Start by marking “Herd That (The Valentine Boys Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Herd That (The Valentine Boys Book 1)

Herd That

(The Valentine Boys #1)

His Wranglers fit him like a glove. A really tight, leaving nothing to the imagination, glove. Codie wants nothing more than to shove that Wrangler-covered butt straight into the mud.

Ace Valentine has a smart mouth, a devil-may-care attitude, and those wicked eyes aimed directly at her.

She doesn’t know what to do with that kind of attention. Especially not from the
Published January 21st 2020

To ask other readers questions about Herd That, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Herd That

Start your review of Herd That (The Valentine Boys Book 1)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Anyone who pays attention to my reviews knows that I'm a huge LLV fan. She can do no wrong, especially when it comes to how she creates heroes and Ace Valentine was my kind of hero! His backstory was utterly tragic and heartbreaking. It was totally unexpected and yet it served to highlight all that he had survived and how far his family had come in dealing with their grief. This may have been a western romance, but it was written in typical LLV-style and I loved every moment of it. From Ace ...more
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Herd That introduces the Valentine boys-brothers who have endured a family tragedy and returned to their town of Kilgore, TX to reclaim the family farm. Codie ran from her hometown too, but now that her grandfather is ill, she is back to help him. She is NOT a rancher at all and that becomes evident very quickly!

Ace is a cowboy with a tragic past, but he has a super gooey center! He is so sweet and kind to Codie and once he decides he likes her, he is persistent as hell! Its not aggressive
Erin Lewis
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Herd That (The Valentine Brothers #1) by Lani Lynn Vale

Book one in the latest series from Lani Lyn Vale and she is off to a good start. This series is a bit of a departure from other books by the author in that it is about Cowboys.

I really liked Ace Valentine and the woman who intrigued him, Codie Spears.

Codie has been told one too many times that she isn’t good enough by the people of her home time, that she now believes it to be true.

Ace cannot get her out of his mind, he is
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: gemma, jessica
Jessica’s Review

Ok, so this series seems like it’s going to take place before the last 2 series’s that have released. It took me a second to get my bearings straight with it but once I did I loved seeing all my favorites and seeing Ace finally get a story. The Valentine family had been through so much (which we know from Nico & Georgia’s story) but seeing how he dealt with it. My heart but broke for him and that whole family.

Codie was the perfect match for him. She helped him let lose and
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
LLV has quickly become one of my favorite authors to read from, her stories are fresh and I always fall head over heels in love with her main characters. I know that a lot of her series especially the ones that take place in Kilgore have various connections and I'm going to need someone to draw everything up for me.

I've gotta say, this new cowboy series just might be my kryptonite because LLV lovedddd giving us all the glorious details of Ace Valentine. My oh my, Codie was in for a treat.

Ace is
Three Chicks
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Codie Spears is back in Kilgore Texas. Not by her choice but because her grandpop needs help with his prize bull. This town holds no good memories for Codie. She was a little wild in high school, got into some trouble and never quite lost the reputation for being a trouble maker.

When she runs into some obstacles transporting a trailer full of cows in a thunderstorm, Ace Valentine ends up saving the day. Ace fills out a pair of jeans...

I couldn't begin to thank the Lord enough for the invention
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Can’t wait to see what comes of this new series! This series is a little different, as it doesn’t necessarily focus on the typical group that her books follow, but at the same time they still interact with them and intertwine. After a somewhat troubled childhood, Codie has turned her life around after moving to the big city, but after her grandfather’s health starts declining she makes the decision to return to small town life. Ace’s family is notoriously known in town for what his father did to ...more
Kathy West
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am going to LOVE this series!! This might be my favorite Lani book ever!

I loved Ace Valentine. Loved, loved, loved him. He stole my heart from the very beginning and kept it the entire time.

I loved his attitude, his heart, how he loved his family.

I love that he felt that he needed to protect Codie even before he really knew her.

And by a few other things he said and did, I just knew he was going to be a good guy.

But my heart hurt for him also. He had some though so much when he was younger. But
Jen
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
What an amazing first book in this new series! I've been waiting for The Valentine Brothers for what seems like forever and I was not disappointed! Ace and Codie were perfect together! They were both struggling with their lives and the 2 of them coming together was nothing short of beautiful.

