Start by marking “A Circle of Firelight” as Want to Read:
A Circle of Firelight

A Circle of Firelight

What Edmonds does especially well is to sprinkle fantasy and pop-culture references throughout, making the volume accessible even to readers who aren’t genre fans. What results is a charming tale that allows every reader to smile knowingly. A sturdy, well-crafted, and vibrant fantasy. -- Kirkus Reviews

The execution is for the most part charming and clever, with lively
Paperback
Published February 20th 2020 by Scary Hippopotamus Books

To ask other readers questions about A Circle of Firelight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Circle of Firelight

Start your review of A Circle of Firelight
Amber
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this ebook from the author, publisher, and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Ashlynn Revere is heading towards an interview to be an editorial assistant at a publishing company. Her plans are ruined when her sister Penny tags along and they end up in a car crash leaving them in the hospital. Can they survive? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good fantasy read about survival and more. If you enjoy these types of stories, feel free to
Bryn
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one Netgalley read I don't regret requesting.

A beautiful, thought-provoking story about the bonds of family that transcend time and space, life and death.

I need more weird black rabbits in my dreams now …

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
Siavahda
Oct 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
20% is the cut-off point for me - if a book hasn't won me over by the time it hits that mark on my Kindle, it's not going to, and unfortunately, despite a fantastic premise, Circle of Firelight didn't make the cut. To be honest, even making it that far into the book was reminiscent of wading through a swamp - an exhausting struggle through the mud, slipping and sliding and occasionally being smacked in the face by a branch.

First-person narration rarely works for me - unless there's something
Megan Forrest
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
After reading the description of the novel, I was intrigued. Unfortunately, the description is basically the entire story, which is based on a simple plot. The novel is told in the first person, which makes sense as virtually the entire story takes place in Ashlyn's mind. The use of the present tense, however, was not a great choice. It feels awkward and clunky, making it difficult to become immersed in the story. The entire premise of the novel - that Ashlyn must deal with her own emotions to ...more
Cim
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
The book was well-written, and I enjoyed running into a handful of words that expanded my vocabulary. The story is unique; I can honestly say I've never before read a book like this. It's an intriguing idea, that a coma patient can continue to consciously fight for their lives even while unconscious. This book has an optimistic ending, which I appreciated. It was left a little open, but there was hope.

I had trouble tracking what was happening at a few points, because the story occasionally
Khris Erickson
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I think that Curtis Edmonds has promise and will make an excellent writer as time goes on. I really liked the premise of the book, and parts of it were very well written. Edmond's writing style is easy to read and the dialogue drew me in.

My biggest problem with the book is that the tone remained the same throughout the book. Books that I LOVE tend to have a different energy depending on what type of scene is happening, and this book lacked that. During suspense and action scenes the writing
Tiffany
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, ebook, fantasy
There is an easy flow to the dream state fantasy Curtis Edmonds has created. The characters are fleshed out nicely, and the shifts between reality and fantasy are not jarring or off-putting. The emotions and the relationship between the sisters is enduring. This is a well-done, easy to read book.

Thank you, NetGalley & publisher for the ebook ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Meaghan Hurn
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
The best thing about this book is the blurb.

I really really wanted to like this book but I found the writing and dialogue sloppy and the vocabulary formal and outside of the age range for the intended reader. It seems like it was never truly edited and may only be the second draft of this novel, which is a typical mistake that I find with authors who are self-published.

Revamp, edit and work a lot more on this novel. I bet it'll turn into something amazing. It's just not there yet.
Francesca
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
*Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.*

DNF. This novel seems to be more a way to showcase the author's geek knowledge than an actual story. The plot is barely there, the main character is flat out boring due to being severely underdeveloped. The prose is the only interesting aspect of this book.
Joe Bloggs
Jan 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
Full review to come. Overall, a poorly paced, poorly written and boring book.
Ayre Wilson
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is an interesting story, basically a girl goes into a coma after a car crash and we experience her dreams or subconscious while she struggles to survive the accident. She is very much obsessed with high fantasy novels and you see that obsession reflected in some really bad troupes. This book is very self aware that its using bad troupes, but its still using them. The author also uses a lot of modern culture references,
Ocean Weeks
Hubabaloo
Frederick Rotzien
Bill Schlott
Feb 01, 2020

• Rakes and Roses (Mayfield Family #3)
  • Given
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Wilder Girls
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • The Burning White (Lightbringer, #5)
  • Paper Wife
  • Fall from Trace (London League #5)
  • Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1)
  • Darcy's Christmas Wish: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Revolutionary (Anomaly, #3)
  • Stealing Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Archetype (Archetype, #1)
  • The Atonement Child
  • Hope and Sensibility
  • Mistaking Her Character: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
My name is Curtis Edmonds; I am a self-published author living in central New Jersey. My new novel, A CIRCLE OF FIRELIGHT, comes out on February 20, 2020.