Start by marking “The Long Shadows of October” as Want to Read:
The Long Shadows of October

The Long Shadows of October

When Joe and Danny take on the job of housesitting Snowden Manor, they fail to realize they won't be in the house alone. Inside the walls swarms a specter made of equal parts ghost, succubus and witch, and she uses the manse as a prison for souls. Now that October's supermoon is falling over the mountains, she is ready to rise and reclaim her flesh.

Kayla has a crush on
Published September 17th 2019 by Grindhouse Press

To ask other readers questions about The Long Shadows of October, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Long Shadows of October

Start your review of The Long Shadows of October
Emily
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Tonight was going to be a very special Halloween."

I really loved the idea of The Long Shadows of October. It starts off really well, and I loved the succubus story.

I had a hard time maintaining interest at some points - there was often more sex than horror, and it felt like overkill at times. I just get bored reading about it when it's the same thing throughout the book, but that may just be me. There were also some odd language choices like breasts being "bashful" and "engorged" that kind of
Travis Davis
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Truly a spectacle to behold

Kristopher Triana does it again, this book is just a masterwork of horror in every sense of the word.

Triana writes characters that jump off the page that you as the reader can actuality root for and care about deeply.

His writing for the teenage characters are spot on and the man has an amazing way of voicing his female characters and writes them assuredly and with an authenticity that can’t be mimicked or faked.

This book much like its subject matter bewitched me and
Brendan Steere
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is pretty good, but not as focused as the best of Triana’s stuff. When it hits it hits well, but I must admit that the middle felt somewhat padded, leading to that somewhat awkward feeling of “an expanded short story”.

That being said, the book IS damn fun and I enjoyed most all of it. You in for horny teen witches and The Misfits? Welcome home, traveler: you’ll dig it.
lina
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wish i was a virgin again lol

I loved loved loved this book...love the story telling and was telling the book off and people staring at me like WTF...my sister was like why u talking to the book and i had to tell her a character pissed me off...i don't do spoilers so if like sex demons and virgins then this is ur book...5 succubus out of 5
Matt Turner
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
a decent little horror read

An old premise done fairly well. It was a little too long in some places, but it kept me interested enough to air it to the end. 3/5
Jesse Bollinger
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great mix of daemonic horror, creepy ass haunted house and extreme horror. This story had all the elements that I love put together in a great package. I’ll definitely be reading more of this authors work.
Patricia Ward
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Halloween

Great book about witches and their bizarre night moon rituals. Lots of erotic sex and depraved killings and exciting adventures.
Nicole

• Seed
  • Halloween Fiend
  • Ghostland
  • Satanic Serial Killer
  • Hornwolf (Redline Book 3)
  • Wolf Hunt
  • Beware!
  • Morbid Thoughts
  • The Richard Laymon Collection, Volume 5: Flesh / Resurrection Dreams
  • Strange Flesh: An Extreme Horror Novella
Kristopher Triana is the author of Full Brutal, Shepherd of the Black Sheep, Body Art, The Ruin Season, Toxic Love and more.

His fiction has appeared in countless magazines and anthologies and has been translated into multiple languages, drawing praise from Publisher's Weekly, Cemetery Dance, Rue Morgue, Scream, The Ginger Nuts of Horror and others.

Full Brutal won the Splatterpunk Award for Best