Start by marking “Hers to Tame (NOLA Knights, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hers to Tame (NOLA Knights, #2)

Hers to Tame

(NOLA Knights #2)

Book two of NOLA Knights, the heart-stoppingly sexy spin-off series by Men of Haven author Rhenna Morgan

As an avtoritet for the most powerful crime syndicate in New Orleans, Kir Vasilek doesnt act without purpose, doesnt speak without thought and never, ever loses his cool. The lives of his brothers, his family, depend on it. But then Cassie McClintock strolls back into
ebook, 1st edition
Published March 16th 2020 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Hers to Tame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hers to Tame

Start your review of Hers to Tame (NOLA Knights, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Hers to Tame is book two in the NOLA Knights series by Rhenna Morgan. I need to say right here at the beginning that this book right here, this one, is why I read. This man, Kir, is all my very favorite heroes wrapped up in one delicious package. I love him so much. But in this book, he only has eyes for Cassie, and will stop at nothing until he makes her his.

Kir Vasilek is thirty six years old. He works for the most powerful man in organized crime in New Orleans, Sergei, whom you may have read
Carvanz
Five amazing alpha goodness stars!!! Kir is beyond the perfect hero...hes what other heroes strive to be!

When Russian men decide who they want, theyll move heaven, hell and the big bad wolf all at once to make them theirs.

