Start by marking “Rocket Science” as Want to Read:
Rocket Science

Rocket Science

Relationships aren’t rocket science. If they were, I might stand a chance of figuring one out.

Elijah
Saying I've had a crush on my best friend's older brother, Pax, most of my life is like saying the big bang was just an explosion. It's true, but I'm not sure that quite captures the essence of its true enormity.

I know he's only hanging out with me because I'm
Published September 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rocket Science, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocket Science

☆ Todd
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it

A slightly dissenting opinion here, but while I enjoyed the story, I never got that feeling of, "OMG, these two absolutely *must* be together or the world is going to end", which is one of the things that I most adore when reading romances.

Nerdy, 22 y.o. Elijah had been obsessed with his best friend's older brother since the first moment he felt a tingling "down there", which only intensified the moment that he met up with Pax again in LA, where Elijah was attending graduate school.

Driven, 30 y.o. Pax fondly remem"down"OMG,
Jan
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
**** 3.75 Stars ****

A very enjoyable, hot and angst-free story.
Ele
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was a nice surprise! I have read some books by this author and they 've been hit or miss (mostly miss) but this one really hit the mark.

Lots of favorite tropes were done almost to perfection here, like...
-Best friend's older brother.
-Awkward nerd (glasses and all) vs big, outgoing jock.
-Virgin who wants to experiment and explore all kinds of things.
-F@ck buddies until feelings get in the way.

There is A LOT of sex in this book (smoking hot btw) and at some p/>-Best
Cadiva
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a surprise and in a totally great way.

I think I'd been expecting more pining or a bit more angsting but it was just a completely sweet and satisfyingly spicy romance.

Best friend's older brother is one of my fave tropes, throw in a nerdy but surprisingly needy virgin who gets quite filthy in all the best ways and an older guy who falls hard, and you get this excellent book.

The Epilogue is just brilliant.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an hones
Susan
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute read! I was in the mood for a fluffy book and this falling in love with the brother's best friend story was just adorable.

Pax is a bit of a manwhore. He travels a lot and loves to have a different man in his bed every night. When he gets a text from his brother asking him to check on his brother’s best friend who just moved there, Pax isn’t sure he wants to do it. He remembers Elijah as this awkward nerdy kid. But of course he can’t say no to his brother, so he s
Ariana
*4,25 stars*

Freaking adorable.
That’s what I’d call this.
One of the best books in the ‘light and fluffy’ category for me this year.

“Nerdlet” and virgin Elijah, a guy with a genius brain, a huge intellect and tons of social awkwardness has had a crush on his best friend’s brother since he’s been a teen. And now eight-year older Pax has been given the task to ‘socialise him’ in his new environment. Which turns into an experiment of showing Elijah 'the ropes’ in all departments.

They
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

I absolutely adored this. My sophomore reading from this author went even better than the first one.

I adored Elijah and Pax's chemistry, I adored their scenes together, and their sex scenes were scorching.

I love the "best friend's brother" or "brother's best friend" trope, it's always so fun, and this didn't disappoint. Pax is Elijah's best friend's older brother, and Elijah has been crushing on him for about 10 years, although he hasn't seen him in years and years, see
Rachel Emily
I LOVED THIS!

This might be my favorite story from this author! It just ticked all of my boxes - nerdy, awkward character, first times, best friend's older brother, sweet moments, genuinely funny moments, the whole "let's do casual - oops, we caught feels!" type of story. I just LOVED this.

Elijah is super smart, but not the best at flirting or relationships - and he's never had one, although he's had a seriously crush on his best friend's older brother, Paxton. Theo, who is Elijah's
Snjez
Oct 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
.Lili.
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one.

-Best friend's brother
-Opposites attract
-Age gap-ish (8 years)
-Hot chemistry
-No strings sex
-Feels
-Low drama
-Sweet HEA

KM Neuhold is a new to me author whose backlist I'll be checking into, and I hope we'll see this turn into a series.
Kathryn Manzella
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rocket Science by K.M. Neuhold is a stand-alone MM romance and is an amazing read. You have to love the adorable and virginal nerd making the sexy playboy type fall hard for him. Plus it's a best friend's older brother story!

Pax and Elijah are fantastic characters who had me laughing, awww-ing and my kindle heating up. The supporting characters are interesting and fun, too. This story was funny, sweet at times, sexy and altogether fun! Loved it!
Natosha Wilson
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just loved his book. It is one of those books where you are drawnto the main characters and you are so hoping they figure their crap out and end up together. Opposite attract, that is what this book is. Not to mention it is the book where one of the main characters is in love with his best friends brother. So yes I was hoping these two men would end up together in the end!! This is one of Boss books that is such an incredible read that you just do not want it to end. I really hope that some of ...more
Leslie
⭐ ⭐⭐⭐.5/5 Stars
🔥🔥🔥🔥/5 Call the Fire Department Heat Scale

One of my favorite romance tropes, if done well, is the best friend’s older brother. This was absolutely done well.

Rocket Science brings us Elijah and Pax. Pax is the older brother of Elijah’s best friend Theo. (Who will be getting a story of his own from what I hear. Along with some other secondary characters. You’ll know when you meet them. 2020 can’t come soon enough.)

