Start by marking “Bittersweet Tapestry: A Novel of Eighteenth Century Europe (The Derrynane Saga, Book Three)” as Want to Read:

A dramatic decade has passed since sixteen-year-old Eileen O’Connell first departed her family’s sanctuary at remote Derrynane on the Kerry coast to become the wife of one of the wealthiest men in Ireland and the mistress of John O’Connor’s Ballyhar – only to have her elderly husband die within months of the marriage.

Unhappily returned to Derrynane, within a ye
Paperback
Published by Gortcullinane Press

To ask other readers questions about Bittersweet Tapestry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bittersweet Tapestry

Start your review of Bittersweet Tapestry: A Novel of Eighteenth Century Europe (The Derrynane Saga, Book Three)
Lori
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author and already I'm in love with this story! I love it when authors can make a story come alive for you and pull you into a book. This one was no exception.
Have you ever found yourself hollering at a certain character in a book just like in a movie? I was sure doing it!!
This book was full of emotions!! I love it when a book can do that for me. My emotions were all over the place.
I felt the author has described the scenery so well I could vividly picture myself
Carole Rae
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Been itching for more when book 2 ended! I was so excited when this was ready to be read.

The story continues with Eileen and her friends/family. After escorting Maria Antonia to the Versailles, they have withdrawn back home to Ireland. However, not all is happily ever after for them or for the archduchess. There is a dark cloud on the horizon.

I feel so bad for everyone. I just want them to have a HEA and live peacefully, but that is never the case. There is always something so it made this sto
gwendalyn _books_
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was received from the Author, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.Bittersweet Tapestry, by Kevin O’Connell, is the third installment in The Derrynane Saga, set in the captivating times of the 18th century. Kevin O’Connell has way of pulling the reader into this wonderful depicted, turbulent times. The writing is absorbing the prose flows seamlessly.What really stood out for me and what I really loved about this story wa ...more
Amy
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bittersweet Tapestry: A Novel of Eighteenth Century Europe is the third installment from Kevin O’Connell fabulous The Derrynane Saga. I recommend this series to be read in order, readers would not be disappointed! I enjoyed catching up with Eileen O’Connell ten years later. The story is set in the eighteenth century. I loved the author’s details of the time. I felt like I was right there living among the people and experiencing what they are.
Bittersweet Tapestry: A Novel of Eighteenth Century E
Z Reader
Nov 04, 2019
Kevin O'Connell is a native of New York City, descended from a young
officer of what had, from 1690 to 1792, been the Irish Brigade of the
French army, believed to have arrived in French Canada sometime following
the execution of Queen Marie Antoinette in October 1793. At least one