Start by marking “Rectoverso” as Want to Read:
Rectoverso

Rectoverso

Dewi Lestari yang bernama pena Dee, kali ini hadir dengan mahakarya unik dan pertama di Indonesia. "Rectoverso" merupakan hibrida dari fiksi dan musik, terdiri dari sebelas cerita pendek dan sebelas lagu yang bisa dinikmati secara terpisah maupun bersama-sama. Keduanya saling melengkapi bagaikan dua imaji yang seolah berdiri sendiri tapi sesungguhnya merupakan satu kesatua ...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Goodfaith

To ask other readers questions about Rectoverso, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Rectoverso
Tinton
Dec 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
when I see black then I just realize the existence of white.. when I'm down suddenly I feel strong for knowing that I was on the top on the old days..

When I'm sad I just think about something happy in the past..
When I'm so burdened with the work load, I'm just thankful for not being an unemployment one..

When I'm fear about the uncertainty of the world condition nowadays, then I'm brave to make a stand & strong point to determine my own future, to be the master of my future.. I command my self no
Windy Rachmawati
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
and I have it with Dee's signature hohohohoh
Jeremy Randolph
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
a really mellow book,
some of the stories haunts me...
like this unique metaphore about a guy who grows up only eating a chicken's back and didn'nt know there are other parts of a chicken, and a guy who only sees his crush's back his entire life, and it was enough for him.
it also recommends a song that will be good to listen to while reading the book, to give it a little bit of context or maybe just Dee's personal touch that made this book a unique experience to read.
Syifa
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
alfapuspita
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, romance
A combo of beauty and heartbreak.
Fadhila Astari
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Not really satisfying, but i like it anyway
Renaldi
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good
Ika Natassa
Oct 15, 2008 rated it liked it
i was lucky to get this book in a complete package with the cd directly from the rectoverso marketing team (dewi signed them, thanks dee). will explain later why i'm only giving three stars to a book written by my favorite author ;)

okay, so here it is. i first fell in love with her writing through supernova 1 (which i've read probably more than 10 times, cover-to-cover), i thought and still think that it's the most brilliantly written fiction book in indonesia so far: it's sad but not sappy, sma
Ludya Simanjuntak
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
hauntingly beautiful.
The one with the title Malaikat Juga Tahu proceeds to make me sob like a baby. There is just nothing like mother's love ....
Nisa
Oct 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Interesting. I haven't listened to the album (yet) but I have this feeling that it's gonna be as awesome (if not more) as the book.

11 little stories, accentuated with cute little graphics that somehow reminds me of Tim Burton, which are mysterious and touching and beautiful all at the same time. Some of the stories kind of show me that sometimes human beings are incapable of expressing all their feelings in words. Sometimes, a smile, or a hug, or even silence is enough.

My personal favorite is th
Eksi Nadiasti
Oct 27, 2008 rated it liked it
I don’t know how to describe this book, except for the obvious that this book contains of 11 independent stories, which although didn’t relate with each other but somehow connected by invisible silver line.

About how the story is written, it’s just Dee being herself. It’s good, brilliantly written, I love how she choose her words and her description of places and feelings. It doesn’t need too much conversation between the characters to liven up the book, descriptions of emotions and places are e
Angie Ester
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first romance novel which didn't make me cringe while reading all the stories.

All eleven stories represent a real situation you'd find in real life, or you never thought you'd find in the real life but it's there.
I personally don't like Indonesian romance books in general, only some could fit my taste, but I feel love, I fall in love in reality so I can enjoy this as much. :)

I always love how Dee makes each sentences, each song lyrics. I've heard some songs before reading the story
Zaza
Oct 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers
Shelves: i-own
Love the stories...I always like how Dee tell stories, how she choses her words...
She's brilliant, a multitalented artist...

my favorite will be "Grow a Day Older" and "Malaikat Juga Tahu"..

My favorite quotes are....
"Ia sudah tahu. Cintanya adalah paket air mata, keringat, dan dedikasi untuk merangkai jutaan hal kecil agar dunia ini menjadi tempat yang indah dan masuk akal bagi seseorang. Bukan baginya. Cintanya tak punya cukup waktu untuk dirinya sendiri."

"When I was very grateful for every fair
Annisa
Oct 23, 2008 rated it really liked it

My personal favorite is th
Noni Wardani
Jan 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
I savoured this book 'til its last drop of words. It's like having the best tiramisu in a perfect afternoon. You don't want it to finish and wish to keep the taste forever in your mouth. That's how i feel reading this book. Since there's only 11 stories..correction.. 11 wonderful short stories, which actually easy for me to finish reading in a day, I had to force myself to close the book and keep it away before continuing to the next story. Sounds silly, huh. But the waiting for the next greatne ...more
Lia Andini
Nov 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
I think this book is unique, because Dewi Lestari doesn't only write several short stories and poetries in it but she also creates some songs about the stories and poetries. One or two of the stories and songs are written in English. In my opinion, her English is very good. Dewi has an excellent ability in choosing a right word to express certain emotional feeling. Her story always makes me think deeply, although unlike Supernova, this book is not a hard-boiled book. Recto Verso is also a very r ...more
Purnama
Nov 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-have-read
Another masterpiece by Dee.

The concept was original, producing two ways to enjoy the fiction. Haven't actually bought the CD, but have listened to their tracks over from their website.

