Start by marking “Cocky Playboy” as Want to Read:
Cocky Playboy

Cocky Playboy

He’s a bastard in Burberry.

Decker Collins knows how to do one thing—win.

When his billion-dollar law practice moves to merge with a firm out of Dallas, she shows up to oversee the transition.

Tate Reynolds—the vixen in Versace.

She’s whip-smart, sassy, and gorgeous. Oh, and she doesn’t take any of Decker’s sh*t.

With
Kindle Edition
Published October 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Cocky Playboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cocky Playboy

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Two highly successful law firms are merging. One's in Texas, the other's in Chicago. Tate comes up with her boss to the windy city to assist with the merger. She's tough, she's strong, and she doesn't lose. Decker is looking to lighten his load and so the merger is the perfect solution. Getting his brothers on board is another story. He's not looking for any sort of distraction and yet Tate is a temptation he finds impossible to resist. These two were on attack-mode right from jump. The authors ...more
Jessica Alcazar
4.5 really close to 5 Cocky Sassy stars!! Well done!

Okay, here’s the thing, I reeeeeally liked this book. And for me, that was a big high. Why? Because one of the authors I had yet to read so yay, new author for me and the other had been a huge miss for me in the past so yay, a hit for an author that’s been a miss before!!! See, big high! :) But I have one issue I’m gonna tell you about (but I’ll hide it as a spoiler) before I tell you why it was so great ..

(view spoiler) And now you know why the book was close to 5 stars but not quite #sorrynotreally

Okay, so the good stuff: I enjoyed reading the build-up of the story. The build-up of the why of things. As a reader, having that anticipation of what the heck is the missing piece of information, can be just a big a high as the anticipation of what will happen next between two people’s romance journey. You get both with this book. I can’t say another thing about that because it’s a spoiler, but I wanted you guys to know it was really well done.

Decker and Tate were both a force to be reckoned with individually and as a couple. It’s glorious to read two strong alpha characters in a story. Each gave as good as they got when it came to each other and that ending was swooooooooooon . The book made me happy you guys. Read it, maybe it will make you happy also :)
Snow
Shelves: arc, 2019
This was a treat really...

An "enemies-to-lovers-forbidden-office-romance" filled with steamy, sexy encounters with just a slight addition of mild angst, it's a light entertainment concluded with warm cup of sweet HEA.

***ARC kindely provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***
Amo Jones
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come, but!

I drowned in this story. In these words, and in this world. A five star read from the very first page.

Well done, S-dog! You slayed this one!
Coco.V
Cocky Playboy is on sale for $0.99 (regular price $2.99) on Amazon today (10/4/2019)💞
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh I love me some cocky Alphaholes and decker, damn he gets me going.

It’s been a long time since I’ve read a book by Sloane Howell and this one just reminds me how much I love his books. I’ve never read an Alex Wolf book before (although I’m gonna look into that now) so having these two combined and writing together is brilliant, it works! It’s hot, sexy and so much fun.

Decker and Tate’s meeting was a fun one.

He’s arrogant, cocky and knows he can get whatever and whoever he wants but undern
Grace
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for the following:
- Cocky alpha male hero
- Bold/smart heroine
- Inter-office romance
- Sexual tension out the wazoo
Look no further.

From the moment Tate Reynolds meets Decker Collins, she hate him and his brash/selfish attitude.  She also wants to jump his bones.  And the feeling is mutual.  While they both brush off the initial run-in, they quickly learn that won't be as easy as they expected, when they discover they are working on a critical merger together.

Despite their attraction to one another, which we discover from their dual POVs, they hav
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received from authors for an honest review

Ahhhh, who doesn't love a cocky a-hole (well, in their books, I am sure they would be quite unbearable IRL!!)

This dastardly due of Wolf and Sloane have given us one heck of a sexy office romance. I mean, they say fighting is foreplay - and our lovelies Decker and Tate do love to foreplay!

Now, Decker is one of "those" guys, that you can't help but hate (I may have been calling him "Dicker" in my head), however by the end of it, you just can't help but fall for him.

This collaboration i
Jos
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Deliciously Wicked Sexy and HAWT Stars!!!!!!

