Start by marking “The Legend (Torridon, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Legend (Torridon, #1)

The Legend (Torridon #1)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  285 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Twin brothers. Two warriors. And the Highland prophecy that bound them both to battle, glory, and the two fiery women they dared to love. Now the adventure begins in Kathleen Givens's sensual, pulse-quickening tale of seventeenth-century Scotland.

It's a time of portents, when a tree split by the fiery crack of lightning foretells the history of a land. And two lovers have
Published December 2nd 2005 by Warner Books (NY) (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Legend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend

Neus Gutiérrez
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No le pongo 5 estrellas porque... quizá la historia peca un pelín de predecible y no tiene ese super elemento que haga que lo ame, pero estoy siendo mala, porque en verdad el libro me ha encantado.

No es apto para gente no romántica, porque este es de esos libros de escoceses de los de amor de verdad, declaraciones bonitas y 'ohhhh' en más de una ocasión. Además de una trama muy ambientada en la época.

Lo recomiendo TOTALMENTE.
Regan Walker
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 and 1/2 Stars - A Wonderful Scottish Historical!

I am a devoted fan of Kathleen Givens's stories and I loved the Torridon duology about twin brothers from the Clan MacCurrie living on the Northwestern shore of Scotland at their family seat, Torridon.

Set in 17th century Scotland (and England), while perhaps not as good as On A Highland Shore or Rivals For The Crown or the Kilgannon duology, I did really enjoy it. Givens has a real talent for weaving true history into a story that captures the r
Anne
Apr 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. Such a shame that she died before she wrote more. I love her characters.
Allison G
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This wasn't a bad book but wasn't a great one either. I think I enjoyed her Highland and Kilgannon series better.
LJ
Sep 19, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, 1600s, romance
The Legend - G+
Kathleen Givens
Set during the late 1600s amidst the conflict between James II and William and Mary, a period that Givens (Kilgannon) is obviously at home with, this saga follows identical twins James and Neil MacCurrie as they lead their clan to war and then peace. Adeptly intertwining history with romance, this book, the first of two about the brothers, focuses on James, who takes Neil's place at a gathering of chiefs to discuss whether to go to war against William. En route to t
Beth
Mar 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
K Givens is an author whose books I may read all of. The Scottish, Irish, English history is fascinating, well researched and the characters endearing. Her novels certainly contain stock "historical romance" elements, but she does it well with a dash of her own unique flavor.
Porter
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this historical romance. Especially after having been to some of the named places just recently.
Willa
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this book well enough to get the second one. It did not disappoint. Both are well written and fun to read.
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
ermmm.... uhhh... hahahaha... eeek!
Debbie
Nov 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Excellent read from start to finish!
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her writing doesn't suck, but it was a bit dull for me in the romance department. The love story wasn't as fleshed out as it could have been. Just alright.
Sandra Walker
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marvalous book, well written, I loved it.
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Sometimes, I think I rate books too harshly. I enjoyed reading this, especially the historical bits, but the writing is (understandably) better in her later books and I could've done without the miscommunication (unnecessary to the story) between the two main characters.
MissCherry
No me ha entusiasmado. Es ameno, pero nada novedoso (eso o ya leído demasiado de highlanders y cuesta sorprenderme). Me ha resultado demasiado almibarada, muy tierna la relación entre los protas pero he echado en falta ese "algo más". Además el inicio me pareció lento y con mucha paja realmente innecesaria para la historia.

Me lo pensare el leer el segundo o no.
Heidi
Jun 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Good Scottish highlander novel, not as good as the other two that I read, First in the series, I will go on to read the second series, I like Kathleen alot because her books have just the right ratio of romance to actual plot for me. Sometimes historical romance can be pretty light on the plot, heavy on the romance to the point where I do not find it believable.
Diana
Feb 16, 2008 rated it liked it
Ellen Graham, rushing to warn her cousin of a murderous plot, is rescued by James MacCurrie, one of the twins of a prophecy.

Too historical, and not that much developing romance. It's a little sudden, and has too much going on.
Michelle
Jun 21, 2009 rated it it was ok
Still reading .. so far I hate the heroine. The book is a dissapointment if you have read other books by this author.

Turned into a DNF. I could not stand this book. Ugh.
Martha
May 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
a bit too predictable, but it's Scotland!
Cristina Contilli
"Appena furono vicini Rory scese dal cavallo e corse verso di lei. Isabel si protese e in un attimo fu tra le sue braccia. Adesso tutto andava bene"
Ann Unger
loved it
Sammy
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: men-in-kilts
3.5 stars. Good but not as good as her other books.
Ainhoa
Jul 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
So disappointed comparing to other of her books.
Kelly
Apr 18, 2008
Lauren
Jul 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • One Man's Love (The Highland Lords, #1)
  • Highland Hawk (Highland Brides, #7)
  • Bride of the MacHugh
  • Midnight Honor (Highlands, #3)
  • My Wicked Highlander (MacDonell Brides, #1)
  • The Firebrand (Highland Treasure, #3)
  • McClairen's Isle: The Passionate One (McClairen's Isle, #1)
  • The Scotsman
  • Highlander in Love (Lockhart Family, #3)
  • The Highlander's Stolen Bride
  • Devil's Highlander (Clan MacAlpin #1)
  • Highland Rogue (Highland Dream, #4)
  • The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers, #3)
  • Highland Moonlight
  • Highland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3)
  • The Bride Of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #1)
  • Tempting the Highlander (The McTiernays, #4)
  • Lady of the Glen: A Novel of 17th-Century Scotland and the Massacre of Glencoe
Kathleen Givens was born in New York City, but spent her early years living in the Northeast and Georgia before landing in Southern California at the age of ten. As a result, she is fluent in Valley Girl, Steel Magnolia, and Manhattanite.

From an early age, Kathleen was entranced by the history, legends and sagas of the people who mixed together to form Scotland, Ireland, England and later the Uni
More about Kathleen Givens...

Torridon (2 books)
  • The Destiny (Torridon, #2)