Start by marking “Onde mora o amor” as Want to Read:
Onde mora o amor

Onde mora o amor

Dexter Yates adora sua vida despreocupada em Londres. Além de lindo e rico, mora em um apartamento chique e está sempre acompanhado de belas mulheres. Mas tudo se transforma da noite para o dia quando a irmã morre, deixando a pequena Delphi, de apenas oito meses.

Sem a menor ideia de como cuidar sozinho de um bebê, ele resolve se afastar da correria da cidade grande e se
Published August 2019 by Arqueiro (first published January 1st 2013)

Start your review of Onde mora o amor
Kathryn
Enjoyed this light entertaining story from Jill Mansell and well narrated by Clare Corbett. Life in a small town in England with a lot going on.
BestChickLit.com
To me, reading a Jill Mansell novel is like that first satisfying sip of tea after a hard day and this one was, thankfully, no different – I settled down, started to read and just thought ‘Ahhhhhh!’ You quickly get to know the characters, which immediately enables you to become fully absorbed into their lives. Molly is a quirky artist living in a village where everyone knows your business and after a hilarious meet up between her and Dex they quickly form a ‘will they won’t they’ friendship with ...more
Kate’s Book Spot
Firstly I’d like to thank Helena from Headline Publishing Group for sending me this novel to read and give an honest review. Obviously I have heard of Jill Mansell and seen her books in the shops but I’ve never actually read one (I’m hanging my head in shame now), this meant that I wasn’t sure what to expect from it. Now I’ve finished I have just one question – why have I not read any of her books before? It really was my kind of book, it felt so natural and comfortable to read and right from ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, romance
Once I let go of my romance expectations, this went a lot smoother. Mansell hops perspectives a lot and there are a lot of romantic threads going with three foregrounded. There are two main characters, and the story centers on them mostly, but they make a bare majority of page-space and the story is correspondingly fragmented.

That said, I liked all the side characters and their perspectives didn't suck. And all the romances ended up being uniquely touching in one way or another, and I was
Tina
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you are just in the mood for a light, funny, improbable, quick read. These books fit the bill for that 100%. There is an added bonus that there is an almost stream-of-consciousness style to the storytelling so that you are never sure sometimes where the plot is going to lead or even who the next chapter is going to be about.

In this one we meet our fun loving, well off bachelor Dex. He is a playboy --- the type who has slept with women whose names he can't precisely recall. Normally I
Andrea
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Rounding up to 4 Stars

This audiobook is all these things: smiley, cozy, small town, and narrated with British accents (I got you with that last one, eh?!). When I wasn't listening to it, I wanted to be. Completely satisfying.
Amy
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, it was better than I expected. But I also did not expect to get past the first chapter, so we are talking a seriously low bar here.
I'm a sucker for the "crazy playboy becomes guardian of baby" trope and went in expecting to enjoy the predictable transformation and inevitable romance between him and the woman who sticks with him. In a sense, Don't Want to Miss a Thing did not disappoint. Or maybe it did because it contained sooooo much angst and miscommunication to reach the predictable
Clare
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I love about Jill Mansell, is that you are always guaranteed a good book and I was definitely not disappointed with ‘Don’t Want To Miss A Thing’. It was everything that you want and need in a chick lit novel: witty, fun, well written and pure escapism.

Dexter Yates is the guy who gets all the girls but should be avoided at all costs. He works hard but plays hard. However this all changes after the sudden death of his elder sister Laura who leaves behind an eight month old baby, Delphi. In
Bookworman
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit-heaven
I loved this book! What a joy to read! Laugh out loud funny, great love stories, family challenges, and a nice, happy ending. Definitely a future re-read.

So far I’ve liked Mansell’s “Rumor Has It”, didn’t like “Take a Chance on Me”, but 2 out of three ain’t bad ((as Meatloaf has said) so I’m going to try another.
Alexandra
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading this one on a recent holiday!
Mary
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't read chick-lit, of course I wouldn't...

which is why Jill Mansell is one of my guiltiest pleasures.

Unrealistically gorgeous/rich/witty/and just plain nice characters that you just wish were your friends, check; star-crossed lovers, check; improbable plot lines keeping the aforesaid star-crossed lovers, well, star-crossed, check; effortless reading, check; and of course happy endings (at least four), check. And a huge happy sigh.

I think this is probably the best Jill Mansell I've thus
Angie
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun, quirky, light-hearted novel from Jill Mansell. I love the quintessential British feel to her books. They are a great escape and never (well almost never!) fail to entertain.