Holy Wowza, I have been on a crappy reading streak for awhile and so as soon as I purchased this I said what the heck let's give it a go and OMFG I am SOOOOO Happy I did because it was absolutely PERFECT in EVERY Way.....Decker and Tate, my new fav couple, lololol!!!!!! These two were spot on perfect, they had sass, their bantering was hilarious, loved all their inner thoughts and the sexual chemistry......OFF OF THE FREAKING CHARTS!!!!!<
Janice Somers
What I liked about the book was that it started off with a merger between two law firms in two different states. Tate is from the Dallas law firm and is in Chicago to make the merger transition go smoothly. What she didn't know was that the head of the law firm, Decker, is as much a control freak as she is and that the three brothers didn't know about the merger until she was there to start the job.
Although Tate and Decker, butt heads at work but when they attempt to meet over drinks to tr
Michelle Rodriguez
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cocky Playboy lived up to it’s name. But Decker Collins is more Cocky and Arrogant than Playboy. Enter Tate Reynolds is brassy, take no nonsense and no prisoners type of lady. She is in Chicago making sure the transition between her firm and Decker’s firm goes without a hitch.

I would love to say Tate’s and Decker’s meet cute was flowery, but instead Decker knocks Tate on her ass, literally and figuratively. You are in for some fireworks and war of words between these two.

I love me s
Bibliophile  Chloe
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an intro to a new series by these two!

Cocky Playboy is the story of Decker and Tate.  Two high powered attorneys forced to work the big deal together.

I have to give props to these two gentlemen.  First off, the alternate POV's were phenomenal! I don't know who wrote which character but the flow of the story is seamless!

Second, the chemistry of this story is off the charts hot and boy the dirty talk was on point!

Next, let's talk about Tate,
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Cocky Playboy is a sexy, enemies-to-lovers office romance. This story starts off with a run-in that only adds fuel to the flames. The chemistry between our hero and heroine is off the charts but what I loved best is that this Cocky Playboy, Decker Collins, wants to spend more time with his loved one. He doesn't want to miss out because he has to work 70 + hours a week. He's found a way to keep his company and family from drowning in work by negotiating a merger. The best lawyer for the job, Tate ...more
Amanda Dubuque
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Highly recommend. It's a fun read with lots of hot sex. Couldn't get any better!!
Tre Talbot
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two top lawyers trying to work together for the first time when they’re continuously are at each other’s throats can only turn out one way, an the charts steamy office romance. Decker knows what he wants and exactly what needs to happen in order to win, Tate is a strong confident woman that will not back down when she believes in a purpose. The chemistry between these two is hot and will have you hooked and cheering them on throughout. I was completely thrown for a loop when Decker reveals his d ...more
Katy Tinnin
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved every single thing about this book! Decker Collins was a hot, cocky, dirty talking hero. My favorite kind! Tate was strong and sassy and knocked him on his butt! The plot was fast paced and kept me reading. I had to finish in one sitting. I will definitely be shouting about this book to every one.
Pat
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The storyline was well written and the characters were so well developed that I was totally glued to my kindle from the very beginning! The chemistry between Decker and Tate was instant and HOT which kept me totally enthralled as I turned each and every page until the very end!
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
This book is a must read!! Fabulous characters, a storyline that anything but superficial and emotions that had me laughing out loud and ready to strangle the characters. Decker truly lives up his "cocky" persona, so much that there were a few times I wanted to slap him upside his head. Then add in sassy Tate who from the instant they met throws him one curve ball after another. Their hate/love give and take is epic and the end results you just have to read.
Madeleine East
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok, these two talented men knocked it out of the park with this collaboration. I loved Decker and his Alpha, arrogant, sexy, demanding, jerky ways. This definitely one of those I have to finish it because it's so good, I need to know the ending type of books.
Jenny
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I love this book. In the beginning I didn’t like Decker at all. By the end I loved his character. Tate is a senior partner and she knows what she has to do to make her way in her profession. Together they are hot! But can jealousy ruin everything they think they have? You just need to read this amazing story to know how everything goes. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!!
Jennifer Campos
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! So these 2, Alex and Sloane teaming up to write a steamy HOTT book is the best thing since well sliced bread! Their writing is addicting, I couldn't get enough of this book. I started it again during my break today because it was just THAT DAMN GOOD! I hope and pray that they continue and write some more together specifically Donovan's book, I have a feeling he's going to give us a run for our money. The ending was phenomenal, had no clue and shockingly I CRIED at the end. Such a great book ...more
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh hell yes! I love myself a cocky asshole, and this book delivered one. I don't know why but when it comes to romances, I am always drawn to ones that have an alpha asshole as a main character and Decker was just that. He was cocky as hell, arrogant, alpha and domineering in a way, cockier than playboy in my opinion. Then you add in Tate, a ballsy woman who doesn't take any bullshit.