Eight months ago, Cassie began to make a name for herself with the release of several news stories involving one of New Orleans questionable citizens. It was no coincidence that Kir was a large resource during her work on the case. However, when his own character and
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Super story and super hot in parts. Kir is a total alpha. Yum.
~~~~~~
Theres something about an alpha hero with that little bit of dark edge to him. That intensity and all consuming heat was perfectly developed in this delicious character.

Kir is a complete take control kinda guy and is making sure Cassie doesnt slip away again. When trouble comes to her door, he finds the perfect opportunity to make sure that hes the only one protecting her.

The author brings a steamy story of the one who got away
Deborah
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5*
Having loved the previous book His to Defend. I was really looking forward to starting this.

And its a fabulous little read. I liked all the characters. Especially Kir. Cassie is also a strong intelligent female.

Why only 3.5*?
Im not sure.
Its a nice easy and enjoyable read.
I dont know how to explain it. I just felt like something was missing.

I voluntarily read a review copy kindly provided by NetGalley.
Lover of Romance
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Hers To Tame is the second book in the NOLA Knights and is to be released March 2020. I was so excited to read this one here and Rhenna Morgan didn't disappoint in any way. *sigh* this series has had such a great start here and I like that it connects to her "Haven Brotherhood" series. I do have a weakness for mafia-type setups and Morgan has done such a superb job in how she has crafted this world and delivering such a swoony romance that
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Hers to Tame by Rhenna Morgan is the second book in the Nola Knights series. I didnt read the previous book prior to reading this installment, but I had no problem following the story. Each book in the series features a different couple.

In this installment we meet Cassie McClintock and Kir Vasilek. Cassie works as a reporter, while Kir is a member of the Russian Mafia. Being a reporter my not have been her ideal job, but it paid the bills. Kir and Cassie had met prior to this story being
Treena
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for granting my request for an ARC of this book. The review below is entirely my own opinion.

I totally LOVED this book! Its the second story in the spin-off series from Rhenna Morgan's Men of Haven books. And its one of my favorite reads of 2020.

Kir is the kind of alpha-tastic mafiya book boyfriend that I absolutely adore. Gah, and the way he spoke to Cassie? OMG. Wow. Where can I get me some of that? 🔥❤

I thought that I was in love with Sergei (from
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 2.5*

Kir and Cassie met some 8 months previously as he gave her some info on a bad guy that helped her get recognition and land a better journalism job. During the course of her journalistic investigation one of Cassie's co workers informed her that Kir was mafiya. Shocked that the man she'd had such a great connection and sex with was involved in such Cassie ghosted Kir, never answering his calls.

In the present they run into each other as Kir is celebrating his birthday, when one
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Gentleman alert! That's right, our hero is one of those rare gentleman's that we love and adore! He opens the door for women. He walks her to her door. He picks her up from her house and drives her to their destination. He takes care of her car for her. Why can't we get more heroes like Kir??? We NEED more men like him.

To say the least, I loved this book, and I could say it is all due to Kir, but we actually have a really admirable heroine as well. I love that she is the perfect woman for a man
Cherie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this latest installment of Rhenna Morgan's NOLA Knights series. Cassie McClintock is the reporter investigating the series of events from the end of the first book, His to Defend (while pivotal to this story line, Hers to Tame can be read as a standalone.) Her investigation puts her back into the path of Kir Vasilek and she realizes he is still very much interested. Kit, for all his toughness from being raised in the Russian mob is so very attentive, and devoted to Cassie's every ...more
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Its no secret I love Rhenna Morgans heroes and Kir is another one I can chalk on the board of favorites! Hes quiet, but has an intensity that pulls you in from the moment he walks on the page. His fierce loyalty to family is admirable and his feelings towards Cassie range from tender and sweet to deliciously naughty.

Cassie was just as lovable. She may struggle with balancing being independent and accepting help, but her intelligence stands out with a keen eye for detail and the number of
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

I loved the second installment in this series. Cassie apologizes for ghosting on Kir after he helped her out. Kir is just as awesome as his boss. He was a little old fashioned and a whole lotta sexy. Together they were hot and an amazing team. Loved seeing all the peeps from the Haven Brotherhood. Great epilogue and bonus chapter (boy is Roman gonna have his hands full with her).
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
AHHH!! I am obsessed with the NOLA Knights series. I loved Sergei and Evette in the first book and was so excited to read Kir's story. His connection with Cassie was absolutely AMAZING!! This story was so damn sexy and real. I loved the banter between them and how hot and fiery their attraction was!!

This book was absolutely fantastic! Cassie was so refreshingly honest and true. She was such a breath of fresh air. I loved how she was Kir's soft spot. It highlighted how important she was to him
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"It was bad enough that he had a way with words, but paired with his accent and the sexy rumble of his voice, physical foreplay was a bonus more than a necessity."

I'm really enjoying the NOLA Knights, a sexy spin-off from the author's Men of Haven series. Yes, those beloved characters do make an appearance from time-to-time and it makes my heart happy.

If you've made it to this 2nd book in the series, then you already know how talented the author is when it comes to writing bossy badass alphas
Jamie :)
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
**A huge thanks to Netgalley and Harlequin publishing for an advanced copy of this book all thoughts and opinions are my own**

I really liked this one!! It gave me major swoon blushing vibes in the first half! Seriously the level of commitment and protectiveness and sexiness was so very cute and melted my heart with soft flames. The second half got a bit too overprotective for me... I also thought the idea of marriage was a bit rushed, however that more of a matter of opinion.

Juliette Cross
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A page-turner you don't want to miss! There's something about those Russian mafia men and Rhenna Morgan knows JUST how to balance the protector and possessive alpha in her heroes. Kir and Cassie burn up the pages with sizzling sexual tension and steamy intimacy.

Once more, we're given a dangerous backdrop in the gritty underworld of New Orleans. But make no mistake, the center of this story is the palpable love story between Kir and Cassie. Another fantastic addition to the NOLA Knights series.
Coco.V
Feb 10, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Dawn
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series! Love this author. If you are a romance lover with some suspense thrown in you'll love pretty much everything she writes.
