Start by marking “Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)” as Want to Read:
Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)

Cold Heart Creek

(Detective Josie Quinn #7)

As the sun rises, the last glow of the campfire is just visible through the mist and the trees. The young couple are laid out on their backs beside the small blue tent, their hands clasped between them, their eyes open, their hearts cold…

When a park ranger stumbles across the bodies of newlyweds Valerie and Tyler Yates by a creek in the small town of Denton, Detective
Published December 2nd 2019 by Bookouture

Start your review of Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)
Debra
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*CRACK*

That is the sound of Lisa Regan hitting it out of the ballpark once again with another installment of her Josie Quinn Series. This was another heart-pounding, page-turning, roller coaster ride of a police procedural with heart! Lisa Regan is the new force to be reckoned with when it comes to suspense/thriller/drama/mysteries.

The book begins when a park ranger finds the bodies of a young married couple by a campsite with a third sleeping bag empty. As Josie and her team are called in to
Meredith
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A Creepy Cult, A Mysterious Kidnapping, A Hermit, and Multiple Murders! Oh my!

Cold Heart Creek focuses on dual mysteries that involve a lost camper, a mysterious pregnant woman, and a creepy cult. This is book #7 in the Detective Josie Quinn series, and it is by far my favorite!

When Josie and her partner (and boyfriend), Noah, are called to investigate a murder at a campsite in Central PA, they find two bodies but three sleeping bags. Who the third camper is and how they escaped is one of the
PamG
COLD HEART CREEK by Lisa Regan is the seventh book in the Detective Josie Quinn series. This book worked well as a standalone novel for me, but the previous books would likely add more background and show character evolution over time.

This story takes place in and around Denton, Pennsylvania. When a park ranger finds two bodies near Cold Heart Creek, Detective Josie Quinn and her boyfriend, Lieutenant Noah Fraley and many others from the Denton police force work the case. When combing the area,
Mandy White
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
What can I say about Detective Josie Quinn that I have not said before? This series is just fantastic, always so much going on in both her personal and professional lives. Always pushing the boundaries to get the results. Josie cares about her victims, wants justice for their families and friends. She has her demons that she struggles to fight, especially in this book. This is a series that I always jump to read when a new one comes out, can't get enough.

This time there is twisty and complicated
Linda Strong
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Detective Josie Regan wakes up in the middle of the night screaming... sometimes she's on the floor, covered in sweat and tears. Her childhood was horrifying and she still suffers today. Her so-called mother is in prison and is dying. Her other wants her to come see her before her death ... but Josie wants no part of this evil, evil, monster.

She's trying to not let this interfere with her latest case. A married couple is found in the woods near a creek. What starts out as an apparent accidental
Katie Mettner
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Regan is a rising star in this genre and her depiction of a flawed but morally upstanding female detective has set her apart in the industry often overshadowed by male authors. No one tells a tale like Lisa Regan does. Cold Heart Creek is everything you expect from a Josie Quinn novel and SO much more. This is truly a walk through the dark side of humanity done in a way that never snuffs out the light completely. The verse, "The light shines in the darkness and the darkness shall not ...more
Monnie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I ever made a list of my 10 favorite book "heroines," Josie Quinn would be in there somewhere. Yes, she's got emotional baggage as a result of an extremely abusive childhood, but unlike way too many other lead characters with similar backgrounds, she doesn't whimper and whine about it and gets on with her life in fine fettle (excepting perhaps those awful nightmares). That life, for the record, includes her duties as a detective in largely rural parts of Pennsylvania and Noah, a partner both ...more
Elaine Tomasso
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Cold Heart Creek, the seventh novel to feature Detective Josie Quinn of the Denton, Pennsylvania Police Dept.

When the bodies of two campers are found in the woods Josie and the team are called in to investigate. Not only do the deaths look suspicious but there is evidence of a third person who is now missing.

I thoroughly enjoyed Cold Heart Creek which is an action packed investigation with plenty of twists and turns. Does it
Lou
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cold Heart Creek is the seventh instalment in the Detective Josie Quinn series set in Denton, Pennsylvania. It isn't necessary to have read any of the previous books in order to understand and enjoy this so feel free to jump right in. Josie and her crew are called in to investigate when the remains of two campers are discovered in the woods by a creek. Evidence shows there was another person who had been present, a woman, and so an intensive search for her begins immediately as she could be in ...more
Monica Mac
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The seventh book in the series (already? that has gone so fast!), and just as good as the others.