These two meeting is anything but romantic. Both are high end attorneys that have strong personalities. Tate is
Erin Lewis
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Star Review Cocky Playboy by Sloane Howell and Alex Wolf

This is the first book that I have read by Sloane Howell and Alex Wolf and if this book is an example of how well these two authors collaborate, then we are in for a treat.
Decker Collins is not your average playboy. He is cocky and extremely arrogant and I had a hard time liking him at first, but thankfully he grew on me.
Tate Reynolds is just the woman to stand up to him and I loved how strong and feisty she was; she
Tammy
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was great to read one of Sloane Howell's books again. I'd never read anything by Alex Wolf and these two did a great job together. Fun characters, lots of tension and a happy ever after. What more could you want? I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Keri Loves Books
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Perfect Merger
Get ready for a sexy office romance between two shark lawyers. He wants to be the predator who gets her in his bed. She’s nobody’s prey.

She’s rushing to a meeting when she’s knocked sideways by some guy in a suit. Not only does he wreck her presentation but he steals her cab too. Jerk! That guy, the sexy one in the suit, she’ll probably never see again...

Decker is about to merge his law firm with another for his own personal reasons. He’s going to
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)

5 Perfect Rom-Com Stars!!

Cocky Playboy was an amazing read.  I was a little worried going into this book thinking that was going to be an alpha who falls for this meek heroine who's a pushover.  So yes I was pleasantly surprise when I was proven wrong.

Tate Reynolds is a kick ass lawyer who is in Chicago to help with the merger of the law firm she works for in Dallas and the law firm in Chicago.  Decker Collins is the head of the law firm in Chicago who needs this merger to go through so that he can finally have somewrong.

TateStars!!

Cocky

Carolyn Muller
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chris
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I need a cold shower because Cocky Playboy is one hot read!
Sloan Howell and Alex Wolf have done a great job collaborating on this steamy, sexy story. So, grab on and hold tight, you will not want to put this book down!
Decker and Tate have chemistry right from the beginning and whether they are in or out of the office, the pull they have is magnetic! I wasn’t a big fan of Decker until we started to get to know him better as his layers were pulled back and his secrets were revealed. He i
Amanda
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The dynamic writing duo of Alex Wolf and Sloane Howell brings us one heck of a cocky man in a steamy office romance!!

Decker Collins is working on a merger of his law firm in Chicago with a major firm out of Dallas, Texas. Tate Reynolds is a Senior Associate from the Dallas firm sent to Chicago to oversee the merger. Decker is an alphahole and very cocky and arrogant. Tate is a strong, take charge woman who puts him in his place. The sexual attraction is intense and both try to fight
Pauline Cassie
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cocky Playboy is the debut novel of new writing partnership, Alex Wolf and Sloane Howell ... and what a debut it is!

Meet Decker the oldest Collins brother of a large Chicago law firm and Tate Reynolds. She is in Chicago to help ease the transition during a planned merger with The Hunter Group which will hopefully help her in her bid for partner.

Things don't exactly go to plan and both Tate and Decker find themselves in a rather awkward professional position.

Do
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Alex hails from the Midwest and currently resides in New Orleans.

He enjoys writing steamy romance but more importantly he enjoys the “research” required to produce the steamy scenes. If you like filthy-mouthed, possessive alpha heroes and steamy romance, you’ve come to the right place!