I find the guys are always hot (in more ways than one) , the women sassy and the plots are fantastic.

Kir and Cassie's story was especially a favorite with brilliant word play. When the reporter meets the man rumored to be working for the mafiya what will she do? When her career is at stake will she claim him or deny him?

Love Aunt Frieda! Here's to hoping she
Jessica (the naptime writer)
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Q: How do you feel about mafia romances?

For the most part Im a rule follower who hates, absolutely hates, getting into trouble. Sometimes I get anxious about things that I havent even done because I worry someone will think that I have. Case in point: Ive been told so many times that I look young for my age that I still get nervous showing my ID to people when I buy alcohol and I am now 35 YEARS OLD. WITH LINES ON MY FACE THAT DEFINITELY INDICATE THAT I AM NOT USING A FAKE ID.

But all of that is
Kahea
***5 You And I Will Be Stars***

This baby was all kinds of fun! It was all kinds of sweet and smexy and filled with a lot of heart, as well as nice little bit of suspense thrown into the mix that kept things interesting. Also, it was filled with characters that Ive come to love and some newbies that I want to spend lots more time with!

I ADORED Cassie and Kir. Cassie is hard working, honest and all kinds of sweet and sassy. I loved the way her mind worked and how, even in her more vulnerable
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5*s of absolute hotness !

This is the second book in the series - and I highly recommend that you start with His to Defend, which tells Sergei and Evette's story, and is also absolutely enchanting, and they are important in this book too.

Cassie is by choice a photographer, but earns her living as a tv reporter. She needs her next big story to retain her prime tv slot, and thinks that maybe reconnecting with Kir, a
Cathy Geha
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hers to Tame by Rhenna Morgan
NOLA Knights #2

Smiling as I think about this book. Kir was a hunk of a guy and his care and tenderness with Cassie, the woman that was to be his was heart warming. Cassie was an intelligent reporter who met Kir months before but stayed away when she heard rumors he was Russian Mafiya. The connection was too strong to keep them apart forever, though. I love this authors books and loved this one, too!

What I liked:
* Cassie: focused on her work, a capable reporter but
Donna Hines
Flaming Hot! Passionately Driven! Cassie may be the one who got away but Kir has the last say!
Wow! Cold showers galore after this one because it will excite and entice all into one big romance.
Cassie is our main gal whose a young 25 year old news reporter while Kir's 36 with a powerful crime boss Sergei, whom you may recall from the first book.
Is Kir worthy of Cassie's love?
Now, these two can't keep their hands off one another but that's no new news, in fact what is at issue is the fact that the
Christina
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh. Em. Gee!!!!!!! Yes, yes and OMG, YES!!!!! I've been dying to read this ever since I finished the first book in this series and let me just say that the wait was TOTALLY worth it!!!!

Kir is basically the right hand man for the head of the Russian Mafia in New Orleans (Read the first book). He spends most of his time making sure that everything falls in to place and runs as smooth as possible for his boss. So much so that by helping his boss with a situation, he was able to "help himself" to a
Sissy's Romance Book Review
HERS TO TAME by Rhenna Morgan is book Two in the NOLA Knights Series. This is the story of Kir Vasilek and Cassie McClintock. I have read the previous book (loved it!) so that did add to my enjoyment of this one, but I did feel you could make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Cassie is a investigative reporter who we meet in the first book where she had gather information for her news stories. But she ended up slipping away from Kir. Now she is back doing more investigations for
Darcy
Mar 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book, romance, 2020
I liked that Cassie didn't back away fro Kir, even when she should have, when he started to share things about himself and his family. Instead she saw the good in him and how even though people may consider him bad, he and his family had a code. I also loved that Kir tried to let Cassie go, but realized he needed her and spared no time in winning her over once she crossed his path again. Kir's family gave Cassie something that she sorely needed, people that cared about her. Loved their HEA and ...more
Anita
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very sweet and unexpected mafia romance. When I usually read these novels, I find them to be dark and gritty, and I feel the heroine to be a little ditzy. Not with this novel! Cassie, the main character, is a smart, and capable person who just happens to fall in love with Kir, a member of a Russian mob family. The focus of this novel was not on the violence of the mob, but the love found between the members of the family and the main characters. I received an advanced reader's copy ...more
Deb
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults 18+ Fans of Fiction
WOW! HERS TO TAME is another 6 star winner, IMHO :) I was hooked from page one by this 2nd marvelous, new book in the outstanding NOLA Knights spinoff from the phenomenal, Men of Haven world! ... Whether youve read the 1st page-turner, (His To Defend) or not, get ready to be swept away by this fantastic MUST READ that held me captive, & then left me craving more! ... But, I promise you wont want to miss out on book one first ;) ... Ms. Morgan has a magical way of weaving words together for ...more
Avid Reader
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hers to Tame (NOLA Knights #2) by Rhenna Morgan
4 stars
M/F Romance (mafia)
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Cassie is good at her job. She knows that she needs another great story, but shes not sure where she should look to get it. When she decides that she needs to be better at adulting, she moves in to a small apartment and leaves the comforts of her aunts house.

Kir knows that his family means everything to him. But, when its hit by outside forces, hell have to talk
Margaret Fisk
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Originally posted on Tales to Tide You Over

Hers to Tame delivers on the expectations Morgan has built up in this and her related series. Theres plenty of snappy dialogue and a strict code of honor, but the book also shows what family should be like, whether found or born into.

Theres a large cast, new members added onto those we met in the first book. We even get a glimpse of the prospect for the next book, something I guessed from her introduction before skimming the teaser chapters in the back.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Flame (Dark Kings #17)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Before He Vanished
  • Love Hard (Hard Play, #3)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Bishop (The Protectors #15)
  • Witness Protection Widow (Winchester, Tennessee #5)
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
  • Ull (Tornians, #4)
  • Her Wicked Duke
  • Her Homecoming Wish
  • Phoenix (Linear Tactical #8)
  • Sergeant's Christmas Siege (Alaska Force, #3)
  • The Third to Die
  • Saving Their Trainer: A Reverse Harem Romance Novella (Tumblr-Inspired Reverse Harem Romance Book 1)
  • SEAL's Honor (Alaska Force, #1)
A native Oklahoman with two beautiful girls, Rhenna Morgan is a certified romance junkie and has a resume that reflects her passion for new experiences. Since graduating with a Bachelors in Radio, Television, and Film at Oklahoma State, shes racked up positions ranging from on-air radio talent, skip tracer, and promotions director, to real estate agent, project manager, and business analyst.

NOLA Knights (3 books)