Start by marking “Rebel” as Want to Read:
Rebel

Rebel

(Legend #4)

Con un suspenso incomparable y su característica narración cinematográfica, Marie Lu, la autora #1 del New York Times, sumerge a los lectores otra vez en el inolvidable mundo de Legend, para un verdadero gran final. Respeta a la Leyenda. Idolatra a la Prodigio. Celebra al Campeón. Y nunca subestimes al Rebelde. Eden Wing ha vivido por años bajo la sombra de su hermano. A ...more
Published October 15th 2019 by Puck (first published October 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Rebel, please sign up.
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon Books don't go up for pre-order until 200ish days (I can't remember the specific number) before release. This doesn't come out for at least another…moreBooks don't go up for pre-order until 200ish days (I can't remember the specific number) before release. This doesn't come out for at least another year (I know, they wait will be hard 😫)(less)

Start your review of Rebel
Nick
Oct 13, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
wake me up when October comes
may ➹
will I admit that this was a mostly useless book? yes. but do I still love it because of the June/Day content? also yes.

--------------------------------------

the cover was released and I only have one thing to say: how is Marie Lu finally getting the cover she deserves after EIGHT YEARS
I AM NOT READY FOR THIS. MY HEART WAS SHATTERED IN MILLION PIECES WITH CHAMPION AND NOW... NOW, I AM CRYING.

description

I need to re-read the trilogy the next year. It'll be hard and a ride full of emotions but I'll do it.

I'm excited for this new book and the series. I've always had questions about what happened with June (my love) and Day after they reunited in Champion and I don't know how many answers I'll get from this book but I'll be reading this.
Natalie Monroe
I have very mixed feelings about this. The trilogy ended on such a perfect note and now you want to drag my babies out of retirement?

Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
AHHHH!!! I'm getting emotional just thinking about this.

Friendddds. Day. And June. And Eden. Their story isn't over.

*cries ugly tears into my tea*
Hamad
May 12, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Why is no one talking about this cover?

While it does look good, why doesn't it match the other covers?
Candace Robinson
This book was like a freaking gift! I loved how the Legend series ended, but I always wanted more, needed more, and I finally freaking got it!

This one has perspectives from my boy, Daniel AKA Day, and his little bro, Eden. Eden was so young in the last one and I loved his character, so it was awesome to see how he turned out. He isn't like Daniel in a lot of ways, but he's brave like him! And he's so smart, too!

I will say that the highlights for me were when June and Daniel were together!
✨    jamieson   ✨
OMG I cannot believe we’re getting more Day and June my ass is shaking move over every other 2019 release queen Marie lu is coming
Sana
Nov 19, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WHAT THE FUCK.

I am on the floor and shaking.
julia ♥
That last chapter added about 20 years to my life. 600000/5
Mary S. R.
[12 May 2019]
Merlin's pants—would you look at that son of a biscuit of a cover! (yes a delicious biscuit covered in dark chocolate with blueberry jam on it, that's what I meant the cover is and nothing else )

If the cover were a woman and I were Kol Mikaelson:

I'm now hyped where is October 1st I demand someone build a time machine right now

• • • • • • •

[4 Feb 2019]
We have a blurb and a title!

Eden Wing is a brilliant student. He’s about to graduate a year early from Ross University of the
julianna ➹
edit 5/10/19
HOLY CRAP THIS COVER!!!

HI THE TITLE JUST RELEASED AND I AM SHRIEKING

IF MARIE LU DOESN'T GET THE COVER SHE DESERVES I SWEAR TO GOD (the real question here is, will this cover match the previous covers??)
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Can we just take a moment and appreciate this STUNNING cover?
I'm deceased by its beauty.
My day is made.
-------------------------------
Title and blurb has been revealed!!!!! OMFG. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS.
I'm excited for the cover. PLEASE LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL AF.
-------------------------------
set 10 years after Champion???
THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PRAY TO BOOK GODS AND GODDESSES. GOD BLESS YOU MARIE LU. I'M SOBBING
Kelly Brigid ♡
"I'm grateful that we still, in spite of everything, have all found each other ... sometimes, broken pieces find a way to make a new whole."

It pains me to give such a low rating to this novel, but ... I expected so much more. The Legend trilogy holds so much nostalgia for me, being that it was one of the first Young Adult series that I ever read. With that being said, I couldn't help but feel that this one wasn't even close to performing on the same stage as its predecessors. Champion
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
RTC

I hope Day and June didn't hurt their backs carrying this entire book.

Update May 2019
We have a cover, and to be honest, I don't love it :(

It's fine by itself, but it doesn't really match the rest of the series, it actually seems to match the original Legend cover better, here's my evidence;

Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Rebel (Legend, #4) by Marie Lu

Edit February 2019
WE HAVE A TITLE AND IT IS OMINOUS!

So now the series goes Legend, Prodigy, Champion, and Rebel. I wonder if this will connect the trilogy with Warcross since we're going deeper into
Lerizza Mae (books&teacups)
We held our breaths when we read Legend, got at the edge of our seats when we read Prodigy, then our hearts were broken but got eventually repaired when we read Champion. Now prepare to do that all over again with Rebel.

I read the first three books a few years after Champion was released. It was just a trilogy back then and I thought that it ended on a perfect note - an open but hopeful ending. So when Marie Lu announced that she's going to publish a fourth book I was a bit skeptical.