Elijah has moved across the country for Grad Scho
Zuzu
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
42% - A bit frustrating. Pax is hot and cold and it's making me angry. Plus am I the only one that doesn't feel the chemistry between these 2?

I got a bit over 1/2 way and then skipped to the final 3 chapters. I think I saved myself a lot of back-and-forth which would have aggravated me.
----------
I did just read the short story "Bishop and the Bartender" and found out the next book is MMMM. Very Interesting!
Donna
✔ Friends with benefits
✔Nerd Vs Jock
✔Virgin MC
✔Dual POV
This book has some delicious tropes that were just perfect. Lots of hot sex and amazing chemistry, this book is such a winner. I love Elijah so much, he's fucking adorable.

“There’s this idea in string theory that there are infinite parallel universes with infinite possibilities,” he says, settling closer to me, his
Jessica
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was absolutely a fun read! Great one liners and snark. I just enjoyed this book so much. Not to say it was missing the usual emotional tug that come with a Kyleen book. Pax and Elijah just have so much chemistry that I did want to smack one or both a couple of times. But they each had to figure out what and who they wanted and yes sometimes I wanted scream at them to get it together the story really doesn't yank you around an awful lot. I am excited what else this series will bring and more ...more
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
3.5
A good and easy read, pretty fluffy with decent characters. In the beginning I was not a Pax fan he seems pretty immature and shallow, but he definitely grew on me, Elijah was just a sweetie. I will be interested in reading Hudson and Bishops book,’there seems like a lot of tension. So far Bishop seems to good for Hudson, let’s hope he pulls it out the bag!
bridgetann
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously fantastic...

I'm a huge fan of this author. I loved everything about this book. It was the perfect combination of heat and sweet. The sex between Pax and Elijah was HOT!!!! I really enjoyed the way the story unfolded between them. It's definitely one I'll read over and over!!!
Sid
is that matty healy on the cover lol also this was super duper cute
Addicted2M/M
4.5
Pax guiding Elijah through his sexual experiments...loaded with dirty talk? Ungh.
I need more. Alex's story??? Bishop/Hudson??? Theo???
All of the above. Please.
Lori
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
All I really have to say is "awww!" This was super sweet and a nice change from the heavier books that I have been reading. Not much angst to speak of and not that long but I would definitely suggest it if you want something fluffy to read.

I really love the virgin nerd trope so this was right up my alley.
jazmin
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm too tired rn to write a real review but this book was exactly what I hoped it would be haha and I loved it!
Kelsie
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Somewhere around 4 Stars

Light, easy, and enjoyable read. Could’ve done without the incessant pet names (apparently this is becoming a pet peeve of mine), but it was a cute read.
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you cross a nerd and player? You get a hot love story that will leave you smiling for days after reading it.

Pax and Elijah are opposites. Elijah is a socially awkward genius whose idea of a fun time is staying at home and solving mathematical equations. Pax on the other hand is a player who goes to clubs to pick up his next conquest.

Elijah's best friend Theo calls his brother Pax to help Elijah get out since moving to a new city for school. Pax remembers Elijah from when they were younger and how
Mac Paterson
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
Rocket Science is another cracking book from KM Neuhold. A nerdy virgin and a commitment phobe player are our two main characters and their journey to HEA is adorable, funny and hot!

Elijah is socially awkward and really doesn’t know how to act around people, he had some bad experiences when he was younger that have dented his confidence and just had his best friend Theo to be himself with. He’s never had a boyfriend and secretly pined after Theo’s older brother Pax for most of his teenage years
Tia
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story of Elijah, an adorable brainiac, who falls hard for his best friend’s older brother Jax (who he’s crushed on since adolescence). Both MCs had sizzling chemistry and there were some red-hot scenes where the virginal Elijah explores his sexual firsts with Jax.

There wasn’t a whole lot that was unique about this book, and it’s not a story that’ll likely stick with me for more than a day, but it was a well-written and fun read.

I will admit that part of me
Achim
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-ku, 1-contempory
3.5
Although this is another version of nerdy virgin conquers not-boyfriend-material slut it's an adorable version, funny and sweet ... yeah, maybe the epilog is too picket-fence-happiness for my taste but I guess it had to be that way.
Nanna Sander
3.5 stars.

A good story. The reason it doesn't get more stars is because the characters were a little one-sided.. Otherwise I liked it a lot.
R
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, reviewed, favorites
Elijah equals ROCKETS. He has wanted to be a rocket scientist his whole life. He has also had a crush on his best friends brother when he was younger. When his friend convinces his brother to check on Elijah, the crush was still there. Their path together was inevitable.

Pax rememberers Elijah as a little nerdlet he referred to as Einstein. The grown up nerdlet sets Pax’s heart racing. Pax doesn’t do the relationships. He’s not good at them, doesn’t have time, and he will probably che
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
K.M.Neuhold has long since been a romance junkie. When she’s not writing she’s reading or spending time snuggling with her husky or her husband. She fell in love with M/M romance last year and hasn’t been able to turn back. There’s nothing she loves more than love in all its forms.
“Embrace the embarrassment,” he advises. “It’s never killed anyone.” 2 likes