Start by marking “Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)” as Want to Read:
Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)

Throttled

(Dirty Air #1)

Formula 1 fans call me the American Prince.
I live for standing on Prix podiums while crowds chant my name, champagne drips down my face, and adrenaline rushes through my veins.

Women want to screw me while men want to be me. But no one challenges me more than Maya Alatorre.

The sister of my rival and new teammate.
A forbidden temptation.
And chaos wrapped with a bow.

We're
Published January 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Throttled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Throttled

Start your review of Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
4.5 Great debut!

Noah is one of the best F1 racers in the world. His father is a legend in the industry, so racing is practically in his blood. You would think that would make his parents supportive of him and his career, but you would be wrong. They fake enthusiasm and love in public, but in reality, they use him as a status symbol they can control. It's no wonder Noah isn't a feelings kind of guy. He's a playboy that uses women like Kleenex, but when he meets a certain dark haired beauty at a
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Throttled is Lauren Asher's debut novel following an F1 racer and his rival's sister. Noah Slade has made a name for himself in the world of racing and he thoroughly enjoys the life with fans throwing themselves at him and cheering him on, so he isn't too happy to have a new teammate that he has to share the limelight with. But having Santiago Alatorre as a partner means he also get's to enjoy traveling the racing circuit with Santi's sister, Maya.

This may be a
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Throttled was a surprised treat for me. I don't usually read racer books because there is always something missing but with this, the writing just pulled me in.
I can honestly say that I am pleasantly surprised by the level of writing by this debut author.

After an unfortunate incident, Noah Slade has an intense dislike towards Santiago Alatorre so imagine his surprise and displeasure when Santi joins his team. With Santi comes his sister, Maya Alatorre. She is traveling with her brother to
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: proofread
If you like hot F1 racers...or just hot men in fast cars...this book is for you! It is a sweet and steamy debut from this author, and I was fascinated by this new world. The characters are all fun and flirty; and the competitive race scene and family drama of both the hero and heroine will keep you hooked. This author is off to a fab start in Contemporary Romance. Well done L Asher!
Mary - Books and Moods
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First of all, congrats to Lauren on her debut novel, I know how hard youve worked on this. And second, thank you for letting me work along with you to bring this baby to the world. Great things are coming for you!

In her debut novel Lauren captivated me with her words and a world that I didnt want to leave, I mean the F1 world she built? It was AH-MAZING. There arent many books out there with this theme and she just nailed it. The races, the hot racers and the traveling around the world, Lauren
Karla Lopez
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You guys Im obsessed with this book. I was captivated and intrigued from page one. At first I didnt know how I felt about Noah because he was a tough cookie to crack, but omg in the end it was worth it. Hes so precious and seriously hot racer.

One thing that fascinated me the most is how much I felt like I was traveling with them. I love when authors make me feel like that.

Maya is such a funny, outgoing, lovable character. She had me laughing with her thoughts and jokes. I also love that every
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4.5/ 5 stars

Lauren Asher has managed to immerse me in the world of racing with her debut novel. Her writing is impeccable and this sport world she created was fantastic. I've never read this type of sport romance and I highly enjoyed it. All the travelling and getting to see a bit of the countries and the cultures was super cool. And don't get me started on her characters... gosh you guys, I completely loved them all!

Maya, I love how she wanted so bad to be successful and make her
queen_of_the_books_18
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Throttled was an amazing read, a forbidden F1 Racing romance that had me hooked.

The story of Maya and Noah was complicated, forbidden and so so hot! I loved the detail that the author went into about the racing. I loved the stolen moments, the longing looks and the sizzling sexual chemistry between the main characters.

I cant wait to read the next book
Books_et_bouquins
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐

When I read the blurb of TᕼᖇOTTᒪᗴᗪ, I wanted in.
𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐚 1, 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡, 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲.
𝐼 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒.
🏁
From the beginning I got sucked into the racing world, with amazing details that brought life to the story

𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒓, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒅 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒓.
My heart pounded before each and every race, waiting to see who the winner will be.
🏎
At the center of it all is Noah, the famous and overconfident racer
Maya knows
rosie metcalf // _bookreviewdiary
The Helena Hunting's and Elle Kennedy's of the book community have their work cut out for them with Lauren Asher! Wow!
Halfway through this book my thoughts were "No way is this Lauren's debut!"

Lauren Asher took a part of the world - F1 - that I don't give one single fuck about, and made me care about it. I've only had that been a thing with a couple other (very popular) authors.