“Never seen him act like this,”Darby said as I approached. “You’re an odd duck, you know that?”I raised my brows at him. “An odd duck?”
“Yeah,”he said. “You make him smile, and I never see him smile. Never.”
Isha Coleman
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1) by Lani Lynn Vale

Sexy has a sensitive side. Vale puts emotions in touch with a tempting love story that is shadowed by life long insecurities and heartaching bias. Herd That aims straight at the heart and scores a bulls-eye. Ace and Codie are fighting to live their own truth as their worlds are falling apart. The playboy with the soft heart and the wild child with the shattered soul are a wicked combination of naughty, nice and inspiring. For every heartache
Heather andrews
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ace is a man who listens to his woman, “you told me to take you to Breakfast with Santa.” I paused, gauging her reaction. “So that’s what I’m doing.” Sometimes Codie's man is an animal, "those were ripped from my body in the next second, and I gasped. “I just bought those!” I murmured. “They were so comfortable!” I liked this book, I liked Ace.
Gi's Spot Reviews
5 ‘My Troublemaker’ Stars

Sweet… Baby… Jesus… Lani Lynn Vale just gave us the piece de resistance itself! There is nothing simple about these cowboys. These Valentine Boys are going to be EPIC! Case in point the heart touching, sexy and emotional brilliance that is Herd That!

Talk about love at first sight – or shall I say at first page, LOL?! – how am I expected to deal with the hotness that are these Valentine MEN, yes, men, because there is nothing boyish about these guys…

“I’m not sure what
Lisa
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Herd That byLani Lynn Vale is the first book in her brand new series The Valentine Boys . Set in the outskirts of small town of Kilgore, Texas this series is ALL about the Valentine brothers. We met the Valentine sister, Georgia, in Nico’s book, Double Tap part of the Code 11-KPD SWAT series. As such, we get some more glimpses into Nico & Georgia’s HEA (swoon). But the VALENTINE BROTHERS - PHEW!!! Talk about good looking, full of personality, and totally ready for their own stories!

Ace
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

I need a cowboy! I swear, I thought at one point I wanted a cop... but nope, NOW, I have to turn my soldier boy into a cowboy, LOL. Giving us something a bit new, Lani Lynn Vale takes us into the world of rodeos, bulls, stubborn horses, and some sexy cowboys in chaps. We are not new to the Valentines, we love their sister in her book with Nico, Double Tap, This is also a new series that can be read anywhere after reading that one, so no need to be up to date on the
Rebecca
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Herd That introduces readers to a new kind of Lani Lynn Vale hero, and I have to say…I’m excited to see how Vale’s quirky and sassy heroines make the cowboys of Kilgore, Texas, fall to their knees.

Even though Vale deviated from her usual emergency services and motorcycle club alpha males, Ace and Codie’s story still has the familiar small town feel, heart, and steam that readers have come to expect from her. And these Valentine brothers definitely bring their own brand of cowboy suave and
Wickedly  Romance

Ace Valentine is one of Georgia (from Double Tap ) sister. If you read that book them you know that the Valentine siblings went through something tragic when they were children. I'm talking the kind of thing that will have a town talking about it for years. That is one of the reasons I couldn't wait for this new series. These boys need a happily ever after
Renee
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing

His Wrangles fit him like a glove. A really tight, leaving nothing to the imagination, glove. Codie want nothing more than to shove that Wrangler-covered butt straight into the mud.
Ace Valentine has a smart mouth, a devil-may-care attitude and those wicked eyes aimed directly at her. She doesn't know what to do with that kind of attention. Especially not from the sweet-talking man that has no problem
Jen
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Note: An ARC was provided by the author via Wildfire Marketing Solutions.

Beginning with this series, I've made it a policy to no longer read the blurbs to any of Lani Lynn Vale's books. I'm still going to read them; I just don't want to read one thing that's written in the blurb and then find out while reading the book that the blurb was far-off. I've enjoyed almost all of Vale's books that I've read so far. Her stories tend to be a bit off-the-wall and has a heavy dose of humor mixed with
We were introduced to the Valentine Family in Nico and Georgia's book, Double Tap which is part of the KPD Swat series. Georgia is the older sister of the Valentine brothers. In that story, we were given the back story about the tragedy that nearly destroyed their family, as well as how they were trying to reinvent themselves, in their hometown. Now it's time for the Valentine Brothers to find their HEA. LLV has a reputation for MC stories, as well as military and first responders being the main ...more
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Herd That is the first book in Lani Lynn Vales’s new series, The Valentine Boys.
Ace Valentine and his siblings have a horrifying past. But, they’ve come back to their home town to work the family ranch and to be closer to their sister and her family. He’s one of the town’s golden boys, even if he feels damaged and broken from the event that forever changed his life. And, while he wasn’t looking to ever settle down, one glimpse of the town “bad girl” has him wanting things he never thought was
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
So I think everyone knows that this author is like my favourite favourite author. And now she wrote a cowboy story... Whoop Whoop!

Codie Spears didn't have a good childhood, she was the bad girl that everyone was warned about. Acting out was what she did, until a tragedy happened in their town and she changed her life. Now she's back in Kilgore Texas helping her grandfather after a illness. Not that she wanted to be, but that's what you do for family.
And this is also brings Ace Valentine into her
Angela
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book since I heard the author was writing it and I am happy with the way it turned out. This book is all about connection and sweetness. The author’s books normally have some type of intrigue and danger within the pages, but this did not and I am actually SO HAPPY about that!!! There is some angst, but it is very well entwined with the overall storyline and deals with a secondary issue and not angst between the characters.