Josie Quinn is a police officer, and a good one, despite a very rough start in life. She has Noah by her side, and it hasn't always been easy for the two of them but things seem to be working out quite well at the moment. Her mother seems to be reaching out to her but considering what she did to Josie when she was young, this is something Josie needs to consider very carefully indeed.

This is one
Kat Dietrich

Cold Heart Creek by Lisa Reganis the seventh in the Detective Josie Quinn series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Bookouture, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background: (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books)
Once Acting Chief of Police, Josie Quinn is now doing what she is best suited for. She’s back to being a detective and happy. She is learning to love her new-found
Robin Loves Reading
Detective Josie Quinn has her hands full when she is called in to investigate the discovery of two bodies found at a campsite by a creek. Evidence shows that there was a third person there, a woman, so a desperate search is under way. Meanwhile, Josie is grappling with the fact that her dying mother wants to see her once last time.

Josie came from a dark and disturbed past. The woman she called her mother is actually a woman who kidnapped her, only to brutally abuse her for years. Josie has come
Maranda
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a number 1 author on my List. Love this series. Regan tells great crime drama that entwine together to make for a fantastic read. Josie Quinn Series should be read from the beginning to really get the dynamics of the characters. Having read all of this series except for the first one; when I picked it up recently I just kept nodding my head as to "OK that makes sense now" Troubled Past, Romance, and Josie's goal to safe lives make this novel impossible to put down. "A copy of this book ...more
Dana Mason
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Of all the emotions I’ve felt while reading the Detective Josie Quinn books, this is the first time I’ve ugly cried while reading one. You could say it’s because I’ve grown attached to these characters, or because, on some level, I can relate to them, but it’s not that. It’s the incredible writing and storytelling by Lisa Regan. I truly experienced every emotion while reading this story.

There’s some seriously dark stuff in this book and some dark people. With such a wide cast of characters, I
Denise
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the 7th book in a series and I've read all of them, in order, and suggest that you not tackle this as a standalone as there is a lot of backstory in Detective Josie Quinn's personal and professional life.

In this installment, Josie and her live-in boyfriend, Noah Fraley (also a Detective), are called to a campsite where they find two bodies. Husband and wife, Tyler and Valerie Yates, appear to have been poisoned. As they search the campsite, it's obvious that most of their belongings have
DeAnn
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
4.5 thriller stars

It’s hard to believe that this is #7 in this series. I love that Lisa Regan writes these quickly because I don’t lose track of characters or back stories. I adore the character of Josie Quinn. She’s a flawed detective with plenty of baggage, but I root for her and get swept up in all the danger that she finds herself in with these tales. You could read this as a stand-alone, but I think it would be much better to start with #1, “Vanishing Girls” and read them all.

In this one,
Sue Plant
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lisa-regan
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this book in a great series

two bodies are found in the woods under suspicious circumstances, they are found to be poisoned, and strangled.... the woman victim was found to have a black walnut necklace in her throat....

there is also signs of another person that was camping out with them but they have disappeared...the trail leads to the mysterious group or cult that is hidden there, deep in the woods

on the way back to town josie
Cathy Geha
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cold Heart Creek by Lisa Regan
Detective Josie Quinn #7

Nightmares are plaguing Josie’s sleep making it difficult to get enough sleep. Having murders to solve and missing people to find seems to increase her stress and keep her nightmares coming. The fact that the woman she has believed was her mother is dying and wants to see her one more time only compounds the emotional issues she has to deal with while trying to solve the mystery of who killed a young married couple and what happened to the
Berit☀️✨
𝔅𝔈𝔖𝔗 𝔒𝔑𝔈 𝔜𝔈𝔗

This series just keeps getting better and better and better... this is the seventh book in the series end it could be read as a standalone, but I would strongly encourage you to read this entire series. There is so much character growth throughout the books and the characters continuous story arc adds to the brilliance of the series. The story kicks off with two dead bodies at a campsite in the woods and then a pregnant woman fleeing out of the trees in the same forest. As Josie and
Judy Odom
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars for me

Book 7 in the Josie Quinn series and each book gets better than the last !

Josie and Noah are investigating the death of 2 campers and disapperance of another. The case leads them a cult which results in not one or two but many suspects.

The pages turn quickly and I never saw the ending coming . Twists and turns will keep you reading.

Dont miss this book or the series.

Thanks to NetGalley and Bookouture for the opportunity to read Cold Heart Creek.
Jessica Jade
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Yet another incredible Josie Quinn story from Lisa Regan. I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of this series. As soon as I finish one I want to start another.
I don’t think that one was as twisty as the others in the series but it was still unbelievably jam packed with action, twists and surprises. I couldn’t have called this one at all and I loved how it ended, especially for Josie.

