Start by marking “Working Stiff (Runaway Billionaires #1)” as Want to Read:
Working Stiff (Runaway Billionaires #1)

Working Stiff

(Runaway Billionaires #1)

Here’s the problem: when Rox was hired, she told her smoking-hot boss Cash that she was married, but she’s not. Now, three years later, she’s kind of accidentally living with him, and he’s being a perfect gentleman, dang it.

Everybody in the office said that Cash was a heartbreaker, that he’d bump her and dump her, so Rox decided not to become a statistic. She went out an
Published September 2019 by Malachite Publishing LLC (first published May 11th 2016)

Zeek
Okay I lie, I dnf'd it, so technically not read. I don't know why I pick these books up because I always hate them. This one I was "okay" with for a little, even though I pegged it as college age romantic fantasy early on. When the author lost me? ::And I'm laughing even now at the ridiculousness of it as I write this::... (view spoiler) ...more
Amber
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Working Stiff is such a wonderfully intriguing and beautifully touching story of two people who long to be loved and seen for who they truly are. The tremendous emotion that flows through these pages is delightfully offset by the warm humor that finds its way into the most intense situations at times. While I have loved each of Blair Babylon’s books, this one had a very different yet vibrant feel to it. It was rich, decadent, and yet still very much down to earth and true to the author’s heart. ...more
Gaufre
May 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 50%

I read a lot of free kindle downloads and my tolerance for crappy outlandish contemporary romances is really high. Yet, I despise this book.

Rox (short for Roxanne) is a paralegal for Cash (short for Casimir). She lied about being married when she was hired so that Cash, who is a notable womanizer, would not hit on her and so she can keep working with him.

One good thing: the sex scenes are well written

Bad things in no particular order:
- Rox goes back and forth being confident at work
T.M. Payne
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book: Working Stiff: Casimir (Runaway Billionaires #1)
Author: Blair Babylon
Publication Date: 5/17/2016
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW

*May contain spoilers *

I have read quite a few books by this author and I am going to say I think this one is my favorite so far. One thing I love is we hear of others from previous series, which I always love when an author does that.
In this story, we have Casimir aka Cash. Cash lives in California and he is a lawyer in a firm
ButtonsMom2003
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-from-author
Blair Babylon has done it again! I love this book!

I’ve been in love with Blair Babylon’s books for quite a while now. Each time I read a new one her stories continue to captivate me.

Working Stiff is the latest addition to her Billionaires in Disguise (BID) world but it’s also the start of a new series she’s titled Runaway Billionaires. This book is a standalone – no cliffhanger. Yay!! You don’t need to have read any of her other BID books to enjoy this one but you really should because they are
Emily
When Rox was hired by Cash, she knew his legendary reputation he was a one and done type man. He made no bones about sampling any woman who offered, as long as she was not married. Rox knew herself enough to know that if Cash made a pass, she probably would accept so she chose to pretend she was married. Three years later, Rox and Cash are a great work team. The southern belle keeps Cash on his toes and Cash can be himself with Rox.

However, when Cash gets into a situation where he needs Rox by
Tami
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: babylon
This review is based on an ARC provided by the author and /or publisher via Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest opinion.

I liked this contemporary romance. Royalty and an honest to God honest attorney make up our Hero. Our heroine is a feisty southern spitfire. Parts of this book were so sweet and adorable you could chip a tooth. There was some action too. There was a lot of hot sex. They even tiptoed into BDSM. The author gives you a little of everything here.

******I will be spotlighti
Claire Mackenzie-neville
DNF at 57% because I just can't anymore! This is, hands down, one of the worst books I've ever read.

It's already three times as long as it should be at 57% which wouldn't be a problem if it were interesting, but it isn't. It's as dull as dust. Boring, boring, boring!

The writer doesn't seem to have done any research and has clearly never met a lawyer. They don't behave that way. They certainly don't just dismiss concerns that something is wrong, without first asking to see the evidence with the
MJ
New update... Mar 19
So, still loving this book and Arthur's 2. Reread them at least each year.
STILL waiting on Max's book(s?).
***

Update: May 17
Well, the third book (part two of the second story) is due out very soon, so I reread bk1... and was able to completely let go of the little 'eerks' and just enjoy the book. AND by the time I finished, I upgraded from 3 to 4 stars.

****

Decisions, decisions! Now I really enjoyed this book... even tho it did have a few issues that have set me ranting in o
Yvette Karns
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
Just can't get enough of Cash and Rox. This is the second time I have read this book and it is still pretty good. Friends to Romance/ excitement and of course so pretty good sex scenes is involved. Mainly I just love how it took these two 3 years to admit their true feelings. Can't wait to read the next in the series.
Kelshei
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are so many potential clichés in this book that I full expected to give myself a migraine from the amount of eye rolling it was likely to induce. Somehow, however, Blair Babylon has taken all of those clichés and has woven them together into a book that really works! What I loved most about the book is the chemistry between Rox and Cash. They are, first and foremost, friends. And, thankfully, the fact that they have both been hurt before and are, therefore, worried that they will be hurt a ...more
Yuvee
May 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book has so much potential. A sassy heroine and a swoon worthy hero with combustible chemistry, what more could you ask for? Sadly the author spoiled that by giving us a lot of page filler crap that gets more ridiculous as it goes on. There are just too much going on that at times it feels like wading through mud just to find a tiny bit of gold at the end.
Ana Oh
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, Love, Love Cash!

