for sure, Stephany Wallace never disappoints! And now she has teamed up with a fellow author to bring us the Supernatural Taskforce Academy! I loved this book!! It was an exciting read with twists and turns and was very hard to put down. I did read it in one day so...

I will say, it took a bit to like Renna - but she did grow on me as she changed in character. Scorpion - OMGAH. He was yummy from the beginning. A definite overachiever.

The banter between the characters is
Nikki Robledo
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once I started the book I couldn't put it down I really enjoyed the beginning of Ethan and Renna story. There is so many different twist in here I love that there is a mixture of Supernatural in here,
Ethan is so Fearless and runs headfirst into Danger and Renna is right there along with him she's so independent and doesn't want anyone to save her and gets upset if that happens lol. I was so excited when I found out Stephany and J.l.Weil we're writing a book together I knew it was going to
Lisa Maher
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will admit, it took me several chapters to get into this book. I couldn't relate to the characters or story at first, but I stuck with it and after the first five or so chapters, I began to enjoy it. Scorpion is interesting in that he accepts the idea of the paranormal rather quickly. I get that he didn't want to be under the thumb of his father and grandfather anymore, but things seemed a bit too easy in his split from them and his responsibilities as a Secret service agent. Renna has her mom ...more
C.J. Santiago
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Scorpion Blood is an interesting story, complete with supernatural brings grouped together to save the world from all things demonic. Enter Ethan James, ex delta force who just resigned his job in the secret service. He is taken through a portal to the academy where he learns about the inhabitants and why he has been selected to be the only human to set foot there.

Of course there is a girl and she has a complete attitude, vampire or not. But naturslly, he's taken by her pretty face e
Jess
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
The premise is interesting, and hopefully the series (and characters) grows as the authors develop their style together over time. That being said, while I found this an intriguing read, the story really needs to be more fully developed, and generally I have an issue with bratty, immature characters and Renna, well, she isn't someone I would be interested in talking to, ever, but that's just me. Hopefully, as the series continues, the characters and overall concepts will too. I love both of thes ...more
Felicia Semmler
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The taskforce to protect the world

What does it take to save the world? Who would be on your team? Would you select a Vampire, Witch, and a human? Well the STA did and this is their story.

Ex Delta force commander Scorpion is an unlikely choice being human but his unique skill set makes him perfectly qualified.

Renna is a vampire with a bad attitude, no friends, and only relies on herself. Can she trust a human? Can she allow someone else to lead when the world is on the line?

Such a great start
Melissa Moody
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this book! I can't wait until the next book comes out. The characters all have a great chemistry together, so I look forward to seeing them grow together. Totally action packed, and new spins on old characters (vampires, witches, fae, etc.). I'm glad it didn't fall into the 200 page range books, this one was more substantial. I haven't read anything of Stephany Wallace that I didn't love, and this didn't disappoint.
Jeannie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Scorpion Blood” is such a fun book to read. Authors Stephany Wallace and J.L. Weil did a fabulous job creating this new world and academy. The characters are well written and unique. The chemistry between some of them is hot and fun to read about. Ex-Delta Force Ethan or known as Scorpion is a fun character to read about. Much changes in his life and he takes it with a bit of humor and self-confidence. I look forward to the next book in this new series.
Aneesa Bhayat
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome new series and it’s gripping as hell!
I loved the action with searing hot, “melt the pages” romance! The best thing, the back and forth bickering between Renna and Ethan, aka Scorpion.

There’s not a boring moment within this book! But, be warned.... major cliff-hanger that’ll leave you screaming (I actually screamed out loud) “Noooo!”

Great suspense.
Now, I want book 2 and December is just too far away
Auburn
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was not anything that I was expecting. I have read books by these authors before but never like this. They took so many fantasy elements and smashed them up that's it's hard to say which is the most prevalant.
I enjoyed the main characters and the mix of the authors. They did such a great job bringing their individual touches to one crazy new series.
Yarelis Martínez
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love anything paranormal/supernatural so it wasn't a surprise I was drawn to this book. Plus the cover is gorgeous😍. I felt for Scorpion, he didn't had the most loving rising but glad he met his called. Renna is so stubborn but I get it, she wants to proved herself and she does. I'm super curious to see who the new members of the team will be and what their powers are.
LEAH ANN
Wow!!! Loved it!!

What do you get when one of my favorite authors partners up with another author who is new to me? An amazing adventure!!! I love the characters so far. I believe this is going to be an exciting series. I am saddened that it ends with a cliffhanger but anxious for the next book. I thoroughly enjoyed this book! ❤
Chantel Small
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this story.

These characters pull me right in. Renne is incredible heroine. And Ethan James / Scorpion I a guy out of my dreams. This combines all the different paranormal stories and mythical stores into one. Love the chemistry between renne and scorpion. And the Cat scene was awesome. Great paranormal love story read.
Samantha Bridges
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow. This was different then what I expected but it was so good! Idk what to say other than wow that chemistry between Scorpion and Renna! I love anything supernatural so this had my interest the whole time! Can’t wait to find out what happens next!
Beth Bequette
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! The seamless writing between two authors can be tricky, but they pilled it off perfectly! This book was different from other Academy books and ut made me like this book even more. Excited for book 2!
Missy Cetnar
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good start to a new series

I've never read any of Stephany'd books but I've always like J.L.'s so gave this a chance. It's a little slow at first but it got really good. It's a good blending of supernatural and mythology. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series.
Shelby White
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fascinating and exciting start to what is already starting off to be a great series. Love the intriguing story and the dynamics of the characters already introduced. Can’t wait to see where this series takes us with its flawless writing engaging content.
Melissa
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed thebook. A bit different than what I usually read from Stephany. I loved Renna from the get go. Scorpion, he grows on you too. A bit hard to follow at first, but towards the end I finally got the flow from the story. Will read thr next book. Does seem exciting what what they have to do.
Essiery
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those "academy" books That isn't really academy. The academy part is minor... Still, it's one hell of a ride! I loved it. It was very action packed and I loved getting to know Scorpion and finding out how this taskforce is getting started. I can't wait for more!!!
Kelly Schreiner
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started the book I thought "ugh, this isn't my kinda book." Before I knew it I couldn't turn the pages fast enough and then.... it was over. Strong leads and well written story line make this the first of many on my reading list!
Alice Addie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing new story

This story is very well written and the story plot is great. Scorpion and Renna are totally fantastic. I love the connection between them and the fire they have. The world of supernatural creatures

International Bestselling Author Stephany Wallace has been writing since she was about 12 years old. Thanks to the influence of her Literature teacher who was also a poet,  began to write Poetry, which allowed her passion for writing to grow. Writing songs followed as her love extended to music. An artist at heart and soul, she enjoys all forms of Art, and occasionally indulges in drawing, playing ...more

Supernatural Taskforce Academy (2 books)
  • Mystique Blaze (Supernatural Taskforce Academy: Mission Two)