Start by marking “Barnabas Tew and the Case of the Enlightened Cow” as Want to Read:
Barnabas Tew and the Case of the Enlightened Cow

Barnabas Tew and the Case of the Enlightened Cow

Rama, the Hindu god who maintains dharma, or the balance of all things, is in terrible trouble, and only Barnabas and Wilfred can save him!

Private detectives to the gods, Barnabas Tew and Wilfred Colby, believed they’d discovered the secret to taking charge of their destinies. Unfortunately, they’re about to be taught a hard lesson: nothing is as it seems and t
Published September 18th 2019 by Darkstroke

To ask other readers questions about Barnabas Tew and the Case of the Enlightened Cow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barnabas Tew and the Case of the Enlightened Cow

Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

Barnabas Tew and the Case of the Enlightened Cow, fourth in Barnabas Tew series, was entertaining, humorous cozy mystery that revolved around two bumbling Victorian detectives plunged into Indian mythology with another mystery to solve for Indian God. It was about enlightenment on Karma, Dharma, eternal life and death cycle that of course, these two detectives had hard time to understand.

Characters–

What do I
Lel Budge
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Barnabas Tew and his assistant Wilfred have arrived in a strange place…..they were heading for Midgard or Egypt, but as they couldn’t decide which, as they used the Cenote, they were thinking of different destinations and so arrived at neither.

But where are they? Well according to the green skinned, many armed couple 8n the same room, they are in Sindhu or India as the British call it….

They are tasked with rescuing Rama….which to this pair of argumentative buffoons, sound
Elaine
After solving a case for the Mayan goddess Ixchel, Barnabas and his assistant, Wilfred, had been taught how to travel from world to world - quite a useful skill until they mess it up! That sets the tone for this unusual detective series where the two detectives for the gods endeavour to solve mysteries for them, resulting in some hilarious scenarios that had me laughing out loud.

It is a fun read, linking mythology, humour, mystery and suspense in an relaxing, easy read. Barnabas and
Jocelyn
Sep 19, 2019 added it
Shelves: arc-s, ebooks
Review coming!
Heather

I loved the synopsis for this book.  The idea of a pair of detectives for the gods is right up my alley.  There have been several books in the series previous to this one but I didn't feel like I was missing anything by just reading this one.

They mistakenly end up with the Hindu gods after trying to use a portal in a cenote and failing miserably.  They spend the first several pages of the book arguing about this instead of interacting with the beings that they have appeared in front of.  That was one o
L.S.
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was so good to catch up with Barnabus and Wilfred again. After their last adventure, I truly thought they were ready to call it day - and indeed, it seemed they were both planning on returning to different places to pick up with lost loves. So, when they entered the portal, each thinking of a different destination, it was only to be expected that crossed wires would mess up their plans. After all, since when did the two of them agree on anything!

And so it is that my favourite bumb
Jessica Bronder
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After finishing Barnabas Tew and the Case of the Cursed Serpent, I was excited to read the next book in the series. The reward for solving their last case was that Barnabas Tew and Wilfred Colby can travel between worlds. Unfortunately they have a bit of miscommunication and both find themselves at a Hindu temple. They are giving the task of saving Rama who is in great danger.

When the two get themselves turned into fish it puts a bit of a damper on the investigation. First they are g
Jessica Belmont
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh, whenever Barnabas Tew and his assistant Wilfred go on another adventure, you can be sure I’ll be reading right along! This time, they’ve unexpectedly arrived at a Hindu Temple, tasked with saving Rama…if they can quit bickering (about whose fault it was they ended up in the wrong place) for long enough!

I LOVE Barnabas and Wilfred’s relationship. Between the quirky and constant bickering, they are still very clearly the best of friends! Their friendship has developed more and more
Stephanie
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I first picked this up, I thought I was in for an offbeat mystery story and boy, was I right! Barnabas Tew and his employee, Wilfred Colby, are constantly bickering and rolling their eyes at each other. They kind of bumble their way through the case and it’s a pretty funny and light-hearted read because of this.

This was my first introduction to Barnabas and I found myself rolling my eyes along with Wilfred at Barnabas’ odd antics, sometimes rude behaviour and general ineptitude.
Donna Maguire

This is another great addition to this series and another book that for me is fine to be read as a stand-alone story – as soon as I read the blurb for this one I was really looking forward to reading it, and it certainly did not disappoint!

I thought that the plot was great and the author has a great writing style that suits that made the book a fun and exciting read. I flew through the pages and started and finished it in the same afternoon. I really liked the settings for t