Start by marking “The Source: Origins” as Want to Read:
The Source: Origins

The Source: Origins

The Gods above have conferred upon the Dominion an extraordinary power: the Source. Yet only few are able to harness its energy. A society divided since the Dread Days clings to a relative stability that the Council of Five has been tasked to safeguard.

But now, the balance of power is threatened once more. Puzzling attacks leave villages destroyed, and two Coun
Published September 8th 2019 by Spring Cedars LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Source, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Source

Start your review of The Source: Origins
Karas Jim
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
A fascinating story taking place in a world that feels remarkably, and bleakly, original. This story successfully mingles medieval themes such as religious zealotry, sexual promiscuity, lordship and peasantry, with the bleak, post-apocalyptic patterns of mystery, desolation and despair.

Almost all of the main characters are equipped with their own backstories and struggle to come to terms with the reality of their world and the rapidity of the plot's proceedings, which seemingly guide
Amy's Review Obsession
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Adepts and Overseers have constantly been butting heads since the beginning of time. With brutal attacks happening over the city, leaving many injured and two Council members dead -- they work to challenge themselves to uncover the truths that are weaved into their lives in the web of myths.

Overall, I had such a great time reading these complex characters as they uncover the truths. What is real and what is not. These character each have such an individualism that I absolutely lo
George Abichaker
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Dominion is rattled by violence affecting its outer villages. Members of the council have been murdered and age old distrust between the Academy and the Temple have perpetuated conspiracy theories. Adepts have the ability to harness the power of the source and they definitely do so in this engrossing novel! The source is an action packed adventure that leaves you on the edge of your seat at the end of every chapter. It felt like a combination of science fiction, murder mystery, fantasy, and ...more
Karl Xavier
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, read it in a weekend. Almost every chapter ends with some sort of bang, and the ending even more so (I really want to know what happens next). I liked the multiple perspectives, it felt like a puzzle slowly coming together as we get bits and pieces, and hints, about the world and its inhabitants. Granted, it took a few chapters to really get immersed, but once I did, the prose flowed well and I felt like I was in the Dominion. Pleasantly surprising find.
ilow_woli
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read! Really enjoyed the story line and the character development. It’s very well written. Loved some passages so much, I re-read them just to better savor the literary sophistication. Dialogues are fun and well-paced. Also made me LOL quite a few times. Finally a new series to be excited about. Highly recommended.
Casey Mcdonald
Nov 13, 2019
Nikita Afsar
marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2019

• The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
  • The Legacy (Rivers Wilde, #1)
  • The Giver of Stars
  • Red at the Bone
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • Hidden
  • The Secrets We Kept
  • Transfer: A Supernatural Horror Novel
  • My Purple Scented Novel
  • The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles, #3)
  • The Flames of My Fathers
  • Wilder Girls
  • Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Bruges-La-Morte
  • The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2)
  • Collected Essays 5: Philosophy, Autobiography and Miscellany
  • The Couple Next Door
  • How to Make Friends with the Dark
A.J. Witt lives in Manhattan and writes under a pseudonym. He is a corporate attorney by day and by night. At dawn and dusk, he uses his wild imagination to create fantastical worlds.