Start by marking “It's ME or THE Bag: A New Urban Love Story : The Bag Book 1” as Want to Read:
It's ME or THE Bag: A New Urban Love Story : The Bag Book 1

It's ME or THE Bag: A New Urban Love Story : The Bag Book 1

Raphael stared down at the bags filling the vestibule. There were four large suitcases and a designer duffel bag he’d purchased for Kena last year. He didn’t even know the designer but knew she would have it because it cost a grip to purchase. He wanted her to have everything and more.

She ain’t leaving me and taking my stuff, was his first thought, but as he walked throu
Published September 14th 2019 by Honorable MENCHAN Media L.L.C.

To ask other readers questions about It's ME or THE Bag, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's ME or THE Bag

Start your review of It's ME or THE Bag: A New Urban Love Story : The Bag Book 1
L.S. Bergman
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! Kena and Raphael's marriage is most definitely a 'love' marriage. That much is not in question. Raphael is however a dealer, and his business has rendered him a wealthy man. The prospect of leaving the easy life and doing something legit feels akin to a lifestyle downgrade. For Kena it's all too much. She has grown weary of asking. She has real fears for him, and the prospect of raising a family one day under such conditions. Her decision to up and leave has 'every ...more
Tera L. Kirksey
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's Me or The Bag

" Good people do things that's on the edge of the law to make ends meet." This was a classic and I loved it! Stories of entrepreneurial spirits within our young folks is so inspiring. Raphael and Lena were both headstrong. The ultimatum she gave to Raph was an eye opener for him and I'm so glad he got it together.
My favorite part in the book was when Carlton had them cops knock in Jake's door. I was hollering.
As always this author never disappoints!
Shahtia Gay-hairston
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
1st time reader

This was my first read by this author and she didn’t disappoint. From the very first page I was intrigued by Kena’s strong actions. I could feel her longing for her husband but also her strength in burying* herself in work to further make her absence felt. Great read!
Nicole Brooks
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Say what you mean and mean what you say!

Kena said she would be gone if Raph didn't get his ish together, and that is exactly what she meant. She gave her husband a year to choose her or the streets. Raph thought it was a joke. Kena showed him better than she could tell him.

Angelia managed to bring us a colorful story about two young people navigating life. Kena loved Raph with everything in her, but she loved herself more. She refused to put herself in a situation where she would either lose h
Geri Evans
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seeing is Believing! 🤔🤭

Raphael comes home to empty, expensive designer bags and a note from Kenya stating it was her or the bag, he chose the bag and she was out! Wow! And there begins the story! Raph had to make a decision and to decide wisely!

This is a great story that rings so true! These young people are out there getting caught up with the good life but by the wrong means! Mrs. Vernon Menchan always writes stories that are relatable and makes you step back and reassess yo
Carolyn
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was ME!

The Me or the Bag statement was not an empty threat. That is what I like most about this author's writing. The female characters always give me the power to be me. I love their prowess. Smart, educated and not afraid to give their man the Truth. Another excellent tale. Kudos for always bringing the Girl-power Heat..
Chelece Williams
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this urban book because of its true reflection of our struggle

I love this urban book because of its true reflection of our struggle. I appreciate the fact the Author Menchan wrote about how most black men and women make it out of the hood. It is not always through a bank loan. I loved Kenya’s character because she had the guts not to want to live stuck on stupid and risk her life. Ralph had a decision make. You must purchase this book to find out if he made the right decision. I am excit
Aja
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This may be my favorite by Angelia Vernon Menchan and that's saying a lot because I love so much of her work. Kena and Raphael; their marriage, their chemistry, the tension, the writing, the settings, all were on point. This writer never ceases to amaze me and I want more. Luckily for me I have book 2 waiting on my kindle.
Marshall Thompson
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Mrs. Menchan, you never cease to amaze me! Kena made the right choice concerning Raphel! Raphel stepped upon to the plate and mad an manly decision! It was great getting a glimpse of Mr. and Mrs. Donald Prescott life! I’m so glad I don’t have to wait to read the next installment!
Kathy Roy
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok

This book was ok. Still let me with a lot of questions, like why Raphael never put Kisha in her place about him or his wife.? What was Raphael's mother's issue, I mean provided for her so why was she jealous of Kena? Love the Uncle Carlton and Raphael's relationship. Didn't really like how the book ended wish it had another chapter for closure.
Sonia
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When is enough, enough?

How long do you wait for the love of your life and life partner to stop participating in reckless activities so that you all can move forward as couple? Kena had to show Raphael better than she could tell him.
Nicole Sharon
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Bag!

Great read! I love all the characters. Great intro to a new family. Ms Angelia always gives us the real thing. Love it!
JMoffJames
Alisha
Oct 08, 2019
Idrissa Uqdah
Oct 11, 2019

• Equivalent Exchange (Night Shift)
  • Should've Been
  • An Ounce of Decorum
  • f*ck and fall in love: a novella
  • He Who Is a Protector (Sadik Book 3)
  • Words with Friends: A Mason Family Novella
  • Claimed by a Knight (The Wild Knights Book 2)
  • In Tandem (Equilibrium Book 2)
  • The Guy Next Door
  • Black Rose (The Life of Bliss Book 1)
  • One Last Shot (Nymphs & Trojans Series Book 2)
  • Frosted. Whipped. Buttered: An Equilibrium Short
  • Drive Me To Ecstasy
  • Pretend You're Mine
  • She's Got Soul (Soulmates Book 1)
  • Slipped up in Love: A Mason family novel
  • STONE: Her Ruthless Enforcer: 50 Loving States, North Carolina
  • To Break a Vow (The Vow Series Book 3)