I am a fan of most of Blair Babylon's books. They are funny, serious, intense, and sexy. I think this character was first introduced in another book during a wedding, just as an observation from one of the main characters. I was really hoping the author would make a book about him! Casimir's story is amazing!!!
Dawn Yacovetta
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roxanne Neil (Rox) has been working as a paralegal for Casimir Friso van Amsberg (Cash) for three years without incident. And she prides herself on being the only female paralegal who can work in close proximity with him and not end up in his bed. Of course, being nothing like the handsome sexy women Cash goes for, a little on the heavy, voluptuous side, has helped, along with the rings she bought after her first day in the office, which she wears prominently on her left hand so everyone believe ...more
Debra
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Rox, a paralegal, is hired to work for attorney Cash she is warned that he was a heartbreaker, dating his way through the office staff. His one rule – never date a married woman. So Rox shows up with wedding rings and a make-believe husband.

Now three years later, they have a great relationship working closely, traveling, joking around and being friends. Suddenly Rox finds herself evicted when her landlord discovers she has broken the no pet clause. Rox has three cats she has adopted from th
Gea
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being judged by the exterior is from all times and places and some people can be extremely cruel because others don't measure up to their standards.
But this brother who is the culprit (besides the media) wants the throne and is probably searching for reasons to get there.

It's awesome that Cash is a lawyer and has such charisma and high standards.
Rox is also smart and caring, but also sensitive and passionate.
Can you tell I'm a fan of Blair?

To write about the royal family from the Netherlands was
Erin
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Blair Babylon book. I thought I knew what to expect: gorgeous rich guy who can, and has, slept with all the beautiful women is inexplicably attracted to a chubby woman with low self-worth, but a heart of sassy gold. And at it's most basic that is this story, but the characters are more complex than cliche, and the plot has impressive layers with Casimir's back story, the mystery that bring Cash & Rox together, and international exploits to boot. I cared about these characte ...more
Denise Vasak
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This book was ok, but sigh... editors are truly needed for these kinds of books. Plus I didn't sign up for nor did I know that there would be any bondage-y type moments and there were a few. I liked the core couple and how their relationship eventually played out, but some of the other stuff felt extraneous and a bit tedious at points. For her to be such a smart girl, she sure was missing out on some pretty obvious clues in relation to this dude.
Barbara M.
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Working Stuff (Runaway Billionaires: Casimir):...

WOW, this book was absolutely wonderful, definitely a must read! This Author really knows how to keep you turning those pages! This is a great series, if you like mystery, love stories, drama and sexy characters, this is it! Many thanks, Honey Bee 🐝📚💙🎶
P
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good!!

This book had me from page one. A nice sexual tension, forbidden attraction, a lot of surprises, some angst, some danger. A well written story with a good pace. I loved it!
Cara
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked about this one is that it had a little bit of everything. What I didn't like, was if I read the word ghosted one more time! All I can think of is the author watched shameless, and got stuck on it.
Patricia Henry
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Disguise?

Casimer, lawyer extra-ordinary, wants Rox, his paralegal assistant, to not be married. She wants him to not be such a flirt and ghost lover. Both have a lot to learn about the other. An interesting read, part of a series.
Anna Holmes
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this novel! It was a quick, fun read. Blair pulls in her readers and makes them care for her characters. I felt really bad for Casimir in the beginning, but he was up for the challenge. I think it is a fabulous read and you should pick it up if you love a good romance novel.
Stacie Stopen
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blair has this way of creating characters so real, you feel that you should be able to find them on Social Media and friend them.
I loved this book and the characters. I want to live in Blair’s world!
Courtenay Bennett
Wonderful book! Loved the characters, the story and the mystery! Another excellent installment in Blair's amazing world!
Kathleen Downey
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by author. I enjoy her books.
Cindi
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous story

I love Blair Babylon's books, she tells a really great story, has a wicked sense of humor and plenty of twists and turns to keep you wanting more.
Becky Darsey
Fast read of what I categorize as "garbage books" - not for you if you are looking for anything beyond mindless entertainment
Mandi Morgan
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining and sweet. Great characters and storyline. Though at times it seems they are better as friends and the relationship is forced. The ending feels a bit rushed. But a good story.
Becky
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was great! I'm now onto the next one in the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Private Affair
  • Christmas Redemption
  • Tony's Haven (Sherman Family #2)
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)
  • A Billionaire Wolf for Christmas (Heart of the Wolf #26)
  • The Trouble With Sexy (Rock Canyon, Idaho, 0.5)
  • Taboo (Penthouse Pleasures Book 1)
  • Rose (Thorn Tattoo Studio #1)
  • Scorched (Rulers of the Sky, #1)
  • Choosing Chase
  • PowerLess (Power Chain #3)
  • Beyond The Boardroom (Dynasties: The Elliotts #12)
  • Extrasensory (Phoenix Agency, #2)
  • A Love For Always (Always, #3)
  • The Bedroom Business
  • Bitten Under Fire
  • Obsession
  • Lucky Star
If you like my books and want to know when I've got a new one out--
FRIEND ME HERE ON GR.

Blair Babylon often releases ebooks at a special release-day price of 99c.

To never miss a sale, CLICK HERE: http://smarturl.it/Babylon-Email

Blair Babylon is the nom de plume of an award-winning, USA Today-bestselling author who used to publish literary fiction. Because professional reviews of her other ficti

Runaway Billionaires (3 books)
  • Stiff Drink: Arthur Duet #1 (Runaway Billionaires #2)
  • Hard Liquor (Runaway Billionaires #3; Arthur Duet #2)