I loved Day
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
ASDFGHJVFGSvdfCFCDXSWAERUXFLG

I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYEBALLS OH MY GOODNESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So long I have suffered from the Champion epilogue... Will I finally have a satisfying conclusion?????
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
[2.5/5 stars] I remember loving the original Legend Trilogy. In hindsight, however, I think I rated it so highly because I was only comparing it to other YA dystopians. Of the dozens I tried at the time, Legend ranked close to the top of my list. I don’t know that I would have been so generous with my ratings had I honesty compared them to all books I enjoyed and not just that very specific branch of the YA market.

Rebel was just okay. The plot was cute, extending the romance between June and
Mizuki
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Pre-review:

Look what is happening here:

Author Marie Lu is continuing the story of her million-selling “Legend” series.

Lu has agreed to a multimillion dollar, three-book deal with Roaring Brook Press, the publisher announced Friday. The first book is set 10 years after her third “Legend” installment, “Champion,” which came out in 2013. Currently untitled and scheduled for Fall 2019, the upcoming novel will again feature such characters as young Eden Bataar Wing and take place in the dystopian
Elena [currently ia because college + finals]
rEbEl

listen WHAT THE FUCK

i cant believe i still havent read champion
hillary
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
WHAT IS HAPPENING.

I don’t know how to feel about this. I’m going to read it because hello, it’s Marie Lu, and I really liked the Legend trilogy, but this same thing happened to the Shatter Me trilogy and look at all the problems I’ve had with Restore Me. I guess I’ll just keep my fingers crossed for this one?

Though I’m LOWKEY EXCITED that this takes place in ANTARTICA!! My favorite world building ever
Whispering Stories
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

One of the first reviews I ever wrote on the blog back in 2015 was for the first book in the Legend series which I read originally in 2011, aptly names ‘Legend‘. If you have never read the books, they are dystopian YA reads featuring two main characters, June and Day. June was born into a wealthy area once know as Western USA and Day into the slums who grew up to become one of the countries most wanted criminals.

The pair meet after June’s older police
☆ Mira ✷
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as tbr-series  ·  review of another edition
@my fellow Marie Lu fans on here, you're all wonderful but please stop putting this in my feed and reminding me it comes out in a whole year :'(
Alexandra Elend Wolf
I'm surprised.

I ended liking it more than I thought I would.

When Lu was posting her little snippets on Instagram I remember reading some and hating the voice that Eden seemed to have. It made me really apprehensive about starting this book, even though I was dying to pick it up.

Anyway, in the end, it was way better than I thought it would be.

I'm still gasping about that ending.

RTC.
_______________________

I'm finally starting this beauty.

I'm so excited, and a little apprehensive, about
Lara
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

My review

“Because sometimes, broken pieces find a way to make a new whole.”

Call me a believer because my faith in sequels for series-that-should-have-ended has returned.
My honest opinion of books like these? Fanservice. But! But, Marie Lu did leave a lot of things unfinished at the end of her Legend Trilogy, especially the outcome of June x Day reunion ten years later, so I actually took my skepticism goggles of and decided to give this release a shot as more than just a lengthy
Ari
I need you to understand that Legend is a trilogy** I absolutely LOVE.

(you won't believe just how, after all these years, reading it still fills me with so much delight and emotion!)

Looking back...
When I first read Legend, it felt insta-lovish and convenient, but there was something about it that took hold of my heart and it did not let go. (I loved it even more after re-reading it along with the sequels.) Then Prodigy made me fall and care for these characters even more, and by Champion my
Adah Udechukwu
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Rebel. I'm glad it was not predictable. The novel did not toe the line I had in my mind.
may ☆彡

it has a release date.

IT HAS A COVER IT HAS A RELEASE DATE

————————————————————————

k. so.
i know i’m VERY late to this and i apologize lol i haven’t had access to goodreads in a while with school and all.
however,
this is the fucking greatest book to ever exist ever

just figured i’d let you all know so you can FREAK OUT ABOUT IT WITH ME AHHHHH SOSO GOOD TF
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
COVER REVEAL!!!
Which means one step closer to getting this book in my hands!
2/4/19
The synopsis gives me life!!! I can't wait for this. I've missed my children ;D
---
Saw the news on Instagram and OMG I can't believe it! This is honestly some of the best news I have heard in a long time. Love the Legend series so much and I cannot wait to be reunited with my favs =D <3
Ails
5 STARS

I’M SCREAMINGGGGGGGG OH MY GOD :((( MARIE LU, THANK YOU FOR THIS FOURTH INSTALLMENT! I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!!!

This is Eden’s story, but Day & June play a big role in this book (without taking the spotlight away from Eden.)

BUT DAMN, WE REALLY GET MORE OF DAY & JUNE AND MY HEART IS BURSTING FROM ALL THE FEELS!!!! (That’s all I can say for now!)

I suggest you reread the three previous books first, then read “Life After Legend” before diving into this fourth installment. It’s what I did

• Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • The End and Other Beginnings: Stories from the Future
  • Reveal Me (Shatter Me #5.5)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Supernova (Light Years #2)
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
  • Shatter City (Impostors, #2)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
[Note: Many apologies, but I'm woefully bad at checking my Goodreads emails! If you'd like to send a note/msg, please catch me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Marie_Lu . Thanks!]

I write young adult novels, and have a special love for dystopian books. Ironically, I was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, I was an Art Director at a video game company. Now I shuffle around at home and

Legend (4 books)
  • Legend (Legend, #1)
  • Prodigy (Legend, #2)
  • Champion (Legend, #3)
“There are a million pieces of us scattered through my memory, moments tiny and insignificant to everyone else in the world except for me.” 15 likes
“She was the flint lighting sparks in my darkness, illuminating a history that I can just barely see.” 11 likes