Start by marking “Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)

Wild at Heart

(The Simple Wild #2)

From the internationally best-selling author of The Simple Wild comes the continuation of a womans journey to Alaska and a life she never imagined for herself.

Calla Fletcher returns to Toronto a different person, struggling to find direction and still very much in love with the rugged bush pilot she left behind. When Jonah arrives on her doorstep with a proposition she can
Published February 18th 2020 by K. A. Tucker

To ask other readers questions about Wild at Heart, please sign up.

Start your review of Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)
K.A. Tucker
Nov 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
release day (2)

Order now!
🛩 Amazon > http://hyperurl.co/ibjxj6
🛩 iBooks > http://hyperurl.co/bll8ts
🛩 Kobo > https://bit.ly/2kzz7re
🛩 BN > https://bit.ly/2mgIgp0
🛩 Indigo > https://bit.ly/2lUJHch
🛩Add to Goodreads > Wild at Heart (Wild, #2) by K.A. Tucker

ARCS --> Wild at Heart ARCs will be available for request on Netgalley early February. As this is a sequel, preference will be given to those who have read and reviewed The Simple Wild.

new release date

Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-five-stars
5 stars

photo 9A0D2D40-6AEF-47F4-8C50-73FA3970C8F1_zps9vnvztec.png

I fell in love with a sky cowboy from Alaska.
The Simple Wild was one of my favorite romances of 2018 and when I heard there was a sequel coming out, I was thrilled. I couldnt wait to get more Calla and Jonah and I hoped I would love it as much as the first. Well, I did. It was different than the first book in a lot of ways, but I loved revisiting the characters we know and love as well as meeting some new ones.

Calla and Jonah move to their own piece of paradise in a small Alaskan
jessica
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
there are some books where you fall in love with the characters, other novels where the plot really excels, and some stories where you just adore the writing. but then there are books you pick up and cant help but become enamoured by the setting, and this book/series has done that for me.

i really love how i felt like i was truly living and breathing in a sleepy old alaskan village with calla and jonah. i felt the love for the simple quaintness of the terrain and felt the struggles of bordem and
Ari
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars!

Okay, I have thoughts...and lots of em!

RTC.
Corina
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
A true sequel is never an easy thing to do. As a reader, I often feel like a great book can/should stand on its own, and doesnt need a sequel. But then there is a couple like Jonah and Calla, where one book is just not enough for me I want more. And this time I actually got MORE.

Im happy to say that the author couldnt have written a more perfect sequel for this couple.

It had everything I wanted, and needed. More relationship growth between the main couple, an even stronger connection and the
EmBibliophile
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
4 The Yeti stars

Why am I still here and havent yet taken that trip to Alaska?

Oh wait, I know! Im still a broke college girl!

So the main question here, was this book necessary? Not really. Was it great with an amazing plot? Not really. Did I like it anyway? Yes. Why? I Dont Know. I just did.

Ill try to explain it. You know when youve been obsessed with a TV show and then they announce that its the final season, so you watch it, but you realize that its not really as good as the first season, but
Heather
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is very different from the Simple Wild as in its about a relationship. The simple Wild was amazing because it had such angsty buildup and that hate to love romance we all love.
Wild at Heart is all about Calla & Jonahs relationship. How they have to compromise for each other, learn how to navigate a relationship.
I loved how they handled themselves and how mature they were about their love and their life.
So yes less steamy and adult times but so much character and relationship
Larry H
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Ah, there's nothing quite like the feeling when the sequel of a book you loved is just as good as its predecessor!

Calla and Josh, the couple at the core of K.A. Tuckers excellent The Simple Wild (one of my favorite books from last year), are back. After returning home to her sheltered life in Toronto, full of the creature comforts she missed while in Alaska, Calla realizes shes miserable without Josh. The burly bush pilot feels the same way about her, and comes to Canada to tell her hed do
Carol
5 "Simply Wonderful" stars.

Such an "entirely" perfect sequel to one of my "all-time" favorite books. It embodied everything that was so special and fascinating about "The Simple Wild" and it was just as wildly entertaining and equally wonderful to read as well.
I simply loved everything about this storyline. A fainting goat, wolf-dogs, bears, wild and wacky characters - especially Muriel and the "Curmudgeon". A fun, emotional, well written and also less bittersweet read than TSW but with all the
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

Wild at Heart was one of my most anticipated books and when I got it I started immidiately!I devour it, even though I tried to read it slow it was so good that I couldn't get enough of Calla and Jonah!Such a beautiful , heartwarming and sweet story!

description

I was swooning and melting from the beginning and I have a smile on my face!Everything felt so realistic and I could feel like I was a part of their story.I could imagine the places !