Ace … WOW! Ace is everything that I wanted
World Of Books 65
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another hit series at the pen of Lani Lynn Vale.

'Herd That' is the first book in the new Valentine Brother series. We have meet them before or the youngest Darby in Georgia Valentines and Nicos story 'Tapping It' - book 2 of the code 11 KPD S.W.O.T series.

It doesn’t seem to matter if Lani writes about MC’; Police; Fire Service or now ranchers, all the stories are unique with great story lines hot hero’s cool women and some serious sizzling love scenes just enough to make you a little hot under
Chaos Book Reviews.
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Georgia Valentine got her HEA in Double Tap people started wondering if LLV would shed some light on her burly brothers.

Boy! She did not disappoint.
Ace Valentine is the first brother to find his forever and his lady is the absolute sweetest.

Unlike her ruff and tumble bikers or SWAT team, this cowboy is a little softer. Still undoubtedly all Alpha Male, Ace is a take no prisoners straight down the line, happy go lucky guy. Well his happy go lucky attitude is so totally person dependent.

We
Franci Neill
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 I’ve Got New Cowboys to Love Stars!!!

Another perfect start to a new series by Ms. Vale and I loved everything about this book! Ace and Codi are so perfect together. They’ve both withstood some emotional and physical traumas that we discover as the story develops. What I also loved so much was Codie’s humor. Her ability to say one-liners that no one is expecting had me rolling, especially when it comes to some of the animals on the ranch and a certain pair of gray sweatpants!

What can’t be
Kodie Mackay
I mean.. someone get me a cowboy. A wrangler wearing giant of a mountain man who rides bareback and can throw me over his shoulder!. Lord have mercy on my soul because I swear I seen Jesus at some of those descriptive moments.

Codie... that's my name!!!! I mean granted it spelt with C and mine is a K but still I'm gunna take it. Also... my favourite animals are cows!!! So I'm just going to say this book is made for me and codie is a my fictional person.

I lurrrv her. Codie is that sweet salty
Britta Skarp
Shelves: lani-lynn-vale
The first book of the The Valentine Boys .

(Georgia is their sister. From Nicos book : Double Tap . Series: Code 11-KPD SWAT #2)

Been waiting on their stories for some times and oh was it worth it. Ever since I read Double Tap I wanted to know more about the brothers. Their story is one of heart ache before they even crawled over their teen years.

Ace Valentine is a family driven man. He would do pretty much do anything for his siblings both blodd and the once he adopted through his life after
Ruth’s Romances
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
”It means your Ace Valentine, and I’m Codie Spears. Your a Kilgore royalty and I’m the trash on the other side of the pasture.”
Codie has just moved back to her hometown of Kilgore when she meets Ace. They know of each other, it’s a small town after all. In fact Ace knows all about the towns ‘bad girl.’ And it doesn’t stop him from falling for her. But all Codie has ever known is that she’s not good enough. It’s going to take a lot of work for Ace to break through her walls.
If you love:
•Small
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
I want to start by saying when I read any LLV story and it takes place in Kilgore, I know I’m going to get time with one of my all time favorite police chiefs. I love Luke Roberts. And while Luke has his own book and story, I love when he pops up in books. I just love him so much.

Now with that being said, I think this book was more than I could have asked for. I knew a long time ago that I needed to know more about the Valentine boys. I knew there was a story there. We get some of that with
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

One of my top favorite books by Lani Lynn Vale is Double Tap from her KPD SWAT series. There readers meet the Valentine children, and I’ve been waiting for their stories since. Vale takes readers back into Kilgore, Texas with a fresh spin focusing on a family of cowboys returning to their hometown following an unthinkable tragedy in their childhood. Herd That is the oldest Valentine, Ace’s, story.

Vale painted a story of two town outsiders finding acceptance and love in each other.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Confessions of a Naughty Nanny (The Baileys #6)
  • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard Book 5)
  • Wait for Me
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Single Daddy Seduction (Hot Daddy, #4)
  • Code Name: Heist (Jameson Force Security, #3)
  • Now Or Never (Irresistible, #5)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Getting Off Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #4)
  • King of Kings
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)
  • The Dance
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for ...more

The Valentine Boys (4 books)
  • Crazy Heifer (The Valentine Boys Book 2)
  • Chute Yeah (The Valentine Boys Book 3)
  • Get Bucked (The Valentine Boys Book 4)
“You have to take the bull by the horns. Or the cowboy by the belt buckle. Whatever.-Text from Desi to Codie” 0 likes