Best thing about this book? The authors writing. Lauren could have written any fucking story, and I would have enjoyed
Natalia
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am impressed!!! This debut novel was FIRREEEEE!! I freaking loved ALL of the characters not just Maya and Noah! This book was definitely binge worthy, I stayed up until 5AM READING THIS!! Maya was such an awesome character and super relatable! Noah was the perfect amount of bad boy and charm!!! I will for sure read ANYTHING else this author puts out!
Cassidy
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
It took me a minute to get into Throttled. When I did, it was very addicting. The main characters are likable. It was sexy and fun. The world is set up for more to come. Not a bad debut to kick off a writing career.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Alycia
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Noah & Maya

I saw this book on and people had recommended this book to me and I knew that I just had to read it myself.

From the very beginning I related to Maya a lot due to just graduating from college myself and still finding my way. And I havent read any books that the main character doesnt have it all together. But, this book was so up to date with vlogs and talks she did with people on her blogs which was really cool to see it through a book.

I loved Maya and Noah the way they are
Halle Reads
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reads
4/5 stars 🌟

Photo-Editor-20200112-180509678

Throttled is a the first novel in a new companion novel series by debut author Lauren Asher, it follows Maya and Noahs story.

Maya decides to join her brother while he competes in the grand prix F1 racing tournament where she can kick start her new vlogging endeavour while also traveling the world. There she meets cocky, handsome and super confident Noah who has a reputation for being a ladies man and happens to a not so great past/interactions with Maya's brother and is also his team
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Maya is just trying to live her dream as she follows her brother's F1 racing career and vlogs about it. Then she meets Noah, his bad boy teammate and rival, and the sparks are flying all over. Sure it's antagonistic but it's obvious it's just a mask for their serious attraction. Her brother would not be happy knowing they're in any kind of relationship though, so it must remain secret. But how long before their attraction becomes obvious to everyone else?

I loved Maya and Noah together. She
Lydia
Jan 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sex-with-ow
Manwhore. There is a scene where hero wakes up in bed with ow. This was before he even met heroine so even though it was annoying I was intrigued enough with the story that I decided to continue.

Should have listened to my instinct to stop reading because after getting to know the heroine and taking her on a date. Hero goes home with another woman after said date and sleeps with her.

Apparently heroine didnt want to have just a physical relationship with hero. She told him that and he rejected
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have ever read by Lauren Asher and the first book I have ever read about Formula 1 and racing! I absolutely loved reading about this world, I actually felt like I was in the book. The book did start off a little bit slow but once I got about 3-4 chapters in I was completed hooks by the story and the characters.
Maya meets this incredibly cocky player named Noah, when she decides to join her brother while he competes in the grand prix tournament. Maya decides to take this
Andi Isack
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adrenaline rush at 1000/h. And all you'll have to do is put you safe belt on and enjoy the ride! Noah is going to give you the ride of your life. (* All meanings included).
The story will get you in F1 life. You see and learn a little more about it but not at the point to be boring of all those technical details ( because I can understand not everyone is into cars and stuff) and it also will bring you... behind the scenes, revealing secrets about it. Hilarious moments are great mixed with steamy
Michelle
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a great debut!
Maya doesn't want to fall for her brother's F1 rival, Noah, but sometimes life squeezes you in the heart when you least expect it. No matter how hard you try to avoid it.
Lauren Asher had me hooked from the beginning, falling for the bad boy F1 World Champion, Noah Slade. I really liked how Maya didn't fall for him right away, that their attraction and relationship grew over the time they spent together while traveling the world. My love for these characters grew right along
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
This was the perfect debut book for Lauren, and I cant wait to get my hands on her future books. She has made me a fan for sure!

Maya is just finishing up university and going to follow her brother around the world. She is still undecided on what she wants from life, but is using this as an opportunity to grow and explore.

Noah is a playboy with secretive past. He puts everything he can into his F1 career and uses his carefree ways as a shield.

Watching these go from somewhat tolerable of one
Melisa Díaz
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

ARC KINDLY PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.

Forbidden. Dangerous. Sexy. Intense.

Those are the words that i can describe this story.

Throttled was an amazing reading and good way to start my readings this 2020.

As you may have read in the blurb, this story or series are about F1 racers and the first one is about Noah Slade, a 30 years old F1 racer who has won lots of competitions and is claimed as one of the best racers of all times. One can imagine that his life must be
Abby J Capps
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Maya and Noahs story is new, refreshing and scenic!