Wild at Heart has a little bit of everything
Samantha Young
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I feel bereft now that Ive finished WILD AT HEART. Seriously, I could get lost for many more hours in Calla and Jonahs Alaskan world. THE SIMPLE WILD is one of my favorite books and K.A. Tucker achieves the monumental task of offering readers a sequel to rival its predecessor. Calla hasnt lost her quick witin fact shes sharper and wittier than ever and Jonah is as funny and swoon-worthy as always. Together their chemistry is palpable!

While part of the beauty of TSW was watching Calla change and
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
4 The sequel you never knew you needed stars!

It was just wonderful to delve into Jonah & Callas world as a bona fide couple. To witness their love, their struggles and their growth both as people and in their relationship. It was like catching up with old friends and then living with them as they came into their own in their relationship - we had front row seats to it all. Pass me the popcorn because I was 100% in for this.

Tucker is so good at weaving in amazing side characters! From
arini ☆彡
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
#1 The Simple Wild 4 Stars
#2 Wild at Heart 2.5 Stars

For a reader who thrives on reading a romance heavy and plot driven story, this book is too domesticated for my liking. Gone was all that enemies to lovers dynamic and angst we had in the previous book. In its place is Callas constant whining and self doubting. I didnt mean to discredit her feelings bcswhile I might not have moved across countries in pursuit of something I loveI know personally how hard and daunting it can be starting over
Jen
This sequel was another brilliantly written story by KA Tucker! I absolutely loved going on Callas journey of finding herself and how she fits into the Alaska Wild! She had so much to get used to, whether it be learning how to garden, fighting off her fear of goats..( or grumpy neighbor for that matter!😂) and let us not forget the ferocious bear! Calla had her hands full thats for sure!

My only complaint about the story was the lack of Jonah and Calla time. I felt like they didnt get used to
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I rush toward him, but hesitate when I get therepart of me wants to throw myself at him, the other part is terrified that hell hold me at arms length, that its too late, that the slope we fell down yesterday was too steep, the climb up too slippery.

Wild is by far my favorite K.A. Tucker series! WILD AT HEART reunites us with Calla and Jonah. They are about to embark on their new life together as a couple in the rural town of Trappers
Jessica
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
I absolutely LOVED The Simple Wild and all of the angst between Calla and Jonah. Enemies to lovers romances are my favorite and that combined with Calla reconnecting with her father made me an emotional mess. I could not wait to see how their story would continue in this book!

While we got angst and enemies in book one, this book was just....domestic? And I didn't care. We get half of this book about Calla shopping for furniture for her house. Seriously? There was not a lot of the angsty romance
preoccupiedbybooks
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the sequel that I never knew I needed...Barbie and The Yeti continue their love story, taking on new adventures and self discovery.

I really liked The Simple Wild, and I was 100% sure that I did not want or need to read a sequel...until I started seeing reviews, and I couldn't stop my little grabby hands from clicking on the shiny buy it now button! AND...I actually think that I like this even more than its predecessor?!!
I loved the setting! Rural Alaska *insert dreamy sigh* Does anyone
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

I hope you've all read THE SIMPLE WILD! This 2nd book is a sequel - you really should've read the first one before starting this one! It's not 100% necessary, but it would just be insane to miss out on the amazing first book!!☺

WiLD AT HEART starts four days after the first book ended.

We all remember how Jonah came to Toronto to ask Calla to come back to Alaska with him.
And she asked him for some time to think.
But of course we don't need much time - we're doing this!!
We're moving to Alaska to
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I have been SO freaking excited for the sequel to The Simple Wild, one of my favorite books of 2018, ever since K.A. Tucker announced she would be writing more of Calla and Jonah. TSW ended on a bit of an HFN, so it made sense that there would be more of their story to tell. I adored their romance and was a little nervous going into Wild at Heart obviously, there is the question that goes with any sequel: will I love it as much as the first? While this sequel wasnt quite the 5-star read that ...more
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
5+ Yeti Stars

I was a little nervous to read Wild at Heart because my expectations were so high but I am happy to report they were more than met! I fell in love even more with my sexy angry Yeti, if that was even possible. Although he was more my sexy, romantic Yeti in this book.
"I can't remember what it feels like not being in love with you, Calla...I need you in my life like I need to fly. Like I need this Alaskan air. More than I need this air."