I would seriously recommend reading this series to EVERYONE because it is by far one of the best crime series I
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Ms Regan what have you done to me! This is by far my favourite in the series, holy mackerel! There is a running theme of books I have been reading lately…cults. This is a super creepy topic to tackle as it is, but when Regan got her mitts on this subject she made it ten times worse.

Josie finally got her holiday at last woohoo!! We see her and Noah back from that holiday and her nightmares are back and this time with such a force and a vengeance I would not want to sleep either! She is struggling
Kristin
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Netgalley for an advance copy of Cold Heart Creek, the seventh novel in the Josie Quinn series by Lisa Regan.

This book is readable as a stand-alone but it is much more rewarding if you start with book one and follow the character growth! When I read the first Josie Quinn book I was actually a little meh on Josie but as the series has progressed I have grown to love her.

The plot of this story was very dark. From the get-go Josie knows she’s being lied to by many of the
Kat
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect, wonderful and brilliant !!
Lisa Regan has excelled herself once more writing the 7th book in the Detective Josie Quinn series and I really do think this is her best one yet. She is such an astounding writer this book had everything you want in a police procedural with a whole lot more besides the book is so well written, the characters are all totally believable and non of it is ever predictable. I think we see a different side to Josie in this story and my god she has so much going on
peggy
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The seventh in the Josie Quinn series and I must admit I am addicted. Each time there is a new book released it goes straight to the top of my reading list. I have never been disappointed. Josie is a complex lady with a past that was both abhorrent and heartbraking. In this read we learn more about her childhood and we have bodies in the woods. Now will just have to read this book yourself. I devoured this book, once I started reading everything else was on hold. This read kept me glued to my ...more
Julie Lacey
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is another great book in the Josie Quinn series. Josie and the team are called in to investigate when the remains of two campers are discovered in the woods by a creek.
It seems bad but then they realise it’s worse than they thought as it seems there was another person there, who is now missing.
The search begins but the team are up against it.
With this to deal with, Josie is also experiencing nightmares relating to the abuse from her mother and is struggling to sleep.
This is an
Cindy
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This author can weave a tale that always takes you on a journey but it's never in a straight line and it never ends the way you expect it to. In a genre that is over saturated it's nice to get the unexpected every book.

Josie childhood was horrific and she still has nightmares over it but she has never let that interfere with any investigation she is assigned. What started out as finding a married couple dead in the forest from an apparent poisoning morphed into an insane story.

I love that I
BookwormCatLady
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 7 in this series and I’m still hooked on following Josie's turbulent life, and although sometimes too outlandish to believe I still want to read more.
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Nice addition to the series. Review to come.
Ankita Singh
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-books, arcs
I've been reading Lisa Regan's Detection Josie Quinn series since the first book, and each new book brings with it new heights of thrill, psychos and mysteries.

Cold Heart Creek was yet another amazing mystery, with chilling murders and curious suspects. I took me less than a whole day to complete the book because I just couldn't put it down.

Josie Quinn is one of my favourite literary detectives and I love how well Lisa manages to merge Josie's private struggles with the cases she solves.

I'm now
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward #5)
  • Single
  • Snow Creek (Detective Megan Carpenter, #1)
  • The Girls in the Lake (Beth Adams #2)
  • Break the Silence (Detectives Kane and Alton, #7)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert #1)
  • Close to You
  • The Quiet Girls: An absolutely addictive mystery thriller
  • See Them Run (Detective Clare Mackay #1)
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • Broken Souls (D.I. Lottie Parker, #7)
  • Her Dark Heart
  • The Lies We Hide
  • The Empty Nest
  • The Silent Victim (Jessie Tucker Mystery, #1)
  • Her Missing Child
  • Perfect Kill (D.I. Callanach, #6)
  • Her Last Whisper (Detective Katie Scott #2)
Lisa Regan is a suspense novelist. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Master of Education Degree from Bloomsburg University. She lives in Philadelphia with her husband and daughter.

Detective Josie Quinn (8 books)
  • Vanishing Girls (Detective Josie Quinn, #1)
  • The Girl With No Name (Detective Josie Quinn, #2)
  • Her Mother's Grave (Detective Josie Quinn, #3)
  • Her Final Confession (Detective Josie Quinn #4)
  • The Bones She Buried (Detective Josie Quinn #5)
  • Her Silent Cry (Detective Josie Quinn #6)
  • The Detective Josie Quinn Series: Books 1–3