This particular one has really great "side stories" too so that helped me to bump up the rating. I was interested in all the villagers lives and how they would all end up. I'm not going to rehash the book blurb as you can clearly read it on the book page. As I've said before in reviewing her books, the morals
Marleen
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This read was an absolute pleasant surprise. I had seen some of Jill Mansell's books translated into Dutch, so looked up the original (EN) version, and gave this one a try. I genuinely enjoyed many aspects of this story. There was something very British about it. Remarkably, it was neither too shallow, nor too uppity - It really had the right amount of humor and humanity about it. The characters gave off an authentic feel albeit featuring in a very "feel-good" story.
For a story synopsis and more
Maheswari
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
finding your soulmate

Well oh well .... this book makes me laugh so much
Molly and Dex definitely shake my world

The things that suck all my tears is what happened to Amber

This book is like finding “ Love Actually “ movie in utter perfect level than the movie itself

This is my first read of this author and pretty sure will read more of her book
Rebecca
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The things that go on in this quiet little village."

Welcome to Briarwood. A sleepy little village, hidden away from the strains and stresses of the everyday life of the city. Dexter Yates is the typical ladies man, leap-frogging from woman to woman, spending nights in bars & clubs with his mates, and generally just living the perfectly sculpted bachelor lifestyle. Whilst spending some quality time in bed with his latest lady friend, Dexter's phone rings. After checking the screen, he
Zel Polev
Rea Cobb
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have only read a couple of books by Jill Mansell, the covers always appeal to me and although I enjoyed her previous books they have never seemed to leave a lasting impression on me.

I loved the synopsis of the book it sounded like my kind of read and again the cover of Don't Want to Miss a Thing is one that would reach out to me from the shelves.

Dexter Yates loves his fun, care-free London life; he has money, looks and girlfriends galore. But everything changes overnight when his sister dies,
Peri
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think everyone has an author that becomes the comfy joggers and blankie of their reading habits and Jill Mansell is mine. This latest offering from her doesn't disappoint on any level. It has sentences of lovely imagery that I think sometimes get lost in the pace of the characters lives and her story telling but they are there like little hidden gems or the free gift in the cereal box. Her characters in this book have a lovely mix of the gorgeous and the real, and gorgeous ones get nice doses ...more
AudreyLovesParis
Jan 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Life is too short to read bad books. I got about two thirds of the way through this book and decided my time was too valuable to continue reading it. Poor writing, too many unnecessary characters, no real character development and a plot that defies reality. I am not a fan of chic-lit and this book is just too much air and no substance.
Sara Smith
3.5 stars Somewhat predictable and happy, but isn't that why I read these kinds of books?
Carolyn  Storer
This was my first Jill Mansell. Nothing special but it was a nice cosy story with likeable characters. Will definitely try more from this author. Well read by one of my favourite narrators.
Morgan
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
 Marla
There was a LOT going on in this book and much of it was good fun. I'm kind of a prude so the falling into bed with hour old acquaintances was a bit unsettling for me, but I enjoyed the light, humorous story. It seemed really long to me with all these plots and characters, but I was surprised at how much the author got in 352 pages or in my case, 12 hours and 8 minutes.

Interesting that most of the guys are decent and Dex, our hero is the biggest cad, unless you count Joe's monumental deception.
David Snape
This was a book that was given to me from a raffle at the Going Forward Music Festival in Spalding and I thought, ok I will give it a try. It’s about a guy called Dexter who has moved away from the city to live life at a quieter area called Briarwood. Meeting characters that tests out relationships and friendships along with taking care of a 8 month baby called Delphi, bought to him when her sister past away. Not a keen lover on romantic stories and this wasn’t too bad, should have been a 3 star ...more
Angela W
Aug 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this book one bit. It has too many holes and skips in stories, so not impressed. I won't be reading Jill Mansell books amymore.
Vlada
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lost-interest
DNF at about 30%. Too formulaic, the plot's been done to death before. Meh.
Laurie-Anne
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jill-mansell
Yet another fabulous book from Jill Mansell. The stories all interconnect, and you feel so genuinely attached to the characters. You just want them to feel happy. I loved this book!
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
This isn't really what I thought. I expected a relationship between just two people - it's much more a women's fiction story of an ensemble of people. Very cute, very sweet.

The narration by Alison Larkin was very good, very British, very enjoyable. Perfect for this story.
Michelle
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: still reading p345 Chapter 46
Shelves: like-these-books
Rachel Shepley
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable easy read!
Good story 3 24 May 08, 2014 01:46AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Jill Mansell 1 2 Feb 01, 2014 02:52PM

• Wedding Night
  • A French Affair
  • When in Doubt, Add Butter
  • I Owe You One
  • About a Girl (A Girl, #1)
  • The Bride Wore Size 12 (Heather Wells, #5)
  • It's Raining Men
  • The Love of Her Life
  • The Wish List
  • The Lady Most Willing... (Lady Most..., #2)
  • Good Husband Material
  • Remember Me?
  • A Place to Call Home
  • It's a Kind of Magic
  • Alguém para amar
  • A Vintage Wedding
  • I've Got Your Number
  • Paradise Fields
Jill Mansell lives with her partner and children in Bristol, and writes full time. Actually that’s not true; she watches TV, eats fruit gums, admires the rugby players training in the sports field behind her house, and spends hours on the internet marvelling at how many other writers have blogs. Only when she’s completely run out of displacement activities does she write.

Jill Mansell's books have