I havent read much about racing in the romance trope. Its very new to me which is part why I signed up for it. At first I wasnt sure if I would get into it. I was nervous, but eventually as I got to know our characters I started to love it. I really really love the characters of this story. Maya is sassy, cute and I love her inner dialogue. Noah is broody, a little broken and in some need of loving. I pretty much knew from Noahs first chapter
Amy
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Race romance lovers, Lauren Asher is here to deliver a new obsession: her Dirty Air series featuring, in this book, Noah Slade.

A star F-1 driver, Noah meets Maya, his rival-slash-teammate's vlogger sister, and the heat is immediate. He's determined to be the top racer, and she's determined to make her parents proud of her. Maya, in fact, has the tougher job because her parents don't quite understand what it is she does. She also has a protective brother who is none too pleased that his sister
Veronica Bellaorev Books
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it

Throttled is the debut novel from Lauren Asher. This contemporary romance bring us a love story that has a bit of forbidden, friends to lovers and sport romance combined. I really enjoyed getting suck into this story of fast cars and passionate love.

The sport in this story is Formula 1(F1). You get to see all the aspects of F1. You feel like you actually are behind the scenes of this nerve racking sport. It was well developed and I got really into everything this couple share on the story. Lets
Ga Books LoverX
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Throttled even though I know pretty much next to nothing about racing and Formula 1, but this was like a crash course into the world which I enjoyed on a whole 'nother level than just even a romance read. This is also my first time checking out Lauren Asher and I thought she did a great job with the story and backstory and setting everything up to move at a fluid and great pace!

What happens when you mix in the playboy prince of formula 1 with his new teammate/formal rival's sister? It
Come_read_with_me_
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is fast, passionate and steamy!

Behind Noah's tough persona he's actually quite a nice thoughtful caring guy. However through pressures from his family and himself he shows himself to be an arrogant competitive racer. Noah shows a lot of turning points throughout the book we see a softer side of him and it's great to see the character development.

Maya, is Santi's sister. Santi is Noah's rival and now, a new teammate. She accompanies Santi to the races while also filming her vlogs.
Autumn
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a racing romance.

And I have high standards after reading The Driven Series like I have some serious expectations.

Throttled delivered.

I loved the relationship between Noah and Maya. The transformation Noah went through for Maya gave me the warm and fuzzies. She didn't try to change him not at all. But he decided he needed to change for her and oh that got me in the feels.

I read this one so quickly and loved it!
Lula Grayson
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? Oh. My. Noah.
My friend Julie -juliedreamsofbooks on IG-, told me that I needed to read this amazing book ASAP. I've been following Lauren on Instagram and Twitter too, and I definitely felt in love with the cover (isn't really amazing!?) and all the cool teasers.
I devoured this book in like... two days or so. I wanted to take it slow, but it was impossible for me.
This book is as addictive as Formula 1. So...
Noah is one of the best -or the best- driver of Formula 1, star of the
Brianna Cooper
Shelves: racers
I really liked this story. It involved a forbidden romance, hot male racers, and a sweet driven heroine. Throughout reading I had a smile on my face and enjoyed the chemistry between the two main characters that they clearly had from the start but its a forbidden romance so they had to dance around it for a while. Overall enjoyable and I cant wait for the next book in the series ...more
Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)
This was really cute and quite funny! I loved being inside Maya's head because her random thoughts are so similar to mine.

I adored Noah. I loved how much of a romantic that man is and how huge his heart is.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Bullseye: The Monsters Within Duet Book 1
  • Now Open Your Eyes (Stay with Me, #3)
  • Puck Performance (BTU Alumni #4)
  • Fresh Meet (Kings of the Water, #1)
  • Hometown Heartless
  • Awful Curse (Celestial Bodies #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Coffee Girl
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Almost Perfect
  • For Three Seconds
  • Rise: The Interlude (Black Hearts Still Beat, #2)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)
  • The Lying Season
  • The Best Chance (The Amherst Sinners #4)
  • Doughn't Let Me Go
Join my Facebook group for exclusive content and sneak peeks http://tiny.cc/BandiniBabes

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/laurenasher...

Order Throttled:

About Me:

Self-diagnosed with an overactive imagination, Lauren spends her free time reading and writing. Her dream is to travel to all the places she writes about. She enjoys writing about flawed yet

Dirty Air (2 books)
  • Collided (Dirty Air, #2)