Wild at Heart is an extension of Jonah and
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: Bummed. I felt as though this was more about Calla's relationship with side characters than with Jonah! Once Jonah got the girl, he stopped putting the work in to make it work -- and then blamed her for it! I am also bummed that, while it was hinted at, we never really found out if Calla found her thing that makes her happy! I didn't feel very good about their ending, as it very well could've gone back to the way it was when they were having a conflict! I didn't feel as
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was so good to be back to Alaska with Jonah & Calla. :)

I enjoyed this book but unfortunately 1st book was so much better for me. But still I'm glad to see their happily ever after. <3

**ARC provided via NetGalley. Also thank you so much to Social Butterfly PR for everything. ❤

Malene
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was so good to be back with Calla and Jonah. Wild at Heart is a continuation of Simple Wild and picks up right where it ended. Calla has to get used to a new life and this time its permanent and in Alaska with Jonah. This is the story of their new life together and taking their relationship to the next level. Its not as easy as it seems when Calla doesnt have her social network around her except Jonah. Also when his passion is flying it doesnt leave much time to them being a couple. Something ...more
Irina
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
When I started reading I thought that this will be the best romance book that I read this year but while reading I felt that this is more a woman's fiction novel that a romance.
The book have a plot whatsoever and beside Calla's growth I felt like nothing else happened. I expected more angst and more scenes between Calla and Jonah.
Kilikina
Trouble in paradise for my Jonah and Calla????? OVER MY DEAD BODY

description

MY ENTIRE YEAR HAS JUST BEEN MADE!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS SEQUEL, I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE IT
Natasha is a Book Junkie
I cant remember what it feels like not being in love with you, Calla.

Some books embed themselves in your heart from the very first page, the unexpected beauty of them taking your breath away time and time again, and The Simple Wild continues to be one of the most understatedly beautiful stories Ive ever read, affecting in a way that it never stops making me want to read it again. So when a sequel was announced, I was filled with both delight and trepidation, knowing that a sequel rarely
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars 🌟
Hillary
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it
If I could go back, would I still read this book knowing I wouldn't like it as much as The Simple Wild? ... probably. How can I resist Jonah and Calla and Alaska?

I loved reading about them again. These two are so cute and have one of the best relationships I've ever read about. There is just something very relatable and heartwarming to them, and it's impossible not to care about them and everything they do. That said, I still feel disappointed. I liked Wild at Heart but it definitely wasn't on
Debbie Oliphant
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, I could give this more star if that were possible. I loved this story and I never wanted it to end. Jonah and Calla 's story was so wonderful and with so many feels. I loved The Simple Wild and could not imagine a sequel that could match the emotional impact, but this did and I would love more to this story.
Antonella
Sep 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
I didn't know I needed this book until I saw that it is happening.

I cried reading book one ...well for most of the book. So I don't have any more tears left...
You better not make me cry in this one Kathleen A. Tucker.

I can't handle it.

That's all!!!

Oh yeah, ONE MORE THING I am wondering did those people who rated this, have already read ARC of this book or are they assholes who rate a book before it has a fucking blurb or a cover??

I am so over this bullshit. Stop doing that!

Two things had me concerned [spoilers] 1 2 Mar 30, 2020 07:14PM

• My Best Friend’s Royal Wedding
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • Doctor Dearest
  • The Dating Charade
  • Winter Tales (The Original Sinners, #8.7)
  • Oona Out of Order
  • Photos of You
  • Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)
  • The Dugout
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • The Lion Heart (Rogue Academy #2)
  • One Look
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Disarm (The Dumonts, #2)
  • Great and Precious Things
K.A. Tucker writes captivating stories with an edge.

She is the internationally bestselling author of the Ten Tiny Breaths and Burying Water series, He Will Be My Ruin, Until It Fades, Keep Her Safe, The Simple Wild, Be the Girl, and Say You Still Love Me. Her books have been featured in national publications including USA Today, Globe & Mail, Suspense Magazine, Publisher's Weekly, Oprah Mag,

The Simple Wild (2 books)
  • The Simple Wild (Wild, #1)