It's very 'Dee'. Firasat is my fave among all. Followed closely by Malaikat Juga Tahu. Friends who haven't followed Dee have tell me that this is kinda heavy and that they don't understand her way of thinking. It may not as light as Filsafat Kopi, but sure it's not as heavy as Supernova.
Ivan
Dec 21, 2008 rated it liked it
a book from Dee that needs two, three, and four considerations before deciding to buy it.. and i can say that 'rectoverso' is not the best short stories anthology in the world. 'Filosofi Kopi', for example, is better in composition, suspense, characterization, and exploration. Saya cuma mengingat dua cerita dalam 'rectoverso' (salah satunya juga berkat video klip lagunya).

'rectoverso', bagi saya, terkesan hanya menjual desain. I don't really enjoy it.
Theresia
Dec 22, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: f-indonesian
Not as good as "Filosofi Kopi" but still distinctly clear, witty and just so Dee. As always, Dee unearths a profound meaning beneath a simple surface that's often taken for granted and is careful about rhythm, diction and grammar. She's a fluent storyteller, not even once falter in her step thus making all her stories in this book a lucid enjoyment to read. Regarding the so-Dee tone, I often have to remind myself that it's a story and not her lifestory itself.

Thumbs up, Dee!
Dee Octivina
Apr 24, 2011 rated it liked it
11 songs, 11 stories.
Beautiful...

The most I love is "Grow a day older" :). It's an easy, beautiful, simply love story. my heart fluttered a lot while reading it. A love that's go with the flow. Let it be wherever, whenever, whatever it will be. I quote the last sentences...

"I'd like to find the guy who invented the proverb 'go with the flow' and lead him to an ocean full of hungry sharks. And see how he would flow. I'd really like to know."

:D

3 Stars from me! ⭐⭐⭐
Eryani N. Yulita
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dee is one of my favorite Indonesian writer I can proud of. Her writing masterpieces are amazing, starts from the way she writes and the chosen words she put on her novels with such a unique concept.

Rectoverso is one of her novels which I like the most. She combines each story on the book with a song that reflects the story. The stories inside, most of them are special, worth to wait, and enjoy to read :)

Overall... great!
Dwita
Oct 06, 2008 rated it liked it
for me (a "Dee" reader)..it's another brilliant masterpiece. Light, yet full of smart chosen words..
Simple, yet deep of meaning..
Surely, it's a rhyme of life. Each story has its own soul..collide within the music.
and it's true, when u said: read the music, and hear the story:)
Well, it's just a "dee" way, like usual..
J30000110
Nov 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Launched together with the song album sung by the writer (Dee a.k.a Dewi Lestari)this book ....however... brings a new idea in story packaging. Listening the songs while reading this book will fly our imagination. Then, we will have our personal film in our brain about the stories, fited out by the soundtracks.
aridewi
Feb 02, 2010 rated it did not like it
Utterly disappointing. I fell in love with Supernova (the 1st trilogy), and thought it was such a blast, it might had been a breakthrough in the history of Indonesian lit. After the 1st trilogy, all other books are going downhill. Seems like, Dee has set the bar that apparently too high, even for herself.
Vendy Halim
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dewi-lestari-dee
Every coin has two sides. And, I believe that every person can extract more than two sides from a single story. A romance, for example, can be born from a composition of mentality, social orders, linkages, connections, ups-and-downs, or even false hopes. A good collection of woven short stories, I must say.
Riva malida
Jan 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I like this book when i read the sinopsis of the books...

But the problem is::::
After i read the sinosis, i read the sinopsis of Dongeng ke 13..
And i wan't that books too..
So i must choose, between that books or Recto Verso...

I don't know what i must choose..

Cecillia
Jan 11, 2009 rated it liked it
It was ok :) I prefer "Filosofi Kopi" to this one :D. Some stories are very insightful, though. Bad typography in my personal opinion...hehehe....so 3 stars for this one (well, actually... if there's 2.5 stars..... :p)
Kartina
May 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
A compilation of short stories authored by Dee, unique as it is paired with an album that also narrates the book. To me, Dee delivered the stories alluringly, nevertheless, some of them just cannot grab the root. Quoting Clay Aiken, it's just not cup of tea.
Distya
Jul 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
I definitely addicted with this book and also it's album. Both really affecting and inspiring my day. Rectoverso's a brilliant, touching, and genuine masterpiece of Dewi Lestari. This book'd made me cried, smiled, and sang at the same time.
Ardini
Dec 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
rather confusing for me but a fine reading material
I love this book because the difference from any other book and life's lesson that I learned. Things that make RectoVerso different because while I read the stories, I can enjoy the song. I got two things in one package, the stories and the songs
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Menyelami cerita cinta, tanpa sedu sedan yang berlebih 2 23 Nov 20, 2015 12:53AM
11:11 Rectoverso 13 118 Jul 19, 2014 05:09AM

• Laskar Pelangi
  • 5 cm
  • Antologi Rasa
  • Hujan Bulan Juni
Dee Lestari, is one of the bestselling and critically acclaimed writers in Indonesia.
Born in January 20, 1976, she began her debut with a serial novel: Supernova in 2001. Supernova’s first episode, Kesatria, Putri, dan Bintang Jatuh (The Knight, The Princess, and The Falling Star), was sold phenomenally, achieving a cult status among Indonesian young readers. She has published four other episodes: